It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An overreaction or good parenting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
Don't forget that it wasn't even a reiki practitioner that the mother was working with. She was working with a chiropractor, who herself had seen a reiki practitioner. The reiki practitioner as far as we know had no contact with the daughter. So that right there puts a little dent in the mothers logic.

For all we know, the daughter may have been reacting to a danger to the mother's spiritual welfare.

Children seem to be more sensitive to things that we all learn to ignore as we get older, dismissing strange feelings as just superstition or a case of gas. Maybe the evil influence wasn't attacking the daughter but was instead directed against the mother and this was the girl's only way of communicating her intuitions.

Isn't it more likely that this is just a case of a religious zealot who is hyper sensitive about anyone's spirituality/religion that differs from hers, blowing a benign situation out of proportion? If this had just been a random blog or post on a forum, instead of on a religion themed website, and she didn't have that deep religious streak, I may think there was something to it. But with this woman, she probably would have drawn the same conclusions even if it was just a case of her letting her daughter play at a little kids house who had Pokemon cards, or whose older brother or sister listened to Marilyn Manson.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Don't forget that it wasn't even a reiki practitioner that the mother was working with. She was working with a chiropractor, who herself had seen a reiki practitioner. The reiki practitioner as far as we know had no contact with the daughter. So that right there puts a little dent in the mothers logic.

For all we know, the daughter may have been reacting to a danger to the mother's spiritual welfare.

Children seem to be more sensitive to things that we all learn to ignore as we get older, dismissing strange feelings as just superstition or a case of gas. Maybe the evil influence wasn't attacking the daughter but was instead directed against the mother and this was the girl's only way of communicating her intuitions.

Isn't it more likely that this is just a case of a religious zealot who is hyper sensitive about anyone's spirituality/religion that differs from hers, blowing a benign situation out of proportion? If this had just been a random blog or post on a forum, instead of on a religion themed website, and she didn't have that deep religious streak, I may think there was something to it. But with this woman, she probably would have drawn the same conclusions even if it was just a case of her letting her daughter play at a little kids house who had Pokemon cards, or whose older brother or sister listened to Marilyn Manson.

I feel you are wrongly prejudicing this mother, if she was wiccan or belonged to some other spiritual group she may also think in the same terms - "what is the meaning of this and what has caused this to occur". Just because she is Catholic you are calling her a religious zealot?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How about "Gut" feelings? She felt like it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes she did
and
yes there are - ish

I witnessed a similar thing with my two youngest and at the same time, but rather than be fearful I filled the house with positive love energy, speaking it feeling it, hugging, encouraging it, including the house and land it's on, and it left or I resolved something inside me, or they did, you choose.
It is real

I follow no earthly and all earthly religion
edit on 29-3-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldD
I feel you are wrongly prejudicing this mother, if she was wiccan or belonged to some other spiritual group she may also think in the same terms - "what is the meaning of this and what has caused this to occur". Just because she is Catholic you are calling her a religious zealot?

Chances are, if the mother only held some kind of loose spiritual beliefs, she would have exhausted all the logical possibilities before jumping to demons/spirits. That's what really concerns me in this case. If I was truly concerned for my child, the first thing that would have popped into my mind was that my child had been experiencing abuse of some kind.

Instead, this woman immediately asked her chiropractor if she had any kind of new spiritual influences in her life. That smacks of a zealot. "Somethings wrong! Who's bringing bad spirits into my life!?"

She's not a zealot because she's Catholic. She's a zealot because she's a zealot. I know plenty of Catholics, and none of them have ever spouted off the kind of nonsense that woman has. It's unfortunate that people like her still exist. She's so deep into her own religion that anyone/anything that doesn't conform to her beliefs is evil. And anyone who doesn't believe what she believes has something wrong with them. It's very small minded. Straight from her blog:

"You've probably all had something like this happen to you: A close friend or a relative suddenly changes on a dime, their personality suddenly altered. Upon closer inquiry, you find that he/she has been seeing a psychic or having Reiki adjustments. Her faith, formerly growing and acquiring the humble trust needed for real advancement is now plagued with doubts.

Becoming visibly more prideful and prone to irritable outbursts, perhaps she even pooh-poohs spiritual realities made evident through the life of her own favorite saint, but she can't see the inconsistency. She is too "modern" to believe in such things. They are outdated notions. She can't believe you really think the way you do!"

So, to clarify, no, I'm not criticizing her because she's Catholic, but because she is not acting as a rational parent when she believes her daughter may be troubled, and because she is exploiting the situation to push her own personal beliefs.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

maybe she should look at her own house before she tries to attribute blame to her chiropractor.
seems like a ridiculous story..

edit on 29-3-2012 by TUERD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TUERD

maybe she should look at her own house before she tries to attribute blame to her chiropractor.
seems like a ridiculous story..

I bet, if she took away all the black and dark colored crayons, the problem would have gone away immediately.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I stay away from Reiki but there are some who are very drawn to this and I feel are talented at helping others. But for me, the symbols steer me off. I don't give my power away to symbols and rites. In a sense Catholics have their own symbolism too, was a Catholic for years. But healing, sending healing energy, is very important. Psi, telepaty and these gifts, including astrology is something Rome put down for control. The Judiac had the Kabbala.

But a pure heart and striving only to seek within and connect to Higher Self and Source, alone, the Highest Love and Goodness in existence, is important.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
By psi I mean our natural gifts and soul memories actually enhance when people wake up, meditate, seek within and raise frequency. This happens naturally as they see the world and seek to clean up their weaknesses, and repair relationships with others and STO.

We are called to like Buddha and Find and Become our Higher Self, bring more Love and Light and Goodness into the world, like Christ, who instructed us to go within, and to seek, and those who seek will find, and that we would do as He did and greater. The Bible is metaphor and codes. But Christ showed us the way.

If a person's heart is pure and they see Reiki as a good tool that is pure and protected by Family above and their Higher Self, I imagine it is, but its the giving your power away to these symbols that is the dangerous part. We're never to give our consciousness away, not in this and not in our religions. We should use discernment and weigh all things against a heart of love. Religions have written in their books a lot of bad things and a truly loving heart would not want to wear all the hats in there and would agree with Yeshua/Jesus when he pointed out to them who their Father really was. Love doesnt sacrifice animals, didn't ask Abraham to sacrifice his son, didn't call forth the men of Moses to slaughter over 3000 of their own families, neighbors. That is NOT God/Goodness/Love.

There are two pathways in all the religions. We're supposed to wake up and use discernment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join