Dhs is sending my teenager to Japan is it safe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I got your u2u and tried to reply sorry i think i did it wrong i dont see my daughter shes under control of dhs

I'm sorry.. I misunderstood the situation in thinking you had some influence you were really stressing about. How much more stressful it must be to have no control and these concerns for her safety.

I'd really emphasize the fact Japan isn't a nuclear wasteland with an Asian version of Mad Max thundering down the roads.. lol. I'm being a little sarcastic, but the point is important. It's a nation full of Japanese who aren't sick, dying or particularly worse off today than they were before the Tsunami took out their power plant. Economically? Well...Ask a Japanese..I'd imagine they have colorful words for that topic..but the population isn't dying.

It's ironic..it really is..but as much as I've been the doom talker about Fukushima, and I certainly have nothing positive to say about the plant or what it's doing to us all...there is something just as important to note that will make you feel better.

Fukushima is on the East coast of Japan...and nothing but water sits downwind (for the most part). In some very real ways, being in parts of Japan is likely safer in the long term than being in the Aleutian Islands or West coast of North America. Don't worry for your Daughter.. I wouldn't if my son were heading there. Not if it weren't to live there permanently and no one had crazy ideas about seeing Fukushima for a photo op or something.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes thanks it is very hard not being able to have a say in it. However i can go and have a say in about a week thats why i asked ats what they think about letting her go because i have to choose if i want to go and have a say or not within a week and theres not anyone suitable to talk to about it. There are other issues and allthough it breaks my heart that its turned out like this ,i keep away because shes got more oppertunity where she is than with me at the moment i thought well they can give to her and provide oppertunity hence a trip overseas but when i read in the sneaky way they wrote informed me of the trip in otherwords they told me indirectly by the way were sending your kid to Japan and their attitude is you have no say .So i am trying to decied whether to go and object or not and ats has helped just by enabling me to talk about it and get other opinions on the state Japan is in.That was messy cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Do you have a say in the matter? If not, no sense in worrying until you have something to really worry about.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This is part of my dilemma i can have a say in about a week but should i .

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong. Everyone should be suspicious about the true safety of the reactors. I am, but I am also suspicious about anything that involves other people.

I don't feel it matters, because I feel there is no longer an environmentally safe place to be found. Do you know of one? I've been looking for a great place to live.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What would it take for her to go on the trip AND to keep your mind at ease and worry-free?

If it were my daughter, I would want to be sure someone on the trip is carrying a hand-held radiation measuring tool that measures the dangerous kind of radiation ( not all counter thingees do)

I would also want to know what their plan is in the event of some kind of a measured radiation incident.

If those conditions were met, then I would sincerely wish my daughter a safe and happy trip.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
well, US has bases is OKI, I've got a buddy over there now. so I'd think she'd be safe, since the US and Australia are on good terms. (If something were to go down "military style" that is)

as for radiation, I can't say.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yes that sounds very reasonable and a part of me wants to buy it ,however at the end of the day, am i, or rather is the dhs, gambling with her health.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
While you as a parent have every right to keep your child home and play the role as the ever present and controlling helicopter parent always hovering around, please keep in mind, the more you enforce your control over your child, the greater the break in rebellion that usually occurs in later teenage years.

Your personal beliefs, biases, paranoia can actually do more harm to your child than you think, when you're fully convinced that you are protecting them.

Let your child go. If you're really that fearful, purchase a personal dosimeter, or geiger counter if you have the funds for a geiger counter, but a dosimeter for under $100US from any online shop will do your child fine.

Read the instructions on the dosimeter, and ensure your child understands what they mean, then send them on their way with emergency funds to return immediately should the dosimeter show positive at at time.

Solved.

You get more radiation from natural sunlight every day than you'd likely get from visiting some ambiguous anywhere place in Japan.

Then again, for whatever reason, people have a tendency to really really really love panicking and making a bigger deal out of anything and everything imaginable, especially when doing so coincides with their own disposition and preconceptions about other things.

People love their lies, and love to be scared by the lies they choose to believe. Why else are doomsday cults and websites so popular?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
why would anything happen. be happy for your daughter that she has a great opportunity to visit an historic and rich culture, be with her friends and have memories that she'll remember for the rest of her life.

on the dreams, they don't mean jack. i've had many, many dreams with pamela anderson, but i've never met her.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The food is what would worry me the most.

The way you are talking you will attending a hearing, where you may or may not be granted input on decisions on her life? If that is the case, then there is some reason you don't currently have that input. With that in mind there is no way you should introduce anything conspiracy related at the hearing or to any official. Japan being a nuclear wasteland screams conspiracy, despite the possible triths involved. Don't fight this battle.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Thats because dreams of miss anderson are desire dreams not even close to warning dreams if you know anything about dreams you should know this cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

My biggest concern would be who is the mental defective that decided this trip to begin with? If they are this incompetent in regards to this what else are they incompetent about? Everything?

