It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese General Want to Invade Somalia? Wha!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It appears China's generals have gotten a taste of being a superpower and now want to get into some wars to prove it. Chinese generals want to take the fight to Somali pirates and go ashore to attack pirate nests. Didn't he see Black Hawk Down?

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I just hope its for the help of the people there and not for power or poilitcal gain to only control the region. The entire continent needs help from various parts of EA*RTH, but not just for political control of minerals ect. leaving the people poor and lost STILL.. So if the efforts are for the good I hope they are safe.

edit on 3/28/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The US Won't let them
Line2

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is amazing how the UN has a solution for everything so that least people get affected,on the other hand they let thousands of die.
This is the world that we live in unfortantly.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They'd take care of the problem real quick. They wouldn't care about hurting anyone's feelings or playing nice, cause them problems and you wont be alive much longer. Unlike the US

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yea China have been advancing quietly into Africa for years now, I think it means 3 things:

They want what ever resources they can from there, they're sending a message out to the rest of the world that they're not sitting idle over there, and finally, some ones gunna kick some somaly ass!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yeah, I'm sure that i watched a documentry about chinese workers in africa.Smells fishy to me.
But it is all done to cut costs.I assume India will start to do so next.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They don't want to invade Somalia... What they are pushing for is to be allowed to go into coastal regions and fight the pirates in their camps. A tactic very similar to what the EU has just agreed on.

The European Union has agreed to expand its mission against Somali pirates by allowing military forces to attack land targets as well as those at sea
Source:www.bbc.co.uk...

Why is it we hear nothing about the new EU push to crush the pirates, but when China declares the same thing they are accused of preparing an invasion
?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
The US Won't let them
Line2

America won't do a thing about it if the Chinese decide to take Somalia.
I think you're not paying attention to how the global game works.

Of course if they were smart, they'd not follow our lead and bankrupt their nation
with endless wars for ambiguous notions.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Meanwhile...in other news....
China still claims they will never use it's Armies in aggression on the lands of foreign Nations.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think that maybe some international effort that aims to improve conditions in Somalia so that young men don't have to turn to a life of piracy and violence would be a more optimal solution. But I don't think we'll see that for a long time

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

The general would put the lives of Chinese workers in Africa in danger. As Somalia is a Muslim country, Muslim terror groups would single out the workers for revenge killings even though they may be in other parts of Africa. Its easier said than done when it comes to Somalia. One TV crew member from my country was killed during the fasting month(Ramadan) of 2011 in Somalia while the team was on their way back after distributing food aid and providing health care. The team never went back because they thank you for helping them by killing you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh yes please,absolutely, let them do that,They will attempt to swarm attack Somalia,step on Islamic toes and then you have a bad guy fight to watch.Again in all ways ,the stupid loss of human life is regrettable but now the world would see a difference in Satans,possibly noting China is worse.
These Mao power boys are always talking up a good fight.I don't see the govt letting these dogs off the leash.US-UN have no say if they actually should choose to do so ,however.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
On behalf of Somalia We welcome our chinese overlords! Yeah right. China has some good intentions on the surface. I wonder how long that would last before the Communist in them decides to permantly take over the area? Sure the chinese know how to crush a rebellion. Take the families hostage and or kill them if there is any terrorism. The chinese would not have no compunction about shooting or killing a non chinese citizen and or pirate or warlord. They would outlaw religion as well and the ones who would protest would be dead in short order.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the Roman Empire (and the British Empire in the 1600s through the 1800s) had the right idea on how to deal with pirates. Summary execution at sea, and burning their land bases to bare turf. Eventually, the pirates will either be extinct, or find other ways to make a living.

top topics

join