It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let US Make MAN In Our Image" What About Women?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

I agree with some of what your saying but Satans fun time with his fallen angels on earth was after Adams creation.
The sons of angels and men the nephilim were the reason for the destruction of the great flood because there were none clean other than Noah and his family. I would like to know were your interpretation comes from though because I love the study of religion in general

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by ucantcme

you know as well as i do that you don't joke around with strangers on a conspiracy forum unless you want a fight...

i will never lighten up...

Am I just joking around?

have a good time tonight.

I could care less if you are joking or not. I would tell you to have a good night yourself but I wouldn't mean it...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by Azadok

I agree with some of what your saying but Satans fun time with his fallen angels on earth was after Adams creation.
The sons of angels and men the nephilim were the reason for the destruction of the great flood because there were none clean other than Noah and his family. I would like to know were your interpretation comes from though because I love the study of religion in general

Scripture does not say exactly when the angels started acting up but it gives us clues to how many there were when Israel first entered their land and the giants were in all the tribes . They were also all over Sodam and Gamorrah so it is safe to say the the angels started right in on the sixth day creation of all the races trying to destroy Gods plan . That is why Satan seduced Eve in the garden of Eden . Again Satan attacking Gods plan of salvation .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's the biggest problem I have with the bible. Everybody interprets it differently. If God truly wanted us to follow his word, why would he have a book that has caused so much confusion and interpretations that the majority of people on this planet can't agree on.

God is all knowing "according to the bible", so why would he have his "word" misrepresented so easily when he knew before hand different religions would claim different meanings? Why make references to things that sound totally theatrical, fabled, and for the most part like the story of Noah, completely ridiculous. If we all came from Adam and Eve, wouldn't we all be mentally challenged? Oh, and how many different versions are their of Adam and Eve? If God created the world in seven days, how long did he take to create the universe with it's billions of galaxies?

Today, people don't believe anything unless there is some kind of physical evidence or numerous witnesses to an event. So why do so many people take these biblical stories as based upon fact? If someone told you that one-eyed monsters lived on a remote island would you believe them? Today unless they could prove it, they would be scoffed at and ridiculed.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

TextI would like to know were your interpretation comes from though because I love the study of religion in general
reply to post by darknull

The bible was written in Hebrew and a lot of the translation is lost in the English rendering . If you are serious about learning the truth then use only a King James Bersion of the bible because you can take a Strongs concordance and bring it back to its original languages to check for translation errors . Go to you tube and look up Shepherds Chapel , the guy is great he teaches the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse , he knows the bible off the top of his head in several languages . He can open your eyes and if you ask God for help and are serious God will send help just as He promised. Peace and good luck I will help you when I can .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

True it doesnt say when in the scripture but at that time it doesnt say anything about salvation either. Also depending on whos telling the story it could have been jealous Lilith that tempted Eve. Also what might not be known Abel was with his sister cant remember her name with that and god favoring him it flipped Cains wig. After Cain was mark he got with Lilith who being the dominant woman she was along with her blood fetish is one of the ways vampires got started.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

O lol I was southern baptist from my youth now Im agnostic I usually have to say that in every religious thread I post in sooner or later. I was saved and baptised but had my reason for leaving the church. Anyway Ive read the king james version multiple time. What I think is ironic is missionaries going to Ethiopia to convert some of the most religious people in the first place. If you go on religious lore Ethiopia was were the Ark of the covent was opened and thats the reason nothing grows there. Also the Ethiopian bible has alot more books than king james.
My favorite one out of them is the book of Thomas, it tells of Jesus as a child and was wrote by his older brother Thomas.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am a firm believer that God knew exactly what books he wanted us to have when the KJV bible was written , just about every single church of man is corrt and the teachings they have do not reflect the truth of Gods word. This is because Satan thru his children have always made sure they were in positions of authority to corrupt churches and their teachings . The book of revelation tells it clearly , Jesus only approves of two churches !Smurna and Philadelphia because they witness for one another about the Jews that say they are of our brother Judah but are of the synagog of Satan .

These are the tares in the parable of the wheat and tares and the Pharisee that Jesus spoke to in John 8: 40-44. He tells the Pharisee " ye are of your father the devil "

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Groupies –

And that means you, too, Azadok !

Don’t be fooled by illiterate fundamentalist ‘bible believers’ who cannot even read the texts that they purport to believe in – that is, in their original languages.

There are (2) Creation Myths of the Jews in the book of Genesis, and they DO NOT match in content, vocabulary, theology, Weltanschauung, spelling, syntax or grammar.

