It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/2 a BILLION dollar Lottery...What would you do with the money?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Pretty much what I already do: Post on the internets a lot and hang out with my gf and my dog.

lol. As a fellow internet addict, I can relate.

Only if I had half a billion I would do it in style. I'd have a huge football-stadium-sized screen running all my favorite BBSs, forums, and messageboards 24-7. I would sit across from it on a solid gold throne encrusted with rubies and emeralds. When I wanted to post on a messageboard, I would utter my post and one of my servants would engrave my words in huge slabs of marble and send them down a kind of assembly line where they would be posted on the internet by other servants. Then the marble slabs could be preserved in a kind of museum-like archive for all eternity.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday

Originally posted by silent thunder

Pretty much what I already do: Post on the internets a lot and hang out with my gf and my dog.

lol. As a fellow internet addict, I can relate.

Only if I had half a billion I would do it in style. I'd have a huge football-stadium-sized screen running all my favorite BBSs, forums, and messageboards 24-7. I would sit across from it on a solid gold throne encrusted with rubies and emeralds. When I wanted to post on a messageboard, I would utter my post and one of my servants would engrave my words in huge slabs of marble and send them down a kind of assembly line where they would be posted on the internet by other servants. Then the marble slabs could be preserved in a kind of museum-like archive for all eternity.

Its good to know that money wouldnt change you
and you would stay humble.

you forgot about creating an internet emoticon in your likeness.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree, I would get this ginormous tv

www.gizmag.com...

at 152 inches, think of skyrim or some other awesome games :drool:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would definately be getting one of these with my winnings.

The 3 million dollar www.marchi-mobile.com...

And one of these to tow behind it.

2012 Dodge Challenger srt8® www.dodge.com...

Then I would travel to nevada and get me some of these.

Then do a lot of this

I would also donate heavily to Michigan families in need.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Then I would travel to nevada and get me some of these.

I would also donate heavily to Michigan families in need.

Excuse me, how did you get that picture of my wife?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

AHH, you poor thang!

Don't know the difference in a TV and a billboard.

Come to think of it, I know where ther is a billboard I'd like to buy.

It's made from LEDs and shows a full size Ford 250 truck. Wish I had a pic I could load.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

That can't be your wife.

She looks too much like my daughter !!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I think that vehicle is ugly on the outside. I like those things in Vegas

I honestly would splurge a few million and then after the spending orgy, philanthropize.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Launch a satellite for earthquake detection studies. They are few and far between and we need more of them. Create networks of seismograph stations where they are most needed and ensure that all data was public.

Buy my son a helicopter - Eurocopter since he has a licence for one of them.

Buy a ship and move on to it lock stock and smoking barrel. Not some fancy yacht but decent sea going ship with VAWT power in addition to the normal turbines.

If there was anything left over launch a comms satellite for Internet, encrypted.

My partner wants to invest in a few hit men, quite a few actually. She can think of some people she would like to remove from this world. Actually her plans might make a BIG dent in the dosh!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would without a doubt give the majority of it away to help the poorest people of the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I cant play it unfortunately BUT it doesnt stop me from dreaming ....

House built on the Isle of Skye, another in the Languedoc Roussillon region of France and a base here in the west of Scotland, travel extensively, make sure that my daughter and my brother are well taken care of, that my father in law receives the best medical treatment and care for his Alzheimers, make sure that I give myself and my partner enough to live on comfortably and then give the rest to charity!

Can you tell I've thought about winning the lottery often?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ficargul
I cant play it unfortunately BUT it doesnt stop me from dreaming ....

House built on the Isle of Skye, another in the Languedoc Roussillon region of France and a base here in the west of Scotland, travel extensively, make sure that my daughter and my brother are well taken care of, that my father in law receives the best medical treatment and care for his Alzheimers, make sure that I give myself and my partner enough to live on comfortably and then give the rest to charity!

Can you tell I've thought about winning the lottery often?

Even if you cant play, its nice to think about what you would do with it.
remember,......happy thoughts

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
1) Buy a hollowed out volcano and build a lair,
2) Buy a hairless cat.
3) Hire some henchmen,
4) Shave my nuts.
5) Plot world domination.

I joke of course....

Hairless cats creep me out... I'll probably get a Chihuahua

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Ill get a schnauzer and call him Professor Von Schnauzer and plot my save the animal exploits mwahahah (oh wait, that isn't ebil
)

I couldn't keep it if I tried, its bad enough on my small income that I want to spend like a sober politician.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't want the money. I wouldn't know what to do with it. I'd probably just pay off all my family's and friend's debts, then give the rest away to whoever needed it. I'd of course go anonymous about the whole thing, though.

Meh.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Give 99% of it away.
edit on 28/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: bleh

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would run as President against Obama.
Promising everyone who voted for me $10,000 cash.

Of course I would never pay out because most all politicians lie anyways.

If somebody sued me, They would disappear faster than Obama's documents.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would use the money to settle all of my family's debts, raise their standard of living to match the quality of their lives, and finally take what's left over and use it to fund research for the benefit of mankind.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would start a research and developement company, and hire the smartest scientists in the World, to research cures for diseases I would want to be remember as the Man, who was responsible for being the catalyst that equipts some scientist out their with the technological research equipment to find a cure for a virus, like hiv aids, I would hire some rocket scientist to get us the hell off of this planet, I would research magnetic propulsion, I would Do everything in my capability skills, the best minds, and all the best technology I could buy to try to make contact with other intelligent life. Hmm maybe build a house, defiantly build a bunker, Maybe build a underground base under the ocean somewhere..

I would be soaring with the Eagles for sure..

I would do whatever I could to do to make life better...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As a screenwriter I would skirt Hollywood and produce my own films, then use some to kickstart a "new" Hollywood, one that wasn't based on corporate gain and lazy art, and focus on new talent and old forgotten talent as well. Enough of this flavor of the month bull$h!t.

I'd also spend a few million to give underprivileged kids the chance to see the world, to broaden their horizons, and show them the world isn't as small as their tiny towns or urban neighborhoods.

IMHO there are too many forgotten people in the world, too much rich catering to the rich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join