It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Over The Himalayas, Filmed From Plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Found this interesting clip on YouTube of a UFO supposedly flying over the Himalayas. Seems very interesting. Experts please take a look at this and provide critique and comments.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
hmmmm.

That was interesting.

Waiting to see what ATSers have to say.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
it looks weird, I'm gonna have to say CGI, something about it doesn't feel real.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I like it!
But my gut says CGI hoax...
I look forward to reading what folks, who know what they're talking about, have to say.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The whole video looks kinda CGI'd, but I dunno. In all the videos I've seen there's never been a disc that behaved like that. Same line of thought, I've never seen a real video of a disc that close and clear..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It is the most convincing of his very numerous UFO videos, most of which are distinctly unconvincing. The manner in which he presents them, one or two every day, kinda blows his cover in my mind. Also most of them are obvious fakes, using a photo(s), camera shake, audio samples, and adding in some (crappy) CGI to create a UFO video.

If you start at xxxdonutzxxx's earliest video and watch them in order to the latest, you will see they get better and better. However, all but this particular Himalayas UFO video are clearly fake. If this is a fake by the same guy, he really stepped up his game and added depth by using multiple layers (one for the clouds, another for the wing, another for the mist/clouds in the air, another for the window, and of course one for the UFO). I dunno... it looks like real footage out of a plane window. I think the UFO is added in via CGI.

...anybody able to translate?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thats a good find. If it is a hoax, its a good one. Star and flag OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
It is the most convincing of his very numerous UFO videos, most of which are distinctly unconvincing. The manner in which he presents them, one or two every day, kinda blows his cover in my mind. Also most of them are obvious fakes, using a photo(s), camera shake, audio samples, and adding in some (crappy) CGI to create a UFO video.

If you start at xxxdonutzxxx's earliest video and watch them in order to the latest, you will see they get better and better. However, all but this particular Himalayas UFO video are clearly fake. If this is a fake by the same guy, he really stepped up his game and added depth by using multiple layers (one for the clouds, another for the wing, another for the mist/clouds in the air, another for the window, and of course one for the UFO). I dunno... it looks like real footage out of a plane window. I think the UFO is added in via CGI.

...anybody able to translate?

and lets add to all that...............google adsense on every video.

they all look very much CGI....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the camera guy seems too calm. if there was something like that flying next to me, my adrenaline would be flowing and i would be way more excited or scared. sounds like he's whispering, wtf?
edit on 26-3-2012 by Stryc9nine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The way the UFO leaves seems very fake to me.

I think its a hoax guys.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not believable at all the UFO itself looks like it was CGIed into a real video, they are speaking Italian although I'm not fluent or anything but I caught the word at the end meaning sh*t(says it as the "ufo" flies away)
edit on 26-3-2012 by starks1089 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Definitely a theme with these hoaxers..shaking camera with the adsense ads. Will keep an eye out for this in the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have seen this video before, it's nothing new.

And nothing real for that matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To start with it looked really good.............then it moved

Boooooo CGI

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Is there tests people can do to check for XGI, like computer tests rather than naked eye checks.

These CGI videos will eventually get better and better and we wont have a clue whats real any more.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You know, it's funny, there have been thousands of UFO videos over the years, and for all we know, half of them could be real. But we can't pull enough evidence from one video to prove anything.

So in the end, all we can do is speculate. This video appears CGI to me, but the cameraman sounds shocked and excited as the disc speeds off the complete opposite direction. Could be real, could be fake. One day we will learn the truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
it looks weird, I'm gonna have to say CGI, something about it doesn't feel real.

Clearly the only 2 conclusions is that this is 1) aliens or 2) CGI. Until some ATS'ers who have a clue as how to test for CGI we'll not know for sure. But the obvious is calling this a hoax, but we shall see, unless this thread gets no attention and is buried on the A&U forum.

Comment Pending Approval on that YT page....................................... not looking good at all for xxxxxdonutsxxxxxxx

edit on 27-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This isn't even a good faking job. Although it is in a little better focus than some of his other videos. No one see's this many UFO's. And I am siding with GEL on this one too....who puts ads on UFO video's? Unless they created them themselves and are just looking for profit?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Is there tests people can do to check for XGI, like computer tests rather than naked eye checks.

These CGI videos will eventually get better and better and we wont have a clue whats real any more.

Yes. One of the easiest and most straightforward ways to test is by using Error Level Analysis. This compares the level of compression/'error' in different areas of the image. If the compression differs, we can be reasonably sure that that specific area of the image was altered.

The same applies on a frame-by-frame basis with videos. Now, who has the software and knowledge of how to run these analyses, I do not know. Certainly not I. I have a strong feeling that Error Level Analysis would reveal the UFO is edited in.

However it really is a decent editing job. There are a few times where it seems to me to look like a paste job, but honestly if it's a UFO, how the hell can I be expected to accurately predict what it looks like? The whole point of a UFO is an unidentified, unknown object. None of us have the authority to say 'UFOs don't fly that wobbily' or 'The reflection looks off' (or at least very, very few of us), simply because if it's an ET UFO, odds are the materials shaping the craft and methodology behind its construction, etc, etc, are totally alien to us.

I can say it looks pasted in, but also I have heard seemingly reliable or trustworthy sources say that real ET UFOs have a fuzziness/blurriness/halo of sorts surrounding the UFO. This could be mistaken for evidence of a pasted object.

Occam's razor says that this is an edited video. But when one's perspective on reality is severely limited, Occam's razor becomes a logical fallacy (you cannot know what the simplest solution is if you only have a few pieces out of the 1000-piece beast of a jigsaw puzzle).

I dunno. This is an interesting video for sure. My final opinion: Regardless of the legit this video looks, the voluminous obvious fakes make it very difficult to seriously consider this single video a real sighting.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
This isn't even a good faking job. Although it is in a little better focus than some of his other videos. No one see's this many UFO's. And I am siding with GEL on this one too....who puts ads on UFO video's? Unless they created them themselves and are just looking for profit?

Money-grubbing assholes have interesting things happen in their lives, too. GOOGLE advertises and they practically own the internet. Don't let ads or no ads impact your consideration of the actual content of the video. I could frame all of your posts with advertisements but would that mean that your intent via those posts is negative? No, it does not. It only means I am taking advantage of existing content.

<<   2 >>

join