It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon wants more money for Israel's Iron Dome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon will press Congress for more money for Israel's Iron Dome system designed to intercept short-range rockets and mortars, a boost for Israel as the Obama administration tries to dissuade the Mideast ally from launching a potential unilateral strike on Iran.

Link

Why all this money for a foreign state ? While the economic situation is precarious domestically...

edit on 27-3-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
F Isreal, time for their TPTB to be gone!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If there is anything Dems and pubs can agree on it's Israel, so this will probably be granted under "national defense" or something like that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Israel is a launch pad for Western Allies in the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Without much media attention, thousands of American troops are being deployed to Israel, and Iranian officials believe that this is the latest and most blatant warning that the US will soon be attacking Tehran.
Source

That comes from an RT story about U.S. deployment to Israel back in Jan. I'm just guessing here, but I'd say Israel's system fills a gap we can't fill for our own defense and we're going to have U.S. troops under that defense shield in places around Israel, if we don't already have them there now.

Enlightened Self Interest is what I'd call the aid for the system.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Israel is lucky they are a US asset.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Last I checked the mobile Phalanx gun system does just fine.

Phalanx gun may be best defense against Hamas rockets Read more: www.upi.com...< br />

www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yea, about that how many trillions of dollars in debt we have? Oh wait, we can just print more...or sell more tungsten filled gold bars to china lol..then we can give any foreign country as much monies as they want. Gotta love our fairytale monetary systems, where everything is imaginary and make~believe.
edit on 27-3-2012 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Yea, about that how many trillionr of dollars in debt we have? oh wait, we can just print more...or sell more tungsten filled gold bars to china lol..

Iran is the insurance for both Israel and US.

Iran invasion = $$

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
They can use their own money!! Israel is the greatest enemy of the USA ever and they are spying on us, starting covert wars for their own benefit and are trying to drag the USA into more wars. I hope someone at Missile command wakes up and nukes Israel.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Phalanx gun cannot engage targets moving above a certain velocity or angle of attack. The CBG system has multiple multiple limitations that the Iranian freedom fighters can exploit.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I hope someone at Missile command wakes up and nukes Israel.

Angry, are we?

So much for being objective. Remind me to laugh at your face the next time you complain about someone wishing Iran to be nuked.
edit on 28-3-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What a horrible thing to say. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Embracing your inner terrorist? Those weapons should have never been invented. Millions dead in a flash of light, if you want to see what evil looks like see what happens after the mushroom cloud is gone.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dont let your concern for America dampen your Jewish patriotism there Prof!
Gotta keep the ol iron dome tight over Isreal, or the Illuminatti wont be able to make Jerusalem their world capital......
We are bound by far more than just principals to Ysreal....
Theres a whole lot of dual citizens working tirelessly to drive this beast to war............

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Embracing your inner terrorist?

No its called being American and being able to nuke people on command.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What a horrible thing to say. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Embracing your inner terrorist? Those weapons should have never been invented. Millions dead in a flash of light, if you want to see what evil looks like see what happens after the mushroom cloud is gone.

I agree with you entirely. MY only personal loyalty when all is said and done and the day is over is to the United States. No one else..and sure not Israel. Nothing personal to them, but I just don't have allegiance to more than one nation or flag.

Having said that, the deep, raw and just flat out ugly HATE for Israel and all things Israeli by so many on here is something I'm not sure how to classify. Is it ugly and pathetic? Sad an disturbing? Or just the product of pure ignorance of the world and very narrow thought process?

I'm not sure myself.... but Like you note in your comments, it IS a horrible thing to keep seeing and hearing. Hate is such an ugly thing for SO many to be carrying and against a nation I'm about 99% sure almost no one who is yelling has even seen or been to personally.

Such a powerful enotion for people to cling to on a topic where nearly 100% of the information comes through the television or 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand from people who weren't personally there to describe something either.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm sure USA is benefiting from this, optimising new defence technology and exploiting Israel's unique position where it gets randomly attacked from terrorists in Gaza.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure myself.... but Like you note in your comments, it IS a horrible thing to keep seeing and hearing. Hate is such an ugly thing for SO many to be carrying and against a nation I'm about 99% sure almost no one who is yelling has even seen or been to personally.

Part of the problem lies in judging the jews, not the Israeli's as a whole. The world blames the jews for all of it's problems and theyre blaming them all for what a small percentage of them have done. What it is brewing up to is another Holocaust and this next one will make Hitler look like a Saint. This goes way beyond "anti-semitism". Everyone automatically leaps to using weapons to solve problems, and the shedding of blood instead of compromise, and it's nothing really to do with the jews per se, but of the state of Israel itself which the muslim community hates more than anything in this world.

There is suppression and oppression going around on both sides. The muslim refuse to allow the jews to rebuild their temple when it is proven the temples existed. The jews gave the palestinians Gaza and they ruined land that had been green and fertile and could grow crops.

Yes the Israeli's took the West Bank, because Hamas was shelling them with rockets and people were dying. Everything the Israeli's have done was reaction to an action and sometimes they may have over reacted and it happens. There is always 2 sides to a story, just like 2 sides of a coin. I'm willing to bet the jews would trade quite alot if they were allowed to rebuild their temple and the muslim have the kaa'ba as their sacred holy site.

There can be a solution here, the problem is one or more parties is not willing to accept the terms, they want it all their way or not at all and diplomats cannot work with that. Compromise must take place before a solution can be made.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Its a good system, but does have it limitations. Including range and the fact that what goes up, must come down.

Somewhere.

eventually.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
No its called being American and being able to nuke people on command.

No, it's called being an arse and hoping people get nuked.
Nuking people on command? Your command I suppsoe? LOL! Keep typing your BS at ATS boy that is the only thing your drivel will ever amount to.

Even I, as an Israeli who sees the Iranian leadership as nothing less than enemies, don't wish for the nuking of Iran or any civilian's death. I may even be called for duty if a major scale war starts and put my life on the line, and I still don't want any nukes flying on innocent Iranians.

new topics

top topics

join