It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have opened up some extensive real time seismic monitoring in Wisconsin- For the rumbles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

There's two places the water is going: evaporation and into the aquifer. Okay three, drainages. Without knowing more about the lake (volume in/out, size of, rate of water level drop, etc) it's impossible to get more accurate than that.

Normally water acts to lower the failure point of rocks under stress. I'm guessing here that the local aquifer is shallow, sitting above the granites (granites have low porosity and permiability...bad for water storage). So I can't really speculate on what, if any, factors the aquifer might play into my theory.

The only possibility I can imagine is that as the surface of the granite pluton cracks and fills with water. deeper, higher stress layers are then exposed to the water and weakened, producing larger failures. But really this is all armchair geology, what with no real data to work from

As for the nefarious underground water theft...It makes a great movie, but would cost a hell of a lot less to just steal what they need through the court system.
edit on 23-3-2012 by blamethegreys because: grammer ishues

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

and you think that TPTB...military....black ops ... all need to get permits? If we going to be conspiracy theorists, remember not everyone plays by the rules.

As for the pic/whistle blower things? Wasn't there a thread bout a trucker that posted pics of all these underground tunnels chock full of semi trailers and whatnot? Try and find it...even if its not related, pretty cool to see proof of capability.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Lake Burnita
Springfield, WI 53964

Armchair geology.... jesus. we are total nerds.

LOL- sooooo true. Steal it through the courts. or..... Steal water. Sell to people at higher cost. Profit?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthinhabitant

Fracking Zones:

Maps: www.google.com...

view images and see if overlay of fracking zones are related...

caverns and canyons..

"Gasland" movie on fracking worth watching

I checked out the maps you suggested looks like it is probably a major contributor
to the noise and movement.

And from what I saw on those maps I'd say "This country is a Fracking mess"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray

Lake Burnita
Springfield, WI 53964

Armchair geology.... jesus. we are total nerds.

LOL- sooooo true. Steal it through the courts. or..... Steal water. Sell to people at higher cost. Profit?

ROFLMAO!
Thanks that made my day!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

and you think that TPTB...military....black ops ... all need to get permits? If we going to be conspiracy theorists, remember not everyone plays by the rules.

As for the pic/whistle blower things? Wasn't there a thread bout a trucker that posted pics of all these underground tunnels chock full of semi trailers and whatnot? Try and find it...even if its not related, pretty cool to see proof of capability.

Of course I wouldn't think that the military or black ops need permits, I just don't see that explanation as a huge reality. I was in the military, I have worked around vet's for the past 10 years as well so let's think about this one.

I have never come across anyone in the service claiming that they worked on building underground tunnels for TPTB or the US Government. If such an operation were to take place a bunch of young E-1's to E-3's and some NCO's would be doing the majority of the work. Like I already stated, this would be a huge feat of engineering and would therefore be a massive military operation requiring many people to complete.

People talk, they talk to their family and friends. These people building this tunnel would talk. As you stated above, a trucker took a picture of a tunnel...he talked. Loose lips sink ships.

Also, where is this equipment going underground at?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have a cottage on a lake near Coloma and Westfield, Wis. . . . for the last few years the lake has been steadily drying up. I guess DNR came out for an association meeting and basically stated that the aquafers are on a cycle and that the lake might be drying up... could be permanently. I wonder where all that water is going? Could give some creedance to your and others' idea about the water and bedrock. But eveythign has a cause and effect...so where the hell is it all going???

Total left field idea... remember Quantum of Solace? What if the elites drilling and taking out all the water? Like pulling a drain and then storing it elsewhere. wouldnt that destabilize (or de-stress depending if you think it's a benevolent action) certain areas. A la Manaconda well in the gulf. think the eggshell analogy. Anyone? Bueller?

This is very likely if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty

Of course I wouldn't think that the military or black ops need permits, I just don't see that explanation as a huge reality. I was in the military, I have worked around vet's for the past 10 years as well so let's think about this one.

I have never come across anyone in the service claiming that they worked on building underground tunnels for TPTB or the US Government. If such an operation were to take place a bunch of young E-1's to E-3's and some NCO's would be doing the majority of the work. Like I already stated, this would be a huge feat of engineering and would therefore be a massive military operation requiring many people to complete.

People talk, they talk to their family and friends. These people building this tunnel would talk. As you stated above, a trucker took a picture of a tunnel...he talked. Loose lips sink ships.

LOL- sorry, I didnt mean to come off as a d-bag. Sometimes you jsut don't know with folks. My dad was in EOD, so I have an ancillary understanding of explosives as well. I'll give you the doubtfulness of the military angle. what about intelligence agencies? I mean with the amount of stuff that happens that we all DONT know about...but comes out years even decades later... makes ya think how tight a lid they can keep on things. It would be an interesting thought experiment to try to determine how many people it would take to operate those boring (yuck yuck yuck) machines. Would give a better indication of how many people you have to silence, intimidate, etc.

I've often thought that question myself. My thought seems to be that once they got down there... they just stayed down there. I'd put my money on a single entrance point. Figure out how far can be tunneled in a certain amoutn of time, try to connect the dots. Or... multiple entrance points, but that increases the amount of people needed, risk of discovery, etc. Cave systems perhaps as an entrace? I always have thought that satelites could be used to map of softer rock, caves, etc. . . once you have a map, it would be pretty easy to devise such a plan. I KNOW. I KNOW... way out there. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty

You are totally right, which makes me wonder if they don't do it in stages with different civilian contractors, just like they did when building DIA (the Denver Airport). When they were building the airport here, there were contractors who would work up until a certain part of the project was completed, then let those guys go, just to bring in an entirely separate contractor and crew to pick up where the others left off. This continued on for the duration of the airport building process, that way, no one knew all of the pieces there. The long-debated use of the airport's tunnel systems are so debated because of the way they were built, in pieces, by many people.

