It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Doomed: 62% Think Offshore Drilling Likely to Lower Gas Prices !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah, irrefutable proof that a majority of Americans are idiots.

I hope, for the sake of humanity, that that poll is a lie. If it isn't...

Then we really are f**ked as a species.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Yeah, irrefutable proof that a majority of Americans are idiots.

I hope, for the sake of humanity, that that poll is a lie. If it isn't...

Then we really are f**ked as a species.

You know what they say: Majority Rules. I have 62% of Americans on my side.

Maybe you should move to Canada?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Obama is already running away from his ridiculous Algae solution.

Charles Krauthammer can't stop laughing about that one.

Pres Obama can't run away from algae fuel. He's CIC, and his Navy and Air Force are already using algae fuel blend.

Navy speed record

Navy aviation

Air Force!

Why does Charles Krauthammer, etal who laugh, hate my military? Why do they hate my country so much that they want to keep it on the oil standard and keep me and my fellow citizens a century behind the rest of the world? Why, Charles, why?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This just shows that 62% of people are clueless about the economy of gas.

And the gas price dropped in the last half of 2008 because the economy tanked...no demand = low prices.

We made it to page 3. I thought you would like to see the man who saved us from

high gas prices back in 2008. Miss him yet?

PS: I just sent Nancy Pelosi a Thank You note.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Obama is already running away from his ridiculous Algae solution.

Charles Krauthammer can't stop laughing about that one.

Pres Obama can't run away from algae fuel. He's CIC, and his Navy and Air Force are already using algae fuel blend.

Navy speed record

Navy aviation

Air Force!

Why does Charles Krauthammer, etal who laugh, hate my military? Why do they hate my country so much that they want to keep it on the oil standard and keep me and my fellow citizens a century behind the rest of the world? Why, Charles, why?

Yes, it works BUT it costs $8 a gallon to make!

Oh no! That sounds like another Solyndra disaster.

Yes, the Solyndra solar panels work BUT they cost too much and nobody will buy them.

The devil is in the details.

-------
Crude oil is here to stay.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Was it Einstein that said; "Just because a majority of people think you're wrong, it doesn't mean they're right"?

As I mentioned, a majority of people are morons. I guess you are on the right side of that majority. Enjoy the bliss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[eta]

In 2001 I was living in VA, and was paying 0.89 per gallon of gas. By 2007, gas prices were up to nearly 4.00 per gallon. Gas prices quadrupled under Bush's reign. Do I want him back?

GTFOH

edit on 24-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This is why
Jon Huntsman couldn't convince his party to vote for him. ....well, this among other things...When he talks about the true cost of a gallon of US gas being $13, he was being, well, honest.

And here's the deal, the idea that it must be "oil or nothing" is an old canard. Of course, oil is here to stay. But, at the very least, oil is dirty energy, with health and environmental consequences. Cleaner/renewable energy should be a part of any 21st nation energy portfolio.

Put solar where it works, put wind where it works, put tidal where it works, use non-petrochemical sources. And why couldn't Michigan use its energy research to help out its economy?

With billions and billions of people...

Water from poop: Yep, the Gates Foundation has agreed to fund the development of a device that harvests clean water and energy from human wastes. No word yet if the water will have to be labeled as “extracted from poop.” (via Earth Techling)

source

At a time when citizens of the world are poised to consume even more energy, why are we letting China get ahead of us in helping the rest of the world into 21st cen energy technology, when we could benefit economically from a global energy market, too?

The LaBrea Tar Pits in Los Angeles shows what happened to even huge animals when they got stuck in the ooze. Again, why would Charles Krauthammer hate this country so much, that he would have us go to our death in that sticky ooze? I thought this great country stood for new ideas and innovation. Apparently, Charles scoffs at that idea. How sad...for him and us.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i clearly haven't got a clue for his motives but in my thinking i think this is like killing a drug dealer so the junky can't get his fix. i'm sure this would create jobs but a line has to be drawn sooner or later and the catastrophic gas prices will only hasten innovation, i mean someone somewhere needs to take their thumb off of that great idea to save us. to many people with way to much money kill every great idea just so we can remain dependent on oil. you can't make me believe that with all the great minds in our generation there isn't a bunch of awesome ideas that can obliterate the energy crisis. [/pipedream]

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by rebellender
tying the US Dollar to OPEC is Treason

Absolutely spot on!

