It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep "BOOMS" hitting my house in Las Vegas every 15 mins.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

Sorry, but you are mistaken. I can understand why you may think it's fake. Please understand how Vegas works, if you don't know. This town is "very" loud... Some people may not notice this. But there are some of us, who "know" the sounds of Vegas well and know these sounds are "not" normal sounds, or even the normal vibrations from the sounds of Vegas.

Now there are several of us who have heard it, and Metro is confirming dozens of reports in my area alone. That's not counting other areas of town who have reported this strange noise and rumbling.

If you have doubts, call Southwest Area Command at Metro. Ask them if they've had reports of large booms, and rumbling the last week. They should be able to tell you the same as they told me...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

www.thebigwobble.com...

The above is one earlier report of such Rumblings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the Videos mentions and indeed fully explains how previous Rumblings etc. resulted in Ground splitting followed by boiled sand showers being pumped high into the sky.

Only reason I sent this, is perhaps it all helps to explain such.
Wish you all well

edit on 25-3-2012 by steaming because: To correct one reference

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok So it wasn't just me who heard that a while ago! I'm in Southwest Las Vegas.

Whoever said it sounded like deep booms, that's how I heard it. I thought at first maybe it was my roomates video games so I went outside and closed the door and it was definitely coming from outside. This is the first time I've ever heard this here it wasn't just one boom, it was consecutive. I didn't count them though, and sorry I have no camera to record because my 1 and a half year old dropped it in water. I don't have money to replace it yet. I doubt I would have caught the sounds anyhow as they were a bit muffled sounding for my location.

Anyways just thought I'd leave my witness account.
edit on 25-3-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I hear the fighter jets fly over every sunday, this was definitely not them. I pretty much live with my balcony door open so have gotten very used to the sounds around here, this was definitely out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just checking in. Glad to see others are hearing/feeling these. I was consumed by a kidney stone, so my research halted for a moment. It seems to be in it's last day/hours so maybe I'll make it to the fountain show tomorrow morning. Like the post just prior, I've been here 15 years and always lived fairly close to the airport, so I'm familiar with the related sounds and shaking. Thanks for all the other confirmations as well, at least I haven't COMPLETELY lost touch...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Nah, you're not alone... (sounds like a line from x-files..haha!) Anyway, when I posted on my FB page about it, I asked others if they felt it. Only ONE person replied. He Lives near me, but more towards Mountains Edge. He said that it may have been blasting from the Quarry on Jones, over by Blue Diamond Road. I think he said that "Las Vegas Paving" owns that Quarry. I've heard blasts from Quarry's before...it never sounded like this. I've also heard and felt a slight noise from the mines at Sloan. Sloan is a hop, skip and a jump from where I live..it's on the other side of the big Hill..or what used to be a mountain there. At any rate, I don't think it's blasting from a Quarry. If it is though, they are using some powerful stuff to make all sides of town feel it? Somehow, I don't think that is a logical explanation for these booming sounds and rumbling....

I hope one of us are able to catch it. I will have everything at the ready, for when I hear these crazy noises again...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This morning I decided to write to 8 News Now, KLAS. They wrote me back within 10 minutes and wrote that the noises we're hearing are supposedly "Training" exercises done by Nellis Air Force Base. And, she/he gave me a phone number to call Nellis, to file a Noise Complaint if I choose to do so.

What do you guys think? IS that the cause of the booms, and rumblings across the Valley for the past few weeks?

I'm still not entirely convinced...but who knows...

I'm still going to try and catch these noises on video if they happen again.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It just happened AGAIN! 5:07 pm! I hope to catch the next one, I have my digital recorder ready and already recording!! Did anyone else feel or hear that?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am born and raised here in vegas. I grew up on the west side around spring mtn and torrey pines. Around 2000 - 2004? roughly, I remember hearing these same deep, rumbing booms that sometimes would shake my window or house. I even called diff city officials like the fire dep, and a few others with no answer. My only guess was that it was related to the gravel pits located off spring mtn here: 36.126801,-115.255272 on google maps.

I've been listening to a lot of art bell archives lately and I remembered this boom phenomenon and thought I would look it up and was suprised to see it is still going on! I also remember seeing on the news about 12 years ago that there are secret underground corridors here in vegas. They are government built and have individual rooms which they did not allow the news to film or see.

Stay posted!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just wanted to update this thread. Yesterday, 3/28, I took my dog outside at 9:51am and heard the deep booms again. From what I could tell, it sounded like the booms were coming from the west, but I'm not entirely sure. I then heard them again around 10:35am or so... Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Are they anything like the booms being heard in Wisconsin?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure about Wisconsin, haven't researched that, just reported what I heard after searching the net for other reports of the booms...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm relieved to have found this thread evenif it's in the wrong forum.
I'm in NLV and have been hearing and very much feeling these exact same booms, successions of booms, fit to the exact descriptions given before me.
I've gone so far as to register a 'Did you feel it?' file with the USGS.
I can never match up seismic activity to the times these booms are happening.
I love in a new solid house and it makes the air around me feel like it is contracting and then expanding, slightly imploding then exploding, the frame of my house creaks, makes splinting noises and cracks. My post tension concrete slab garage floor shakes, rumbles.
I had not heard about this Wisconsin business until last week. The sound I've been hearing has happened 5 times in the last 4 or 5 weeks.
My husband is military and this has happened a few times where I have verified with him there are no Nellis jets up.
I can't imagine what it is but trust me, this is happening.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
3:04PM 3/29, outside with the dog again and just heard the booms, not quite as loud as yesterday's...
By the way, does anyone know how to make email notifications on this forum work? I'm subscribed to the thread, but no email notifications come in for me...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My friend who lives off Cheyenne and 215 just heard 3 booms 4:05PM, heard them from inside his house, so far I've only heard them while outside......

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dax702

It just happened here again 10 minutes ago. This one lasted quite a bit longer than usual, however it wasn't as loud. It was rumbling enough to scare my son. I've contacted all news stations now, and no one has a cause, except for channel 8, who blamed it on Nellis. The Red Flag training for Nellis ended the week before last, I believe. I called every quarry and mine in MY area and NO ONE is blasting. The only one I haven't called is the Mine in Blue Diamond. I didn't bother with that one because given how far away from the mine people are hearing and feeling these booms, I doubt it's them. There is currently no blasting for construction near me either.... I live in Southern Highlands...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow you're all the way down in southern highlands, I'm off hualapai and flamingo, my friend is off cheyenne and 215 and we're all hearing these deep rumbling booms that are clearly out of the norm because we all ended up here looking for answers. I sent a link of this thread to Alex Jones. It's definitely creepy.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I wasn't trying to downplay it, it's the only thing I can guess as to what it is. Believe me I hear it too. It's like a booming sound followed by sounds like afterburners engaging right over my house, yet I haven't ever actually seen anything while the sound is going on. It occasionally will rattle the walls and windows.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint

The waves are similar to sonic booms, but not nearly as intrusive. I think because Im in my garage and they're moving my creaky metal garage door, I am more aware of them than most people.
So about every 15 minutes for the last hour or so, these booms come. So deep you can barely hear them. There's maybe 6 waves in each set. Just thought you'd want to know...
Last one was at 1045. it's 5 min to eleven, so we'll see...

(visit the link for the full news article)

OMG are your eyes really that red? What did you smoke or was it some of that BROWN acid???

Sound recordings would be interesting - like those eyes have it for now.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reitze, we're simply reporting what's happening here in Las Vegas. You can see that I'm a new member to the forum. The only reason I joined was to keep updated on these strange booms. This isn't being made up, believe I don't have time for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join