It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Possibly the most awe inspiring and magnificent thread/concept I have ever read OP. And I have been interested in ideas for 20 years. So BRAVO.

To everyone dismissing this. Then just listen! Much to gain just letting your brain do some legwork. Might make you better at your job or better at sex. Who knows. Sentience is a gift. And is rare in these troubled times.

Mentally being able to visualize and predict every possible outcome based on your choices, in order to inform your choices is intelligence in my book. Call it fate or determinism, there is a perfect and correct road in life. For you and for humanity. Given free will or "Timshel" and still choosing that one path that is orderly or in gods plan, is heaven on earth. Possibly trillions of simulations will provide a group that achieves this and is worthy of ascension in whatever form.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Tpohis thread is the one that made me join ATS......
Sence this is still kinda newly discovered I'll wait a little while to see where this goes but I'm truelly over the moon about this one.
To my tiny unedgucated brain it sounds like they have found the way in which our reality is regulated to keep "errors" or random anomalies from manifesting.
To me it also means that, as illustrated by the graphic showing the 0's & 1's, our reality or perception of it has bounderies and is comprised of two opposing "energys". Yen/Yang?¿?¿? Maybe.
Anyway I'll be watching this one to see where it goe's.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Down4Whateva

No, it doesn't mean anything like that.

It HAS been clearly explained about 20 times on the thread though. The OPs video is BS, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

Inspirational to say the least. Amazing isn't it? Just think, "when we think, and explore various and sundry ideas, making choices and checking the outcome, isn't this simulating?" As in putting ideas on paper, correcting lines and features, then looking at it and something "clicks," is pleasing to the eye in its correctness? And finally to "finalize" the "idea" by affixing it on something more permanent?

Isn't this a prime example of a simulation?

IF you can agree to this, then perhaps it's not a stretch of the imagination to say that every moment we "think" we simulate? Until we come-up with a pleasing and aesthetically correct version of the thought itself?

To do this, requires no bias, no misconception, or falsehoods and misapplication of any tool used to come to this conclusion.

Imagine and visualize the number "zero" being the "Alpha Point" and the "Omega Point," at the same time, and also eternity. So this "zero" is a funny thing, eh? It has no value and just serves to keep a place where all the other components fit nicely into a matrix of sorts, perhaps matrices of sorts?

Consider: 0 / 1 = 0, and 1 / 0 = undefined (cannot divide by zero.) So above and so below, you can divide nothing by something, but you cannot divide something by nothing. But why is it undefined? If you divide something by nothing, the something must still remain to equal something, right? So why even try to divide something by nothing if the answer is the same something?

I suppose that it must be like dividing something by everything, which is equally undefined, or is it?

Post your thoughts...

edit on 25-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: Typo correction...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Very interesting. Makes me think of the "monolith". Everything is changing in a means that cant be observed. Not necessarily connected, just a thought.

Are you saying the universe is a petri dish? lol
A hard glass edge that cant be changed, with matrices of "us" simulating what has been done trillions of times?

I think the numbers are simply the coding, not implying some cold sterile, and rigid universe. If there are trillions of sims running, there is a lack of rigidity.

Its been suggested that dreaming is some form of defragging. I concur. This would also suggest 2 way communication with "god" or the QC running the sim? That is a whole other thread, but I mention it for a reason. I feel like we have access to the other petri dishes.

All your math saying we are simply a petri dish someone is looking for a desired outcome in? Or an eventual one?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
So 15 pages later and I still don't see where anyone has made sense of the claim in the OP.

Can someone please answer, how can equations contain error correcting codes. This doesn't make sense (if one understands what an equation is, and an error correcting code).

I explained this a few pages back but you seem to have missed it. The simplest form of error correction code is called the Hamming code. It allows for the DETECTION of 2 errored bits and the CORRECTION of 1 errored bit. To put it in very simplistic laymens terms(not precisely correct, what i will show you is actually parity code which is very similiar but allows only for detection of an error not correction)-

So, say we want to transmit a small message in binary across a network.
-Here is the data we want to transmit= "01010101"
we then attach a parity bit to the data= 101010101 The red 1 is the parity bit.
this parity bit (1) signifies whether the receiving computer should expect an odd or even number of 1's.
1 for a parity bit = even number of ones
0 for a parity bit = odd number of ones

if the receiving computer got a message like this 001010101 it would know an error occurred in the transmission as the parity bit (0) says there should be an odd number of 1's, but instead it received an even number.

