It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new theory about giants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
could giants have been genetically created as a slave race by ancient man they were educated in the art of building and war they were taught only what they needed to know to serve their purpose and when their purpose was served they were destroyed..........

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
ancient man making giants? doesnt sound right..

dinosaurs were huge, why not giants living along side them. sound more right to me

maybe they died out same time as the dinosaurs
edit on 23-3-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

i find it interesting but unlikely! why would they have killed them all? there's still plenty of wars in their plans!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I always thought that the legendary "giants of old days" (in the Bible) could have been a legend spun around the discovery of bones - skeletons - of ancient giant animals.

As ever, I am willing to be proven wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

maybe man saw that they were becoming too powerful i dont know its just a theory i came up with to play around with and have some fun with

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They were created by the annunaki breeding with the human women. Thus Nepilium
edit on 23-3-2012 by KingArthur because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I always thought that the legendary "giants of old days" (in the Bible) could have been a legend spun around the discovery of bones - skeletons - of ancient giant animals.

As ever, I am willing to be proven wrong.

Maybe you're right but..

Unless someone is willing to falsefy or to spice things up in an important tale/ account, they would use the bones of we now know is a T-Rex and hide its skull, legs and show a rib.

In my opinion there must be truth in this story about giants. To be sure it is a giant one would dig to see what skull does belong to the "giant" bones.

But then again it would not be the first time a crazy and corrupt prophet or scientist is misleading the crowd with false data.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
could giants have been genetically created as a slave race by ancient man they were educated in the art of building and war they were taught only what they needed to know to serve their purpose and when their purpose was served they were destroyed..........
I like your mind, pushing the boundaries of the matrix.

Slaves in general are only given the intellectual and mechanical tools to accomplish what they are enslaved for. If they posses or acquire more tools than is minimally required, they become a liability to their owners. The "Owners" will deal with the situation, one way, or the other.

could giants have been genetically created as a slave race
No doubt about it. There is much to the story, but this is what lead to there present mind set. From Pauper to Prince mind set.

There were Giants in the Earth in those days, and afterwards
The attempt to destroy all of them was not completely successful.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

That is a good argument.
However, bones could be scattered, especially bones of such age, and only the rib cage would be showing.
Or maybe a skull - its shape - could be misinterpreted as a human-like skull.
Or maybe not.

Again, it's just a thought, and I am serious when I say I like to be proven wrong. :-)

In my opinion there must be truth in this story about giants.

There is no doubt in my mind that there must have been a very good reason for any such legend to arise.
Legends are not spun out of thin air. No question about that.
The question is, WHAT exactly was it that gave rise to this particular legend.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Your on to some thing. Probly found a way to mutate the human dna (or alien conception, anunaki). Teach them about some god and how to serv him. Use them for building or other duties then sacrice them to their god. it would be easy to move rocks that weight tons with an army of these giants. My .02¢

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
here's some excerpts from the Atrahasis the Babylonian Flood Story it has some weird features not found in other texts but elaborates on the rebellion of the The Igigi Gods who

[21] The gods were digging watercourses, canals they opened, the life of the land. The Igigi-gods were digging watercourses canals they opened, the life of the land. [25] The Igigi-gods dug the Tigris river and the Euphrates thereafter. Springs they opened from the depths, wells ... they established. ... They heaped up all the mountains.

they rebelled with weapons and violence so the Annuna Gods decided to make man

[190] Let the midwife create a human being! Let man assume the drudgery of the god." They summoned and asked the goddess the midwife of the gods, wise Mami:[1] "Will you be the birth goddess, creatress of mankind?

the thing I find interesting about this is it talks about genetic manipulation in pretty clear terms eons before we had a clue about how to do it and Sitchin didn't write it!!
and now it gets creepy

[205] and said to the great gods: "On the first, seventh, and fifteenth days of the month, let me establish a purification, a bath. Let one god be slaughtered, then let the gods be cleansed by immerson

here's a link if you want to read it www.livius.org...

