It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Over The Himalayas, Filmed From Plane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

No, but when faced with a video claiming an amazing UFO is on film, like any half-brained person I am going to consider all of the things that surround it. Where the claim came from, who is making the claim, history of the person making the claim, past things the claimant has done that cast doubt or adds to their credibility....

Dozen or so things to look at before I even have to waste my time looking at the video quality to pick it apart (which again, a noob poster around here should be able to spot and tear apart this utter tripe with little thought.

It just so happens, by take a glance at everything but the video, one can easily dismiss this as some youtubesupster trash and go on their lives without wasting any time with the actual video.

I feel sorry for people who fall for this stuff, I often wonder if they fall for infomercials and everything else most normal people have the common sense, reason and logic to defend themselves from.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Found this interesting clip on YouTube of a UFO supposedly flying over the Himalayas. Seems very interesting. Experts please take a look at this and provide critique and comments.

My first thought was a large bird ... a condore maybe (I believe they are found in the Himalayan area) ... I can see how watching the vid people may think it's a UFO but there are little traits that show it is not ... I'm also pretty sure the person taking the vid would have had a good enough perspective of the object to see it was a bird so I'm inclined to think the vid capturer was trying to fool us vid viewers

Woody

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You think its a bird??

Fair enough its probably not a alien ship, but I really dont know where you get a bird from!!!??

Its perfectly round for one thing and has no wings

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
You think its a bird??

Fair enough its probably not a alien ship, but I really dont know where you get a bird from!!!??

you have to watch it full screen at HD or on a HDTV.....
you can sort of see the shape change as an indication of flapping wings....

airports are notorious for having bird problems (reg birds and geese)...many hire people with falcons to chase the birds off.....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No one of you have asked the bleeding obvious & most important question: 'did anyone else on the plane see it'

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX
No one of you have asked the bleeding obvious & most important question: 'did anyone else on the plane see it'

That question doesn't matter unless they too took video and can prove they were on the same flight. Chances of that happening is slim. There are a lot of videos with this point of view, someone filming a UFO from their window seat on a plane but you don't see multiple videos of the same event from the same plane. Another interesting observation about these POV UFO shots from the plane, the camera man seems to always be sitting on or near the wing of the plane.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's a really interesting video. It just goes to show if it is really anything is possible and it is happening...
like it or not.
It looks real to me. I have a degree in photography and cinema. I would like to think that video would be hard to fake. Hopefully people have morals and have better things to do with their time.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
You think its a bird??

Just offering an opinion sweetie no need for the attitude ... kind of makes you look like a nit-picker

It may well not be a bird but I don't think my suggestion will kill anyone

Watch it again and this time think 'bird in flight' it really isn't too big a stretch if you follow this exercise by watching some footage of birds in flight (at distance) ... it's only perfectly round because of the angle at which the footage is taken and your brains perception of what it thinks it's seeing ... simple psychology and optical illusion.

Woody

edit on 27-3-2012 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi all

So I don't work in video edition or CGI but I do use a lot of 3D softwares on a daily basis to create objects and do realistic rendering. For the rendering I use softwares as Bunkspeed Shot, Luxion Keyshot, or Cinema 4D... depending of the complexitiy of the object and if it is animated or not.
So basically I'm saying I see a lot of CGI on a daily basis.
My gut feeling is that it's CGI.
You can nearly always feel it with experience. Something is slightly off in the lights (emitting source is either displaced or emitting different color than natural environement), or the exportation of the sequence is too poor.
Here I would say that there are a few different layers used in this scene. At least one for the cloud/fog effect, one for the window (the window is not a window but a layer created from scratch...
Basically the layers are not well managed and they don't match.
Anyway, it's pretty obvious to me... but... some people just want to believe anything.

peace

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Weather Balloon..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Your skills are noted...
Make sure you jump on the UFO threads..
and deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Come on Swills, be serious for a minute-- if what we are seeing in this footage was REALLY actually there, darting around in the sky; do you honestly believe the person filming it would not be shouting to others to look if he felt he was the only one observing this amazing event!? Apart from it looking like CGI IMO, the other (what I call the bleeding obvious) factors like this seals it for me! Yet another so called amazing piece of footage that will be forgotten no doubt.....

Peace.

dej...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'd imagine it's an Andrew Kramer Video Copilot tutorial.

There has been a bunch of these showing up in the last little while; was released in the last few days and has been showing in show reel material from the usual kids. Link is here: www.videocopilot.net...

There are a number of issues with the shot, but based on the available evidence I don't believe it's worth elaborating.

A lot of the Kramer stuff does the rounds, but it lacks the polish of production level work. It's not that Kramer is terrible (does stuff for things like CSI) it's just that the tutorials are generally designed to only take an hourish max and generally seem to avoid getting too in depth or crazy.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by tetsuo

No, but when faced with a video claiming an amazing UFO is on film, like any half-brained person I am going to consider all of the things that surround it. Where the claim came from, who is making the claim, history of the person making the claim, past things the claimant has done that cast doubt or adds to their credibility....

