It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

1/2 a BILLION dollar Lottery...What would you do with the money?

page: 7
5
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
Buy a nuclear weapon and start WW3.


Have a star for being honest.

All the false altruistic BS in this thread is vomit inducing, We all know you guys are going to spend 90% of that cash on beer, broads and blow like any normal human being. The other 10% will be spent on PR and "good deeds", just so you won't look like the T**t that you really are after winning $1/2 billion.

$500 million buys you unlimited self aggrandizement and the ability not to give sh^t about another living soul outside of your immediate family and friends (and probably not even them).




posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


True, but some people really do want to do good things. Of course that would be after the spending orgy (I hope this word doesn't offend, I couldn't think of a better or more accurate one)



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

Originally posted by Zatox
Buy a nuclear weapon and start WW3.


Have a star for being honest.

All the false altruistic BS in this thread is vomit inducing, We all know you guys are going to spend 90% of that cash on beer, broads and blow like any normal human being. The other 10% will be spent on PR and "good deeds", just so you won't look like the T**t that you really are after winning $1/2 billion.

$500 million buys you unlimited self aggrandizement and the ability not to give sh^t about another living soul outside of your immediate family and friends (and probably not even them).


C'mon... what about me... I said I'd go all Hitler and crap... which with that kind of money there's a really good chance I would so I didn't even try to put on a straight face and say I'd "feed the starving"... unless it was to the wolves...



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


lol I love me some parrots sir. In all seriousness though, the idea is to be as isolated from the source of my problems (ie. PEOPLE lol) as humanly possible. What better way than in the middle of the ocean. Come to think of it though, all I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by HARRRRRRRRR. lol meh if only. I honestly think I was born in the wrong damn century in the wrong damn country lol.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by calnorak
reply to post by rangersdad
 


You mean to the sun? Sounds good, however good luck getting them in. Slimy creatures tend to survive


I dont want to be accused of poisoning the sun with them....
Better let them die in the cold of space. Let the rockets burn out as they exit the Milky Way.....


That doesn't always work... Khan came back and so did some of those cryogenic pod people







I rather liked Khan as a villain though








PS. Just thought of something - if a lot of the slimy people you are trying to get rid of are actually reptilians, don't they hibernate when it gets too cold? You need to get rid of the slimy "people" permanently - Maybe a flame thrower?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
Have a star for being honest.

All the false altruistic BS in this thread is vomit inducing, We all know you guys are going to spend 90% of that cash on beer, broads and blow like any normal human being. The other 10% will be spent on PR and "good deeds", just so you won't look like the T**t that you really are after winning $1/2 billion.


It's pretty hard to spend $450 million on vices. Heck, you could keep yourself in a perpetual state of debauchery for the rest of your life for, well, I'm guessing $10 or $20 million. That would give you a lot of other money to spend on other things.

And believe it or not the world is full of people who want to help other people...even if you aren't one of them. Doing something meaningful for humanity injects meaning into people's lives.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just heard a "talking head" on radio state the odds of winning.

Lets just say you have a 500 times more likely to be struck by lightning - today- than winning tonite.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by calnorak
reply to post by rangersdad
 


You mean to the sun? Sounds good, however good luck getting them in. Slimy creatures tend to survive


I dont want to be accused of poisoning the sun with them....
Better let them die in the cold of space. Let the rockets burn out as they exit the Milky Way.....


That doesn't always work... Khan came back and so did some of those cryogenic pod people







I rather liked Khan as a villain though








PS. Just thought of something - if a lot of the slimy people you are trying to get rid of are actually reptilians, don't they hibernate when it gets too cold? You need to get rid of the slimy "people" permanently - Maybe a flame thrower?



How about a temperature controlled nuke? It only goes off in the cold of space after traveling so many miles????



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist
 


I hear what you are saying and I almost hate to bust your bubble.

But, debauchery doesn't really cost all that much.

Just find a few dozen willing participants and some "refreshments and party favors".

If you do it right; life won't last all that long.
edit on 30-3-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan
 

OK,
The mega jackpot is now $640,000,000! I would love to win of course, who wouldnt? But I wonder what would happen if it ROLLED over again??? Imagine it going to one billion plus!!!




posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Talltexxxan
 


i would buy 400 million dollars of stock at a low cost. My purchase would boom the price of that stock, and I would immediately sell.. Doubling my money. I would then try and purchase the winner of the 2012 presidential election. I hear its not that hard to vote for the winner that way. And thats all I want, is to vote for the one whos going to win.


good luck, you're going up against people with trillions of dollars.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i see a lot of selfishness in this thread. do some of you even care about humanity?

well uh yea uh i would donate to charity uh yea... whatever helps you sleep at night.

there's much more you could do with winning this sum of money.

i really hope this money goes to someone that is going to work towards doing something good for humanity not some random person that is going to buy a bunch of material possessions and donate a fraction to charity to make them feel good inside.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Still not enough to buy walmart and dismantle it.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My Grandma gave me $75 for my birthday today.

I spent all $75 on lotto tickets since I have nothing to lose anyway.

If I win, I will take care of my friends and family first.

Then very shortly, there will be a fully restored 1967 Shelby Cobra GT 500 roaring in my neighborhood.

Start a car restoration business, donate to SPCA, give to the homeless. Only the ones with a sign that says "Why lie? I need a beer."




posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Buy an island, start my own country......
And feed dem less fortunate folks



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur
 

I would give 200 million away to legit charities and with the balance, buy a nice home (nothing fancy) in the US and UK and live there. 300million is enough to last me my lifetime but I would never give it all away. Nobody gave me anything but I will leave the balance to the same charities when its time to go. Would love to indulge myself with sporty cars but its too low slung and physically challenging to me now so I'll probably jet around and enjoy good food. In the US, I would like to try the truck stop/diner steak. I always see these in movies. Its so American and iconic so it is a " must try " for me if I ever get the chance to do so. It may just be a dream but then dreams don't harm anyone ...right.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
i see a lot of selfishness in this thread. do some of you even care about humanity?

well uh yea uh i would donate to charity uh yea... whatever helps you sleep at night.

there's much more you could do with winning this sum of money.

i really hope this money goes to someone that is going to work towards doing something good for humanity not some random person that is going to buy a bunch of material possessions and donate a fraction to charity to make them feel good inside.


Nope - I don't really care about humans that much. I do feel sorry for all the animals that are loosing their habitat and lives due to human greed and stupidity. If I had enough money I would buy huge tracts of land (whole countries/ parts of continents) and shoot anyone who though it would be a good idea to hunt there, burn down forests or dump oil there. Unfortunately that is just not going to happen.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would definitely invest my money after i help my immediate family and friends. I'm not one to need much of any such materials, but i would pay off my car and buy my wife the house of her dreams. I would then build a bunker underneath the house to store food, water, and supplies...you never know. And i would take my wife and son traveling across the world. The good life.



posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad
 





posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad
 

I need that kind of money in my life ASAP I would leave the life I never had the happiness I never had



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join