It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Gas Cloud Building Around Rig In North Sea.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
great

don't you just wish you could apologize for the human race's stupidity to the earth someitmes ?

erm no, whilst obviously wishing there were no environmental disasters I have no more desire to apologise to the earth (
) than I do for the earth to apologise for volcanic eruptions, tsunamis etc

I kind of get what high priest meant.

When I see pictures of devastation to wild animals from oil spills and such things, even though I had nothing to do with it, i feel sorry or partially to blame as I am one of the species that's doing such things to them. Our inaction or apathy to it, may have something to do with it. I don't know.

how about we and the earth call it evens given how treacherous for life, as well as hopsitable, this planet can be for existence

Yeah but we are supposed to be the intelligent ones. Easter Island kind of sums up our short-sightedness and apathy towards doing something constructive to stop shtf.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

???? Strange. You cannot see natural gas. Are these fumes from an oil leak and breakdown in the molecular structure? Whatever it is form I would tkink it to be highly toxic and quite flamable. I would not get any closer than 8 miles to that thing...Kaboom!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Violater1

Also another thing that many people on here and in the general public don't seem to understand is what a profit margin is, a company may make 10 Billion £/$ in a quarter but what was the turnover to produce that its the same with supermarkets they may make vast profit announcements by they make an avg 4% profit thats not a lot.

Well this changes everything! Here I was getting all upset by this only to find out these poor energy companies are barely scraping by.

Maybe I'll send 'em a fruit basket.

Do you work? If you do I suggest you find out the company you work for figures that is TOTAL turnover,profit and the actual margin they make you might get a shock.

In the UK building industry many companies work on margins as low as 2% ,supermarkets 4% so if company says its made 2billion £/ $ but had to turnover 100 billion to do it that's not a big profit.

I know many smaller companies that make 20-40% margin I am just glad that someone like you didn't run the companies I worked for in the past

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Starred, I've been saying this in many of my posts and nobody is listening.......................

Watch the movie, the original not sequel, "The Arrival" now after seeing that movie read "The Threat" by David Jacobs about alien abduction and hybrids.

There is so much going on to changing earth, it's beyond accident, coincidence or human stupidity and greed.

But, nobody is listening - I feel like the only cow screaming, no no stop the damn truck, Sunny Dale Farms is a slaughter house not newer greener pastures but nobody is paying attention.

BTW: Start researching how many people have been quieted by either threats, money or murder to suppress free, clean, abundant energy, but the people who are at the top of the pyramid are in bed so deeply with the major fossil fuel families and they are at this time unwilling to relinquish their strangle hold on humanity's throat.

There's cold fusion as well as magnetic energy we've reversed from UFO's according to my research. Now I'm not engineer and not really knowledgeable enough but Nuclear, coal and oil is outdated, dangerous and we need to demand from our governments REAL ALTERNATIVES to what we now are offered as far as "energy".

Poop, we've got a star sitting right outside our front doors that comes up every morning, oceans that cover most of our planet with waves and force that are unbelievable (cold fusion???)

I'm no wiz and even I can see that the forces we have in nature we could harness and have enough free energy for everyone.

Description of video below

Cold fusion refers to a proposed nuclear fusion process of unknown mechanism offered to explain a group of disputed experimental results first reported by Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons. Cold fusion, under this definition, was first announced on March 23, 1989, when Fleischmann and Pons reported producing nuclear fusion in a tabletop experiment involving electrolysis of heavy water on a palladium (Pd) electrode. They reported anomalous heat production ("excess heat") of a magnitude they asserted would defy explanation except in terms of nuclear processes. They further reported measuring small amounts of nuclear reaction byproducts, including neutrons and tritium. These reports raised hopes of a cheap and abundant source of energy.

J.P. Morgan and Tesla

Car that runs on water - inventor murdered

Energy, you have to have electricity, water, heat, gas for your car - the owners of the power companies (not the smucks who work for them) the owners, those at the very top - have us by the throat.

Anyone that has tried to bring free, abundant energy to the public has met death.

Coincidence? Accident?

Everyone has a right to their opinion - personally I think humanity is being played for a fool.

A few greedy mfs have the rest of us by the throat and the rest of us like placid, compliant sheep stand around and allow it.

We're allowing TPTB (The real PTB, not the PR Puppets) to mess up the only bed we humans have to sleep in. It's like pooping in your bed.

