It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dhs is sending my teenager to Japan is it safe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Australian dhs is sending my teenage daughter to Japan ( i think its a school trip) Is it safe? would you send your teenager to Japan? I am freaking out because when her father died (she was just over one years old) i had several dreams one of which featured tidal waves and she was in the water and i was on the shore,at the time i put it down to large emotions (emotions/water) but now im not so sure. Seven years passed and another mate died ,so i am freaking out that death is coming back to visit again. When she was about 8 years old i brought her the movie Spirited Away, a Japanese movie about their spirit world for kids .The main person in the film is a young girl who travels through the Japanese spirit world to save her parents( for those who havent heard of the movie) There is no one i can talk to about this and its 5 in the morning here, its stopping me from sleeping im so worried. I have had a headache everyday since and as i have had a brain hemmorage anurisum (spelt wrong) my head has got plastic clips metal springs ect in it ,from 18 years ago,the stress this is causeing me must be raising my blood pressure im worried something in my heads gonna go pop .So im asking you on ats would you send your teenager on what would normally be the trip of a lifetime. Is it safe

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i've always wanted to go to japan.

not to much since last march tho eh?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

thanks i really am upset thanks for replying though cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My wife had a chance as a child to go to Japan on a school trip, and her mother did not allow such, in fear something bad would happen to her. I've heard this story of regret atleast a thousand times.

Being a parent, it is natural for us to worry about the well being of our children, especially when they are so far out of reach.

Still, to deny your child this experince will leave a rift. So, I humbly suggest you have faith and allow your child to fly.

Nothing bad will happen. I know it's scary to let the baby bird fly from the nest, but this is the nature of the existance. You've done your job, taught right from wrong, and now it's time to let your kid show you that they took to heart these lessons.

Wanting to protect your child is noble, just don't let your concern deny them an experince of a lifetime.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
depends where shes going and for how long.

personally I wouldn't go unless it's Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Yes it is a dilemma ( probably spelt wrong) but things have changed over there since your wife had a chance to go , so in a sense you sort of avoided my question, is it safe?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't know if it means anything, but my sister in law and my nephew were looking healthy when they recently visited us for 2 weeks. They have lived in Iwaki, Fukushima their entire life.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hells no it's not safe!!!! This is a massive coverup so don't believe these people that want to send your daughter into a massive pool of radiation.. Don't be surprised when she gets cancer 10 years from now...

KEEP HER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I say let her go and have the time of her life. No one seems to want to go to Japan and for good reasons..so she ought to have an experience like few have had in recent decades. She ought to see a Japan without it being totally over-run with OTHER tourists at the same time.

Something to keep in mind and take a little comfort from. Fukushima itself is a terrible terrible place...no doubt. However, there are still people working there every day. They aren't dropping dead every other day, so it isn't immediately dangerous in that sense. I doubt there is anything at all to fear from the short term trip into the nation it sounds like this would be.

Heck.....Who knows what the future does hold for Japan, seriously. This might be a unique experience she can't even do later in life...who knows? I wish I could go like that, but definitely send her to enjoy the sights and culture of Japan.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Yes it is a dilemma ( probably spelt wrong) but things have changed over there since your wife had a chance to go , so in a sense you sort of avoided my question, is it safe?

Yeah, I suppose there wasn't the whole nuclear reactor crack and all that in her time 20 some odd years ago, but still, this event has been exasperated. I'm sure there's no danger to the areas the children will be occupying. They've done alot to clean up the mess, and I doubt they'd take those kids into containated areas. Probably show them the sites in Tokyo and Osaka which are breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would not go anywhere near Japan unless I was forced to by some means.

In that case you can be damn sure I'd be strapped.

Not with a side-arm, but a geiger counter.

And a pocket full or potassium iodide.

If it were my daughter I would not allow this.... in any case, may she stay healthy

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I dont know where she is going as they tell me nothing just to hurt families even more

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ironically, people are leaving Tokyo over radiation fears, lol.

If it is a school trip, I think she'll be fine. Schools usually try to avoid dangerous areas and keep children safe. Japan does have a very racist culture, but again, if it is a school trip I wouldn't worry too much.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jpzaino

Thats what i want to think and i am struggling i probably wont put this right but do i let her live or hide

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

My biggest question is why on earth would a school pick a trip to Japan in light of the current situation? Personally I wouldn't go any where close to japan. According to reports the radiation is still spreading and there has been a continuation of earthquakes in various parts of the country. However putting this aside. My biggest concern would be who is the mental defective that decided this trip to begin with? If they are this incompetent in regards to this what else are they incompetent about? Everything?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent

I dont know where she is going as they tell me nothing just to hurt families even more

Politely suggest you would like an itenerary (I know I spelt that wrong, a log of where their going?) since it is kinda important to you. I don't know why they wouldn't tell you the schedule of where they plan to be or what they plan to do. As a parent, it's your right to know where your kid is at. I know when my kid goes on a field trip, even in state, they let you know exactly the what and where they plan on doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Thanks but its not now the danger except for possible tidle waves earthquakes but future health

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

If it is a school trip, I think she'll be fine. Schools usually try to avoid dangerous areas and keep children safe.

It's no secret how much TEPCO, no doubt in collusion with the Japanese gvnmt, have lied to the population re: the real danger(s) over the last year.

Now, if they are lying to that extent to their own people, how much real info do you think your daughters school may have gotten re: the actual safety of it's students while there?

It sounds like you are quite concerned, and are pondering this thoroughly. I believe that's wise.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

YEHA someone i can agree with and sees what i see yes what idiot would arrange a trip to Japan after what happened especially children .

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You are a good Mother. Being concerned for her safety is normal. How long is this school trip scheduled for, how many kids are going, and most important, where are they staying. The radiation is much higher is certain areas of Japan. TEPCO, in collusion with the Japanese government haven't been truthful regarding the extent nor the severity of radioactive contamination in Japan. Greed and politics have kept accurate data from the general population.

As her parent you have every right to demand answers to all questions you have regarding the trip.

Des

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join