We do need to drill. Why Obama didnt take the Canadian oil deal,speaks volumes,on how he has pandered to the "green" initiative,and all its dirty money.

We need Republican leadership back in the White House.

This is the face of presidential leadership. Raise your hand if you miss President Bush.

You've lost any credibility you might have ever had

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You do realize that polls can be proven wrong?

I want alternative energy sources, not more drilling.
edit on 24-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

All of you know that domestic production of oil has increased under Obama....right???

Ignorance is curable...stupidity isn't...make the right choice.

But it sure hasn't on Federal Land...and BTW screw the Gov't owning land.
Oh and this 2% of US oil...is PROVEN oil reserves.

We have anywhere from 100 Billion to 600 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil yet we do not push for it because of foolish policies. Here is a link according to the Dept of Energy, scroll to page 21 and you'll see for yourself. Fossil Fuel

Just do not believe every word you hear..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It would seem rather obvious that this is more or less true. It might not lower prices, simply because demand is ever increasing as well, but increased production certainly would apply some downward pressure that might stabilize prices in the long run. Ask yourself a question. What would happen if the US shut down 3 million barrels of daily production capacity tomorrow? I think we all know what would happen. Contrary to the beliefs of some, oil is, in fact, subject to the same laws of supply and demand as every other commodity on Earth.

And yes, I agree, it will likely take a few years to bring a significant supply of new production to market. Too bad we didn't start working on that a decade ago like some people thought we should.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Whats sad to me is that we are even still debating this. It shouldnt be about oil prices. It should be about getting the hell off of oil.

@OP, you want to blame obama for oil prices. Im calling you out for being far to short-sighted. You have an issue with oil prices today? It is right-wing golden boy Ronald Reagan that you can thank for them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by rebellender
tying the US Dollar to OPEC is Treason

Absolutely spot on!

We do need to drill. Why Obama didnt take the Canadian oil deal,speaks volumes,on how he has pandered to the "green" initiative,and all its dirty money.

If Obama really cared about the green initiative he'd legalize hemp as a crop. Betcha dollars to donuts he's an oil speculator himself.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You do realize that polls can be proven wrong?

I want alternative energy sources, not more drilling.
edit on 24-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

Polls are usually proven wrong by digging into the details.

9 times out of 10 it's the liberals stacking their polls in order to get the number

they want. This 62% number is accurate. I see 62% of Americans walking into

the voting booth and voting for ABO. - Anybody But Obama -

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Whats sad to me is that we are even still debating this. It shouldnt be about oil prices. It should be about getting the hell off of oil.

@OP, you want to blame obama for oil prices. Im calling you out for being far to short-sighted. You have an issue with oil prices today? It is right-wing golden boy Ronald Reagan that you can thank for them.

Making an argument to get the hell off of oil during an election year is adolescent behavior.

The bad news is that the Dog & Pony shows are not working for Obama.

Killing the Keystone Pipeline was a foolish decision.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21

All of you know that domestic production of oil has increased under Obama....right???

Ignorance is curable...stupidity isn't...make the right choice.

But it sure hasn't on Federal Land...and BTW screw the Gov't owning land.
Oh and this 2% of US oil...is PROVEN oil reserves.

We have anywhere from 100 Billion to 600 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil yet we do not push for it because of foolish policies. Here is a link according to the Dept of Energy, scroll to page 21 and you'll see for yourself. Fossil Fuel

Just do not believe every word you hear..

Yes, he has been brainwashed with Obama talking points.

The 2% number is misleading.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
never underestimate the stupidity of the american public...our leaders count on it. rational, sane voices are drowned out by the din of feckless asshats.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Making an argument to get the hell off of oil during an election year is adolescent behavior.

that's a lie...the keystone pipeline was not "killed"....well, over at FOX NEWS and RUSH LIMBAUGH it has been.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

that's a lie...the keystone pipeline was not "killed"....well, over at FOX NEWS and RUSH LIMBAUGH it has been.

Obama did not approve the Keystone Pipeline.

The price of gas is going even higher. Obama has tried damage control

in Oklahoma but that photo op fooled no one.

Everyone knows that the Keystone Pipeline will be built - in spite of - Obama

not because of Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join