It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An overreaction or good parenting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I found this interesting article about a woman who thought there was some type of spiritual disturbance with her daughter.

Her daughter had always enjoyed drawing with crayons. She usually drew bright, flowery, girlie things but, one day, mom noticed that she started drawing with an ugly, ragged, black scrawl. She noticed it lasted a few days and then went back to her normal girlie stuff after the family attended Mass on Sunday.

Killing Us Softly: Seduced by the Occult

The following Friday, when I was scheduled for another spinal adjustment, I decided to leave her home with my husband, who didn't have to be at work until later on. But even before I left the house, the black scrawl reappeared. And again, it continued until we attended Mass that weekend.

At my appointment, that morning, I pulled the massage therapist aside and asked her, "Do you have anyone new working in your office?" "No," she said. "It's still just me and my husband." I asked, "Are there any new spiritual influences in your life at the moment? Anything new that you're trying or getting involved in?"

At first she shook her head. But then she said, "Oh. I had a Reiki adjustment a couple of weeks ago..." and then she proceeded to tell me how wonderful it was, how the Reiki master had cured her of a nightly sensation of "burning feet," telling her that she had been a witch in a past life, and burned at the stake.

When she was finished talking, I very gently told this kind, sweet lady about my daughter's recent behavior. I apologized sincerely for what I was about to say, but I terminated our relationship. My daughter was too young to be prejudiced, I decided. And she was telling me something loud and clear. Something was very wrong. I never went back and the scrawl never recurred.

Patheos

Did the mother overreact or was she wise to recognize that something was affecting her daughter spiritually and end the relationship with the chiropractor?

Are there spiritual influences all around us indirectly influencing the way we think and perceive the world that only the most astute can pick up on?

edit on 3/28/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

seems unusual but if the drawing stopped and her daughter resumed normal drawing with bright colours perhaps her Parent was right?

not sure...seems weird though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes people are put into your life as energy drains... ever wonder where they got the idea for vampires?

Google "organic portal"... This Lady is very connected to her higher self... however they will put another one in positition, and may in fact be more then one... I bet a dollar she tells her daughter that her friends are not real... thus missing more organic portal connections,

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
She thinks reiki is akin to "witchcraft" and "sorcery". I feel so sad for the kid.

There's no harm in things like reiki. The mother is paranoid and closing her daughter off to future spiritual practises that go beyond her Catholicism.
edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Probably an overreaction. I personally get the distinct impression that there's more to the story than the woman is telling. But there really is no way to prove it either way.

As for people seeing psychics or getting Reiki done, I know more people that changed for the better.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Reiki is very powerful, but is aliegned with STS beings... Maybe not witches or devil worshipers, but not good

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wrong or not, the first priority is the child.
...and if the child appears to be back to normal then who the hell are we to judge?

The health of a child is much more important than wondering if someone else's feelings got hurt.
That's what's wrong with the world today, people now base their actions on feelings rather than logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab

Reiki is very powerful, but is aliegned with STS beings... Maybe not witches or devil worshipers, but not good
It uses the body's own meridians (acupuncture uses these too) and chakra to kind of correct/rebalance the energy within. No outside influences except the reiki user's own energy to "guide". lol...

Fear is what's not good.

edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
It uses the body's own meridians (acupuncture uses these too) and chakra to kind of correct/rebalance the energy within. No outside influences except the reiki user's own energy to "guide". lol...

Fear is what's not good.

edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

If that is true, why did the Reiki master in the story tell the woman she had been a witch in a past life? Is the Reiki master going outside the normal practices of adjusting the users own energy and dabbling into the occult?

Maybe that is what the little girl was picking up on.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree with AdamsMurmur here. The parent was obviously misinformed, but if they think it's helping the kid, go for it. But if this is one of those cases where the parents are religious to the point of willful ignorance, they are going to have some hard years ahead of them raising a teenage daughter. Teen idols, rebellion, boys, they can't blame everything on evil spirits.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes! But the original reasoning for aliegning was to make a connection like a channel with a higher power, the founder thought he was successful at just that... but he didn't take precations keep the channel pure and it got corrupted... and a STS being stepped in gave input to the reiki healing... this sets up every practitioner with a direct feed to an STS Being no matter how positive one might feel the experience... when you do reiki you give up your free will to these beings. This was set up by the founder, and is inforce no matter what direction reiki moves in the future. google it. knowledge protects and ignorance endangers

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Don't forget that it wasn't even a reiki practitioner that the mother was working with. She was working with a chiropractor, who herself had seen a reiki practitioner. The reiki practitioner as far as we know had no contact with the daughter. So that right there puts a little dent in the mothers logic. If we are arguing that the "drawings" (scribblings of a 14 month old) may be because of the chiropractor being "a witch in a past life" according to the reiki practitioner, then ok, I can sort of see some concern there, but that's putting a lot of faith in what the reiki guy said.

We're giving a lot of credit to a person the chiropractor probably found in the phone book. I guarantee that if you look in the phone book, or online for people in your area who do reiki, you will find at least a dozen. You'll probably also see that they claim to be hypnotists, past life regression therapists, tarot readers, mediums, pet psychics, and whatever else you can think of that yuppies like to spend their money on. The kind of person who wouldn't think twice about telling some lady she was a witch in a past life, so that she had something to go and tell her acquaintances, who may turn into customers themselves.

Blanket assumption there, I know, but my personal experience with these kinds of people tells me that's usually the case, and that the person claiming to be able to do all these things, at the most, did some kind of two day seminar or mail order program to become "certified" in whatever it is they are pushing. Many don't have the time, nor the intelligence to actually master any of those skills.

