It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Miracles of the Quran ( Embryology 14 centuries ago )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'll just mention a few miracles Allah has put in the Quran to make believers and non-believers aware of who you're suppose to worship and what you're suppose to work for.

For example the Quran talks about how a woman gets pregnant in detail, is it possible that a man living in the arabic peninsula that could neither write or read knew this?

The origins of life according to the Qur'an

There are at least 60 verses which deal explicitly with human reproduction and development, but these are scattered throughout the Qur'an and many of the themes are repeated over and over again, as is common to much of the book. A useful place to begin would be the material out of which we are created. One would expect the Qur'an to be unambiguous about such an elementary matter, but the verses listed show just how much uncertainty there appears to be in our origins. Note that except where indicated the translation used is the translation of Yusuf Ali (Saudi Revised Edition).

Could it be from earth?

11:61 It is He Who hath produced you from the earth

Or dry clay (Arabic Salsaal)?

15:26,28,33 We created man from sounding clay
17:61 ... Thou didst create from clay
32:7 He began the creation of man from clay

Did we come from nothing?

19:67 We created him before out of nothing

No, we did not!

52:35 Were they created of nothing?

Did we come from mud?

23:12 We created man from a product of wet earth (loam) (Pickthall)
23:12 Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay)
38:71 I am about to create a mortal out of mire

Or water?

25:54 It is He Who has created man from water (see also 21:30, 24:45)

Could it be dust?

3:59 He created (Jesus) out of dust
30:20 He created you from dust
35:11 Allah did create you from dust ....

Perhaps we arose from the dead or from one person?

30:19 It is He who brings out the living from the dead
39:6 He created you from a single Person (see also 4:1)

To resolve the considerable ambiguity about what exactly we are made of, it has been suggested that all of the above are complimentary accounts, in the same way that a loaf of bread could be said to be made of dough, flour, carbohydrate or molecules. This evades the issue however. The metaphorical description of God making man out of the dust of the earth is ancient and predates the Qur'an by thousands of years; it is found in the Bible in Genesis 2:7. If this was literal it would be in direct scientific conflict with evolutionists who maintain that life was created out of the oceans, but Muslims maintain that we were created both from the oceans and from earth.

The drop of fluid or semen

In a number of places we are informed that man is created from a drop of fluid (semen, seed or sperm):

16:4 He created man from a drop of fluid (Pickthall)
16:4 He has created man from a sperm-drop
32:8 He made his seed from a quintessence of despised fluid
35:11 ... then from a little fluid (Pickthall)
53:46 (he created) from a drop of seed when it is poured forth (Pickthall)
53:46 From a sperm-drop when lodged (in its place)
56:58 Have ye seen that which ye emit (Pickthall)
56:58 Do you then see? The (human Seed) that ye emit
75:37 Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth (Pickthall)
75:37 Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?
76:2 We create man from a drop of thickened fluid (Pickthall)
76:2 We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm
77:20 Did We not create you from a worthless water (semen, etc.)? (Al-Hilali & Khan)
80:19 From a sperm-drop He hath created him
86:6-7 He is created from a drop emitted - proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.

Could any of this have been known to sixth-century Muslims at the time of Muhammed? Surely that procreation involves the emission of a drop of fluid has been well known from the earliest days of civilization. In Genesis 38:9 the Bible tells us that Onan "spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother". The verses which describe the origin of life as a drop of emitted fluid are therefore no more than a direct observation as to what is released during the act of sexual intercourse. We hardly need to rely upon divine inspiration to inform us of this fact.

In the verses listed above nutfah is used when describing the fluid which gushes out during sexual intercourse and clearly this can only refer to semen. However, Prof. Moore is keen to translate nutfah in sura 76:2 as "mingled fluid" [3] and explains that this Arabic term refers to the male and female fluids which contain the gametes (male sperm and female egg). While it is true that the ancient Greeks would not have been able to see individual sperm or eggs, these only being visible through the microscope, the Qur'an emphatically does not mention sperm or eggs; it simply says nutfah. This can reasonably be translated semen, or at a push, germinal fluid - which was a term used as early as Hippocrates [4] who spoke of male and female reproductive fluids (but obviously could not have been aware of the cells contained in the fluids). If Moore wishes to translate nutfah as germinal fluid, he inadvertently reinforces that the Qur'an is borrowing this term from the Greeks.

