It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let US Make MAN In Our Image" What About Women?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Women were considered second-class citizens in many cultures throughout the ages.

An interesting aspect of the Biblical creation story is that Adam attempts to find a partner among the other animals first but when a suitable companion cannot be found only then does he make a female human. It's hilarious that some people want to take this story literally. Do they think that their God is a moron who doesn't understand that he needs a male and a female.?I mean this part of the story is AFTER God has created the other animals, presumably the female ones as well, so God would have had to have a good grasp on how the whole gender and sex thing was supposed to work, yet only after Adam can't find a "helper" does God realize the need for Eve.

20And Adam gave names to all the livestock and to the birds of the air and to every [wild] beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.
-Source

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We'll just a guess, but I'd say when men finally decided to scratch into some recepticle one of their campfire tales that had been circulating for hundreds if not thousands of years, perhaps the women we're not allowed to or didn't know how to 'write' at that time and we're off doing doing something usefull like maybe cooking dinner.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ah . God made Women from the Devils Image , it's a Known Fact amoung Men.........

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

OP,If you do not believe in the religion and Bible, why do you even care to raise this question?
There are multiple quotes from the Bible on how men should respect women if this is were you are heading with this.
Ephians5:25-For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her.
That is just one quote..there are more if you research it.
Are you debating the fact that man was created first? Someone had to be created first and that is the Bible's version..so be it.

The Bible also states that a man is the head of the house..yadda..yadda. look through Ephesians. You are also to submit to one another and respect each other. My interpretation. Make your choices together, but when no decision can be made, then it rests with the leader of the household..traditionally the male.
Someone has to be in charge in the end. Nowadays..either sex.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

I’m not sure what a ‘Beneology’ is exactly ; it is neither 1st century Koine Greek nor Latin nor paleo-Hebrew nor Aramaic or even modern English – and I am fluent in all these languages.

It's a typo. The "B" key is adjacent to the "G" key.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus was a virgin birth meaning no penetration were in the bible does it say that he did not have an older brother. As I said the book of thomas which was left out of the king james bible along with multiple other books was written by him.

It doesn't need to say it, it's common sense. The Bible is generally silent in regards to matters of common sense.

If Jesus had an older brother Mary wouldn't have been a "virgin" when He was conceived of the Holy Spirit. Unless His older brother was as well. The "Gospel of Thomas" is a 2nd century Gnostic pseudo-graphical book that Marcion and his followers tried unsuccessfully to sneak into the Biblical cannon. The church rejected any pseudo-graphical books. They gave their books names of apostles to try and give them credibility the authors didn't enjoy themselves.

There are no less than 11 historical references to the Gospel of Thomas from early church fathers, and not a single one of them is: "Man, we gotta find that Gospel of Thomas, it's a great one!" The quotes that do reference it are more like:

"Hey guys, watch out for this book floating around called Thomas, it's bogus, reject it."

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I take the story literally; I trust God and His word. Just because you don't yet understand that certain part of scripture doesn't mean you label God as a moron. Condemning something you know little about is ignorance. You can follow humanity with its relationship with God from Adam to now, as a parent with a child from birth to an adult. When Adam was around, things were very simple, only one commandment to follow. Obviously, today things have changed a bit concerning us towards God.

Bottom line is.. the Bible doesn't need to change to fit your understanding, it's you that needs to change.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Man

Wo-Man

She is a Wo-Man.

I would think this still means "man" in general.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I think the important thing to question is: God made Adam and Eve, and Adam and Eve begat Cain, Abel, and Seth. Now, there is no other mention of further creation of individuals, and no mention of females begat by Adam and Eve. So, where did Cain Abel, and Seth find their wives?

The Bible is a complete and accurate account of the creation and Mankind's Generation Zero and Mankind's Generation One are the most important bits to the populating of the planet.

While I cannot believe that Moses would have left out a discussion of further Generation Zero creations by God, I can almost believe that he could, being a man of his time, have felt that female children of Adam and Eve were unimportant, and left them out due to cultural bias, or maybe he just felt the narrative was getting too long. But even if this is the answer, doesn't the Bible say in no uncertain terms that thou shalt not play around with your sister?

Maybe that is the real reason for the 1st murder? Maybe Cain got a bum rap, and he was just meting out justice to Abel for incest?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What? Jesus had an older brother? Scandalous! I guess Mary wasn't a virgin after all!

That is right. She was an almah.

