It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A potential solution for illegal immigration?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Comes down to this
We can spend tons of money trying to enforce inefficient laws that will lead to nothing. Build walls that can be overcome in about 4 seconds, and landmine the place that leads to lots of supercool death....
Granted, all this will cost tons to maintain
But at least...erm...

or

We can make a process where everyone wins, we save money, we tax them, and they learn english.

It doesn't take much thought to figure out which one is more desirable.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My solution –

Defense of the borders of the United States is clearly not a Law enforcement issue it is a military one – preventing invasion.

Step 1:

Put up a fence along the border.

Then put up another one 100 feet behind that one.

In between place a bunch of anti-personnel mines.

Place signs on the outer fence indicating the presence of mines and a disclaimer that mines don’t care what country you are from…if you don’t want to die don’t get between the fences.

Use the entry points and proper procedures for immigration/visitation. Have a nice day. US Gov’t

Then in towers every 300 yards have young American Soldiers with sniper rifles. Order #1 - shoot anyone who touches the inner fence.

Signs – don’t touch the fence or you will die amigo!

Step 2:

Deport anyone here illegally right now without regard to their age or circumstance…

Pretty easy really – just not politically correct enough

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Want a solution?

here:

Give illegals 30 days to vacate the country. Allow them to get their affairs in order and ship them back to where ever they came from.

Make it punishable by a million dollar fine and 20 yrs in prison for each illegal immigrant an employer hires.

See how many employers all of a sudden are looking for Americans and legal residents to hire. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I am sure if you posted signs in between those watch towers that say Trespassers will be shot, and survivors will be shot again. I think people would think twice about crossing that line illegally. No one should feel discouraged on coming to the U.S. but it should encourage people to go through the citizenship legality the right way instead of sneaking between the cracks where it can affect all...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
My solution –

Defense of the borders of the United States is clearly not a Law enforcement issue it is a military one – preventing invasion.

Step 1:

Put up a fence along the border.

Then put up another one 100 feet behind that one.

In between place a bunch of anti-personnel mines.

Place signs on the outer fence indicating the presence of mines and a disclaimer that mines don’t care what country you are from…if you don’t want to die don’t get between the fences.

Use the entry points and proper procedures for immigration/visitation. Have a nice day. US Gov’t

Then in towers every 300 yards have young American Soldiers with sniper rifles. Order #1 - shoot anyone who touches the inner fence.

Signs – don’t touch the fence or you will die amigo!

Step 2:

Deport anyone here illegally right now without regard to their age or circumstance…

Pretty easy really – just not politically correct enough

And there we have the crux the matter. Political correctness is a bane on this country, and those who promote it know it. The useful idiots who parrot it fall right into the plans of those who want to destroy America, and have thus far been doing just that quite successfully (of course PC is not the only problem as we all know).

TPTB WANT illegals in the country to help demote the US to third-world status by diluting wealth into the illegal population. The parasites will naturally ship massive quantities of this wealth back to their home countries, completely removing it from the middle and lower classes here. Of course, the upper classes are affected almost nothing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
but it should encourage people to go through the citizenship legality the right way instead of sneaking between the cracks where it can affect all...

If there is a legal way
Then why do they come in here illegally?

Is the process broken?

Cant say because they are too lazy to wait in line or fill out paperwork...these are people that will risk literal death to simply live here, even if they are only getting pennies a day for hard work...
so, something is biting them in mexico enough to be desperate enough to flee, and the process isn't working well enough to where they can do it legally...

makes one wonder.

If I was in some sort of hell, and next door was comparatively paradise, I would try to get in. If legal means was impossible, I would find a way anyhow.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
The parasites will naturally ship massive quantities of this wealth back to their home countries, completely removing it from the middle and lower classes here. Of course, the upper classes are affected almost nothing.

So,
the home country (mexico) will become wealthy on the backs of us.
and therefore, Mexico will become a nice wealthy nation....
thereby eliminating mexicans wanting to come to the US to get wealth...

gotcha.

so...why isn't mexico wealthy yet? This has been going on for a long, long time.

Here is my observation.
I remember a country that blamed a race of people on the economic hardship. They suggested that because these people were funneling money away, the nation was hurting..and blamed most of the problems on them.
A leader arose with a final solution..

tisk tisk.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

I am sure if you posted signs in between those watch towers that say Trespassers will be shot, and survivors will be shot again. I think people would think twice about crossing that line illegally.

