It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have opened up some extensive real time seismic monitoring in Wisconsin- For the rumbles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I drive thru Clintonville on the way to my cottage and there are no expressways anywhere near this city. To me, this whole ordeal is funny because the town is so small. Main street is literally 3 city blocks long.

After seeing this story go so main stream, reluctantly I am going to say its because we are more connected these days.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There are seismic waves generated when they are felt and I'm sure you will see it. The question is are they fully attributed to a natural phenomena or are they been triggered by some human underground activity.

I believe humans are involved but proving this is going to be difficult.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

S&F for working to further science! Let me share my ideas on this. I call it a hypothesis below, but really I'm just throwing it against the wall to see if it'll stick.
Makes sense to me though...

Anyone: feel free to critique, destroy, add too, share, steal or manipulate my idea as you see fit. I'm never going to research/publish on this topic, so if you want to run with it, good luck!

Here it is: My hypothesis was inspired from the Michigan State University's work on the "Michigan Crack" last year (MenomineeCrack/MSU). In a nutshell, UofM determined that shallow limestone bedrock can store earlier stress, and violently de-stress (pop-up). This is a phenomenon observed often in quarries in the region, but never "in situ" before the Michigan Crack occurred.

The stress energy released by the bedrock was originally introduced by glacial depression. The extreme weight of the ice on the crust of the earth created a sinking and pressurizing effect on the rock below. Once the ice had receded, the process of glacial rebound (uplifting) began. The ~10,000 yrs since the ice left is only a split second in the geologic timeline, so it is no surprise that some rocks are still storing energy from the glaciation event.

My hypothesis is that the granites below this particular town are also storing stress energy from the last glaciation. We know that if granites in a state of stress are quickly de-stressed (i.e. drilling a tunnel), those granites can "explode" and fail (pop-up, as limestone). Here's some supporting evidence: www.eugowra.aus.net...

Is it then possible that when large-scale naturally occurring stressors are quickly removed from the granite, there comes a point where the shallower subsurface granites de-stress violently? (Please keep "quickly" and "point" in a geologic perspective!)

If this is indeed true, both the localized and mild nature of the quakes are addressed, and very possibly the noises heard. Siesmo stations probably wouldn't pick these pops up as EQ's either, because they are likely localized and shallow, and don't behave (stress-wise) the same as any of the 3 types of faults.

edit on 23-3-2012 by blamethegreys because: typos

edit on 23-3-2012 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hello I am a new user to AboveTopSecret and follow conspiracy theories and ufology. Based on what I have read about secret experimental aircraft, I believe the booms to be reports from some type of pulse engine, as evidenced by Nick Pope on a UFO documentary I saw. He actually provided a satellite photograph of a contrail from this alleged craft, which looked like "doughnuts on a rope." Each 'doughnut' was an explosion from the propulsion system, and the 'rope' was exhaust in between these momentum-providing explosions. Basically the craft relies on sequential explosions, I think electromagnetically or ion propulsion, to gain ever-increasing velocity. The same principle as the V3 Cannon used by the Germans in WWII, except in different form. The area does not have a geological or fault line history.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I lived in OR for several years. I was within yards of the ocean and had a amazing view. One night after living there a short time, I heard a low rumbling. I heard it several nights in a row. So I finally asked if whale song could be heard over the water (as this was my only logical solution) there was no heavy industry that would account for such sound.

I was laughed at. I've heard it for a long time, off and on. With more volume and freguency lately. It gives me chills.

Very interesting. In 2010 on vacation, my husband and kids and I were staying in Garibaldi and going up the road to Rockaway Beach every day. One day, while eating lunch back at the hotel in Garibaldi, a cup of water on the table started sloshing around, just vibrating pretty good, even though the kids weren't running around and the train wasn't going past or anything. The vibrating conituned and we could feel it under our feet, kind of like a light rumble or gentle shaking. After ruling everything else out, including housekeeping (we were the only people staying in the hotel at the time), I actually looked at the usgs site later to see if there had been a small quake. Now I wonder if it is possible if what I was seeing and feeling is what you described.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
Why I found it interesting, is that last night on KDVR Fox News Denver, they mentioned the booms and they specifically said that all causes had been ruled out, including quakes.