The FIRST Creation Myth in Genesis is 1:1 – 2:4a continued in Gen 5:1-32 etc ; the writer lived during the time of the Prophet Hezekiel and uses Hezekiel’s ‘northern’ spelling and word order (c. 550 BCE) – long after the time of ‘Moses’ and full of Babylonian loan words. In this Myth (called P for ‘priestly’) of Creation, the writer has MALE & FEMALE being created together in the image of the Elohim : AND HE CALLED THEIR NAME ADAM. This is the story which includes 6 days of Creation and One day of Rest for ELOHIM.

Here’s a piece of P’s version of the Creation Myth #1 of the Jews in Gen 1:26 And ELOHIM said, “Let us make Man in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals] and over all the creatures that move on the face of the Ground.”
Then ELOHIM created mankind in his own image, in the image of the ELOHIM he created them; male and female he created them.

Gen 5:1 And when ELOHIM created mankind, he made them in the likeness of ELOHIM – And he made them Male & Female and he blessed them an he called THEIR Name ADAM in the day in which they were created.
Compare this first P Creation Myth with the SECOND Creation Myth of the Jews in Genesis 2:4b to 4:26 – whose writer lived c. 722 BCE and uses an accent which is Hebronite (southern Judean), there is NO SIX days of anything – Adam is first formed from mud (admah) and then YHWH-ELOHIM breathes into his nostrls the ‘breath of Life’ and ‘Adam became a living Nephesh’ (‘breather’); only then are animals formed from mud and brought to him for mating/naming; and finally Chavvah is brought to the man ‘as a helper’ formed from his ‘side’ – clearly a contradiction between the creation of males & females together in the P version.

So we are dealing with TWO very contradictory myths of creation in the opening chapters of the ‘hebrew Bible’ – and anyone who denies this fact is a. a liar or b. non-conversant with unpointed paleo-Hebrew and ancient mythmaking (cf: the Bablylonian Enuma Elish, for example).

Now don't tell me any of this is NEW to you ATS'ers !!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

TextGen 5:1 And when ELOHIM created mankind, he made them in the likeness of ELOHIM – And he made them Male & Female and he blessed them an he called THEIR Name ADAM in the day in which they were created.

Genesis 5:1 starts the beneology of Adam no creations just a family tree, I don't know what bible you are reading from but it is not one I ever read. The lie of the churches is that their are two creation stories explaining one creation . The post I made earlier explains the truth of this without the fairy tales of other books.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hahaha hope tis not thy that thou speakest of lol. Never said I believe in any book I was raised to but that changed. I dont have any of my books in front of me or I could go blow for blow with you. My stuffs from memory and memory can be corrupted. I study any religion i hear about in the fullest I can.
edit on 21-3-2012 by darknull because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

"Man" is just a way to say "humanity" friend. Of course God loves women just as much as men. Have you been reading the "Gospel of Thomas" or something?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Never mind misread
edit on 21-3-2012 by darknull because: moot point

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's funny that you say this...
My dumb neighbor just got Plastic surgery...
He is a 'women' now..

But...

I will be a SEXY man.... and women.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

TextI would like to know were your interpretation comes from though because I love the study of religion in general

The bible was written in Hebrew and a lot of the translation is lost in the English rendering . If you are serious about learning the truth then use only a King James Bersion of the bible because you can take a Strongs concordance and bring it back to its original languages to check for translation errors . Go to you tube and look up Shepherds Chapel , the guy is great he teaches the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse , he knows the bible off the top of his head in several languages . He can open your eyes and if you ask God for help and are serious God will send help just as He promised. Peace and good luck I will help you when I can .

I agree, Dr. Chuck Missler has outstanding commentaries too. And I suggest looking at several commentaries when a question arises.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Doesn't the bible say that eve was made from the rib of Adam(the first apparent man)? Maybe creating a human was more important than humans reproducing back in the day.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

When man was created he was just like a blob and could not move around freely so was gobbled up by Dinasours, so they had to keep making new ones, well after a while they (Gods) got tired of all this, so they came up with a plan for a way to recreate man, and they put a Womb in the Man and it became WOMBMAN.

Most things in life are simple and so was this, after a while the MB was dropped and it became Woman.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

Doesn't the bible say that eve was made from the rib of Adam(the first apparent man)? Maybe creating a human was more important than humans reproducing back in the day.

Well, you have to create the first two at least, Adam wasn't asexual. After that we were told to multiply and have dominion.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

the only troll here is you.

f off...thanx much.

I would say the op is a troll but that is just me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

My favorite one out of them is the book of Thomas, it tells of Jesus as a child and was wrote by his older brother Thomas.

What? Jesus had an older brother? Scandalous! I guess Mary wasn't a virgin after all!

To the OP, the Genesis story lays the ground work for the justification of the unreasonable oppression of women for the next 6 thousand years. The god of the OT clearly didn't like women much.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join