It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
The real question is what is the point of running such a simulation? What is the Creator looking for?

edit on 22-3-2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

In my first computer programming class I wrote a program to flip coins randomly.

Maybe they wanted to see how long it takes humans given random events to realize they are actually in a simulation. This could've ran several times. Maybe that's what it is, and it resets every time we realize it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

Maybe this is no coincidence. December 21st 2012 isn't too far away. Maybe scientists will be able to prove this Simulation Hypothesis, and then the 'creator' will get bored with us and our reality will be uninstalled

edit on 16-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Maybe our sky is actually a "blue screen of death" and we've really been left alone inside of our "sandbox" to destroy ourselves...while the creator is off designing aliens. THen every now and then he let's one out to play and it pays us a visit, before going back and telling its friends "Holy crap, I just found this completely asinine race of biped creatures that our master just left to destroy itself."

The other aliens don't believe it, and when they go out to play, they discover us too...and none of them ever come back.

If that's the case, I'm injecting a virus into the main system and crashing all of that ***hole's work. It's the least I can do for blue-screening us. Dumb haxxor.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting article: www.mindreality.com...

While looking at your feet, stomp on the ground. You will notice that your visual perception of your foot hitting the floor matches your sensation of touching it. This would be fine except for one thing: the speed of light is vastly faster than the conduction times and synaptic delays through the long nerves and spinal cord from your feet. As a result, you should be seeing the event before you feel it and the delay should be noticeable.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sorry if something like this has already been brought up but I was just thinking about this virtual reality theory which I found very interesting and suddenly my brain made the following observation:

Let's assume 20 years from now we have quantum computers in our houses as recently IBM said we probably would. Let's assume that computer, or a computer which will follow eventually that model, is capable of simulating a universe. Let's assume a software is sold to create and simulate universes. Let's assume the world's population at that point will be 7000 million (just as it is now so this number will probably be much larger in the future) and let's assume half of them buy and execute that software.

If everything I just said was right, the chances we're currently living in a non-simulated reality is 1/35000 million. Or did I got my maths wrong?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

That's a crazy thought. What if we're in a simulation that was programmed by a human being living on a more advanced planet than us. He/she could be sitting there drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette watching us blow each other up and overpopulate the planet, just like people here derive entertainment from creating Sims and watching them.

Maybe he/she is using the trial version of the software and is too cheap to buy the licensed version... and the expiry date for the trial is 12/21/12

Eight months until we get uninstalled?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So if the simulated universe is as real as the real universe...
Does that mean someone could design their own simulated universe and choose to place themselves in it.
Ghost in the shell style(that episode where everyone who plugs into one server decides to never leave).

Very interesting to think of.
Especially with the nested simulations.
If the master simulation is being powered by an Omega Point it could theoretically go on forever.
What about the simulations inside the simulations.
At some point an outer simulation will say the simulations it controls are out of power.
At that point all the simulations that were being run in the simulation would also power off and so forth.

So just like there are more dead people then living people as everyone dies.
There are at this moment more "dead" simulations than running simulations.
It is even fair to say that if they were nested simulations a good portion of them also had their data destroyed forever, since if they were nested deep enough the master simulation did not extract data for analysis.

So taking the fact that there are more "dead" simulations than running simulations, combined with the fact that it's possible that a dead simulation did not have it's data extracted and analyzed.
We can come to the conclusion that the majority of simulations, or realities were in fact useless and meaningless.
Useless and meaningless in the sense that when they were ended the simulation did not have it's data extracted or analyzed.
Since the data was not analyzed the simulation goals were never met, or never put to use.

So nested simulations+more "dead" simulations than running+ "dead" simulations are meaningless equals.
The majority of existence is meaningless.

That is a very weird thought, and wasn't even remotely the intent of this post.
It kinda evolved on it's own as I thought of the theory being presented.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Pigraphia because: Added bold and upped the size of conclusion

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hope I didn't kill the thread with my super depressing analysis of what a Simulated Universe could mean.

It's an interesting theory and I was just extrapolating without even thinking, kinda free form analysis.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Nah I don't think you killed the thread. Maybe everybody just got bored and moved on.

I remember being drunk one time and vomiting a bunch of code all over my shoes. Random letters everywhere. I wonder if I saw a glitch in the matrix. Might have been alphagetti though.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Every simulation has an end goal. None of you have really explored this area of this theory.

IF we are all in a vast simulation, then there has to be an end goal.
It could be -

1.) Means of Control (IE Matrix type)
2.) Individual Evaluation
3.) Group Evaluation (to see what kind of reaction mankind makes in given situations)
4.) Evaluate the constraints of man against the Universe
5.) Evaluate the constraints of the Universe against man

There are possibly many more hypothesis but these seem most intriguing to me.
#1 is self explanatory so I won't go there.

