It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep "BOOMS" hitting my house in Las Vegas every 15 mins.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Deep "BOOMS" hitting my house in Las Vegas every 15 mins.

The waves are similar to sonic booms, but not nearly as intrusive. I think because Im in my garage and they're moving my creaky metal garage door, I am more aware of them than most people.
So about every 15 minutes for the last hour or so, these booms come. So deep you can barely hear them. There's maybe 6 waves in each set. Just thought you'd want to know...
Last one was at 1045. it's 5 min to eleven, so we'll see...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The waves are similar to sonic booms, but not nearly as intrusive. I think because Im in my garage and they're moving my creaky metal garage door, I am more aware of them than most people.
So about every 15 minutes for the last hour or so, these booms come. So deep you can barely hear them. There's maybe 6 waves in each set. Just thought you'd want to know...
Last one was at 1045. it's 5 min to eleven, so we'll see...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

Maybe I need more coffee, but can't find a link in your OP or post.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Same, link is missing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That gives you 15 minutes to find a camera and start recording for all of us to witness.

Don't let what happened the last few times happen to Vegas --- Record it.

For me - if not for you!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
testing new bunker busters ready for iran

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There is no link, this dude circumvented the Breaking News posting format to post his own observations as Breaking News. Wrong forum, dude.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hope all these "Booms" aren't anything foreboding as I was planning a trip there in Las Vegas the coming months. Find out the best you can of what it is will you? I would hate for my trip to be ruined...somehow

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, it seemed to be starting a number of times but didn't happen like the times previous. Even just now it seemed to be starting (1110am). I hear the deep "pre-rumble" and feel the air thickening, but the garage door hasn't really moved like before. I guess just a weird anomaly. I'll report back if it starts up again... I'[m thinking it's just accelerating jets that just hit the right spot and the waves from the engines carried all the way here...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

sorry. boot my thread, my bad.

THERE, 11:17 HAPPENED AGAIN. how do I prove it? don['t have a subsonic mic laying around...
edit on 3/22/2012 by verbal kint because: add on so i'm not posting one liners

11:29 - HUGE ONE. Largest one yet.
Ive been checking seismic monitoring sites and seeing nothing though?
edit on 3/22/2012 by verbal kint because: avoiding one liners...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
every 15 minutes, yet there is not a single video of it?

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's hella often,

post proof or its just a storyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
there needs to be a " face palm " button because you should have had a V-8

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to live near the airport would you?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
does your laptop have a cam attached, your phone has a recorder Im sure, get in the garage and catch it please!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ok, got my phone camcorder running continuously and a backup to switch to when time runs out. Problem is, I dunno what it'll record - the garage door creaking i guess? As for the airport, I live over 5 miles away. Is that near? Not really my field of expertise...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I live out in Blue Diamond.. Not hearing anything.. My dog was whining weirdly under the bed though although im sure its nothing..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint
ok, got my phone camcorder running continuously and a backup to switch to when time runs out. Problem is, I dunno what it'll record - the garage door creaking i guess? As for the airport, I live over 5 miles away. Is that near? Not really my field of expertise...

cool thanks, hopefully you can catch somethiing on it, I hear people are having a hard time in wisconsin trying to catch the noises.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have been hearing them today also. I am almost 200 miles N of Las Vegas, in the middle of nowhere. We don't even have cel service here.
These booms are subtle... not loud like sonic booms. Deep is a good description. They sound a bit like dynamite charges that are used in mining operations. That's the best description I can think of.
I have also noticed waves of wind gusts follow shortly after the sound. Could be unrelated though...it's often very windy out here in the desert.
Incidentally, I was talking to a fish biologist here just last night who was saying that several of the main streams in this area are suddenly disappearing and flowing underground, only to pop back up to the surface miles away downstream.
He was saying that it wasn't related to the drier than normal winter we've had, as the GPM flow upstream and downstream is the same as normal. Very odd...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Elostone because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I live in the Twain/Lindell area (west side)

feeling nothing unusual.

just a truck or bus rumble (normal).

is there any heavy construction in your neighborhood ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join