Yeah, but that was until more scientists started combing over seismic data that probably otherwise doesn't get much if any looks at all- when someone found the 1.5. I mean nothing against Clintonville, but is isn't exactly Japan when it comes to seismicity! They had to take some time to figure it out, while the city was getting impatient call after impatient call. And at first glance, a quake that small could be easily missed among manmade signatures. That would explain the first conclusions, ruling out quakes.

And if it wasn't a quake, why would the city be advised to rent a portable seismic array?

They were advised to do that no doubt because the quake was probably initially spotted, and then reviewed some more, and a conclusion reached that a quake it was. And then immediately they saw the propagation problem, and suspected it could be real small, and localized , and thus the solution to be sure is to bring in some portables to verify it, and pickup more of the even smaller stuff. So that's what they are doing. This may have nothing to do at all with the sky sounds, if that's what anyone is thinking.

While I totally understand what you're saying, it just seems that this was made to fit, rather than that being the cause. Also, on the night of the 21st, the nightly news said that experts (including seismologists) had ruled out the possibility of quakes, among several other things, so then why did that small quake appear the very next morning with a date of the 20th? Just makes no sense to me.

I have experienced these booms (and the USGS' response) personally in Colorado. At the beginning of September of last year, after Colorado had that decent quake, my husband and I were in our kitchen one evening when the spaghetti jars in our pantry began to clank together and everything else started to rattle, a very gentle, rhythmic rattling. A moment later, we heard these horrible booms, which sounded like cannons going off in front of our house. We went outside to see and the noise seemed to emanate from the ground and the air simultaneously. All of the car alarms on our street started going off, one by one. The shaking continued after that for maybe a minute and that was that. Since it was only a week or so after the initial larger quake we had (which, by the way, was a 5-something 180 miles to the south that managed to shake records off of shelves in the basement), we did not think for one second it was something other than a quake. I checked for quakes and nothing was posted until about 2 or 3 hours later, a 1.9 quake in the same spot as the bigger one, 180 miles or so to the south, with a time of occurence at the time we had the incident.

I decided for the first time ever to email USGS. Their site says that they can't possibly respond to all emails, but I had a reply within an hour, and this was 9 pm at night. I described the incident and asked if there had been a quake closer than the one in that spot. I was told that the kind of noises and shaking I described sounded like a quake, but nothing had showed up, except for that spot to the south. Yet, I was told that if I wanted to report shaking for that quake, to go ahead. However, the usgs doesn't have the "did you feel it?" option for such small quakes. I have to think that they got several inquiries into that "quake" we felt, since my entire street was outside trying to figure out what was going on.

I believe that something is going on and the USGS is either censoring earthquake data or playing it down, otherwise something else, natural or man-made, is going on that they don't understand or don't want us to know about and are blaming it on these tiny quakes, hours or days after the fact. Too many people have reported the same thing across the country. At that point, it becomes less of a conspiracy theory and more of a concern, in my opinion.
edit on 23-3-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: Misspellings

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thread title: "I have opened up some extensive real time seismic monitoring"

What precisely does that mean ? It appears as if you had opened a lot of little browser windows ? It certainly sounds like you had any measuring equipment set up on your own, do you ?

So what has come from this "extensive real time seismic monitoring" ?

Anything at all ? It starts to sound like a huge pile of mumbo-jumbo inflated with hot air.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

This article, which is an AP story, shows a picture of a woman who now has a decent crack in her basement floor from these booms & vibrations. I just don't understand how a 1-something quake, just 1, can cause such a crack in a basement floor. Also, how are residents expected to believe that as a cause when it seems that this wasn't just one isolated incident, but happened over the course of days?
edit on 23-3-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: Forgot to add a word

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Pretty harsh on the OP, friend. If you are interested, you should check out the OP's other threads. He/she is knowledgable about quakes and seismic stuff.