Sura 86:6 is interesting since it claims that during the act of sexual intercourse before which a man is created, the "gushing fluid" or semen issues from between the loins and ribs. Semen is apparently coming out of the area around the kidneys and back, which is a real problem for we know that the testicles are the sites of sperm production (although the ancient Greeks were not so convinced. Aristotle for example amusingly believed that they functioned as weights to keep the seminal passages open during sexual intercourse [5]).

The explanation offered by Muslims [6] for the strange statement in this sura relates to the fact that the testicles originally develop from tissue in the area of the kidneys, when the man from whom sperm is gushing forth was himself an embryo. In other words, in a very convoluted fashion the sperm originates from the area between the loins and ribs because that is where the testicles which are producing the sperm originally form.

There is a rather less complicated explanation for this verse however. The Greek physician Hippocrates and his followers taught in the fifth century BC that semen comes from all the fluid in the body, diffusing from the brain into the spinal marrow, before passing through the kidneys and via the testicles into the penis [7]. Clearly according to this view sperm originates from the region of the kidneys, and although there is obviously no substance to this teaching today, it was well-known in Muhammed's day, and shows how the Qur'an could contain such an erroneous statement.

If you were to deny the fact that Muhammad was given this information by a Divine being, could you then explain how he knew it? Or are you of the deniers?
Even the scientists are saying that it's to obvious that a divine being must have brought forth the information, if they are the best educated in science among you, why do you then deny?

Video about embryology in the Quran and why the scientists convert to Islam when they see it.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-3-2012 by ImaMuslim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Awesome, No one ever expected you to do this!

ZING!11

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What do you mean? Do you really think I would waste a second of my life on it if I knew it wasn't the truth? I'm not demanding money or sacrifice, just take a minute to read and reconsider. The more you read the more knowledge you gain.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Or, and bear with me here, he knew babies came from "nuftah" but was mistaken on where it came from.
Which...wouldnt make him much more different from anyone else.

Did he ever mention cells? Or atoms? Maybe bacteria or virii? Because then you might have something
This just seems like too big of an if
edit on 29-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

Also you go from saying

"There is a rather less complicated explanation for this verse however. The Greek physician Hippocrates and his followers taught in the fifth century BC that semen comes from all the fluid in the body, diffusing from the brain into the spinal marrow, before passing through the kidneys and via the testicles into the penis [7]. Clearly according to this view sperm originates from the region of the kidneys, and although there is obviously no substance to this teaching today, it was well-known in Muhammed's day, and shows how the Qur'an could contain such an erroneous statement."

To saying he was given all of this information from Allah?

So which is it? You can't have it both ways. He was given this information was from Allah but a possible error in the science could be blamed on hypocrates (my favorite man) because it was what was believed at the time?

Getting info from a divine being, he shouldnt be able to use that excuse, correct?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Your right I'd expect something along these lines ?

Science errors in Quran

It's a very long list, I am sure as with the bible there are explanations, ie: miss translations etc.

The Quran recognizes the bible and Torah, saying Christians and Jews where the custodians of scripture int the line of prophets.

The bible states that if even an angel should come to us with a different gospel that they should be cursed and we should have nothing to do with it. (which is what both Mohamed and Joseph smith respectively said happened.)

This would apply to any religion coming after Christ death that would seek to pervert the gospel, out would than technically apply to Mormons and Muslims...

For reference it's Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

edit on 29-3-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I agree that there are many things in the Koran that are hard to explain, for instance how it knows about the gender of bees is a good example.
Things that are hard to explain are found in just about every ancient religion and culture though, how were the Pyramids, Stonehenge, Baalbeck etc etc built?
How did the Mayans get there calender so accurate that we are only just catching up today?
How did the Dogon know Sirius was a binary star?
The list goes on and on

Was Mohhamed (PBUH) a great man? Yes
Do I think he has a monopoly on any special information? No

We have no way of knowing what information survived to his day from the advanced ancient civilizations that came from his area, Its highly probable that the Sumerians, Egyptians, Baylonians etc etc had an idea about reproduction and the knowledge survived in an oral tradition.

Out of curiousity have you studied any other religions besides the Abrahamic faiths?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
@benrl
Mis-interpreting a verse isn't considered an error. You can't go to a site and claim to have found errors in the Quran, have you researched for yourself? I never knew there was a wikiIslam, I wonder why writes articles in there, perhaps an atheist or an anti-muslim person?

There are no errors in the Quran and there are no contradictions. Your claims are false. If the Quran contained that many errors as you mention, scientists would have never become muslims.

Just because you can't interpret a verse right doesn't mean you've found an error, you have to read the whole to understand the part. You can't take a verse and ignore the rest, you'll never find out under what circumstances it's being told.