If you watch one video, watch Water Car Inventor Murdered, the final video.

Our car gets 46 miles per gallon it's a Ford Fusion - what else do they really have we're not being allowed at because of greed.

Follow the money, it's all about greed and this, yet another mess up didn't have to happen.

How much are we all going to take?

Uploaded by swallowcommand on Jan 11, 2011

Marcus Hollingshead interviewed by American Antigravity

discussing the work done by Hollingshead's team back in

2002-2003, based on the Searl Effect Technology.

(Background picture - John Searl, Inverse Gravity Vehicle and 3D image of Searl Effect Generator)

Thank you to American Antigravity for this wonderful interview.

www.americanantigravity.com...

NOTE - Spelling mistake "Interviewed" Sorry the image is uploaded now.

Again, I am no engineer, my expertise is being able to change the oil in my car, put gas in her and change a tire. But if one researches "free energy suppression" and how many people have been bought out, murdered, threatened, silenced for the greed of a elite few and our government knows and condones it - stuff like this should not have happened.

It didn't need to happen but stuff like this will continue until the people refuse to keep allowing dirty energy to prevail.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OP, thanks for posting this--I had heard nothing about this scary situation on the MSM news programs.

I just watched a video attatched to this Huffington Post article. (sorry, I'm a video embedding noob--I'll go look-up the instructions in a sec).
Anyway, the man interviewed in the video says, "to his knowledge, it is the highest pressure gas well in the world." Yikes. Total S.A. has a problem.
Also from the above article:

"The best-case scenario is that the gas in this area is not very productive and it dies off in the coming days and weeks," Hainsworth said.

Not a very proactive mitigation strategy...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
What If "They" Can Already Clean Up Radiation With Frequency?

They've already purified water from the Gulf with frequency.

Now In this thread, the first video keeps being removed. And its outrageous. Some copyright concerning Sitchin's estate of all things.

There was nothing in the video that remotely could be copyrighted. He was shooting it in his own home demonstrating this on his coffee table, and discussing and idea in his own words, nothing taken from anywhere.

So, rather than just find another version of this, I'll just state what was in the video:

Bascially magnetic devices often have low power output, due to placing the magnets in a stationary way.

Now a real Searl device doesnt use magnets, but it uses magnetized metals that have FLUX, they aren't stationary, and depending the angle of these pieces that bend and move a bit, they create a certain Pulse or Sine Wave, like a Hearbeat, Life.

In home models you would place the magnets in cylindars, giving them Flux room, movement room, and say, your device was kind of motion of these magnets, perhaps moving around in circular fashion, they would bend and have Flux. He demonstrates by puttting a magnet inside a tube, like a toilet paper tube kind thing.

Works for all these devices and including for Free Energy Devices or over unity.

But Also, Tom Bearden's paper and Ken Hutchinson's work which was tested in a lab.

He was calling for all with Tesla's Coils, and Ham Radios, to join in. There are frequencies to aim for. Also, even a Rebar, Satellite.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
WOW.. Guys some of you need to calm down.

For a start iam currently sitting in the position of being one of the people in charge of getting everyone off of near by instalations. Infact I have just had another flight put on to get guys off a neighbouring platform.
I was in here till mega last night dealing with this and although I do not work for Total our rigs are contected to the Elgin. Hence our down man.

Its amazing the amount of wrong information though, there is a 3 mile limitation on the elgin atm for obvious reason. The gas is flamable, any heat source could ignite it. However we are still operating flights out there as its not as bad as people are making out.

I have been speaking to crews over the last 48 hours who are flying there and it has NOT grown in size. Although it has not just 'gone' - Ignore what the papers / news are saying. However Iam probably the most related to this topic out of this entire forum at the moment but some of you still wont listen to me ¬_¬'

Fear mongering I suppose. Anyway, If it gets worse I'll let you know but until then, some of you need to calm down. If it was as bad as some are saying, then trust me. I would know.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Found a link to answer my own question:

Oil and gas rig blow outs

So it would seem that by the time figure out what to do, the rig may already be at the bottom of the sea!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The flare on the Elgin gas platform in the North Sea is still burning, and they can't put it out....
After reading this bit of bad news i am now convinced it is inevitable that the gas cloud/rig will blow sky high at any moment.. The resulting inferno will burn for months, this is a f***k up of epic proportions unfolding in the north sea
Large parts of the uk and scandinavia could be breathing in chemical laced smog for the whole of summer..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Once you have got everyone away from the area can you fire a flare gun at it
please please please you know you want to

Oh and people listen to this guy he is better informed than most here.

edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

How do you know the duration of a possible blow out? I aren't arguing but i have no idea how you know this?