Those who are living with the shaking can appreciate wanting an answer. I know I did. Without ATS and posters like TA, I would have thought I was going nuts. My particular shaking was fracking-induced.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I agree. Plus, supposedly the land under Wisconsin is granite-I would think it is pretty hard for a 1.5 to crack a basement with granite around it. Maybe the shaking is not absorbed by the rock and transfers to softer materials like concrete.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blasphemusbudda

Blasphemus!

I was born and raised in Sheboygan, currently work there and reside in Elkhart Lake...been on this site since 2008ish and joined shortly afterward; so AWESOME to see a fellow member who lives right in this area.

I've been following these noises threads/stories for years. The wife and I were talking last night about how "something" happening so close makes it that much more intriguing. Standing by.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
S&F to subscribe.

second line for one of these ...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
It appears as if you had opened a lot of little browser windows ?

Open one yourself and see all that he contributes on the subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
is it possible, that there are deep caverns under this area in WI, that act like bass tubes to amplify normal EQ sounds?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It's really bothering me that so many people don't understand there's blasting taking place right under their noses (or feet, as the case may be) and don't even realize it. They would rather look for, and blame it on, an earthquake.

You folks in Wisconsin really ought to contact your state representatives on this. It seems there's work going on that the public, being peons, weren't even informed about. I would be furious, if I were living there. "Unauthorized blasting for sand (used in fracking) is just what it sounds like.

TA, I do respect your thread and think you have presented some awesome insight in the past. I just think that, in this case, there's something nefarious happening and the people are being lied to by the PTB.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

What precisely does that mean ? It appears as if you had opened a lot of little browser windows ? It certainly sounds like you had any measuring equipment set up on your own, do you ?

What this means is that TA has pro-level software and has access to direct data streams from seismographs and is able to moniter waveforms and spectra in real time as it occurs rather than wait for webicorders and then download the data.

Earthquake vibrations produce frequencies in ranges much lower than explosions due to the size of the area which is vibrating. The wavelengths are much longer also and are generally far below the audible detection of humans, but they can be felt.

Now, those lower frequencies may also generate harmonics at higher ranges which could be heard, so it is possible that this is what has been heard as booms and rumbles.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I have a cottage on a lake near Coloma and Westfield, Wis. . . . for the last few years the lake has been steadily drying up. I guess DNR came out for an association meeting and basically stated that the aquafers are on a cycle and that the lake might be drying up... could be permanently. I wonder where all that water is going? Could give some creedance to your and others' idea about the water and bedrock. But eveythign has a cause and effect...so where the hell is it all going???

Total left field idea... remember Quantum of Solace? What if the elites drilling and taking out all the water? Like pulling a drain and then storing it elsewhere. wouldnt that destabilize (or de-stress depending if you think it's a benevolent action) certain areas. A la Manaconda well in the gulf. think the eggshell analogy. Anyone? Bueller?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

brilliant theory brother.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

I was thinking about the blasting possibility. In order to blast under the earth, or anywhere else, a permit must be issued by some authority and a notice put into the legal section of the paper giving the local citizens time to object to such blasting. Maybe this will provide some insight for those interested in doing the research.

I personally don't think it's the case because these situations do require permits and this story made MSM. If there were blasting or drilling involved the MSM, or an independant investigator would have found the permits to blast.

I also don't think the government is boring tunnels under the ground. It just seems so implausible. If the governement were doing this, somebody at some point in time would have blown the whistle and said "Hey, look at me! I dig underground tunnels for the governement!!" Drilling and boring are huge feats of engineering which require many people to accomplish.

I would put my money on this being some kind of unknown natural phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Authorities solve mystery noises

"In other places in the United States, a 1.5 earthquake would not be felt," she said. "But the type of rock that Wisconsin has transmits seismic energy very well."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join