For example there is a verse that talks about the time when Allah told the angels to prostrate to Adam and everyone did except for the Devil, you would think that the Devil is an angel if you only read that verse, but when you continue to the next verse you'll find out that he says "I'm made of fire" and that Adam is made out of clay. Since angels are made of light and Jinns (spirits) are made of smokeless fire that means the Devil can't be an angel and there the conclusion that he was an angel is false.

Please do some research before you accept WikiIslam as true fact. Do not let ignorance prevail, after all that's what ATS is made to prevail right?

What your not taking into consideration benrl is that the Torah and the Bible have been made corrupt, they have been edited since the early stages of it's revelation. But the Quran is un-edited and will remain so till it's Allahs will to remove it. He even said so in the Quran;

9. Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur'an) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption) .

The Quran also speaks about the edited verses of the old Scriptures.

then woe to those who write the book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby. ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #79)

And when there came to them (the Jews), a book (this Qur'an) from Allah confirming what is with them [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], although aforetime they had invoked Allah (for coming of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) in order to gain victory over those who disbelieved, then when there came to them that which they had recognised, they disbelieved in it. So let the Curse of Allah be on the disbelievers. ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #89)

And indeed, We gave Musa (Moses) the book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Îsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel عليه السلام)]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some you disbelieved and some you killed. ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #87)

The reason why the Old Scriptures were edited was so that it could benefit the ones who edited it, for instant the Jews made interest forbidden to be taken from a believer of Judaism but not from a non-believer. And the bible changed the text to make it look as if Jesus is god even though he never said so. And no one will understand the trinity, it's not logical and doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

Sure sure, no errors in the Quran.

So Quran admits Torah and bible are inspired scripture...

Bible says don't listen to an angel who preaches a different gospel.

Mohamed claims an angel came to him, and I believe that could of happen as one third fell and a demons still an angel, who came to him with a "better" gospel...

I know to many we are arguing invisible men in the sky, but you're holy book says my holy book was part of holy scripture. My holy book says not to trust any scripture that alters what it says... Can you see how that would give Christians pause about Islam?

It's the same reason that Christians have a problem with Mormons as they claim the exact same thing...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
@benrl

There are no errors in the Quran and there are no contradictions.

Woah woah woah, you did it AGAIN. So if there are no errors why could hypocratic teachings be an excuse for ERRONEOUS statements?

You contradict yourself multiple times in this thread...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What you should do mate is preach this to the terrorist scum that go around bombing, shooting and killing in the name of your God Allah. Whats the deal anyway dont Muslims educate your masses enough to know your holy book prohibits killing other human beings in the name of your God or profit Muhammad? Your religion is doomed anyways just like organised Christianity is here in the West. What i suspect you or your religion have failed to realise is that praise for God(Prayer) should be between you and him, no church, Mosque or temple are required!
edit on 29-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

okay so Quran is incorruptible, and 100% right with no errors or contradictions?

Okay how bout this

From the quran

We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt. (10:94)

So who are the people of the book and why would you ask them anything if their book was "corrupted" as you say?

In one hand you dismiss the wisdom of the Jews and Christians yet the Quran says to ask them if you need help understansding... But their books are error filled?

link   

Originally posted by Monsatan

@benrl

There are no errors in the Quran and there are no contradictions.

Woah woah woah, you did it AGAIN. So if there are no errors why could hypocratic teachings be an excuse for ERRONEOUS statements?

You contradict yourself multiple times in this thread...

Did you even really think when you typed that? What do you mean by hypocratic teachings? You're already saying the Quran is being hypocratic by teaching what's true, have you even read the Quran once? I think you're the hypocrit here, you're forgetting the essence of science to do research and to believe what you see.
I clearly said there no errors in the quran because there are none, and there are no contradictions. It's impossible, If there were, the Quran would contradict itself, meaning the religion would fall apart just like Christianity is doing. But that hasn't happened, Allah promised to protect it and he has, 1400 years and it still hasn't been touched a single letter. How? Simply because there are millions of muslims that has memorized the quran and if an error was to be found, they would know it directly.

You're not going anywhere by attacking me that way, wouldn't it be better to come with a softer approach?

link   

Your claims are false. If the Quran contained that many errors as you mention, scientists would have never become muslims.

Religious indoctrination does amazing things, Im sure you would admit that the bible has many contradictions yet there are still plenty of scientists who are Christian.