Of marriageable age, perhaps betrothed, but still under the protection of her father's household. A pregnancy would be scandalous, but it has been speculated that families sometimes encouraged the betrothed couple to sleep together (without sex) before marriage, and just as today, it isn't easy to control oneself with all those hormones rushing around.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
These creation myths are one of the reasons I think religion must be false.

I'll pick on your post, since it offers me the chance to respond to questions many have asked.

First thing.

All Religions are false. They are the creations of man, (mankind), and in all of the various sects there are, NONE follow the Word of GOD. They tend to neglect the letter Our Father inspired and use bits here and there to twist the Doctrines, Dogmas and Theology they created to promote their self interests.

This should not be mistaken with the Word of GOD. I have never seen anything, even here within the ATS site that supports the notion that the Biblical Account is a fabrication. It is misunderstood, but that is due solely to the ignorance of not seeking and studying the Bible. It is a simple thing to do, and requires little more than two tools.

A Strong's Concordance and a King James 1611 Bible and you have everything you will ever need to understand what the Original Text intended, and how the Translators of the 1611 utilized the "English" words.

This is clear in several responses to the Posts Subject.

Man, in the Genesis 1 day six is the Spieces of Man, since if one takes the effort to read the verse in context with the balance of the material surrounding day six, it is quite clear this is a Male and Female "Creation/Recreation".

About "mankind" in general - look what a crappy thing a person is! So many design flaws!

Actually my friend, Mankind was created perfect. Prior to the events of "Sin" and the "Fall" Man lived an extremely long period of time. Noah was 500 Years Old when the Angels told him to Build the Ark. The Flaws you note, have nothing to do with GOD. They are a result of Sin.

Why are humans made as they are? Humans are like animals, clearly we once went on all fours.

This maybe the wrong time to note, since it's out of the subject matter, but we know, we have a Family Tree that seemingly points to a common ancestory from the Primate through to Nethanderal Man. The Fossil record bears this out quite clearly.

THEN Crap happened. Others here have noted the err of Genesis 1:2. The text should express "and the Earth BECAME a Waste and a Desolation. The Balance of the Genesis Account is the recreation of Life, and ultimately the Recreation of Humanity.

But unlike the Previous beings which have the common ancestory to the Primate Family, we (Humanity today) were given FREE WILL. For better or worse. It also is supported in the Sciences. They have a void of their own that they will never find. The Missing Link. The Creation/Recreation of Mankind in Genesis 1:26 is that missing link.

As far as the 'woman' being second and/or lesser and/or is to 'help' the man.....

I never noted how the two connect. To Help, doesn't imply anything outside of assisting. No where in the Genesis Account of Creation/Recreation found in Chapter One, or the Creation of The Man, Adam, who tended the garden discussed in Chapter 2 that the female or woman is lessor.

I believe most of the modern Bible translations originated in the Middle Ages - and much of it does seem to reflect systems of serfdom.

Several translations predate this period, but for the most part, yes, your right. Even our King James 1611 Version is rife errors.

But look at the period and the history of the time. The Earth is the Center of the Galaxy, GOD Created the Earth in 6 Days, Adam and eventually Eve where the Only Persons of this planet. Cain had Incest with his sister. Seth must have had incest with another. Adam named the Kangaroo and Platypus, The Church spoke for GOD. All of these concepts where believed at one time. The Ancient Texts support none of these ideas, but when you translate something for the likes of Jolly James, and his Masonic mandate, you must be careful not to spread heresy.

It's a load of folk lore mixed with morality tales based off fears and spun in ways to get you working for Da Man.

Or, it's a fact based book of Instruction given to man through Devine Inspiration and manipulated by those whom seek to instill their will over man.

Religion is a load of bunk.

And here we agree. But Religion is not to be mistaken with the Word of GOD. Man made Religion doesn't even follow the Word of GOD.

Hope that the response offers you somethings to consider. And I trust it isn't taken as a personal attack. It wasn't and isn't intended as one.

Ciao

Shane

Myth comes from the term Mythos from the Greek, which strangely enough means TRUTH. Mythology = Truthology. Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The good book says "and let us make MAN in our image...."

means Man and woMan

got it!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

I think the important thing to question is: God made Adam and Eve, and Adam and Eve begat Cain, Abel, and Seth. Now, there is no other mention of further creation of individuals, and no mention of females begat by Adam and Eve. So, where did Cain Abel, and Seth find their wives?

The Bible is a complete and accurate account of the creation and Mankind's Generation Zero and Mankind's Generation One are the most important bits to the populating of the planet.

