It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Livingstone: I will make London a beacon of Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not like the torries havn't got the nation wrapped up for the forseeable future.

And we can't even afford to drown our sorrows anymore, while they rob us blind either.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

If London does become a beacon of islam, I wonder how long
it will be before someone tries doing the same thing in D.C.?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

thats a food for thought
the sheep will follow like lemmings
lets hope not though
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

Its not like they have had much of a choice is it, they have had to give a lot of policies up to the liberals and were left with nearly £1 trillion worth of debt and a shrinking economy. The very fact that this website stands for deny ignorance, I'd have thought that you might have been able to see past the end of your own nose.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
MSM tends to exaggerate and mis-interpret most of what 'Red' Ken has to say.

He has been known to talk some sense occassionally and has some reasonably ok policies, however, the vast majority of what he advocates is complete and utter nonsense.

And to be fair, to my knowledge this is some of the biggest load of bollocks he's ever come out with and it is typical of the PC do-gooders, apologist, self-haters that seem to flourish in Londonistan and it's environs.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It wasn't me or the working classes who put us in the S**t was it?
So why should we have too carry the can for rich peoples mistakes?...If it was a mistake.
Also this is suppose to be about binge drinkin, not money.
I wonder if they will be putting up the prices in the tax payer subsidised bars and cafe's in westminister...i don't think so.

Ateast they're all in it together..sorry I mean we're all in it together

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Well actually, indirectly, yes you certainly contributed. For example, cheap mortgage rates, low (and no) interest loans, etc. These have benefited the working class significantly but totally screwed over the economy.

However, i realise it wasn't deliberate so you are forgiven!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71

It wasn't me or the working classes who put us in the S**t was it?
So why should we have too carry the can for rich peoples mistakes?...If it was a mistake.
Also this is suppose to be about binge drinkin, not money.
I wonder if they will be putting up the prices in the tax payer subsidised bars and cafe's in westminister...i don't think so.

Ateast they're all in it together..sorry I mean we're all in it together

It was the working classes who put us in this mess as it was everybody else. The bank bailouts is only a tiny portion of our national debt and we will eventually sell our shares in the banks, wether we make or lose money is a different point, but it was Brown who got us the bad deal there when we were in the position of power over the banks.

The reason why I say it is our fault, is because we keep voting in the parties based on how much they will spend on us and how much benefits or tax relief we will get in return. It is our fault for not voting with intelligence and questioning if we can afford to pay for what the government is offering us. It is our fault for demanding a public sector that is well beyond our means.

So in a word it is everybodys fault who has voted for the governments that have put us in this mess.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Well actually, indirectly, yes you certainly contributed. For example, cheap mortgage rates, low (and no) interest loans, etc. These have benefited the working class significantly but totally screwed over the economy.

However, i realise it wasn't deliberate so you are forgiven!

And here's me going too work, paying the rent, trying to put food on the table and shoes on my kids feet, minding my own business, thinking it was the wealthy, ruthless ruling elite that are ruining the country...but it was me all along....thank's for your forgiveness, and I'm sorry

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Your Labours dream voter, playing into the hands of their disinformation and blaming everything on the greedy bankers rather than the real culprits the government who were in charge when it happened.

Well guess what bankers have always been greedy and ruthless, nothing new here.

edit on 23-3-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The rich got greedy and screwed us over, no doubt. However, most our nations debt is the result of excessive borrowing - the belief we could live on the never never.

Mortgages are a good case in point. For a very long time, (when Building Societies were in charge of mortgages) it was believed that a mortgage should never exceed 3 to 4 times your annual salary. It started under Thatcher and skyrocketed when New Labour got in power that this figure was blown out of the water. Mortgages could suddenly be granted, usually up to 8 times annual salary but sometimes even higher than this. This created a totally unsustainable debt bubble - and tens of thousands worldwide have lost their homes.

That is only one aspect of it and it is driven by the desire for cheap debt - and for that we are all responsible.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I'm afraid you're wrong.

The majority of people did not vote for a coalition, or for The Tory Party.

Just as in the previous elections the majority of British people did not vote for The Labour Party.

The fault lies with the outdated and unrepresentative party political and electoral systems which ensure the continuation of the status quo with the 'jobs for the boys' culture which puts personal advancement and gain and adhesion to rigid and old fashioned party dogma before the interests and cares and concerns of the British people.