Dozen or so things to look at before I even have to waste my time looking at the video quality to pick it apart (which again, a noob poster around here should be able to spot and tear apart this utter tripe with little thought.

It just so happens, by take a glance at everything but the video, one can easily dismiss this as some youtubesupster trash and go on their lives without wasting any time with the actual video.

I feel sorry for people who fall for this stuff, I often wonder if they fall for infomercials and everything else most normal people have the common sense, reason and logic to defend themselves from.

I understand and totally agree. There is nothing about this video that really supports it as a real video or even an honest posting of a video (I don't mean the user that posted it on ATS, but the original uploader, xxxdonutzxxx, who has posted tons of crappy crappy fakes). I meant to say by my post that just because it has advertisements on it, doesn't mean it isn't legitimate. Unfortunately smart and good-spirited people in the world produce great things which are then stolen and advertised by people are also smart but other-spirited.

With no context, I don't think ads on this video would really indicate anything about its quality. But because there are some issues with the video (that question its legitimacy), because of the other videos the user has posted, etc, yeah, the ads are the icing on the fake-cake.

Originally posted by Logiciel
Hi all

So I don't work in video edition or CGI but I do use a lot of 3D softwares on a daily basis to create objects and do realistic rendering. For the rendering I use softwares as Bunkspeed Shot, Luxion Keyshot, or Cinema 4D... depending of the complexitiy of the object and if it is animated or not.
So basically I'm saying I see a lot of CGI on a daily basis.
My gut feeling is that it's CGI.
You can nearly always feel it with experience. Something is slightly off in the lights (emitting source is either displaced or emitting different color than natural environement), or the exportation of the sequence is too poor.
Here I would say that there are a few different layers used in this scene. At least one for the cloud/fog effect, one for the window (the window is not a window but a layer created from scratch...
Basically the layers are not well managed and they don't match.
Anyway, it's pretty obvious to me... but... some people just want to believe anything.

peace

Pretty much what I was thinking. Let me preface my next statement with the caveat that I am talking directly out of my ass here: The shake seems too random. The human arms don't randomly shake in all directions with equal probability, they are tethered to the body and have joints with finite ranges of motion. The camera shake is probably the fakest part of this video in my opinion. That or the blending.lighting of the UFO. Also the UFO's scale doesn't seem to change correctly, as if the distances were not well mapped.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If it is a UFO then who ever is flying that thing is DRUNK, it wobbles too much. I don't think is "shape shifting" either, I think is a bad CGI in action!

Plus, you would think others beside him would be commenting on it but all you hear is him whispering to himself! If I saw one sitting on a plane, I will make sure everyone sees it too as to not be the ONLY ONE with such claims!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
This isn't even a good faking job. Although it is in a little better focus than some of his other videos. No one see's this many UFO's. And I am siding with GEL on this one too....who puts ads on UFO video's? Unless they created them themselves and are just looking for profit?

I'm not sure how many sitings he'd had, but my family has had many sitings of ufo's and some in childhood. And I suspect that would be most people who start to wake up. Disclosure is one by one.

As for this craft, don't know what it is, it looked from underneath, wobbled in a strange way, though the angling off sharply was OK, but they usually disappear, otherwise that movement is usually faster.

I'll check out his other videos.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don't believe his videos, day time sitings are very very rare. And saucers may angle off sharply and streak away but they usually vanish and they don't wobble like that, thats like a frisbee or something tossed in the wind.

In another video he puts up, at night time to that one, of a triangle, we had night time sitings of those very low over our roof, but they weren't like a mirror. And how does he get all those black and white films when most people have color digital?

The most authentic ufo videos are night time and they look like orbs as they're always covered by lights. The only way you can see whats under them is if they fly really low over your roof but we saw a few.

Also these aren't his videos he collects them he says and thinks he owns them.

If you are able to video or photo your sightings, and you'd have to be a serious ufology buff, as they don't give you time usually, however most ufo sightings would be like these ones, night time and lights covering the craft.

These are what real ones are like, the kinds that the choppers show up to chase, which we've witnessed. My son called me out for that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Similar Colored Lights UFO's Vernon and Summerland BC

These are not mine. I don't have camera's glued to my hands when I go out. But they are close to where I grew up.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here are some authentic videos for comparison:

ECETI Infrared UFO's and Orbs

Huge UFO

Captured on modded infrared trv 310e camcorder
This object was traveling north. It's no way a Chinese lantern as I see these frequently and are pretty obvious. This was glowing white and traveling very slow.

This is what I want to do, Mod older cameras.

infrared-aerial-phenomena-research.blogspot.ca...

If you did capture a saucer at night, you'd be capturing something that most likely looked like this:

UFO Red Orb Plasma - North Miami Fl./Nov.01,2011

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join