It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I checked cnn today and i swear it was the exact same articles as a few days ago, and not even counting the trayvon fest.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL...

cheers the idiots deserve it...

I truly hope it is true, since the integrity of the newsman and reporter is a fiction.

good

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Interesting CNN and FOX are losing viewers like a sieve loses water.

This is what happens when you turn a once-objective news source into non-stop 24-hour-a-day shilling and propaganda.

People are waking up to the MSM lies. O happy day!

The article goes on to note: "They are turning to independent shows, like mine, and like The Young Turks... they are turning to news sites like The Huffington Post and Daily Caller... " Press TV is also up

And maybe ATS?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think that maybe CNN and NASA (Never A Straight Answer) should Merge

Then they could send all that propaganda off this world.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
reply to post by charles1952

Guess its time for another disaster to keep people interested, then.

We had GOM/BP oil in 2010, Japan in 2011. Wonder what kind of a monster horrorshow they will cook up for us next?

I am not sure what "They" will cook up for us either? Only because we just had two asteroids buzz our planet and weren't informed of this until after the "near miss"

Anyway, I, and many other people figure, it won't be what "They" cook up, but rather what the cosmos' are preparing to serve "Us"

Lame Stream Media are for the flouridated citizens now

edit on 29-3-2012 by mrspiggy because: fil in reply,lol

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have 2 words that will explain the loss of CNN's viewers.

JOHN KING.

I thought Mitt Romney was the stiffest robotic guy in the world. I was wrong. John King has him beat. He has to be the biggest bore on television. He's a horrible journalist and a pain to watch.

I bet he wears tidy whities.
edit on 29-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have the answer,and it might surprise you..........................................not!

They will eat the brains of the MSM and still be hungry cause there is nothing there !
edit on 29-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Its comparing stats to the same time a year ago and restricted to the month by month comparisons. Its not total viewer ship.

However it is interesting to note the decline. Even more so when it doesn't note an increase in any one channel that accounts for the loss.

So, what we have is the people treating the news like we treat elections...

Here is the original article the stats were pulled from -

source - mediabistro
edit on 29-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This article doesn't say anything about MSNBC. Did their viewership go down as well?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

CNN’s new morning shows are severely under-performing with the time period having its worst quarter in more than 10 years, since Q2 2001. The 6-9amET hours, the final hour of “Early Start” and two hours of “Starting Point,” are down -32% in Total Viewers and down -39% in A25-54 viewers vs. Q1 2011.

CNN TOPS MSNBC IN PRIMETIME BY DOUBLE DIGITS DURING FIRST QUARTER 2012

AC 360 TOPS MSNBC’S LAST WORD AT 10PM FOR THE QUARTER

CNN Sees Solid Gains Compared to Last Quarter

First Quarter 2012 Highlights:
CNN tops MSNBC in M-F and M-Su primetime in the key demo for the first quarter 2012
AC 360 at 10pm tops MSNBC’s Last Word in the target demo 25-54
CNN tops MSNBC throughout dayside (9am-5pm)
CNN sees gains compared to last quarter (Q4 2011) — all of the cable news networks are down compared to the first quarter a year ago due to extensive coverage of the Japan earthquake/tsunami and Arab Spring

For the first quarter 2012, CNN topped MSNBC in Monday-Friday primetime (8-11pm) by double digits (+11%) in the key demographic 25-54 (276k vs. 248k). This represents the first quarterly win over MSNBC in M-F prime in a year (since Q1 2011). CNN also bested MSNBC in M-Su primetime this quarter in the key demo (256k vs. 237k).

Anderson Cooper 360 continued to show a strong ratings performance, topping MSNBC’s Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell at 10pm in the key demo (254k vs. 219k).

click source in my other post for remainder of stats..

Also -
Tvbythenumbers - Cable News Ratings daily

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yah, way past go. The Kardashians, War on Terror and election tripe is the only thing they gotta talk about. Thats not new at all. Thats "olds". I come here and where this leads me with links. Thanks ATS diggers, you the best.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrspiggy

We had GOM/BP oil in 2010, Japan in 2011. Wonder what kind of a monster horrorshow they will cook up for us next?

Another war in the mid east prolly.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

www.businessinsider.com

For the month of March, CNN was down -50% in total viewers and down -60% in A25-54 viewers (Total Day).the viewer exodus is not limited to CNN, though..."Fox News is down -17%..."

Perhaps, if I may be so bold, this is what happens to you when you continue to report stories that no longer resemble -- even remotely -- what your own viewers see outside their windows and apartments
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hi left.
I have been posting on some 911 and Ancient Civilization threads.
I see a lot of propaganda right there.
I know your thread here is about reductions in mainstream media viewing.
Well it made me think a little. Are people tuneing out because they GET IT or the coverags just stinks for what is there.
Also I want to know from other members if the media is just doing a blanket job to cover up 911 and the wars or other things???
As I am thinking about the begining of the take over (franchising) of the media.
When does it really begin??? Is there a slow nibble or a big ramp in 2001.
Good thread ljb

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ok thanks for sharing. Not surprised that Cooper is beating ODonnell. The guy was arguing with a chair the other night..lol.

Rachel Maddow is the best person they have on MSNBC...by far. The only shows i really watch anymore, when i have the time, is her show and the Young Turks on Current. I will watch Wolf Blitzer sometimes....always liked Cafferty's emails. Good at showing the attitude of the country on a given subject.

I can't stomach Fox News anymore and it used to be all i watched...and even then...i hated Sean Hannity. His ratings ride on O'Reilly and Limbaugh...as his tv show and radio show follow both of them...both the highest in the ratings.
edit on 29-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
could be due to the change-over to the digital box which they made mandatory,
I use to watch CNN until the switch.

Mine changed over and they gave us free boxes, I still don't watch CNN. Don't get me wrong though, FOX is crap too so I don't watch them anymore either. If you are getting it from TV it is more than likely a mind numbing waste of time or pure propaganda.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's because most people now view the news just like this.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That is really interesting. Hopefully this is a sign that people are waking up and want something more insightful and fulfilling that correlates with what they endure in every day life. The comments even made me smile and further gives me hope that humanity is not lost and that one day we will take this great planet back from TPTB, and rightfully so.

Peace be with everyone.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's just the mindless over kill of stupid crap that doesn't matter.
A kid get's killed.
Happens everyday.
Who is going to be the next republican nominee?
Who cares,not one of them are worth a crap.

News hasn't had a bit of quality since cable and the OJ trial.

Walter Cronkite is rolling in his grave right now.

That is why people are finally waking up and seeking alternative outlets for the news.
Show some news,don't rehash the same thing day in and day out.
" news" is suppose to be "NEW".

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's no more and no less than they deserve.

This is great news. In fact it inspired me to register after years of lurking. (This is my first post).

Although I have to wonder....if the MSM disappears entirely, what are we going to link to in breaking alt news?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I get most of my news from social media... The relevant stuff anyway

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well the real news will be when the Assad regime collapses for whatever reason and the Free Syrian Army goes on a raping and pillaging quest resulting in the total destruction of Damascus?

The Free Syrian Army has a lot of hate stored up; when it's their time they will unleash a lot of pain and destruction.

Hope that helps,

Mr medinet

Originally posted by jefwane

Call this a wild ass guess, TheXoor, but my guess would be stoking racial tensions to try to get some good ole' civil disorder going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join