While I cannot believe that Moses would have left out a discussion of further Generation Zero creations by God, I can almost believe that he could, being a man of his time, have felt that female children of Adam and Eve were unimportant, and left them out due to cultural bias, or maybe he just felt the narrative was getting too long. But even if this is the answer, doesn't the Bible say in no uncertain terms that thou shalt not play around with your sister?

Maybe that is the real reason for the 1st murder? Maybe Cain got a bum rap, and he was just meting out justice to Abel for incest?

Come on. Spewing false information on something doesn't imply it's accurate.

Genesis 1;26 expresses the Creations of the 6th Day. Man, as a spieces is also created during this day.

1 Why do you think there was no one "like" Adam. He is not of the races of man created on the 6th day.
2 No where "Biblically Speaking" is Cain, Adam's Son.
3 Where else would Cain get a Wife? He went to the Other Races, (6th Day Creations), where he found his Wife in Nod.

Just because YOU opt to suggest things like this, doesnt mean they are correct.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Originally posted by rnaa

Come on. Spewing false information on something doesn't imply it's accurate.

Genesis 1;26 expresses the Creations of the 6th Day. Man, as a spieces is also created during this day.

1 Why do you think there was no one "like" Adam. He is not of the races of man created on the 6th day.
2 No where "Biblically Speaking" is Cain, Adam's Son.
3 Where else would Cain get a Wife? He went to the Other Races, (6th Day Creations), where he found his Wife in Nod.

Just because YOU opt to suggest things like this, doesnt mean they are correct.

Ciao

Shane

You might get through to them but people want to believe the lies of the churches than to simply just read the bible , they love to trust in others interpretations . The original manuscripts clearly show Adam and Eve were created on the eighth day.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

God is a hermaphrodite, that is why he crated "men and women" in his image, it was men in earth that to take supremacy over women decided to make women the fall guy with the story of the serpent and the forbidden fruit.

But God is a hermaphrodite

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Sigismundus

I’m not sure what a ‘Beneology’ is exactly ; it is neither 1st century Koine Greek nor Latin nor paleo-Hebrew nor Aramaic or even modern English – and I am fluent in all these languages.

It's a typo. The "B" key is adjacent to the "G" key.

Mister I am fluent in these languages has been given the job of spelling police, I find it funny how people attack the typos instead of relating to the post with some intelligent information . Mr. Spell check was more interested in tooting his own horn on how smart he thinks he is.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

You might have misspoke:

"After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters." Gen. 5:4

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

That is right. She was an almah.

The Septuagint (LXX) was the Greek translation of the OT, codified by the best 70 Hebrew scholars of the day in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. This was completed and in black and white 300 years before Christ was born. Go look and see if those 70 Hebrew scholars translated "Almah" as "virgin" or "young maiden" in the LXX.

You see, this was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before little girls began to wear lipstick, miniskirts, and clear heels. At that time in human history, a young, devout, religious girl wasn't whoring around town. Besides, let's say it was a mistranslation, the "sign" from heaven would be a pretty stupid sign if a young girl were to simply have sex and conceive a child, I'm fairly sure that happens all the time and isn't a sign of anything at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Hi FrankenChrist

The English word 'woman' derives (oddly, but...perhaps not so odd after all...) from the term: Womb-Man--in other words, a man who has a Womb (the 'big differentiator') and you can see that the major between the sexes in terran humans is generally in the hip area.

Funny (and very curious !!) that modern terran human males have...well....nipples. Not that they have working mammaries connected to them...

And they say the clan god of the Jews (the post-Exilic YHWH of the post-Exilic 'bible') doesn't make mistakes !!! Well he certainly did with giving human terran males nipples - when they can't even use them to breast-feed !!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Hi Azadok

Instead of griping, go and look up Bereshth (Genesis) 5:1-2 in your mistranslated KJV and read it 50 times outloud - in Engllish if that's all you can read.

Then tell me that MALE & FEMALE were NOT created together and that ADAM was NOT 'their name' in the day in which they were created, - that is, according to the writer of the 1st Creation Myth of the Jews (Gen 1:1-2:4a, whose same writing style, syntax, grammar, spelling, word order, sentence length, Weltanschauung and Exilic Theology is cont'd beginnnig in Gen 5:1ff).

It would REALLY help you understand these ancient texts better if you could read them in the orginals - you'd be able to spot the linguistic & stylistic differences better than you seem to be able to do by reading bad English translations that no one seems to want to fix...especially 'bible believers' - like you, who cannot even read the texts in their originals !!

Riddle me this : how on earth can ANYONE believe what they cannot even read for themselves?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join