It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let US Make MAN In Our Image" What About Women?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus

And they say the clan god of the Jews (the post-Exilic YHWH of the post-Exilic 'bible') doesn't make mistakes !!! Well he certainly did with giving human terran males nipples - when they can't even use them to breast-feed !!

Funny, but all milk producing species that nurture their young in this manner have ``nipples``. Expections being Horses and Rats.

From conception until sexual differentiation, all mammalian fetuses within the same species look the same, regardless of sex. In humans, this lasts for around 6 weeks; after which genetically-male fetuses begin producing male hormones such as testosterone.[11] Usually, males' nipples do not change much past this point; however, some males develop a condition known as gynecomastia, in which the fatty tissue around and under the nipple develops into something similar to a female breast. This may happen whenever the testosterone level drops. Gynecomastia, although not as severe, may occur in pubescent boys undergoing physical changes due to the rapid and uncontrolled release of hormones, including estrogen. The heightened levels of oestrogen in pubescent male bodies leads to the swelling of the nipple and surrounding tissue - this can often look similar to a female human nipple - and may cause slight discomfort.

Thus, because the "female template" is the default for humans, the question is not why evolution has not selected against male nipples, but why it would be advantageous to select against male nipples in the first place:

"The uncoupling of male and female traits occurs if there is selection for it: if the trait is important to the reproductive success of both males and females but the best or "optimal" trait is different for a male and a female. We would not expect such an uncoupling if the attribute is important in both sexes and the "optimal" value is similar in both sexes, nor would we expect uncoupling to evolve if the attribute is important to one sex but unimportant in the other. The latter is the case for nipples. Their advantage in females, in terms of reproductive success, is clear. But because the genetic "default" is for males and females to share characters, the presence of nipples in males is probably best explained as a genetic correlation that persists through lack of selection against them, rather than selection for them. Interestingly, though, it could be argued that the occurrence of problems associated with the male nipple, such as carcinoma, constitutes contemporary selection against them. In a sense, male nipples are analogous to vestigial structures such as the remnants of useless pelvic bones in whales: if they did much harm, they would have disappeared.

In a now-famous paper, Stephen Jay Gould and Richard C. Lewontin emphasize that we should not immediately assume that every trait has an adaptive explanation. Just as the spandrels of St. Mark's domed cathedral in Venice are simply an architectural consequence of the meeting of a vaulted ceiling with its supporting pillars, the presence of nipples in male mammals is a genetic architectural by-product of nipples in females. So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."[12]

So, it appears that just how the nipple bounces. Hope that this helps to clear up your concern.

Ciao

Shane

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Funny, but all milk producing species that nurture their young in this manner have ``nipples``. Expections being Horses and Rats.

Not only that the great prophet of God Elijah was pre-exile into Babylon. I wonder what his name means in Aramaic? (Eliyahu)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Not your Typical -

Eliyahu/Elijah (the name means "YHWH is my clan-god") lived during the time of the son of Humberi (Omri) who went by the name of Ahab c. 874 -853 BCE; the Assyrians wiped out the northern 10 tribes BCE 722 - BCE 701 ('the Lost Tribes') and exiled the metalworkers and priests (people who could foster rebellion) into Nineveh; and it was not until 587 BCE that Babylon invaded the southern Kingdom of Judah and wiped out the local population, exiling metalworkers and priests (who could foster rebellion) into Babylon.

Were you trying to say that Elijah lived in pre-Exilic Yisro'el, i.e. per 587 BCE? Then you'd be right...but I'm not not sure what you meant !

edit on 26-3-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commmputerrrr

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Were you trying to say that Elijah lived in pre-Exilic Yisro'el, i.e. per 587 BCE? Then you'd be right...but I'm not not sure what you meant !

"Eli eli lama sabacthani" ----> "My God, my God, why forsake me?"

"Eli" ----> "My God"

"YAH" ----> Short for YHWH

"Eliyahu" ------> "My God is YHWH"

And yes, this was pre-Babylonian exile. Which makes this not true:

(the post-Exilic YHWH of the post-Exilic 'bible')

edit on 26-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
HuMAN as in Y chromosome coming from ANU donor MALE chromosome.

WoMAN maternal X chromosome, as well as the mitochondrial (maternal) DNA, remain from terrestrial FEMALE hominid egg/womb donor.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hi Not your typical -

Just because YHWH was worshipped in certain shrines in pre-Exilic times does not make him the sole clan god of the Jews prior to Ezra's reforms (c. 440 BCE) when 'thou shalt worship YHWH alone' - but before the Exile (c. 587 BCE) to Babylon, a number of clan gods were worshipped side by side - as the archaelogy abundantly proves in the majority of the shrines especially in the northern tribelets (e.g. 'this crossroads is sacred to YHWH and his Asherah') etc.