Again, as I said above, this is a very simplistic explanation and not 100% accurate as explaining the error correction method through typing would be extremely annoying to convey to people. Its much simpler if I had a chalk board and could show you visually. If you would like to take a crack at understanding Hamming code error correction, watch this, but I doubt you will understand what he is talking about.

So how do we combine this with an equation? very simply.
Take an equation. Example: 1+2. Convert it to binary.
00110001 00101011 00110010 = 1+2 in binary
Now add our parity bits to each frame
000110001 100101011 000110010

And there, we have an equation with an error correction parity bit attached.

So, once again. How can an equation contain an error correcting code, or any code for that matter? Where do you store data in an equation? The latter contains precisely the information it is intended to convey. Any other supposed data it contains must be imaginary, i.e. in the eye of the beholder, surely.

The data is not imaginery. It is symbolic. Both computers, the receiver and sender have to understand the symbology used. Or as you say, in the eye of the beholders.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree that there is probably more than meets the eye when it comes to the Universe, but the code in nature, isn't that just a pattern and a ratio? The numbers that man created to attach to these things we observe only mean something to us, right? I think it is great to notice patterns and try to find some connection to other observations in the Universe, but it still is man made. Which I guess could lend some credence to the future sim reality theory. What about the hologram universe idea, does it correlate to that idea at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is much more than meets the eye.

Very well explained in this video. No annoying music:

A very curious coincidence

link:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2012 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Your link is broken.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Bedlam

This whole thread is a nonsense and the OPs video is obviously just another BS youtube thing.

Oh, I agree, I've been trying to see what the guy's claiming to 'look like an error correcting code', and that's pretty much the only thing I can come up with. It sort of looks like a trellis diagram, sort of.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012
There is much more than meets the eye.

Very well explained in this video. No annoying music:

A very curious coincidence

link:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-3-2012 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

For a long time I have felt that reality is both a simulation within a computer and some form of naturally occurring digitised environment. My conclusions are that if the cosmos is fractal... Universes within universes (and such implies - people within people, plants within plants etc. i.e. the quantum foam is made of subjective micro-cosmoses - likewise one's own objective cosmos is a micro-cosmos/Quantum component inside a larger subjective cosmos. Therefore everything that is possible exists inside of everything else that is possible like Russian dolls but in infinite variations.

ALPHA: Universe (Ones Objective-Cosmos) / Quantum Component
Galactic Superclusters
Galaxies
Solar Systems
Planets
Living Beings
Cells
Molecules
Atoms
OMEGA: Quantum Particles;Quntum Foam / Micro-cosms...

and it then repeats the same more or less on every level into infinity... (variables depend on the plane of existence)

because of this principle it can then be interpreted as so:

ALPHA: Living Beings
Cells
Molecules
Atoms
Quantum Particles
Quntum Foam; Micro-cosms (One of which is one's own objective cosm) / Quantum Components
Galactic Superclusters
Galaxies
Solar Systems
Planets
OMEGA: Living beings.

So any aspect of the recursive fractal can be taken and viewed as the Unifying Element i.e. the role of being simultaneously Alpha and Omega

Contemporary ideas tend toward the notion that the cosmos at large is a single unit. However it is made up of all these other seemingly single elements. So the cosmos as what humans deem "the cosmos" as a whole unit i snot realy a single thing but a composite. As such any element within the cosmos can then be considered "The Cosmos ( Alpha-Omega Element )" as was shown with the prior example Living beings played the role of "The Cosmos" - Alpha/Omega Element... (rather it is an individual being that is the Alpha (Objective Cosmos) and the Beings within the Quantum foam components (contemporary cosmoses) within itself are the relative Omega Micro-cosms.

Thus a new aspect can be discerned:

ALPHA: Living Beings & Technology
Cells
Molecules
Atoms
Quantum Particles
Quantum Foam; Micro-cosms (One of which is one's own objective cosm) / Quantum Components
Galactic Superclusters
Galaxies
Solar Systems
Planets
OMEGA: Living beings & Technology.

With this in mind the russian dolls analogy now works with Silicon Chips as the ALPHA/OMEGA Cosmic Element.

This has a 2-fold implication.

