It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to ignore California impound law amid concern of fairness to illegal immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness
reply to post by jaynkeel

You ignored my questions, instead of spouting hate, answer the question. What would you do if you were in their shoes?

I'll answer if you don't mind. If these people are so poor, they would not be able to afford to leave their country, pay for stolen identities and fruadulant papers. Our poor people can't afford to go anywhere. Our poor ancestors came here legally and with great respect and gratitude.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Our poor ancestors came here legally and with great respect and gratitude.

The indigenous people of North America did not have such stringent immigrations requirements. I'm sure many would regret that now.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicConsciousness

You're truly full of hate of your fellow human beings. Why would it matter that they are here illegally. What would you do if you were in their shoes? Just because they are here illegally does not make them less human. They drive because it's needed for them to feed their families.

I live in Los Angeles and they setup checkpoints in minority areas at 3PM when people are getting out of work and trying to get back to their families. If you lived here you would truly understand. But it's pretty obvious that you do not.

Your hate filled mentality is what's bringing this country down, not the illegals.
Your backwards way of thinking is what is truly wrong with this country. Not just you, but many on reply to this thread. It's sickening.

Just because someone is against illegal immigration and want our laws enforced doesn't mean we are hateful. No one says that illegals are not humans. They drive because it's needed to feed their families? What about the millions of citizens who have been displaced in the workforce because of illegals? What about their families? We have more tent cities now than ever before. Homeless shelters are perpetually filled to capacity. In the colder climates, many don't make it through the winter.

You do realize that by allowing illegals in, you are also allowing people in with no background checks, no healthchecks, murderers, rapists and thieves also come through. You know this yet call people against illegal immigration haters?

Have you heard about the young man who was run over and dragged down the street by an illegal? He isn't alive today to tell the story. Perhaps the story of the man who lost both his wife and daughter when they came out of a dance class and got run over and killed by an illegal, have you heard that one? How about the teen girl who lost both her legs due to an illegal drunken driver? I could go on and on. You still think illegals should be here? Have you ever lost a family member because the laws were not enforced? Have you?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

The indigenous people of North America did not have such stringent immigrations requirements. I'm sure many would regret that now.

AHAH!!! And that is precisely why WE ought to have stringent immigration requirements. After all, we wouldn't want to end up like the native americans, would we? (Their culture and society was decimated.)

I sympathize with the plight of these immigrants, just like I sympathize with starving children in Africa or stray animals on the street. That doesn't mean that I can help ALL of them. Trying to help all of them would just make me a crazy cat lady and turn my house upside down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I also have some native Indian ancestory first coming from Canada because thier tribe was almost completely wiped out. Not by the white man but by another tribe. They were then welcomed by tribes here. Yes I am sure they regret what happened when the white man came along, but keep in mind that tribes also had wars amongst themselves. In any case, not a single man alive today has anything to do with what happened all those years ago. Today we have laws for a reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So they are going to stop enforcing a law because the people breaking it are also breaking another law?
Makes perfect sense!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanityisawful
So they are going to stop enforcing a law because the people breaking it are also breaking another law?
Makes perfect sense!

I think you just summed up Political Correctness taken to the ultimate conclusion.

If anyone is wondering, I think I saw Common Sense running full speed toward the setting sun....I'm betting we don't see it back for a long time.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

I dare ya to enter Mexico illegally and then report back to the warm welcome that you
received at the hand of the Mexican military/police.

It is nearly as difficult for an American to enter Mexico illegally as it is for a Mexican to enter the US legally. BUT it is much harder for an American to obtain work in Mexico than it is for a Mexican to obtain work in the US. The US could easily keep unlawful immigrants from obtaining employment or services but the fact of the matter is they have no desire to do so, regardless of what any politician tells you.

ETA: I should offer a clarification here. Many of whom are being called "Mexican" are actually Hispanics from other Central American countries as Honduras, Guatamala, El Salvador, etc. The Mexican economy is actually doing fairly well and the great majority have no desire to leave.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Show me please!
I read on another thread here where people who goto Mexico because its better than where they are get shot at by the Mexican army! In this country, law enforcement looks the other way if you are illegal, if we took up shooting illegals at the border when they were crossing, I bet that illegal entries would go down significantly!
Now as far as an American getting a job there, that I dont know about...that has been never covered in all talks regarding Mexico.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

"California state law, which requires police to impound the vehicles of unlicensed drivers for 30 days. "

Cali law requires no such thing.. check out 22651(p)vc and various other California "storage authorities".. required to justify impound.

LAPD was already ignoring Cali law by impounding cars (for profit) where a licensed driver was present, vehicle was legally parked or where the owner was willing to sign a liability waiver.

..see, LA City runs "OPG Tow", Official Police Garage.. makes about $11 million a year for the city by ignoring laws... stealing cars, charging outrageous release fees / auctions..

It was a local govt scam that finally got curbed.. a small win for the little guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanityisawful
Makes perfect sense!

Which law are "they" ignoring? 22651(p)vc perhaps?.... who are "they"?.. LAPD?

LAPD is only 1 of almost 30 LA county police departments..

LAPD specifically is no longer ignoring the laws which allow sober licensed driver occupants to take possession of cars, or that allow legally parked cars to remain where they are..

These laws were ignored by LAPD to help OPG tow yard make $11 million a year profits. The other 29 or so police depts that aren't mentioned, most, unlike LAPD, followed the storage authority laws allowing licensed occupants possession / legally parked to remain.

The illegal immigrant issue is a red herring.. more citizens get screwed by far... A driver is a driver according to California law.. until so called illegal people glow bright yellow.. you're just gonna have to accept they appear to cops as "people"... who drive cars, sometimes unlicensed.

