It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idiot, World Revolution!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Greendays new album "American Idiot" is being called a punk rock opera and the single best album of the last ten years in the world of Rock, Punk, Punk Rock whatever you want to call it. Greenday have deffantly matured evidence is Jesus Of Suburbia which last a staggering nine minutes and eight seconds and is split into five diffrant segmants the theam of course is jesus of suburbia, the first segmant jesus of suburbia II city of the damned III I dont care IV dearly beloved V Tales of another broken home but thats not the only Nine minute master piece on the album Homecoming. It is also in five segmants.

The band has changed alot but still stays true to there three chord punk rock beginins with St. Jimmy and Shes a rebel but bring some new and intresting tracks like Boulavard of broken dreams, Extradanary Girl and well pretty much all the tracks on there. As well as some amthemic classics like When September Ends and of course there first single American Idiot and another new thing its very politicly minded which i dont thing Greenday have done before.

So if you havn't got it buy it and if you have do you agree with all of the above and does anyone no who St Jimmy or Jesus of suburbia are.

To Greenday

PS.
Anyone no what a Greenday is well Greeanday means wasteing your day smokeing exotic stuff.

[Edited on 23-9-2004 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i was thinking about getting their new album, i've heard some of their new songs and they sound good

American Idiot is going to be a punk rock classic

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So your a Greenday fan. There a great whats your favroite song of theres and if you do get American Idiot tell me what you think. American idiot is going to be a punk rock classis
indeed.

[Edited on 24-9-2004 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Minority is am fav song

i was planning to order the new Album this weekend

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Minority is a good song. Well written best verse is in my opinion is the 3rd or 2nd. The one that starts light one mind shining in the dark blinded by the silence of a thousend broken hearts that verse.

Half the track on American Idiot is a genre of its own. Maybe we should call there new genre American Idiot in a tribute to the album.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sheesh, when I was younger I was such a Green Day head. Somehow though, over time I just stopped listening to them I guess... But I just listened to American Idiot to see if it lived up to the hype... Wow. I like it, and I really didn't think I would. I thought It would be repetitive, but it's a whole new direction for them.. And the lyrics, I think they're the best Billy's ever written. All five parts of 'Jesus of Suburbia' seem to be on repeat in my head, hehe...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Indeed it is a great album.

Having thought about it could St. Jimmy be Jimmy Carter both have died and both were surposedly against Bush.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hated it, definately not the best PunkRock album of the last 10 years. Id have to say that goes to The War on Errorism by NOFX (IMHO), which I cant put down.

[Edited on 26-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am going to get the war on errorism and yes i do like it but lyricly American Idiot is outstanding it has really deep (Meaningful) lyrics. So does TWOE but i think that weather or not you enjoyed the album you cannot say that it is not a musicaly great album. I dont really like the Rolling Stones but there is no way i can say and belive that The Stones are crap and are less talented than Britney Spears. Well so far your the only person i have heard that didnt like it so that isn't bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
well for those of you in th uk HMV has a sale on I just bought my self 2 more green day albums Yayyy lol go now and get buying music.

[Edited on 27/9/2004 by SE7EN]

[Edited on 27/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Green Day arent my cup of tea, i heard abit of 1 of their songs and i have to say i didnt like it i cant remeber the name of the song.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Green Day arent my cup of tea, i heard abit of 1 of their songs and i have to say i didnt like it i cant remeber the name of the song.

So why didn't you like the song. Is there a reason or was it just not to your taste.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I downloaded it cuase a friend bugged me to, and I have two questions.

1. Is it supposed to be censored?

2. Are they serious?

No offense, but they seem like Weird Al meet punk. Its humorous punk. Its not the rebel punk of the Ramones, or the angry punk of the Sex Pistols its just funny.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just not me style thats all, i heard it cos AnalCvnt were making fun of them on their album i like Anal Cvnt.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I havent heard it, but if its anything like Warning, i'm not even going to bother, coz the Warning album was a joke that was told badly... Nimrod wasnt too much better...

If they can get themselves back to the levels they were at when they release Dookie, then I will give them royalties for the album... untill then i wont even waste my valuable download space on them.

Sorry to sound so negative but Greenday havent been a decent punk band since Dookie, Nimrod was bad but every band has a bad album, Warning was just the final stab in the heart that, in my opinion, was pretty much their sell out album...

If you political punk, check out NOFX or Pennywise or Bad Religion... or even the Sex Pistols, The Ramones or the clash (if you wanna go old school)...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

If you political punk, check out NOFX or Pennywise or Bad Religion... or even the Sex Pistols, The Ramones or the clash (if you wanna go old school)...

I suppose 1 could add Napalm Death to that category but i actually wouldnt say political punk maybe political heavy grunge.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I havent heard it, but if its anything like Warning, i'm not even going to bother, coz the Warning album was a joke that was told badly... Nimrod wasnt too much better...

If they can get themselves back to the levels they were at when they release Dookie, then I will give them royalties for the album... untill then i wont even waste my valuable download space on them.

Sorry to sound so negative but Greenday havent been a decent punk band since Dookie, Nimrod was bad but every band has a bad album, Warning was just the final stab in the heart that, in my opinion, was pretty much their sell out album...

Seel out warning bad valuble download space. I guess you made really bad type o because when you read your post it makes it sound like there a bad band and im sure you dont mean that. Must of just got the words mixed up.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i finally got a copy from my friend.....

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is proberly my favourite track even though it not the typical Green Day style music

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
i finally got a copy from my friend.....

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is proberly my favourite track even though it not the typical Green Day style music

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

Thats a great track my favourite tracks are St. Jimmy, Jesus Of Suburbia, Boulevard of broken dreams, Homecoming and letter bomb i love all the others there just my favourite. My least favourite is We are the waiting the chorus is abit corning "Are we. we are are we. we are the waiting. Best lyircs have to be on Homecoming Tre Cool's song "I got a rock n roll life i got a rock n roll house got a rock n roll girlfriend and another ex wife". So UK wizard who do you think Jesus of Suburbia and St. Jimmy are speclation welcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
After reading an interview with BJ Armstrong i finally worked out that St.Jimmy and the jesus of suburbia are ficton carecters not real peoplei had been quite blind and not noticed the albums story line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join