#2 could be some sort of invidual test. We could all be in a sim and everyone around us is and who we interact with is simulated in order to gauge our reactions.

#3 We are in a simulation together, and are being judged or evaluated collectively. This could explain why many people feel that there some "external" driving force (could be the TPTB, Biblical prophecy etc) - because the simulation is ultimately pushing us towards that goal in order to evaluate mankind's reaction.

#4 To evaluate wether or not mankind can manipulate and conquer the universe....

#5 or to evaluate the Universe to be sure that it's constraints *cannot* be broken.

Anyway, interesting stuff.

I tend to lean more towards #3 than #2. The reason I say this is because all this simulation information has been handed to me on a silver platter by movies such as the Matrix or by reading this thread. It's not like I came up with the simulation idea myself and my programmer is now forced to make a decision. So if I'm an avatar for someone else, then they were either trying very hard to give me all these clues now to eventually pull the plug, or would keep these things hidden to see how I'd approach the rest of my life. However, the #3 scenario means that we're all collectively working together to solve this riddle.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe we are thinking too deeply.This is just a brainless form of escapeism for some one or thing,when we fall asleep our real life begins.

What makes me think we are simulated is the over familiar feeling when meeting anyone for the first time...its like oh you again

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Maybe we are thinking too deeply.This is just a brainless form of escapeism for some one or thing,when we fall asleep our real life begins.

What makes me think we are simulated is the over familiar feeling when meeting anyone for the first time...its like oh you again

This is all fascinating stuff. If we are living in a simulation then some things begin to make sense while others don't.

1.) The universe itself becomes a lot less complicated. A super computer can generate an infinite universe with only earth being able to sustain life. Perhaps other simulations have earthlings interracting with various other races and so forth.
2.) Ancient civilizations, megalithic structures, dinosaurs, ufo sitings, etc. could all be placed into the simulation on purpose to keep things interesting. Perhaps the program is set up in a way where the users can't erase past simulations, and are forced to introduce cataclysmic events to somewhat start over again.
3.) Are we completely simulated or is the real us somewhere out there using us as an avatar. The latter sounds somewhat intriguing since the real us is still out there making hard everyday life choices. However, it would be extremely disappointing to find out that we are 100% computer generated and can be deleted with a push of a button by someone else. Kind of like me tossing a Batman video game into the garbage.
4.) As others have mentioned, have we already reached a point where we don't have physical forms and are using the program either for fun or as a form of judgment to be accepted into a higher realm. Perhaps this is where reincarnation comes into effect, where our memories are erased after every life and we re-enter the program as a different person in the past or present. Are these lives interlinked or do we enter a separate program everytime? What I mean is that if people are entering the simulation in the past, then the simulation will keep changing in the future. Perhaps we are only allowed to re enter in present time to keep the flow going.
5.) The ultimate question is whether or not only me, or the person reading this thread is real and everyone else is just a simulation, or does everyone have an avatar? I personally think that we are all conscious beings but are guided somehow by the simulation. What I mean is that there are rewards given out for living your life a certain way. These could be in the form of finding a great job, meeting the right person, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Bump to revive an intelligent discussion.

I spent a couple hours reading this thread. It is one of the most lucid and civil threads to show up on ATS.

I highly recommend it.
edit on 6/17/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Agreed. We need to put the paddles on this interesting thread.

Bump.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Bump to revive an intelligent discussion.

I spent a couple hours reading this thread. It is one of the most lucid and civil threads to show up on ATS.

I highly recommend it.
edit on 6/17/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by rtyfx

Agreed. We need to put the paddles on this interesting thread.

Bump.

I don't think I've ever bumped a thread on ATS before, but y'all are right.
This is a great thread and worthy of being resurrected.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skybolt

Your theories are interesting, but they don't actually match up with what simulation theory is about.
What you are proposing is either a form of the Matrix, an educational too for self guided evolution, or entertainment.

All interesting theories, but not actually part of the heart of simulation theory.

Sim theory states that the odds of us being part of the real universe are 1/infinity as eventually there could be an infinite number of simulations, as well as nested simulations.
Now there is the omega simulation theory(a version of sim theory) that says since the universe itself is a simulation that even if we are a simulation that actually makes us real.
The tangent theory says that since it's impossible to tell a real universe from a simulated universe it doesn't matter so we might as well call our reality real even if it is simulated.

What you talked about actually deserves it's own heading and it's own theory title.
I don't know what you would call it though, but it's not Simulation Theory.
What you put forth can actually stand on it's own.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I completely understand what you're saying, and agree with your definition of simulation.