Joe moto cop could care less if someone is "legal" or not.. they're either licensed or un licensed, registered..or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I also have some native Indian ancestory first coming from Canada because thier tribe was almost completely wiped out. Not by the white man but by another tribe. They were then welcomed by tribes here. Yes I am sure they regret what happened when the white man came along, but keep in mind that tribes also had wars amongst themselves. In any case, not a single man alive today has anything to do with what happened all those years ago. Today we have laws for a reason.

Myself too, one-sixteenth Native American. My mother's generation in our family was the last that could claim heritage rights (one-eighth) though none did. The rest of me the usual European mix, Basque, Swedish, Scotch-Irish, typical American.

Immigrations into the US was not too difficult for quite a long time and for the same reasons as illegals are prized now, cheap labor. After the labor movement things got tougher and temporary labor immigrations were more valued. Eventually it became apparent that anyone in the US legally could demand proper working conditions and that would cut into the economic advantage. It was just better for the employers to have workers who were not in a position to make demands - and most would not have if not for the labor union organizers. Now there is a compliant workforce of persons whose stay in the country is tenuous and have to remain low-profile.

You may label the double-standard we have now to be a matter of greed, economics, necessity, or what-have-you, but the real reason for it being as it is cannot be explained to the American citizenry by the people putting this into effect, i.e., the lawmakers/politicians and the corporations/business owners, as it is just a wee bit shady and just not politic to disclose. Besides, it gives the American voter something to complain about and something for the politician to promise that will never be carried out. Any politician promising to build border walls and fences has in mind boondoggle projects that will spend your tax money but accomplish absolutely nothing regarding stopping illegal immigrations.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I surely hope these officers provide that same respect/privilege to non-licensed citizens. If so, good for them. My next request would be to voluntarily close up shop and give the tax money back to the people so more of these immigrants can be employed for production.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Mexico has some problems at its southern border as well, and they do not have a policy that welcomes unlawful immigrants in the back door to perform cheap labor. If you want gainful employment or receive government benefits in Mexico you are required to show your credentials and prove your validity.

My post was about it being more difficult for Americans to enter Mexico illegally than it is for Mexicans to enter the US legally. There are few circumstances where it would be illegal for an American to enter Mexico. You need nothing to enter Mexico if you plan to stay in the border regions. If you intend to go beyond that you can receive a visitor's permit which is good for up to 6 months. There is a small fee for the permit and is included in your plane fare.

I have known people that have visited in Mexico, walked across at the border then travelled further in unchecked and not knowing that they were supposed to obtain a visitor's permit. In one case that comes to mind a couple friends visited Tijuana then flew into Morelia and visited myself and a friend here without permits. They could have left the same way and never been questioned but instead decided to fly back to Los Angeles. It was when they boarded their flight in Mexico to return to the US that they were asked to relinquish their permits, as is customary, then discovered they did not have such so were given a fine of around $25 or so. No one shot at them or threatened to take them to jail. It might have been different if they refused to pay the fine though, I reason.

ETA: I understand the US now requires a passport to re-enter the US so there may be some mechanism at the crossing to ensure you have one. This has gone into effect since I last entered Mexico so I do not know how that is done. I have not left Mexico since 2007 for even a brief visit back to the states since that time.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I know several tow operators here very well; the information I posted is based on their experience. Those contracts here are a towing company's bread and butter. If California is operating as you say, why would anyone accept a contract that costs them money?

That is still also secondary to the issue, which is why are laws being ignored by the arm of the government tasked with upholding them, especially when upholding the law is the only thing the courts have identified as being a police officers duty?

I will say after reading reports about this travesty stating that the real impetus behind the idea is the political offices and not the police in general, that I am relieved at least to hear that.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I was going by a) the info posted by the OP and b) my unknowledge of the US state of affairs and c) my love of humanity as a whole. As for your insults and reference to drug use, I think you'll find I have a little more respect for myself. Quite why ATS tolerates references to all kinds of drugs except one is a complete mystery to me. The one I'm thinking of is the least harmful one out there.
Actually I find being called a liberal a compliment. I won't say what you sound like as one good insult probably doesn't deserve another.

I guess you missed the part where I said IF the paper work of the vehicle is in order though, in your haste to make your comments. Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mayor Villaraigosa only has a year left on his term and he can no longer serve after that and I can't wait for that traitor to be out of office.

He declared/affirmed Los Angeles a 'Sanctuary City" with his own mouth. That is an UNDUE and UNFAIR tax burden on the State of California and should be illegal. Everyone who lives in a Sanctuary City should bring class action lawsuits and the Feds should withhold all aid or funding to Sanctuary cities.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why do illegal immigrants seem to have more rights than we do?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by humanityisawful

You can thank your elected officials for that one.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
He declared/affirmed Los Angeles a 'Sanctuary City" with his own mouth. That is an UNDUE and UNFAIR tax burden on the State of California and should be illegal. Everyone who lives in a Sanctuary City should bring class action lawsuits and the Feds should withhold all aid or funding to Sanctuary cities.

It is odd isn't it how Holder and his crew are "Johnny on the spot" when a State tries to enforce immigration law which is in all fairness a federal issue. I guess the States wouldn't feel the need to step in if the federal gov't did its job.

However, there are many self declared "sanctuary cities" in America and not once has the Justice Department swooped in to ensure that the laws are enforced.

It’s almost like one could come to the conclusion that don't want them enforced....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Mayor Villaraigosa only has a year left on his term and he can no longer serve after that and I can't wait for that traitor to be out of office.

They'll put another racist MECha member to fill the spot I'm sure. I'm out of this insane asylum soon so good luck to all Californians, it's going to get worse.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join