Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Doomed: 62% Think Offshore Drilling Likely to Lower Gas Prices !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All of you know that domestic production of oil has increased under Obama....right???

Ignorance is curable...stupidity isn't...make the right choice.

Tell the whole truth. Domestic production of oil has increased - in spite of Obama -

not because of Obama. The increases are taking place on private lands.

-------
Obama is doomed. He has the Keystone Pipeline rejection on his record.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by rebellender
tying the US Dollar to OPEC is Treason

Absolutely spot on!

We do need to drill. Why Obama didnt take the Canadian oil deal,speaks volumes,on how he has pandered to the "green" initiative,and all its dirty money.

wrong...it speaks volumes to your ignorance of why he delayed it. but obviously you don't care, because it gets in the way of your real agenda.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

All of you know that domestic production of oil has increased under Obama....right???

Tell the whole truth. Domestic production of oil has increased - in spite of Obama -

-------

wrong, he did not reject it...please quit lying.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

This is the face of presidential leadership. Raise your hand if you miss President Bush.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have you been smoking? Must be really good because you'd have to be whacked on crack to say something that insane.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
They may think it will lower prices but it won't. The US nearly doubled its oil drilling operations under Obama, and you can see that didn't keep prices low. The simple fact is that the US has only a small part of the world's petrol resources. Even if we kept all domestically-produced oil for US consumption, we'd still have to import a very substantial portion of the petrol we use; the result would be that world pricing, not US-only pricing, would prevail (since when have domestic oil companies been charitable institutions? For that matter, how many domestic oil companies are completely domestic and without any foreign ownership or operations?).
edit on 24-3-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

The US nearly doubled its oil drilling operations under Obama

I'm not sure what ""doubled its oil drilling operations"" means.

Crude Oil Production
(barrels per year)

1,862,259,000 - 2006
1,848,450,000 - 2007
1,811,817,000 - 2008
1,956,596,000 - 2009
1,998,137,000 - 2010
2,070,494,000 - 2011

Oil Production

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
the big money Warren Buffet and Bill Gates bought into the Canadain Rail way that ships the oil from the Tar sands to the west coast to china where it is refined and sent back to the US along with with the Iraqi oil China gets from Israel..
Didn't Bush say the iraqi oil was going to pay for that slaughter?
yes he did
did it?
no it didn't
Israel is making large from it though

the oil executives said they were going to drop the price of oil
they warned people months ahead of time it was going down until the dubai went bankrupt
Which it did
Then the price went back up
it had NOTHING to do with Bush

vote fraud as has been proven time after time after time
will decide the next dictator of the American Sheeple.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

-------

wrong, he did not reject it...please quit lying.

Obama did more than just reject the Keystone Pipeline.

He picked up the phone and personally lobbied US Senators to kill the

Keystone Pipeline.

Seek the truth:- Obama Kills Keystone Pipeline -
edit on 24-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by rebellender
tying the US Dollar to OPEC is Treason

Absolutely spot on!

We do need to drill. Why Obama didnt take the Canadian oil deal,speaks volumes,on how he has pandered to the "green" initiative,and all its dirty money.

wrong...it speaks volumes to your ignorance of why he delayed it. but obviously you don't care, because it gets in the way of your real agenda.

hmmm.

My agenda is lowering Gas prices. First,I would kill the ridiculous tax on Gasoline. Second,I would let farmers grow crops,instead of subsidizing them. The World is crying out for food,and corn is being used to fuel the "green" consumption.Third,if you cant see Obamas agenda,the pandering,and the polarization of America,then the problem isn't being addressed with open eyes. I am very conscience of the environment,but I am also understanding that there are politics and MONEY at play also,when it comes to initiatives.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The United States consumes an average of 20 million barrels of oil per day (bbl/d, according to the Department of Energy. Of that, about 45 percent is used for motor gasoline. The rest is used for distillate fuel oil, jet fuel, residual fuel and other oils. Each barrel of oil contains 42 gallons (159 L), which yields 19 to 20 gallons (75 L) of gasoline. So, in the United States, something like 178 million gallons of gasoline is consumed every day.

wiki.answers.com...

A decade ago, 158 refineries operated in the United States and its territories and sporadic refinery
outages led many policy makers to advocate new refinery construction. Fears that crude oil
production was in decline also led to policies promoting alternative fuels and increased vehicle
fuel efficiency. Since the summer 2008 peak in crude oil prices, however, the U.S. demand for
refined petroleum products has declined, and the outlook for the petroleum refining industry in
the United States has changed.
In response to weak demand for gasoline and other refined products, refinery operators have
begun cutting back capacity, idling, and, in a few cases, permanently closing their refineries. By
current count, 124 refineries now produce fuel in addition to 13 refineries that produce lubricating
oils and asphalt. Even as the number of refineries has decreased, operable refining capacity has
actually increased over the past decade, from 16.5 million barrels/day to over 18 million
barrels/day. Cyclical economic factors aside, U.S. refiners now face the potential of long-term

www.fas.org...

consumed
20 million perday
produced
18 million barrels perday

OK
is the math simple enough?