A very good point is being made here.
Don't send your daughter to Japan. If you are having fears now, whats to stop you of having fears that she'll develop cancer or other problems over time? This field trip is just asinine.There are so many other places in the world where she can SAFELY have this big amazing experience you all talk about.
Don't feel guilty if you don't let her go. She will thank you years later when she sees on the news that Japanase people are having birth defects and developing diseases from all this radiation. Go look up other nuclear disasters and how the radiation affected people. Some stupid field trip is not a good reason to risk your daughter.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wouldnt unless i went with her... I watch too many movies like Taken... i wouldnt want to end up running across the globe killing everybody on my quest to find my daughter... noooooope

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I really have to agree with you i feel i am being baited the dhs in australia are sly mannipulating nonconmunicative ambiguos ( sorry bad spelling didnt get to go to school was being terroized at home where was dhs lol ) and you dont know the facts behind them taking my daughter and after my upbringing i would be the first in line to protect kids and.Other factors that are out of my control are the reason she cant live with me , in fact im doing the best thing i can for her letting them protect her but 99 children died in their care last year and they have a lot of bad stories about them including a father protesting on sydney harbor bridge so they do treat people unfairly that is estranged parents are just left to fend for themselves not one bit of help offered and the people they employ are mannerless and get off on their power and dont have an ounce of humility or empathy anyway thanks for all your responses i was gonna make up my own mind anyway but really needed to verbalize and let off steam now i better let it go in case i really begin to rant with anger cheers peace love n joy

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
depends where shes going and for how long.

personally I wouldn't go unless it's Tokyo.

Personally I wouldn't go if it IS Tokyo. Well, unless you feel your insides are a bit under cooked and wish to rectify that, slowly, over the next couple decades. Radiation and all that. That part of Japan is dead, they just don't know it yet.

NOTE: I lived just outside of Tokyo for 10 years. It was great. You can't pay me enough to go back now.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I say let her go and have the time of her life. No one seems to want to go to Japan and for good reasons..so she ought to have an experience like few have had in recent decades. She ought to see a Japan without it being totally over-run with OTHER tourists at the same time.

Uh, wassup Doc? You say go, but ppl don't go for good reasons. Could those reasons be the radiation? Perhaps?

Funny thing happened the other day. I was trying to book a united flight to SE asia from the US. I used UAL's website. I saw a few flights that stop off in Tokyo, as usual, but a lot that didn't. I thought this was great because laying over in Tokyo was always such a waste of time and now, since it is radioactive there, I don't want to stop there.

So I book a ticket. Then I get my itinerary and at the bottom is an asterisk which points to small text that says....I stop over it Tokyo. But no where on the itinerary does it say that.

So I call UAL and they say it is because on my way there I don't change planes, just stop for a few hours and get back on. I called BS because on the way back they do the same thing but I DO change planes. So they tried a couple other excuses. I asked the lady to change my reservation to route around Tokyo and she was going to charge me a fee.

So, I asked if they were hiding the layover intentionally because people were afraid of the radiation and this way they won't know they are going there, and book a ticket like I did. She transferred me to a manager.

The manager was more than accommodating, dropped the fees, and routed me through Europe and Russia to get to SE asia.

Odd.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
reply to post by jpzaino

Thats what i want to think and i am struggling i probably wont put this right but do i let her live or hide

You are focusing, or being made to feel guilty, about the wrong thing. Or perhaps you are guilty about the right thing because you want to keep her back because of some nonsense dream about tidal waves you had. If that is your reason for keeping her back....

Anyhow. If it were the above and it were prior to March 2011 I would say you are being overbearing and stifling a wonderful opportunity.

However, it is now after March 2011, and even though I still think the above is nutso-crazylicious, if it saves your daughters life, so be it. See, Japan is radioactive. Everything around Tokyo bay, to Chiba and then up past the Fukushima prefecture. Miyagi, Nagoya, Fukushima, prefectures, all contaminated.

by going there you are basically ensuring your daughter will get exposed to bad levels of radioactive isotopes. These are invisible, tasteless, and have no smell. You can't feel them. but they will slowly cook you and in a decade or two you will have issues, big issues.

Or, you can let her go; the fish are pre-cooked: Linky

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I guess that statement do i let her live or hide was not a good way to express what i was trying to convey. I will try some more examples. Do you let your kid go to bali where they could be hurt or whatever. Do you say to your kid dont climb that tree you might fall and get hurt. I know radiation is an entirely different thing. What im trying to express is much deeper but im having trouble digging it up. Where does the boundry between fear and( i dunno) common sense lie . Do you dig lol sorry i was trying to lighten up .thanks and cheers 1%

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I am very close to a woman who has been going through the same thing in Florida. She has given no indication that she is anything but a great mom. She hasn't seen her daughter in 6 months. The husband has won temporary custody for 'alienation'. Meaning that he asserts that she is making the daughter hate him. The daughter won't eat or talk in his presence. He has a police history of spousal abuse although the court won't hear that evidence or even let the mother present her case. He alledgly sat around drinking beer with the DCF officer who was sent to investigate. The dad has video cameras in the child's room.

Just like I tell her, you have to have faith that eventually justice will be served. Hopefully your child is in a good place even if she isn't with you.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join