It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok this is blowing my mind.

Alright

I have had all day to think about this .

I just came up with more questions.

Let me ask you this.

Doesn't it seem like human life began only 5000 years ago?

Also

Who else besides me has had the thought that we were inside a computer program way before "the Matrix", "Tron", "the Sims, etc.? Like thought about it as a kid?

Not only thought about it, but actually had the " feeling" of being in one?

edit on 26-3-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Ok I get the whole "simulated reality" argument....but I have never seen an avatar in a game I play recognize the fact that it is part of a game or simulation. So, if this is true, how would we become aware of the true simulated nature of reality? Wouldn't the code written into man limit our understanding? Wouldn't the whole reason for the simulation be underminded if the avatars "mankind" were to discover the very synthetic nature of the universe?

If anything this theory gives support to an "intelligent design" argument, and if there is indeed an all powerful "God" then it would make complete sense to me that there would be a "fingerprint" of design, or order where the theory of evolution would say there is to be chaos.

That's the point of the simulation. The "solve" if you will. To realize it is a simulation, and rewrite the code for yourself. Once you get good enough at this, you will be writing the next simulation for other players, further down the evolutionary chain than you.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
After reading all these posts something disturbing occured to me. If TPTB knew this is true, had absolute verification of it, would they tell us? I would have to conclude that they would NEVER tell the public. If people are worried about the effects of disclosure of ET, imagine the ramifications of finding out our "reality" isnt real. Also one has to wonder that if this knowledge became widely available, would the program we are running in terminate? I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but if the simulation argument has even a remote chance of being valid, they are valid questions. Also I thought of a couple other intriguing questions:

1. If we are simulated, does free will exist?
2. If we are living in a simulation, is everyone in the simulation sentient, or just some of the organisms?
3. If you suddenly became aware of being simulated, is it possible you could be "deleted" , preserve the integrity of the simulation?
4. Is the afterlife also simulated? Heaven? Hell?

This is a great thread but an old adage comes to mind: "wherein lies madness"
edit on 26-3-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well ether way, If this is a type of simulation or not, If we can reduce things down to 0,1's what practical application's could this have.

Medical would be one, being able to arrange the 0,1's to produce a cure for all sickness.
Beaming technology, and replicating technology
would end power needs or aid in power production
Faster advancement in to space exploration "Hoping"
Even though EvE a space simulation is just grand i want to see it for real...umm... simulated...blah what ever

There is a lot that could come from this.

So... where to begin.

Me i would be fine with it, because as i smell, feel, touch and hear this is real to my sensor's. So i would be good with it

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

We might have become artificial intelligence.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I firmly believe the answer to #1 is no.

I've had some personal experiences that confirm this.

We are puppets.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
hmmm, we cant even find the end of the universe yet now we have the arrogance to believe we can code it, most scientists dont surprise me, they get so wraped up in their religion(which I define as a way of life, eg. your life revolves around money then that is what you have chosen to worship), they fail to come to terms with not being able to answer everything, in general PFFFT would summarise my opinion on the over zealous scientists too arrogant to admit that most of their theories take a great leap in blind "faith" to believe.

Anyway, so when I go to sleep, my 5 senses are "dead" to me, yet I still believe I'm in reality at the time of a dream, wow our technologically advanced and evolved brothers coded that too now,
, and some atheists will buy this but GOD is too much for them to fathom and/or believe in because they dont have the intelligence to explain everything about GOD. I think the same of those who say life is only what we perceive with our 5 senses, as if someone without those 5 senses would just dissapear into thin air, I doubt it.

Anyway, I still say it is an intertesting topic to discuss, regadless of many scientists diatribe.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kavaron
This theory is even more stupid than the hollow earth one. Life is REAL

Can you prove your statement? If not then you have no right to call it a stupid theory.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Maybe we are/always were the artificial intelligence...

edit on 27-3-2012 by hombero because: Redacted classified information

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have always had tinnitus, when I was young and would be in a silent room I would wonder what was with the tones I could always hear high ringing but not so high/loud that its annoying its like background noise and easily unnoticeable when activity is going on

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So who or what is watching us?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Nothing/No one

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio

I have always had tinnitus, when I was young and would be in a silent room I would wonder what was with the tones I could always hear high ringing but not so high/loud that its annoying its like background noise and easily unnoticeable when activity is going on

Me too man, me too.

I would even almost "see" the sound in my head.

I can't really explain.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enderdog

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Ok I get the whole "simulated reality" argument....but I have never seen an avatar in a game I play recognize the fact that it is part of a game or simulation. So, if this is true, how would we become aware of the true simulated nature of reality? Wouldn't the code written into man limit our understanding? Wouldn't the whole reason for the simulation be underminded if the avatars "mankind" were to discover the very synthetic nature of the universe?

If anything this theory gives support to an "intelligent design" argument, and if there is indeed an all powerful "God" then it would make complete sense to me that there would be a "fingerprint" of design, or order where the theory of evolution would say there is to be chaos.

That's the point of the simulation. The "solve" if you will. To realize it is a simulation, and rewrite the code for yourself. Once you get good enough at this, you will be writing the next simulation for other players, further down the evolutionary chain than you.

i would be happier believing
we run thru this simulation as we are doing right now (thats if it really is a simulation)
when we reach the desired effect/level/call it what you will
we then depart this sim and go onto where we really are sposed to be (where ever or what ever that place is)
kinda like gods great endurance test and lets face it life is and allways will be 1 huge endurance test

this thread is a good read and makes one ponder all kinds of scenarios and questions

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

pondering the multitude of scenarios is something i enjoy on a daily basis.
when i read your post a scenario manifested in my mind.

perhaps we are all of a higher nature and every once in a while, we elect
to become solid again just to remember how difficult things are/how enjoyable
life can be. no queue jumping now, da management are watching.
f.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Thoughts like this make my head hurt.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionsEverything
reply to post by Ajax84

Well Mr. Ajax, thanks for blowing my mind tonight. It seems like the deeper we dig into the fabric of reality the crazier the scenery gets. I wonder if anyone has tried programming this code into a supercomputer and running it to see what pops up.

In an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities.

Great thread and thanks for sharing the two videos, I'm going to go try and bend a spoon with my mind now.

It seems that the "trick" is to get the spoon to agree to bend. It has to be a mutual agreement. You can order the spoon to bend but it probably wont listen to you. If you get it to agree to bend its mutual. Or so I've heard. I cannot control my mind enough to try it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

There there now. And a glass of wine too.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I told you.
There is no spoon.

And there in lies the crux.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

And yet my cat keeps meowing at the lady in the mirror waiting for her to get up and feed him. I tell him she cant help him but he keeps trying anyway.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join