It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Livingstone: I will make London a beacon of Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Ken Livingstone has promised to turn London into a “beacon” for the words of the Prophet Mohammed in a sermon at one of the capital’s most controversial mosques.

Mr Livingstone, Labour’s candidate for mayor of London, pledged to “educate the mass of Londoners” in Islam, saying: “That will help to cement our city as a beacon that demonstrates the meaning of the words of the Prophet.” Mr Livingstone described Mohammed’s words in his last sermon as “an agenda for all humanity.”

He praised the Prophet’s last sermon, telling his audience: “I want to spend the next four years making sure that every non-Muslim in London knows and understands [its] words and message.” He also promised to “make your life a bit easier financially.”

Mr Livingstone has been dogged by allegations of links to Islamic fundamentalism. In 2010, in the London borough of Tower Hamlets, he campaigned against his own party’s candidate to back a controversial independent politician, Lutfur Rahman, sacked by Labour for his links to a Muslim extremist group, the Islamic Forum of Europe (IFE).

Morning all
as you some of you excellent members know
I Hate Religion especially the radicals and i make no apology for it

Ken Livingston is a very dangerous man and not to be trusted (like all politicians)
he is thief a lier and a bloody warmonger
at least boris seems to be a dopey git and easily lead but thats just imo
actualy i retract that, the easily lead could be the more dangerous
any way peeps this could get a bit messy
im saying no more on this but would appreciate a couple of thoughts though
im not in london, what do you londeners think?
cheers
dave

(sorry if posted i did search)
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 23-3-2012 by davesmart because: link

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Absolutely not to be trusted, neither him or his team which includes Jowell. I'm in London and they are going to be doing a Ken roadshow in my Borough to try and eat into Boris's doughnut. Hee Hee i cant wait, i'm def going and i'm going to be calling all of them liars. How much did they say the Olympics were going to cost ? 3 billion and how much actually ?Liars. Ken couldn't keep a promise if his life depended on it. If i had a pound for every time he said he's been misquoted i'd never have to work again. I'm in West London, so all the new facilities are in the east yet i'll never use them but have to pay for them, as i live in London, whereas people on the doorstep in Herts and Essex didn't have to pay a council tax precept and are in a much better position to use said facilities.

Bring on the Ken roadshow, with a bit of luck i'll end up in the paper as the heckler who made them look stupid, trust me i'm doing / have done my homework

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

hya ffs
cheers for your thoughts
hope you do a good job, without getting arrested
and come back with some great pics
good luck m8
dave

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well what with his tax dodging, attacks on the Jewish community and now this, i really do'nt think anyone will elect him anyway to be honest. Frankly, he embarrasses himself more and more every year.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

lets hope your right
im pretty sure hes got the muslim vote though
i dont think that will ever be enough
then again stranger things have hapend
dave

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thats all we'll need

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
ken liveunderastone............
what are you doing?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well I don't think any Jews are going to vote for him, thats for sure.

blogs.telegraph.co... .uk/news/andrewgilligan/100145765/ken-livingstone-jews-wont-vote-for-me-because-they-are-rich/

I can't work out if he Is just trying too secure the muslim vote, or he is actually being brainwashed by the people he's alligning himself with....If I was a jew or gay living in London, I'd be very weary of Mr Livingstone and his cronies.

edit on 23-3-2012 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You underestimate the stupidity of the masses and those that would vote for a tree just because its wearing a red rose. That coupled with his 7% fare reduction on the tube. i take it everyday and i'd rather pay a bit more for newer Infrastructure than have a fair drop that he will more than double the next time he gets a chance. In the paper last night he was saying that he wants to control every aspect of London saying that whitehall cant run hospitals etc, i dont trust him to run them either. He panders to whichever 'minority group' he thinlks will do him good, muslims when it suits, gay rights when it suits, rich jews when it suits, newt fanciers oh you get my drift

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

You underestimate the stupidity of the masses and those that would vote for a tree just because its wearing a red rose.

This is a problem, people treat political parties like football team's, loyal to the very end even though they prove time and again, they don't give a [snipped] about you. If I had a pound for evey time I heard someone say, well I have too labour because my dad voted labour and his dad voted labour i'd be a rich man.
edit on Fri Mar 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

This guy is a serious threat too our National Security and should be arrested for such.

I have some very good, family orientated members of the Muslim community, but as we all know their are many extreme versions and this will play right into their hands.

Arrest the traitor.

thedogsblogocks

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It's a pretty poor choice of candidates really. Boris , Ken or Brian Paddick. I guess we get the comedy value with Boris, but seeing as I don't live in London anymore, I don't really care. It's up to Londoners to decide.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
HAHAHA the desperation of the man.
What a slimy plonker.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm a regular user of all of TFL's services and a 7% reduction is, lets be honest, [snipped]

Your totally correct. He panders to whichever minority suits him at the time.

The scary thing is like you say, he wears the rose so people will vote for him. Unfortunatly the UK seems to be embroiled in a bitter battle of red v blue. I regularly debate with my mum as she is a avid labour supporter. She simply will not give up support, no matter how many times i show her what labour done to this country and how the conservatives are coping with it now. While i am no avid supporter of the conservative party i also feel that if labour were in power we would be a LOT worse off than we are now.

Yes, Thatcher [snipped] us over, but we need to let it go and move forward. Unfortunatly labour have done a excellant job of brain washing half the country to the tune of 'the working man's party' and will always get support.

Ed Miliband called the most recent budget 'The rich mans budget'

Informed estimates of Ed Miliband's wealth put him at £2.5 million, his shadow cabinet has a few more millionaires in it too.

Source: twitter.com...#!/GuidoFawkes/statuses/164681994440146944

Hmmm

EDIT: I'm all for Boris! He makes me laugh and he did introduce those nifty little bicycles...

edit on 23-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Mar 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm quite surprised, i thought there would have been more people, sorry anyone supporting Ken, although i suppose it is still early for the left to be up either that or all outside enjoying the sun, while the rest of us work (trolling i know, but i just cant resist it sometimes)

I have to agree with the above, Boris is probably the best choice out of a pretty poor showing. Just the fact he's threatened Crow and his cronies (should that now be crownies) with driverless trains gets my vote. Crow is another hypocrite cut from the same cloth as Ken. Take his salary and living in a council house, C**k. then there's the all out lads safety is a priority, those victoria line trains are dangerous, then it's all out the Government should have given the new train contract to Bombardier, this is the same company that makes/ made the dangerous trains on the Vic line. C'mon Bob which is it. Why cant you get your union mates at Bombardier to make the trains right in the first place then you wouldn't have to strike about them being dangerous, what an a$$ewipe
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think Red Ken embarrasses Labour as much as himself to be honest. However, this issue really doesn't affect me one or the other - being oop Noorf i have no say anyway.

I would be amazed if he wins though.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

I'm up, just about. If I still lived in London, I doubt I would vote for Boris Johnson, but then Ken is no alternative really, so probably being a lazy lefty, I would just stay in bed and not vote. Not like the torries havn't got the nation wrapped up for the forseeable future.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Only 21 minutes left of work then I'll be enjoying the sun

From a train carriage

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That statement is treasonous as far as I am concerned, London is our capital and the UK is officially a Christian State. Islam has its beacon it is called Mecca that thats where it should stay. To claim that you are going to turn London into a Islamic Capital is treason and he should be tried for this, what a tosser. Being tollerant to religion is fine, and allowing other faiths to practice their religion and have their places of worship is fine, but there is a line to how far tollerances should go and Livingston has just jumped that line by a mile. I hope this seals his fate of not being re-elected the man is pure slime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join