Witness Jedediah ('Sholomon') worshipping many gods at the temple complex at Jebus (Jerusalem) c. 920 BCE including the clan god Molech, and Asherah (or 'Astarte') and Tiqq'un and Amun-Ra ('Ra-mun' or 'Rimmon') and Dagon and Bull-El among others.

Read Pritchard's Ancient Near Eastern Texts (ANET) which shows just how many clan gods were widely worshipped in both the northern shrines and the southern ones BEFORE the exile - whereas after the exile, c. 450 BCE under the Persians, the local shrines to the local Canaanite gods had been wiped out, and only hard line Yahwists came back to Eretz Yisro'el - in fact only FOUR of the 24 Priestly families that were deported into Babylon ever came back.

So enough about Eliayhu - unless it is possible that R. Yehoshua bar Yosef when strung up naked spread eagled on a Roman cross was screaming for Elijah to save him...not quoting Psalms 22

'Behold I shall send Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of YHWH' -

Which presumably might have a tie in with the mangled "Galilee' (ha gilgal ha goyim) references 'Behold I shall go before you to the Galilee' (liphneyka al-Gallyiahu) might have originally been something like 'behold, I shall go the way of Elijah ('al Eliyahu') - = meaning 'go into hiding like Elijah" i.e. disappear from public view

But don't forget, the mangled Greek texts of the gospel material often mis-translates the Galilean Aramaic oral traditions that lay underneath the words...and without a video camera, we know absolutely nothing for sure exactly what was being said (i.e. in Aramaic) and when and to whom, etc..

It does help if you are conversant with ancient languages, though, so you can spot these little nuances....!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You might have misspoke:

"After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters." Gen. 5:4

Ah, OK, I seem to have missed that, fancy that. However, it appears that Cain was exiled to Nod and knew his wife before Seth was born (Gen 4:16-17). Though there isn't really a time frame referenced in any of this, it is very unlikely that Cain's wife would be one of his sisters would it?.

Genesis 1:26 implies that he made more than one man, but Gen 2 directly says that he made only one. And we can't have the Bible contradicting itsself, so the implication in Gen 1 must just be a poorly translated text.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Not really. Think of newspaper headlines. There is a brief on page 1 and then the meat and potatoes is in the main story inside the paper.

Good questions though friend. One thing you must remember. Anytime you think you've found a contradiction, or a paradox, it's what the rabbis call a "Remez". It's basically a sign that says:

"Dig Here"

It's a hint that there is something hidden or a deeper meaning that would normally be missed if one read too carelessly. It should make you say. "Hmmm, what am I missing here?"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread821919/pg1#pid13731983reply to [/]post byAzadok url]

Might I point out according to scripture, there is no gender in heaven,so it imlpies in Jobe 38:7 ( when the morning stars sang together, and all the SONS of God shouted for joy) so to me it seems in the beginning (before this earth age) there obviously were no women, as it states let us make man in our image ,assuming that God is speaking to others (angels) and angels were also refured to as sreply to as stars, or morning stars.

Another place it implies just SONS is in Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry , nor are given in marrage, but are as the angels of God in heaven, also in Luke:20:35. To sum it up men were the first and only gender from before the foundations of this world, explaining why God made women out of man, not by a piece of Adams rib thats curved, but through the DNA that is the helix curve, and thats why, when a man and women are joined together in marrage, they become one flesh.

Nice topic I am new on here, and it's refreshing to have another one of pastor A.M. students to discern with, understanding things that the mainstream churches (religions) do not teach at all! Whops! I am assuming that you are a Shepherds Chappel student?.. If Im wrong you do have my apology, for assuming!

Man is a generic word for the species of people , if you read the next verse 1:27 it says created man in our own image male and female . If you go on to read the next verse Genesis 1:28 God tells them to be fruitful and REPLENISH the earth . In other words the verse of Genesis 1:26 let us make man in OUR IMAGE AND OUR LIKENESS coupled with the verse to replenish shows that we as people were on the earth before and it was destroyed so we were REPLENISHING the earth.

In Genesis 1:2 the verse say and the earth WAS void and without form . The word was is the Hebrew word Hayah Strongs number 1961 and the word means TO BECOME . ...........so Genesis 1:2 actually should read ........and the earth bacame void and without form .

God destroyed the first earth age because of what Satan did . These old structures you see across the world that they have no explanation for are from the first earth age , we built them and when God destroyed the world that was not everything became destroyed by the flood and great earth shaking . This is not the flood of Noah but a totally different flood.