So ultimately we have a case about a religious mother who blames everything on demons, who is uncomfortable with the beliefs of her chiropractor, who believes what she is told by someone who is in all likelihood a shady telephone book psychic. I say let the little girl use whatever crayons she wants, because life is going to be tough growing up with a mother who says stuff like:

"It is time for us to pray and fast. This is spiritual war. Necromancy (contacting the dead), Tarot cards, witchcraft, Reiki (or "healing touch"), psychics, astrology, and other occult practices are all forbidden by God because He loves us and wants us to come to Him, to live in Him, and to be truly happy and at peace.

These practices are dangers, not little pleasures or wonderful secrets. They will first steal away your faith in soft, pleasant stages, then destroy your peace, and if you don't get help from the Church, will mortally wound your soul."

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have friends who are this religious, so I don't condemn her choice to keep her cub away from it..
And it could be possible that it wasn't the reiki that was the problem, but the past life of the witch was affecting the little girl. Or it could have nothing at all to do with it, considering the girl hadn't seen the (chiropractor?) the day the drawings started again.
And, personally, I doubt that going to Mass would chase away any evil spirits

Either way, the drawings have stopped, so who cares? It worked, whatever "it" was

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It shouldn't matter in my opinion. It's a parents job to raise their children. And as long as they provide a decent home and living environment for the child then it shouldn't matter to the government, or anyone else how they choose to raise them.
Even if you don't agree with how they are going about it. You wouldn't want someone else trying to tell you how to raise your kids. So we shouldn't even be debating whether this is good parenting or an over reaction. The mother is the mother...and parents should get their say.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billie828
I have friends who are this religious, so I don't condemn her choice to keep her cub away from it..
And it could be possible that it wasn't the reiki that was the problem, but the past life of the witch was affecting the little girl. Or it could have nothing at all to do with it, considering the girl hadn't seen the (chiropractor?) the day the drawings started again.
And, personally, I doubt that going to Mass would chase away any evil spirits

Either way, the drawings have stopped, so who cares? It worked, whatever "it" was

The mother spiritually belongs to the Catholic Church and realised that something was not right in the way her daughter was drawing. She looked into what she was doing as a mother that could spiritually affect her child. Which I feel is commendable of her to do this as many do not. Being a Catholic she realised that her association and treatment through the chiropractor who also had a recent Reiki adjustment may be the bases of the problems she was seeing in her daughter. It is the Catholic understanding that if a parent does something wrong that their child and grandchildren can suffer - as stated below

Exodus 34:7, Who keepest mercy unto thousands: who takest away iniquity, and wickedness, and sin, and no man of himself is innocent before thee. Who renderest the iniquity of the fathers to the children, and to the grandchildren, unto the third and fourth generation.

The Catholic philosophical thinking behind acupuncture comes from Taoism and the concept of the yin and yang, and of being at one with the forces in the universe through meditation. Some practitioners will offer silent prayers to entities other than God while the client is receiving the procedure, often unbeknown to the client. For most, acupuncture practitioners will generally work without the religious component - with this for those Christians who require treatment it does come with the benefits, but none of the spiritual risks.

Going to mass and taking the Eucharist from a Catholics point of view is very powerful spirituality wise.Through taking the Eucharist at Mass, it is understood by Catholic that all humans are tri-dimensional: we are body, soul and spirit. That means we can experience healing's in our souls and in our spirits, even if we don’t always experience healing's on the physical level.

The Eucharist will not bring forgiveness for any mortal sins may have been committed - for mortal sins to be forgiven - a Catholic will need to go to Confession. If there are no mortal sins on our soul, and have true sorrow in their heart, the Eucharist can bring them forgiveness for lesser. Bearing in mind that the mother did not have any prior knowledge or awareness that her acupuncture practitioner was receiving reiki.

edit on 29-3-2012 by DonaldD because: Typo

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hmmmm

I went through a phase as a child where I would just paint large expanses of black. Just a block of black.

My mother asked the school psychologist if this was normal and she said that it was not unusual for intelligent children to experiment with this...Phew!

However, looking at various internet sources, wiping out colour from drawings could signal periods of neurotic depression....so perhaps nothing to do with external, spiritual influences, and maybe more related to any internal pressures in the home.

Interesting one.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The mother's biggest mistake was actually tellin anyone in the medical and/or educational field about the child's darker drawing. That is the type of thing that could get her "reported" and investigated. So called authorities take the most stupid thing they can find these days to interfer with parents and their children, and to make something out of nothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My parents always moaned about me never drawing anything nice and normal.

Scary Christian mother's are scary. I don't think I've ever been so forward as to ask a paid acquaintance or anyone about what spiritual puddles they are dipping their toes into this week. And who knew chilblains had anything to do with witchery?

*scratches head*

Most Christians over here are a fairly lethargic unobtrusive bunch, so when I come here and read stories like that, and even posts on ATS for that matter, I am frankly amazed by it all.
As for the mother, well, I'd be more inclined to look for real problems closer to home other than to jump to other conclusions.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
Don't forget that it wasn't even a reiki practitioner that the mother was working with. She was working with a chiropractor, who herself had seen a reiki practitioner. The reiki practitioner as far as we know had no contact with the daughter. So that right there puts a little dent in the mothers logic.

For all we know, the daughter may have been reacting to a danger to the mother's spiritual welfare.

Children seem to be more sensitive to things that we all learn to ignore as we get older, dismissing strange feelings as just superstition or a case of gas. Maybe the evil influence wasn't attacking the daughter but was instead directed against the mother and this was the girl's only way of communicating her intuitions.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

Forbidden by a god that fears humanity getting knowledge and learning the truth?... really? that's no God I'll pray too!

edit on 29-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: from to to funny

top topics

<<   2 >>

join