VOTE FRAUD will make the DAY
just like it did for Bush
edit on 24-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-3-2012 by Danbones because: oooops linky

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

VOTE FRAUD will make the DAY
just like it did for Bush

Are you saying Obama or Romney are going to win the Presidency based on Voter fraud?

Just asking Dan......

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

dunno
obama has been the best return to investment president ever
if romney ( he has many of the same sponsers ) or whomever is vote rigged into the republican ticket can top that ....

wish I was a fly on the wall at the builderberg meeting

"it isn't who votes that counts its who counts the votes "J Stalin
then there is "Give me control of the issuence of currency......" the red Banker

say, the bankers funded Lenin and Mao too...rumor has it Obama is one too

obama apparently is decendant form King David
www.everlastingkingdom.info...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

We need Republican leadership back in the White House.

This is the face of presidential leadership. Raise your hand if you miss President Bush.

I'd rather piss glass than have that ass hat back in the oval office.

Not that it matters because Presidents have no power.
The people that own them and Congress do.

I love how the guy with the UFO avatar is anti-alternative fuel.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Are you talking about crude oil, or "refining" ?

Crude Oil Production (U.S.)
(barrels per year)

1,862,259,000 - 2006
1,848,450,000 - 2007
1,811,817,000 - 2008
1,956,596,000 - 2009
1,998,137,000 - 2010
2,070,494,000 - 2011

Oil Production

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

K....

Thanks for the clarification. Personally,as an Independent,I would love to see the 2 party system come to an end. I do believe to some extent,that its a game,when it comes to voting. To easy to manipulate whos going to win an election.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Is it possible to have a more asinine comparison given? When an accident occurs on the road, you end up killing yourself and possibly the others involved. It doesn't threaten mankind existence on an already stressed planet and eco system thanks to millions of gallons of crude oil being let out into our oceans. I don't have the exact number, but a tiny, TINY amount of oil can destroy 10x as much water if not more.

Off shore drilling if it's to continue needs to be totally changed in regards to the security and safety implementations. Plus, they need to be HELD RESPONSIBLE for what happens. No "Sorry!" can ever cut it. (I'm looking at you BP!)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Are you talking about crude oil, or "refining" ?

Crude Oil Production (U.S.)
(barrels per year)

1,862,259,000 - 2006
1,848,450,000 - 2007
1,811,817,000 - 2008
1,956,596,000 - 2009
1,998,137,000 - 2010
2,070,494,000 - 2011

Oil Production

You are going to love this. I found a better link to the July 2008 presidential event.

President George W. Bush lifted the moratorium on offshore drilling July 15, 2008.

Nancy Pelosi makes the following clueless statement.

"The Bush plan is a hoax. It will neither reduce gas prices nor increase energy

independence."

Nice try Nancy.

Here is the link to the story.
- Nancy Pelosi Looks Like a Fool -

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i agree with you on that
the party system is too easy to rig

if the people actually had the vote...
the buck might stop there where it is supposed to
......................................................................................................................................
as far as the chart above goes
the price of oil was rising mightily well before Obama put the moretorium on offshore drilling may 27 2010
so I think that shows that it had little to do with price

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

If you read the story at the link, you will see that CNN did a poll back in 2008.

CNN found that 73% of the American people favored more drilling !

73% agreed with President George W. Bush ! Look at the chart! He was right.

- CNN Poll : 73% Favor Drilling -2008 -

History is on my side.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Call it life experience, but 90% of the people I've met in the world shouldn't be allowed out of their homes without helmets. That poll just illustrates the number of morons in this country that believe the bull$h!t story that "oil is the only way."
That's assuming the poll was real to begin with. As we all know most polls are bought and paid for, kinda like elections. The fact that you not only approve of Bush's presidency, but don't understand why no one else does only serves to prove that you're on of the ones that should be sporting a helmet 24/7.

I mean, seriously? Do you have to remind yourself to breathe?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Call it life experience, but 90% of the people I've met in the world shouldn't be allowed out of their homes without helmets. That poll just illustrates the number of morons in this country that believe the bull$h!t story that "oil is the only way."
That's assuming the poll was real to begin with. As we all know most polls are bought and paid for, kinda like elections. The fact that you not only approve of Bush's presidency, but don't understand why no one else does only serves to prove that you're on of the ones that should be sporting a helmet 24/7.

I mean, seriously? Do you have to remind yourself to breathe?

Well that's a good option for you.

You can't win the argument because the numbers and the charts are irrefutable.

So clearly, the best thing to do is to start name calling. Good luck with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join