So let's just go with that theory for a minute and consider Obama's billions of dollars of stimulus money for road and bridge construction. Does anyone remember this? I know that here in Colorado, there are maybe two small stretches of road on a couple of highways that have a sign touting that the stimulus money was used for it. However, how did this create thousands of jobs and begin to repair our country's crumbling infrastructure, where did it all go? Where each of these token projects across the country enough to make it seem like what it was said would be accomplished did, or was that money used elsewhere? In an economy such as ours, I'm sure there would be plenty of workers and contractors willing to build tunnels underground. Maybe these tunnel systems, if they do exist, are built like DIA? I know it's a reach, but hey, as long as we're all speculating

By the way, there WERE people who talked after working on the DIA project and some had mysterious accidents afterwards. So, it's not that people don't always talk, it's that sometimes they get caught. Interestingly enough, a year or two ago, there was a big announcement here in CO that they were going to remodel DIA and add hotels and commuter trains that would connect inside of the airport. It will be a very expensive overhaul of an aiport that is pretty new and was insanely over-budget to begin with. However, I haven't seen anything more going on than a lot of digging since then. Perhaps this is for the train system, but it doesn't really make sense the way they are going about it, considering it is to connect the Light Rail, and I would think they would start that from where it ends, not vice versa. The digging and constant construction has been going for a long time, but the news sources say this year is when they will start breaking ground.

denver.cbslocal.com...
www.examiner.com...
www.westword.com...
newsflavor.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I sure hope you're right. Funny enough, I'd much rather see Mother Nature acting up (as she has every right to do), than see something shady going on behind people's backs.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Over-extraction of groundwater is not a plausible cause. Their groundwater levels are perfectly normal and you can see from the historical graphs on the website that the groundwater levels have been very steady over the last few decades.

Their groundwater level is normal, not high, not low, normal.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
To make a long story short, in my opinion, that:

1.5 near Clintonville

is not an earthquake.

And neither is the "swarm"... And further, I don't think any seismicity has happened near there. What I thought might be small quakes I think are something else.

But that's just what I think, at this point. And I am not the only one who thinks that, too. I'll just leave it at that. And that's not to say that there still might be some microquakes happening, locally. It's possible- but I've learned not to assume, and it appears that a mistake has been made. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

I don't know what it is, but I feel pretty sure I know what it is not... But let's wait and see if the city goes forward with close in monitoring. That could reveal some things.
edit on Sat Mar 24th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What do you think it is then, intrusion?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh, nice to see the rest of the world is just now catching up to my post above, and acting like it's some big new revelation. I knew this last night, and was merely getting confirmation from inside sources. I got that confirmation. But ya'll go ahead.
What's the point. I swear. :shk:

Yeah Clintonville, you got a problem, but seismicity ain't it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I seem to have missed the explaination. Would you mind spelling it out for me?
Old mine collapsing? Quarry blasting?
Thanks, TA

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

Funny you should mention the water disappearing, just watched Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura last night and he was talking about this very issue, The link is:

i.cdn.turner.com...

Hopefully the link works, I can't remember which lake he was referring to as i can't watch it because my provider is not listed...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I seem to have missed the explaination. Would you mind spelling it out for me?
Old mine collapsing? Quarry blasting?
Thanks, TA

Again I say, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. But the whole point of my post above is that the USGS sold the city on the idea that it was a swarm of micro quakes- when the hard evidence says otherwise. I knew PuterMan would eventually catch it if he looked. And he did. And he posted.

So suffice it to say, that you now have several trusted people (including my source), who are telling you that the events specified by the USGS were no quakes. What they are remains to be seen. We just don't know. BUt they have apparently subsided. For now. That's what really matters. As so many news stories have said, the real cause may never be known. But if they go away for good...who really cares?
edit on Sat Mar 24th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok, so I have a new suggestion, that seems quite plausible. Again, this from my source.

It was suggested that this could be caused from a natural collapse of a shallow underground cave. The area is filled with them, from what I understand. It would be exactly the kind of thing that could cause this. It would be felt locally. It would probably cause some kind of boom. It would probably cause the earth to shake in a very limited radius, AND it would likely not be detected some 30 km's or more away, because the dispersion would not be powerful enough to carry that far.

THAT, imo, is the BEST, bar none, explanation I have heard yet, that fits all the parameters of the information we have.

If the booms do not return, as far as I am concerned: the end. There it is. That's the best I got. And I can do no more.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Again I say, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. But the whole point of my post above is that the USGS sold the city on the idea that it was a swarm of micro quakes- when the hard evidence says otherwise. I knew PuterMan would eventually catch it if he looked. And he did. And he posted.

TA....I always read your posts with great interest, then suddenly change my mind because of the arrogant way you post to people at times. I don't know if you realize this. Sometimes, us "little people" need explanation. You should try to be a little more polite. Not jumping on you, just sayin......get that chip off your shoulder. Other than that , I appreciate your vigilance.

ETA...your last post was much better
Just don't get angry....we are your ATS friends.

edit on 3/24/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Check graphs now ¡!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join