Why be a Mod?

page: 5
35
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I applied for mod and they said I was "over qualified".

The story of my life


how can someone be over Q'd to be a mod on ATS..

I mean seriously !!
I can mod my guild site it aint all that LMAO ..

wow..




posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I applied for mod and they said I was "over qualified".

The story of my life


how can someone be over Q'd to be a mod on ATS..

I mean seriously !!
I can mod my guild site it aint all that LMAO ..

wow..


Your overqualified if your nice to people. And don't judge people about their beliefs to the point of banishment. Oh and if your not a smart ass.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo
 


You know he was joking right? lol xx



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
That knowledge is hidden from us mortal members. No doubt being privy to such information is one of the 'rewards' of being a mod. The rest of us must carry on smilingly tapping out posts as though nothing has happened because if you express even the smallest amount of curiosity then you're walking on thin ice.


Bannings are, for the most part, a last resort and, 9 out of ten times, the banned member comes back without incident. We don't like banning members and we often deliberate over it, giving the member more than enough chances to understand the issues but, for reasons unknown to us, they cannot comprehend or graps the rules here.



Originally posted by Silver Star

It must be strange for the mods trying to exist as normal members on ATS. They either get vitriolic, resentful replies to their posts or the chief apple-shiners come out to stroke their egos.


when I post in a thread, and I'm debating with someone, it is inevitable that there will be a post along the lines of "you're an admin and you'll probably ban me now" or some other nonsense. Truth is, I am probably the least likely to ban someone and the odds are, if you and I were debating a topic and you tossed out something that might, normally, get you banned, you will probably get a bit more leeway as I would be afraid that the prior comment about eventually banning you would now look to be true.

Trying to get into a thread, as a member, is difficult as hell because we spot T&C issues and we can't do anything about them and, in a thread were active in, if we alert an issue and the post gets actioned, it might make it look like we're wielding mod power to benefit our argument. Truth is, at times, it sucks to be both.



Originally posted by Silver Star
The positions of 'mod' and 'member' are mutually exclusive. One cannot be viewed as both, surely?


The staff would love for them to be mutually exclusive, more so since the bulk of the complaints and alerts come from the members, not from the staff but, sadly, for reasons mentioned above, we can never be both.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs
 


is Mickey Dees hiring?



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
HEY MODS GUESS WHAT stay on topic! This is about why be a mod not that mods like high heels. But I guess im in the wrong? I just don't want to look at an entire page about shoes. Hipocrits.


You're in a fun mood eh?


Lighten up. This is the OT forum and a light hearted discussion. Its not a battleground.

Last time I checked, we're swapping storys and having fun.

Edit to Add - what kind of work are you hiring for? Got a CV ready to go.
edit on 29/3/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur
 


That's funny... I didn't know law firms are fast food now. But you can think what you think.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur
 


Mods don't get paid for a reason.

That reason being...disinfo agents cost ALOT more.
BTW Crakeur...thanks for putting my vacation pay on my last cheque....you were right...Bohemian Grove charges waaay too much for the drinks just like you said so I could use the extra cash at this time.

In all seriousness....you guys do a great job and have ALOT of patience,or patients.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
It gets you an office in langley,yet i doubt many will admit it.you've been warned.no doubt this will be deleted by a mod quickly-good at their job but no sense of humour.


Langley dear boy?

Thames House you mean. Her Majesty is very particular. Remember that incident in '89 with Binky Frensham and that Frenchwoman in Leic...

Ah... yes. Say no more.

You post won't be deleted because people like me have been appointed by HM Gov. to make sure it stays there.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
HEY MODS GUESS WHAT stay on topic! This is about why be a mod not that mods like high heels. But I guess im in the wrong? I just don't want to look at an entire page about shoes. Hipocrits.


You're in a fun mood eh?


Lighten up. This is the OT forum and a light hearted discussion. Its not a battleground.

Last time I checked, we're swapping storys and having fun.

Edit to Add - what kind of work are you hiring for? Got a CV ready to go.
edit on 29/3/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)


Then how did I get an off topic post? If it is indeed the off topic forum. None of you can put down childish remarks to tell me why.


+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
Then how did I get an off topic post? If it is indeed the off topic forum. None of you can put down childish remarks to tell me why.


Because we don't have a "You're being an ass" action tag as of yet. With only a few very case specific reasons, every actioned post on ATS boils down to a case of a member acting like a complete ass, either towards other members, the site, or the Staff.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs
 


OK. The clue is in the warning. Off Topic

It means that, for whatever reason, you decided to take this thread away from its gentle, refreshing banter and divert it to such a degree that the topic line you were taking it into could not be maintained along with the original premise of the thread.

Kind of like when your making a cheese sandwich, and you stop to go get a soda and your friend comes in, takes the cheese away and replaces it with bratwurst.

Is it the cheese sandwich you were craving any more?

No.

Its a bratwurst one. When you wanted cheese. No amount of bratwurst is getting you the cheese back.

So, it has to go.

Even in an OT forum, bratwurst is not Cheese

Capice?



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
Then how did I get an off topic post? If it is indeed the off topic forum. None of you can put down childish remarks to tell me why.


Because we don't have a "You're being an ass" action tag as of yet. With only a few very case specific reasons, every actioned post on ATS boils down to a case of a member acting like a complete ass, either towards other members, the site, or the Staff.


Like your doing to me? But I guess you can because your mods pathetic.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was asked to be a mod here a long time ago, but when I found out I would have to wear a tight leather outfit and spank Springer, I quickly declined.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore
 


No what you are saying is if I don't write what the mods want it gets deleted. I was being civil. But I guess sandwiches are better suited for a topic. All you mods are doing is digging a deeper hole.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
I didn't know law firms are fast food now. But you can think what you think.


Someone has no sense of humor, whatsoever, and is here only to knock the staff.


So be it. It's cool, you can do that. It's your right.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs
 


OK. The clue is in the warning. Off Topic

It means that, for whatever reason, you decided to take this thread away from its gentle, refreshing banter and divert it to such a degree that the topic line you were taking it into could not be maintained along with the original premise of the thread.

Kind of like when your making a cheese sandwich, and you stop to go get a soda and your friend comes in, takes the cheese away and replaces it with bratwurst.

Is it the cheese sandwich you were craving any more?

No.

Its a bratwurst one. When you wanted cheese. No amount of bratwurst is getting you the cheese back.

So, it has to go.

Even in an OT forum, bratwurst is not Cheese

Capice?


Oh and I did forget to add. Please show me the exact T&C clause that states what I said was off topic. That's what I asked. Not for a sandwich story that has no meaning or relativity.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs
 


wow, you are a lawyer, aren't you. always arguing, regardless of the point.

take a breather friend. you are getting your panties in a bunch for no reason.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
I didn't know law firms are fast food now. But you can think what you think.


Someone has no sense of humor, whatsoever, and is here only to knock the staff.


So be it. It's cool, you can do that. It's your right.




I am here to state what I have to say uder freedom of speech. Not bash people that don't even matter to me. You are here to support the site. Not here to say we rule this site so bow down or get banned. It is my right and I get criticized by using it.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs
 


you want to start a thread bashing the staff, go ahead. this thread was started so that a member could ask specific questions from the staff and you came in here, trolling from the get go.

want to know another right we have here on ATS?


The right of community management. It's in the terms and conditions.

might want to look it up as you continue your complaining.





new topics
top topics
 
35
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join