It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Gas Cloud Building Around Rig In North Sea.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So we have poison gas leaking which could kill anything that breathes even a little of it.
Wind blowing it away? And to where? It isn't like it is going to change itself into something else.

Seems to me that blowing it up is the better option, and keeping the new bubbles burning before they escape into the air. Ice shelf? That is probably a lesser problem than having an inhaleable gas going who knows where for a long, long time.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Fun until it comes to Upper Michigan and kills your family...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Mossadstooge

are you forgetting that they are getting this stuff for us?

They're not getting it for me! Don't you understand that they have manipulated the whole situation so that they (Big Oil, Big Nuclear) are the only game in town? You will never see viable alternative, safe, clean fuels as long as these douche bags control all of the puppets in Washington and London. Fossil fuels? We have NO choice in the matter now do we? Don't you think that it's designed to be that way?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Another oil leak in the Sea.... how much more can be leaked into the sea? I know we have plenty of Oceans but the amount of oil which has leaked into the water over recent years must be quite a lot!

Hope they sort this one out soon....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
They should just shoot a large firework up. That should get rid of this pesky gas cloud.

Problem solved.

edit on 27-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

No, that will not solve a problem. First of all there is the large explosion, which the company will not want because it will destroy much, if not all of their rig. Second there is the fact that the gas would continue to seep out, which means we would have a large fire int he north sea until the gas trapped under that formation they drilled into is completely gone. It could mean a large fire for months on end, or even longer.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its gas not oil...did you even read the OT title?

Also just look at this here.

oceanworld.tamu.edu...

ok it was done in 2003 but it shows that more oil is released through natural seepage, its been going on for millions of years the second largest is when you spill your petrol on a road while filling up etc and it gets washed into the sea etc.
What we really should be worried about is the amount of plastic dumped in the sea, oil breaks down quicker than plastic.

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.seashepherd.org...
edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

How far up is the gas cloud? If its not to low then maybe the firework solution will work, that's if they manage to seal off the leak.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its gas not oil...did you even read the OT title?

Also just look at this here.

oceanworld.tamu.edu...

ok it was done in 2003 but it shows that more oil is released through natural seepage, its been going on for millions of years the second largest is when you spill your petrol on a road while filling up etc and it gets washed into the sea etc.
What we really should be worried about is the amount of plastic dumped in the sea, oil breaks down quicker than plastic.

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.seashepherd.org...
edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)
#

You mean this bad boy !

the great pacific garbage patch !

Nice image from here which shows a kind of map !

garbage

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Blowing the gas cloud up, I can't believe people are actually thinking of that, its purely idiotic, it doesn't just drift around as a huge and perfectly formed cloud, it will be dispersing all of the time and the "what if it drifts over here and people breathe it in" crowd, well the mind boggles

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
Blowing the gas cloud up, I can't believe people are actually thinking of that, its purely idiotic, it doesn't just drift around as a huge and perfectly formed cloud, it will be dispersing all of the time and the "what if it drifts over here and people breathe it in" crowd, well the mind boggles

What exactly would happen if the cloud was ignited?

And where exactly does it go when it "disperses"?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

It goes boom and it disperses in the atmosphere.......

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

I suspect re-terraforming our planet.

Read, David Jacob's book, "The Threat" and watch the original not sequel, "The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen.

or maybe it's all just simply "accidents" and "human error".

But it sure seems like these "human boo boos are coming mighty fast and furious these days, speeding up to be "accidents".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The innocent always die first.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Starred, I actually get more news from ATS than TV, honestly and I have cable.

The news media just doesn't report a lot of the serious & important stuff going on any more.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Not one star except mine and fireball over head in our atmosphere came to my mind as well.

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

In military fuel air explosives 100 lbs. of ther fuel (not propane on methane] when dispersed yeilds 1 kilo ton of dynamite blast.Now how big is that gas cloud? WOW

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mossadstooge

They're not getting it for me! Don't you understand that they have manipulated the whole situation so that they (Big Oil, Big Nuclear) are the only game in town? You will never see viable alternative, safe, clean fuels as long as these douche bags control all of the puppets in Washington and London. Fossil fuels? We have NO choice in the matter now do we? Don't you think that it's designed to be that way?

Our planet has had, clean abundant energy tech for at least 30 years...............those that have tried to bring it to the people have been either bought off, threatened or had fatal suicide / accidents.

The energy companies are dirty low down snakes in the grass, greedy at anyone and everyone's expense including the planet and they are deeply intimate with our governments.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Is there a leakage per hour rate determined? How much of this gas will diffuse into the water?

And has there been any direct video coverage by the MSM?...I haven't been able to find any.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
They'll need to go in with a sub... that's probably their best shot at closing up the leak without risking explosion.

At least, that is what I would do.

~Namaste

They probably need to go with the plan that explained how ANY LEAK could be quickly and easily fixed in a routine manner -- you know, the one they submitted to the government bureaucrat overseeing their operation and rubber stamping it because (s)he's going to later be hired as a 7 figure "consultant" for that very same Oil company.

>> This is definitely going to;
1) Raise Oil Prices
2) Prove we NEED to allow Gas companies more access to oil fields.
3) Prove that we cannot use alternative energy instead of Oil / Gas / Dolphins.
4) Require a hearing where everyone says that it was an anomaly, and they will never, ever let it happen again. Everyone will go home satisfied with the quality of the Lobster but find the chicken a little dry, and someone will apologize for being "too harsh" on the oil executives.
5) There will be a tax write-off, such that whatever penalties that are paid get maximum TV news time, but the company ends up actually MAKING MONEY off the spill -- like BP did in the Gulf. They had Prison labor to the cleanup for less than the Government subsidized them for using local workers, and of course, they only paid out a fraction of their "self imposed $20 Billion trust fund" -- and the wrote off the entire amount on taxes which will need to be rung out of the pencil slush funds of state teachers undoubtedly.

The earth goes back to spinning on its axis, and we will be told how this is the best possible energy system humankind can come up with.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The energy companies and some car companies have bought up many patents and just sit on them with their big lawyers guarding them. The technologies use fuel that is free, water, no expensive technology needed. So simple nobody believes it and won't test it because it just seems unreal. I know someone who did it and sold their patent. They are now restricted from telling anyone about their invention per terms of their legal contract.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join