The people created on the sixth day were all the races and to understand you must remember that a day to God is a thousand years to man so the sixth day was the sixth thousand year after the start of recreation of the earth. The seventh day was another thousand years and on the eighth day God created Adam and eve who Jesus Christ bloodline would come from , this is why Eve is called the mother of all living because only thru Christ can you live into the third earth age after this second earth age ends .
edit on 21-3-2012 by Azadok because: Spelling

edit on 4-4-2012 by mezedok7 because: I replied to the wrong poster, I ment for the reply to go to Azadok and instead I made it to the starter of the thred.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
First let me say that I am agnostic, and my beliefs as well as your own... are your own, and my own. I have decided to try to make sense of this, and as far as I'm concerned those that are religious and those that are not should be able to cover this without being hostile, or filling the thread with a bunch of scriptures.

I have heard all my life that in the bible it is written in Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness".

There has been a stigma against women for thousands of years, and what I have come up with is a few more or less statements then questions.

One, if the above is literal, then where did the likeness of women come from?

Two, if women were so unimportant, then why the need for Jesus to be born to Mary? And because of this holy birth, how come the perception towards women did not change?

Now the next few statements, I must say require a thick skin for those that get offended easily, but this is the reason for discussion.

If women were considered to only be "2nd" made, then why are women more efficiently made for the continuation of life, as men are simply needed to provided needed "help" with the beginning, but afterward are no longer medically, nutritionally, or need to gestate?

Is it so hard to try to understand the need of women, or the understanding that the church has decided that there had to be a hidden agenda about women in general?

Third, if procreation was supposed to be a #1 goal, why would women who are far more complicated biologically be made second?

With the above stated I will say my own thoughts.

I think that maybe women were in fact created first, its like thinking that a dish was made first, and then the dishwasher to accommodate right after, and yet tell others that the dish is far more important then the washer, as it provides, soap, drying, cleaning.

I am in NO WAY trying to be condescending, but honest in my confusion that many still believe that women are under men, and just above the animals.

Please I would like to keep this clean, and free of hate, and maybe there is something that I missed.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I almost forgot, just food for thought. Would it not be easier to remove then to add. Men and women are almost identical , but if you ask a man why he has nipples he considers them unnecessary.

edit on 21-3-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: just thinking

THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS MANMADE ISREAL IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION:
Ezekiel 38 mentions how Gog, the chief prince of Meshec and Tubal, the Son of Japhet, from the Isle's of the gentiles and lands of the north, aka Europe,(Genesis 10:2). Come against the Land of the real ISRAEL, in the latter days. Gog cannot be Iran for obvious reasons being that it is the land of Persia also mentioned in Ezekiel 38 as a separate entity. Ezekiel 38:10 mentions How the thought of "stealing" the real Israel came to the prince of Meshec and Tubal, GOG. That's why there is so much conflict in the middle east now. That's why 9/11 was an inside job. That's why they want to go to war with Iran and like talking about it everyday on the news.

GOG,MAGOG,MESHEC AND TUBAL are not descendents of Shem, read Genesis 10:2 it's there in plain english. They are descendants of Japheth, brother to Shem. They are the one's who go against the Land of Israel, by force and occupation mentioned in Ezekiel 38 in the latter days AKA NOW. They are the one's who thought the evil thought mentioned in Ezekiel38:10. That thought was to PLAGIARISE The Word of YAHUWAH and His Prophecy. YHWH even mentions how it brings His "fury upon His face", when they do it. We are in the latter days as the fake "UN" created isreal is 100% undeniable proof. The same entity that is behind 9/11 is also behind the creation of the UN's fake 'isreal'.

Also when YAHUWAH/YAHUSHUA addresses the 7 churches of Asia in the Book of Revelation, which are where the 144,000 of the lost tribe of Israel will be chosen from, they would have to be believers in order for Him to address them. The jewish people of the fake UN created 'isreal' don't believe in the one people wrongfully call 'jesus', so where does that make any sense? Gog and Magog are the sole owners of the fake UN created 'isreal'. Satanic forces under the guidance of satan deceived the world into believing who 'isreal' really is supposed to be, but it is YAHUWAH'S will because the people who were to represent Him, whom He blessed as the Sons of Shem, disobeyed Him and were sinning TREMENDOUSLY. We all are paying for sin no matter how close you are to your Creator.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Question for the people who believe in The Old Testament and not the New like the ones who study JUDAISM: WHICH IMMANUEL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? *BORN FROM A VIRGIN I MIGHT ADD*

Hope You don't fall for satan's version of immanuel, because the real Immanuel already came.

THEIR "ETHNOGENESIS" SAYS ASHKENAZI ARE FROM JAPHETH AND NOT SHEM. THEREFORE THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT SEMETIC AT ALL. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THE ATHEISTS. CHRISTIANS ARE PROBABLY MORE BRAINWASHED THAN THEY ARE. I NEED THE CRITICAL THINKERS WHO SPOT CONTRADICTION AND I NEED THEM TO BECOME AWARE OF THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS CREATED "ISREAL" WHICH IS CAUSING SUFFERING OVER A LIE. PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ARGUE OVER A LIE.