The only thing I wanted to add is that a real universe is vastly different than a simulated one. For instance, the real universe took 12 billion years to form and would probably take many more billion years to perhaps destroy itself. However, if we are living in a simulated universe, then one push of a button or a power outage can completely eliminate everything with a blink of an eye!

The thing that creeps me put the most is not so much that I may be part of a computer program, but that my entire life may have only existed for just a few short hours. Perhaps all my memories up to this point have been programmed into my database. It's similar to someone creating a Batman video game with all of Batman's history and features having already been programmed in!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skybolt
I completely understand what you're saying, and agree with your definition of simulation.

The only thing I wanted to add is that a real universe is vastly different than a simulated one. For instance, the real universe took 12 billion years to form and would probably take many more billion years to perhaps destroy itself. However, if we are living in a simulated universe, then one push of a button or a power outage can completely eliminate everything with a blink of an eye!

The thing that creeps me put the most is not so much that I may be part of a computer program, but that my entire life may have only existed for just a few short hours. Perhaps all my memories up to this point have been programmed into my database. It's similar to someone creating a Batman video game with all of Batman's history and features having already been programmed in!

you might want to view the situation in two separate parts, which is more appropriate to what is going on. The body, your avatar, is a program of sorts. The energy that makes the body go, the animating energy, is you/soul - not the body. The programming part exists in the brain, you project/manifest what you are programmed to manifest. Your energy, soul, uses its energy to power the manifestation. The "computer" system simply feeds off of that energy, it has a preference for high powered energy in the form of anger, fear, hate etc., hence why this is the predominant energy on this planet.

The soul universe, or the rest of consciousness, is not bound by the system. In fact, the rest of everything isn't even bound by 3d or such trivial things. This system is a game, humans and all kinds of folks play games all the time, in all places in all ways just like this one: the process is infinite. This game is just here, not elsewhere, and the rules of this game don't really translate to other realms. In fact, this game, as games go, is pretty brutal.

We're real beings IN and not real space. The two process are intertwined but different. You leave here and you go on, but "here" stays until it is dismantled. If no one plays this game, earth, then the place gets shut down.

Another complication is people think there is a beginning and end of things, no such thing, as there is only the middle. So this computer system exists as it exists, not as a measure of beginning and end. What one thinks is "years" is what one has been told "years" are, as such, one believes in things tied to that notion, but it is just a program in one's brain saying "here is time." Time is a great system equalizer, as it makes people easier to control. The program can say "it will take three weeks to heal," and the thought created by that programmed uses the energy coming from the body to manifest healing in three weeks. It's just a number, not a reality per se, but in this realm it is the dominant and most effective mechanism of control. I see where people accept the big bang and time as fact, then can't reconcile how this is possible based on that being fact. That isn't fact, not even close, and by removing that as a condition to understanding, one can more easily access the truth of what is happening.

In the end it is choice, freewill, that the system fears more then anything. Should you wake up one day and choose to leave, the system adjusts, should everyone wake up one day and choose to leave the system quits and it does not want this. The odd thing is the system is designed to destroy things, so it has a problem it can't seem to reconcile well, so it operates by the bend but not break principal.

Again, the problem people have in understanding this is the reality is created from WITHIN your brain, not from the outside. There is NOTHING "out there" there is EVERYTHING inside, as that is where it all originates from.

Here is something interesting. The collection of information is a big buggaboo for many. The reason given for the collection is twofold: Terrorists and Sales. There are no terrorists to speak of and nearly all soap comes from the came company. So neither of those red herrings work. The actual reason for the collection is to monitor each person's consciousness as it evolves, then make adjustments to the game to help keep folks here. These adjustments are done on a mass scale and a personal one. A person waking up, as seen by purchases, emails, websites visited would quickly see a health problem, or financial issue erupt in the hopes of derailing the process. A group might see a war or famine inserted to stop change. The collection of that information helps the system keep track of the consciousness that is expressed through the body.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So...

This is still the Intelligent Design vs. Evolution or Controlled Chaos debate?

Fractals.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

It's none of the above.

It's a philosophical discussion, based on a Physics/Philosophy theory/construct.

The question of the origin of the "original" real universe isn't part of the discussion.

The debate is over if we are in a real universe or a simulated universe.

It simply doesn't matter how the real universe came to be, whether created by God, or from the Big Bang.

The theory is, once the real universe exists computing technology will reach the point where you can simulate the universe with such accuracy that it would be impossible to tell the real universe from the simulated universe.
Once that happens you eventually have an infinite number of simulated universes, and only one real universe.
The odds of us being in the real universe are essentially 1/infinity or nil.

That's the theory at least.
It's independent of God, or Evolution.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join