I take away from this a reference to previous epochs of civilizations that existed on Earth with the capability of using genetic manipulation. maybe they were giants?? certainly they were not us

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

no...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by zatara

That is a good argument.
However, bones could be scattered, especially bones of such age, and only the rib cage would be showing.
Or maybe a skull - its shape - could be misinterpreted as a human-like skull.
Or maybe not.

Again, it's just a thought, and I am serious when I say I like to be proven wrong. :-)

In my opinion there must be truth in this story about giants.

There is no doubt in my mind that there must have been a very good reason for any such legend to arise.
Legends are not spun out of thin air. No question about that.
The question is, WHAT exactly was it that gave rise to this particular legend.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

What gave rise..? I don't know...maybe they are mentioned because they play a part in a much bigger story/ myth?

An other reason to believe there must be some truth in the existance of giants is the mentioning of them in many cultures spread all over the world. Can't be coincedence...can it?

Just like you I have much difficulty to accept what was real in some of these weird ancient stories. The thing that troubles me most at this time is if there are forces at work that do everything in their power to bury such evidence from public knowledge.

I mean, any normal functioning university would consider it a challenge to place bones and any other evidence of giants in the history of the earth. But as it is, mainstream scientist avoid such subjects academicly as the plague.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

What gave rise..? I don't know...maybe they are mentioned because they play a part in a much bigger story/ myth?

An other reason to believe there must be some truth in the existance of giants is the mentioning of them in many cultures spread all over the world. Can't be coincedence...can it?

Yes it can, saying your enemies are giants is a common myth amongst humans; as is considering them ugly, cannibals and worshippers of demons or devils

Just like you I have much difficulty to accept what was real in some of these weird ancient stories. The thing that troubles me most at this time is if there are forces at work that do everything in their power to bury such evidence from public knowledge.

Who are these powers? Why have they failed so utterly and completely to 'bury' this?

I mean, any normal functioning university would consider it a challenge to place bones and any other evidence of giants in the history of the earth. But as it is, mainstream scientist avoid such subjects academicly as the plague.

Lack of evidence, can you explain why a catholic university would avoid this subject? An Islamic one (their religion believes in giants too) as do the Shinto's, etc, etc, the problem is a lack of evidence and the present realization that 'giants' (while there are real human giants) are a myth

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Phlegon of Tralles in his book of Marvels, details a number of 'giant' skeletons. They were quite popular amongst the ancient Greeks by his account. They were generally washed up in storms, stashed in big urns and kept in cave sanctuaries. If I recall correctly, they were mostly, later, found to be 'sea beasts' of one form or another, but at the time, again according the Phlegon, they were considered to be the bone of giants. They were generally incomplete skeletons, a tooth, a rib cage, that kind of thing.

I kind of imagine, personally, that the ancients were very little removed from the mentality of those that visited freak shows and other spectacles in the 20th century, and that there were plenty of ancient Greek Barnum's to take advantage of those 'born every minute'.

en.wikipedia.org...

books.google.co.uk... s&hl=en#v=onepage&q=phlegons%20book%20of%20marvels&f=false

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
'Moderns' often don't remember that ancients to not so ancients saw and wondered about fossils which in some places are on the surface. Huge bones were of course the bones of monsters, titans and giants

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Nice jug. Interestingly, Phlegon details one that had a jaw bone with two sets of teeth...which although not quite what is depicted on your photo, which seems more like a mismatch of two different creatures skull parts put together, is reminiscient of his accounts. We are a little more refined when it comes to oddities these days, having more knowledge as support, but it still pervades, that general curiousity for the novel and unusual.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Yes, definitley, novelty and the strange attracts - I wonder if he was talking about a sharks jaw?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Biliverdin

Yes, definitley, novelty and the strange attracts - I wonder if he was talking about a sharks jaw?

Precisely my thought! In our current state we take certain things for granted, but Phlegon specifically refers to the relationship between these 'artifacts' and sea storms. So creatures, like sharks, which die at sea and are not normally washed up, without the benefit of scuba equipment would be novel.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No, because there is no archeological evidence to suggest this. So I suppose it depends on your definition of possible, it's possible Giants came from the land of Oz after the wicken witch of the west drove them out. There is zero evidence to suggest either of these occured though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join