THIS IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION. THE CREATION OF THE FAKE Untited Nations, isreali state.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS MANMADE ISREAL IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION:
Ezekiel 38 mentions how Gog, the chief prince of Meshec and Tubal, the Son of Japhet, from the Isle's of the gentiles and lands of the north, aka Europe,(Genesis 10:2). Come against the Land of the real ISRAEL, in the latter days. Gog cannot be Iran for obvious reasons being that it is the land of Persia also mentioned in Ezekiel 38 as a separate entity. Ezekiel 38:10 mentions How the thought of "stealing" the real Israel came to the prince of Meshec and Tubal, GOG. That's why there is so much conflict in the middle east now. That's why 9/11 was an inside job. That's why they want to go to war with Iran and like talking about it everyday on the news.

GOG,MAGOG,MESHEC AND TUBAL are not descendents of Shem, read Genesis 10:2 it's there in plain english. They are descendants of Japheth, brother to Shem. They are the one's who go against the Land of Israel, by force and occupation mentioned in Ezekiel 38 in the latter days AKA NOW. They are the one's who thought the evil thought mentioned in Ezekiel38:10. That thought was to PLAGIARISE The Word of YAHUWAH and His Prophecy. YHWH even mentions how it brings His "fury upon His face", when they do it. We are in the latter days as the fake "UN" created isreal is 100% undeniable proof. The same entity that is behind 9/11 is also behind the creation of the UN's fake 'isreal'.

Also when YAHUWAH/YAHUSHUA addresses the 7 churches of Asia in the Book of Revelation, which are where the 144,000 of the lost tribe of Israel will be chosen from, they would have to be believers in order for Him to address them. The jewish people of the fake UN created 'isreal' don't believe in the one people wrongfully call 'jesus', so where does that make any sense? Gog and Magog are the sole owners of the fake UN created 'isreal'. Satanic forces under the guidance of satan deceived the world into believing who 'isreal' really is supposed to be, but it is YAHUWAH'S will because the people who were to represent Him, whom He blessed as the Sons of Shem, disobeyed Him and were sinning TREMENDOUSLY. We all are paying for sin no matter how close you are to your Creator.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Question for the people who believe in The Old Testament and not the New like the ones who study JUDAISM: WHICH IMMANUEL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? *BORN FROM A VIRGIN I MIGHT ADD*

Hope You don't fall for satan's version of immanuel, because the real Immanuel already came.

THEIR "ETHNOGENESIS" SAYS ASHKENAZI ARE FROM JAPHETH AND NOT SHEM. THEREFORE THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT SEMETIC AT ALL. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THE ATHEISTS. CHRISTIANS ARE PROBABLY MORE BRAINWASHED THAN THEY ARE. I NEED THE CRITICAL THINKERS WHO SPOT CONTRADICTION AND I NEED THEM TO BECOME AWARE OF THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS CREATED "ISREAL" WHICH IS CAUSING SUFFERING OVER A LIE. PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ARGUE OVER A LIE.

THIS IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION. THE CREATION OF THE FAKE Untited Nations, isreali state.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mezedok7

God destroyed the first earth age because of what Satan did .

I think you maybe close to correct here, but would offer for consideration this.

What Satan did in the First Earth Age, destroyed the Earth. The Genesis 1:2 translation expresses attributes affixed to Satan, or the Devil, or the Dragon, or the Serpent, or whatever moniker we opt to apply.

Genesis 1:2 and the Earth "became" a WASTE and a DESOLATION.........

Two terms associated with Satan and the acts he has and will partake in.

The people created on the sixth day were all the races and to understand you must remember that a day to God is a thousand years to man so the sixth day was the sixth thousand year after the start of recreation of the earth.

Now, here again, I just wish to offer for consideration the following.

We can not affix a "Timeframe" to this term "Day". You have chosen to express the symbolic refrain that is utilized to indicate what a Day in the life of a man, means to the Almighty. It is not specifically what the Almighty may infact view this application of "day" to mean.

I can, going back to the First Day of Creation show charts which may reflect "Other" periods of time. We can use the Stars and the Procession of the Equinox to indicate period of Time. That would suggest a "day" could have been 2200 some odd years, (forgive my generaliztion, since its been a while since I last refered to this). We are now entering the End of a Cycle of some 29000 Years of the Zodiac, as it moved through the skies.

The main point is that time is meaningless to GOD. He is Timeless, afterall.

I hope you understand what I mean. We do not wish to set an undefinable period within margins, as we have seen within various sect of Christiandom. Still to this day they claim GOD made the Heavens and the Earth in 168 Hours.

Good input though. Keep the truth alive. Deny Ignorance.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join