I would have thought that an explosion would solve the problem fairly quickly (but very dangerously) - the fire won't burn below the sea will it?

ETA:

Maybe Minto can correct me on this?

edit on 27-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
seeing like some are providing new info without links, here's one:
www.dailyrecord.co.uk... 6/

sidenote, what if it goes kaboom - tsunami? gas bubble miles in diameter exploding - shouldn't that create a massive tsunami wave?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is a great example of why locals in my area want more than a bunch of BS and Shell's limited study. Shell is going to start fracking for natural gas in my area, deep into The Great Dikes of the Spanish Peaks.

Colorado: Shell gets OK for fracking in Spanish Peaks

Apparently oil companies don't know enough about what they're doing to keep crap like this from happening. I believe in most cases they just wing it. I mean for them it's so worth it considering profits.

Here in Huerfano County residents aren't allowed to speak at meetings. We have no assurances except to trust Shell and local officials who now serve only Shell. It's what oil companies do...they come in flashing cash and government officials swarm on them like a bunch of whores on payday. I'm thinking we're in a world of $#%%.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The flare on the Elgin gas platform in the North Sea is still burning, and they can't put it out....
After reading this bit of bad news i am now convinced it is inevitable that the gas cloud/rig will blow sky high at any moment.. The resulting inferno will burn for months, this is a f***k up of epic proportions unfolding in the north sea
Large parts of the uk and scandinavia could be breathing in chemical laced smog for the whole of summer..

Its not a case of 'cant put it out', You obviously arnt aware of what a flare stack is. The idea of the flare stack is to burn off excess gas to save a build up of it in the lines. Without the stack there would be far greater problems.. ¬_¬ - They wouldnt put the flare out! If they did then there would be serious back pressure build up and cause more lines to burst. The flare is reduced to a far lower height at the moment.

This is what im talking about. Uneducated people on the topic spouting these posts to scare people. If you dont know what your talking about please stop it as its not adding anything to this, people (including me) need to informed with the latest TRUE information. Not media lies.
We have actually laughed when we seen the MSM news at points.. All it does it scare people. The last thing I want is these rigs to blow up, hence why were getting everyone off.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Is the bubbling an issue then or isn't there any? (media made it up).

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I kinda liked the guys idea about the dome.. I mean it sounds a bit ridiculous but think about it.
Catching it on fire would be a horrible idea. It is LEAKING gas, meaning not going to the wells full capacity. If that thing blows.. Then the flame would be, and it would be even worse than you can imagine.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Bubbling? This is the first I have heard of any 'bubbling' and as said Iv been working on this since Yesterday, the man sitting next to me has been working on this since Sunday.
Im in constant contact with the SHW / NHD Platoforms, Standby boats and Aircraft and there has been not a single report of 'bubbling'.

If I dont hear it from my crew, admins, or captains / OIM's then I wont listen to it from a journalist making money selling a story in an office miles away from any of this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Fair enough and a good answer! I have read loads of reports of bubbling around the platform in the MSM - who would have thought the MSM make things up?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
all i can say is......"DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!!
where is sarah palin, george bush, mitt romney, little ricky santorum, on this....oh right!... it's not in our backyard.... out of site, out of mind, out of media.
edit on 27-3-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah, in all fairness the risk isnt that low, but it isnt as high as its being made out to be. I.e., Its a problem to the level of getting everyone off.. but not at a level where we cannot opperate flights to get them home if you know what I mean. We dont want anything to happen to our aircraft as you can imagine.
Anyway I have alot of work to do I just wanted to pop in and let you know the latest.

Some of you will listen and wait for me to update you.

Others will ignore this and i'll return to 10 more pages of, "OMG THE WORLD WILL END!" kinda tripe.

Happy to help though, Im all for getting decent sourced information out and this is a topic im confident in talking about for once.

Right time to get these lads off. Back later when im done.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join