And you also have to take into account the fact that if your born a Muslim you dont really have the option of converting, I live in a Muslim country and more than half the "Muslims" I know arent actually Muslim but are to scared to say otherwise due to the fact their families would ostracise them and worse they could face jail time or even floggings!!!!!!!

And I live in a tolerant moderate Muslim country

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

There are no errors in the Quran and there are no contradictions. Your claims are false.

This type of drivel is typical of a brainwashed muslim. Sorry bud, but there are too many things about the quran and islam that i interpret in a way as to suggest it is nothing but a bunch of hogwash, and that you all are brainwashed cult followers that get aggressive and violent whenever someone questions something about it.
Not saying that I hate islam, but I guess what I am saying is that muslims need to learn their place in this world, stop trying to take over and control everything. It's called fascism and some people don't like it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
@benrl
I'm not the only one saying the bible and Torah is corrupt, the people admit it themselves. Most of christians admit it, high priests as low priests admit it. Those who haven't studied it, can only ponder on the wrong they're doing. You can't make guesses when you don't know.

For example take a look on You tube on why Christians convert to Islam, it's nothing hard to do. Listen to what the priests say, how they lived and what they lived for. They've lived as Christians and they were priests, wouldn't it be obvious that they know more of Christianity than you do? Their life is based on living as the bible tells right? Then why do they convert? Because perhaps the bible tells them so?

Take a look at this one perhaps, he has a masters in Divinity and has studied the bible since very early age, he's also a Dr. At least listen to what he says, even if you think he's wrong. Why Christian Scholar Dr. Derks accepted Islam - TheDeenShow

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Dude... Hypocrates
Hypocratic oath
Hypocratic teachings...
Teachings of hypocrates

Did you think when you read it?
And for the record, I am taking a "soft" approach..otherwise I would find all the contradictions you say don't exist and jam them down your throat

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Your claims are false. If the Quran contained that many errors as you mention, scientists would have never become muslims.

Religious indoctrination does amazing things, Im sure you would admit that the bible has many contradictions yet there are still plenty of scientists who are Christian.

And you also have to take into account the fact that if your born a Muslim you dont really have the option of converting, I live in a Muslim country and more than half the "Muslims" I know arent actually Muslim but are to scared to say otherwise due to the fact their families would ostracise them and worse they could face jail time or even floggings!!!!!!!

And I live in a tolerant moderate Muslim country

You're somehow right, just because I was born in a muslim family and raised as a muslim doesn't mean I'm a muslim. It's not what I say that makes me a muslim, It's what I do. So even I was to tell you I'm a muslim and I wouldn't follow the commandments I wouldn't be a muslim. Also some are born into strict environments as such if they leave Islam they could be killed. I can't disagree with you. But every human thinks for themselves, If I know Islam is not what I belief in, then I won't do as it says. But if I'm religious and I've come to know that what I belief in is right then I will follow that away. You can never force anyone to belief in something they don't want to. God gave humans the right to choose, you either believe or you don't, simple as that. If I think what I believe is correct then I must convince you it's the truth, and you will do vice-versa. But we have limits as to what we can say and do.

This guy pondered about the same thing as you did, here's Dr. Zakir Naiks answer on it. www.youtube.com...

If I'm born in a muslim family does that mean I'm a muslim, what If I was born in a christian family, would I then be a christian? As I would tell you, when I wasn't able to study Islam for myself, I was a muslim by my family, but now that I'm able to think for myself, I'm a muslim by choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Organised religion is nothing more than a control construct! Organised religion conditions morons to beleve the samething often contrary to the Holy book that spawned the ideology in the first place!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

See that's another funny thing,

My holy book says that there will be a time when even the elect (Christians ) will fall away due to false prophets preaching doctrine of demons.

That an abomination will sit on the site of the original Jewish temple...

The god of the bible tells me to love my enemy, that to even look at some one in anger is wrong, that I should treat every man women and child on this planet as my own family...

Yahushua wouldn't have me so much as scowl if you burn a bible, probably want me to offer another for the fire rather than get angry about...

Mohamed not so much...

The word of god can survive and stand on its own with out the need to defend it with violence

Now I am sure that as with Christians the beliefs and behavior do not always match, and that there are bad muslims as there are bad Christians, but I'll stick with the teachings of Yahushua.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply

So how do you feel about the Koran saying people who convert away from Islam should be killed?

Do you also think that part was divinely inspired and came from Allah the merciful, Allah the compasionate, Allah the Loving etc etc?

Have you studied any other faiths besides Islam?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join