A. An infinite number of synthetically generated silicon chips both inside computers and outside of them, existing throughout the infinite multiverse.
B. Given the infinite multiverse then there are also naturally occurring silicon chips, an infinite number of them too but still much less common occurrences as chances of their existence by seeming "accident" are probabilities which are near infinitely unlikely but because it cannot be said that in an infinity of infinities a lightning strike will not hit a piece of sand or crystal in a cosmos somewhere and create a perfectly geometric silicon chip then there is still infinite instances of naturally occurring silicon chips throughout all existence... albeit less common. A naturally occurring silicon chip may be endowed with cosmoses within itself which are immaculately governed by higher orders of reality whereas the synthetically derived ones would produce sub realities and will exist inside electronic devices.

This is essentially the Akashic Structure of the Multicosmic ocean of information: The Natural Silicon Chips are the Apex of the Akashic records Which record all information by proxy that they permeate all things by unbounded measure, where as Artificial ones have codes implimented by lesser states of refined intent of consciously aware beings. All is in perfection however, as these sub realities cannot be exploited endlesslty and that is whjat the time wave zero 2012 etc is all about... its occurring all the time in truth, but it means that as more people become aware with the coarse of time they learn to navigate into realities of their own choice and all misdeeds become balanced. The Artificial Matrices have been abused but all who have misused this technology have been recorded by the higher Akashic Records and will have the balancing code of creation to answer to i.e. incarnations where they learn lessons - experience what they deal out unjustly.

See this for more esoterics on the subject lightworkers.org...
edit on 25-3-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
For all we know, we could be waking up in a different body every day with all our memories programmed in so we have no recollection of the previous existence. So yesterday you are lady Gaga, today you are you, tomorrow you are Hitler. You would never know it because your reality is reprogrammed.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
considering the evolution of computers in just 30 years, who is to say in 1000 years we wont be able to simulate the entire universe? Look at flight sims as an example, here is one of the first ones:

Now here we are, just 30 years later:

Quite a difference in 30 years. Imagine simulations in 1000 years and you can believe we could be living in a sim.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We are all Cylons.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All the evidence says we are living in some sort of simulation or information construct. There isn't any evidence that an objective material reality exists.

Everything we see is information at a high or low state of entropy. Information at a high state of entropy would be a bunch of scrambled letters vs information at a low state of entropy like a biography on JFK.

You have to have intelligence to take information from a high state of entropy to a low state of entropy to produce a code like we see in DNA.

Randomness can't produce code. Randomness can produce repeating patterns but only a mind can convey meaning and message through code.

For instance, I can leave two sticks in my driveway and say if two sticks are in my driveway I'm home. If there's just one stick, I left and meet me on 1st street.

I just took 2 sticks in a high state of entropy lying in the grass, and put the sticks in a lower state of entropy to convey meaning and message.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me one bit, after watching the video about multiple simulations compared to real life. It made way too much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
considering the evolution of computers in just 30 years, who is to say in 1000 years we wont be able to simulate the entire universe? Look at flight sims as an example, here is one of the first ones:

Thanks for the reminder of subLogic flight simulator. I haven't seen that for years!

We wont be able to simulate the entire universe exactly because we would need storage capable of storing the state of all particles in the universe, which would require more particles than the universe contains.

We might be able to simulate a solar system and crudely simulate the rest however, so our simulated life that evolves in this solar system doesn't know the difference. Sounds familiar...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow,neat,groovy,wish we had more people like him.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe

Originally posted by openminded2011

Thanks for the reminder of subLogic flight simulator. I haven't seen that for years!

We wont be able to simulate the entire universe exactly because we would need storage capable of storing the state of all particles in the universe, which would require more particles than the universe contains.

We might be able to simulate a solar system and crudely simulate the rest however, so our simulated life that evolves in this solar system doesn't know the difference. Sounds familiar...

Well I guess it all depends doesn't it. Is the universe finite, or infinite. If it does happen to be finite, what does that tell us, on the other hand, if it happens to be infinite, what would that tell us.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why can he not post the damn code. FORTRAN, LISP or COBAL are pretty easy to understand and are the only languages of importance that are still used (extensively sometimes) invented in the 50's. I call BS on the matrix, post your code or shut it professor!

I am a programmer, reading and understanding any language is possible with some time and reference materials. I see this often. Someone is like I DID SOMETHING AWEEESOME! but never produces a line of code or POC or anything to back it up. BS

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join