But I suspect we have strayed somewhat from the topic of the thread; Red Ken and his plans for Londonistan.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yes, good point, back on topic......

If nothing else, you can always rely on Ken to offer sound bites for whichever particular audience he has today.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

However, most our nations debt is the result of excessive borrowing - the belief we could live on the never never.

Mortgages are a good case in point.

But this was the dream Thatcher sold the British working classes.
And like idiots they couldn't see past their noses and bought it hook, line and sinker.
Thatcher persuaded the local councils to sell off the majority of council houses and not build any more.
This forced young people into the private property market which in turn fuelled spiralling house costs.
People were forced to take mortgages they couldn't afford, and the rest as they say is history.

And to be fair, people were seduced by the promise of quick money - buy what yopu want NOW.
In the 80's and 90's it was impssible to go anywhere without seeing advertising for credit cards, bank loans etc, all at 'affordable' rates, blah, blah, blah.....
And who made the killing?
The bankers made millions, billions even, possibly trillions.
The very bankers who were making even more money playing their games in the stock markets and in international banking etc.
And when it all went tits up what happened?
Of course, the government, this time an alleged Labour one, used public funding to bail those self same bankers out.
And of course they tried to blame their working classes for the wreckless borrowing which had made the bankers enormous amounts of wealth.

The bankers and the corporate bosses have been screwing this country over and bleeding us, the people, dry for centuries now and still we sit back and bitch at each other and let them keep their greedy noses in the trough as they feed us the scraps and brainwash us into believing they are doing us a favour by doing so.

ETA.

Apologies everyone for the rant, missed my usual Thursday night rant at Question Time so I was well overdue one.
I should know better.
edit on 23/3/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Sorry I don't agree that the working classes had anything too do with this, the working classes have been s**t on from a great height.

Job's outsourced to third world countries
Importation of cheap labour from third world countries on a scale never seen before...And if you don't embrace this with open arms your branded a racist and ignored.
Constent propaganda stereotyping of british workers as being lazy by the MSM.
Banksters mess everything up, we get punished for it..they still get to keep they're big bonuses.

So imagine your job has gone to someone who will do it for half the price, your struggling to make ends meet, the rent needs paying, you need to pay bills put food on the table etc, etc. Than the fairy god banker comes along and says hey we'll lend you some money to tide you over. who's gonna say no...who can afford to say no.
The banks should of known not to lend these people money, knowing they can't pay it back.

But I'm no expert in finacial matters, but it just seems that we're getting the stinky end of the stick, and it p***es me off.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Whilst true, it still doesn't detract from the fact that all of us have played a role in this. Every time you have used credit to buy something, everytime you have got a low interest loan, you are buying into a false promise.

Claiming ignorance or blaming others doesn't change this. It helps to have scapegoats. The bankers (top level) have shown exactly what sort of greedy manipulative people they actually are. Sadly though, this is mirrored in ourselves for buying into it (and continuing to do so).

Whilst i do not dispute that we have been bombarded with credit card and loan adds for a long time now, no one was forced to take on credit. This is something people did freely of their own will.

Even when it comes to mortgages that should never have been issued at rates people couldn't afford, they were happy to go along with the deception believing they would get a house out of it.

So i am sorry, but whilst the rich bankers have acted abhorrently, the rest of us have to take a long hard look in the mirror. Many mortgage insiders predicted exactly this outcome when things started to change and they were shot down as doom laden naysayers because people could only see pound signs instead of reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

See, that's the mindset that they have us believing in.

They've screwed us over and manipulated us into thinking that some how it's partly our fault that they they've screwed us over, manipulated and exploited us all to their benefit.

It's pretty much the same as The Catholic Church indoctrinating their guilt thing into it's followers and the whole Christian 'your reward is after you die' nonsense.

Bollocks to that says I!

I want my piece of the cake NOW!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Start learning to rub your third eye on your prayer mats and praying 5 times a day. Also start learning to say "Alllah'u'Ahkbar" because Sharia Law is coming to a nation near you. i give you less than 10 years and GB will be in the grip of Muhammad's rotted fist.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

They already are. Thomas Jefferson was muslim, he even owned a Quran and it's in the Library of Congress with his name written in the cover in his handwriting.

The Beast of the Sea and the Beast of the Earth are emerging.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Bring on the Ken roadshow,

Will there be a burger van there ? Hot dogs and bacon butties all round if so .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join