It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop CS6 Beta - Upgrade or no?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Anyone 'out there' using the new/Beta version (or full version) of the new Photoshop CS6 yet? I'd like to hear some real users opinions before purchasing an upgrade.

I'm not 'into' making videos and never will be (I know, never say never) but really - is there anything in the upgrade that makes the program worth it - for stills only? Or should I just stick with CS5?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm still happy with CS3 and Lightroom 2
What's the major differences between CS3 and CS5?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Silly me. I thought they were up to 7. I still use CS3, And while photo is not my main source of income, I do make some cash off of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Im still with cs5...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm happy with CS5 and lightroom 4 for the moment. I see no point on jumping on every new version...there's always new ones coming out anyway

I'll switch when the change will be substantial and worth it on a practical side

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
From the few things I've looked at for it the content aware patching tool looks like a great improvement than just the regular content aware fill of CS6. There's a guy on youtube that I watch and he's been showcasing the changes in the beta.

He's pretty thorough with his reviews. Might help you with your question.

Iceflow Studios
edit on 3/25/2012 by Thalestris because: spurlinz errers

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thanks all - great input and the vids will keep me busy until lunch!

Great Sunday All!

And any of you who're 'still' using CS5 and Lightroom? I'd LOVE to see some examples of your 'stuff' here!

peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For those considering skipping this upgrade to wait for another version later on.
You used to be eligible for upgrades to the next version if you owned three versions prior to that edition.
Adobe have now changed that so that you will only be able to upgrade to the next version if you own the previous version - well they did late last year but there's been a slight amendment to that new rule.
It will only come into effect at the end of this year 21st DEC 2012 so we have until then to upgrade to CS6 from CS3, CS4 then after that, we would need to purchase every consecutive upgrade to be eligible for the next upgrade price.
As for those who already upgraded to CS5 recently, I have no idea if you may get a reduced upgrade price to CS6. Will probably not see these details until the official launch of CS6 after the beta run.
Here's the Adobe page explaining it.
Special Upgrade Offer

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthropomorphous
For those considering skipping this upgrade to wait for another version later on.
You used to be eligible for upgrades to the next version if you owned three versions prior to that edition.
Adobe have now changed that so that you will only be able to upgrade to the next version if you own the previous version - well they did late last year but there's been a slight amendment to that new rule.
It will only come into effect at the end of this year 21st DEC 2012 so we have until then to upgrade to CS6 from CS3, CS4 then after that, we would need to purchase every consecutive upgrade to be eligible for the next upgrade price.
As for those who already upgraded to CS5 recently, I have no idea if you may get a reduced upgrade price to CS6. Will probably not see these details until the official launch of CS6 after the beta run.
Here's the Adobe page explaining it.
Special Upgrade Offer

Interesting, thanks for the input

Originally posted by silo13
And any of you who're 'still' using CS5 and Lightroom? I'd LOVE to see some examples of your 'stuff' here!

Some of my stuff is on this site
Gallery

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Using CS6 pre-release here.

A few of the added filters are nice and I enjoy the way CS6 handles RAW files more than previous versions.

The supposed anti-blurring tool that was showcased in the sneak peek video is not present.

Further, is seems a little less resource intensive as CS5, and tends to handle exceptionally large files a little bit better.

The pre-release isn't a huge leap forward from CS5, but, there may be more to come in the final.

top topics

join