That is basically what I am getting at - there is no real penalty for crossing illegally and the rewards are great. We need to invert that axis. Make the penalty harsh and the rewards if you do it illegally minimal. Do away with the stupid law that lets the children of illegal’s born here be citizens automatically. Sure if they are here legally...but if you are here on a tourist visa or something that doesn't entitle progeny to US citizenship. That is stupid.

reply to post by Golf66

No one should feel discouraged on coming to the U.S. but it should encourage people to go through the citizenship legality the right way instead of sneaking between the cracks where it can affect all...

I agree whole heartedly - immigration has made our nation what it is.

I am all for it - but legally.

I have hired immigrants to work on my dairy farm with their green cards.

Hardest working people I have ever had in my employ. I have hired one to stay on as my herd manager - I am helping him do the paperwork to apply for citizenship and bring his wife and daughters here. I will hire his wife as well if she wants to work on the farm. I am had an apartment built over the office for him to live in. I have offerd to help him get financing to build a place of his own and will let him build it on my land if he should so choose. I would willingly give him a few acres for a home.

He is very anti-illegal immigration and has turned people in (i never saw this he said so and he's never lied to me that I know of.) for the practice. He says it makes his life harder in the US when people disrespect the process and take advantage.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I am proud to call myself a Texan....I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could. I have been here for 11 years and there is much to love and admire about this state.

Image issues? More like ignorance from people who have never been here, do not know the people, and everything they think they know is stereotypes from television.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Been there twice in the last year and maybe was too close to the border towns but all I heard about was shootings and local government embezzlement and fraud of this type or another. The population was about 50/50 english speaking and absolute no abla englaise. Guess that is the norm and I would almost expect it to be worse but geographically speaking I guess it is really not surprising. As far as the violence i live in Minneapolis and we dont even show up on the radar in comparison, and up till then i thought this was the most violent place outside of Hell. The gulf was pretty aside from the tar balls tho. Your local news does make an impression, dont think I would call it a bias tho. Seemed pretty straight up and catered to tell the news as it is to the people who live there. Would almost be safer on the other side of the border.

edit on 21-3-2012 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Nucleardiver

Agreed with those who say enforce the existing laws.

But if those laws are so inept that they cannot stop the incessant flood of illegals from washing in and parasiting off the US and its citizens, we could always landmine the border.

Bet that would stop them.
edit on 3/21/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Its not the laws that are enept, its the spineless SOB,s we have running this country that are enept.

I have said for a long time now that the landowners in border states that own boarder property should have every right to enforce the immigration laws on their property as they see fit. After all, this is not just a matter of immigration, it is a peaceful invasion of our nation.

The illegals that cross into our nation are not US Citizens and therefore are not afforded the protections of our constitution. However the citizens of this country are and the Constitution states that it is the duty of the federal government to secure our borders. If the government won't then I say the people must.

If our government officials love the Mexican people so much then I say we should pack up their crap for the
And send them to Mexico. They were elected/appointed to serve and protect the American people, not a bunch of criminal invaders.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I completely agree. It really is a non-violent invasion.

People think countries can only be conquered via military means, but oh how wrong they are. Conquering via cultural dilution/displacement is just as effective, and in many ways, MORE effective and efficient than the military conquest of an opposing nation, because even after military conquest, you still are forced to assimilate the entire population of the conquered nation to really make it a part of your own.

What we see here is simply the bypassing of the military part, and the going straight into the culture assimilation phase, in this instance it being displacement and marginalization of the existing culture, supplanted with the invading one.

This isnt possible without the consent/assistance of the bureaucrats in power. They are truly traitors to this country, and are all integral in its demise.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I completely agree. It really is a non-violent invasion.

Indeed - this is why I said the issue is not one of law enforcement but of national defense.

Not only are our leaders complicit in the invasion they are responsible.

This goes for both "sides" (if there is such a distinction any longer) of the aisle; they want the invasion for different reasons of course.

One wants to exploit the cheap labor to pander to their power base...

The other wants to create yet another "victim" class of people to rescue thus engendering support for their power base.

The key word is power - the dark lord does not share power....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I am proud to call myself a Texan....I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could. I have been here for 11 years and there is much to love and admire about this state.

Image issues? More like ignorance from people who have never been here, do not know the people, and everything they think they know is stereotypes from television.

My father was born in Texas. He hates Texas.

Now, I dont hate Texas, I just hate the food.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
These people that display such an ardently hate towards other people fighting for a better life are the ones that wouldn't think twice about lining up to have a barcode put on their forehead to keep them "safe" from illegals.

They are coming here because there are companies that are willing to hire them, they typically work for less money and that's just capitalism at work.

less labor cost = more profit.

I believe everyone deserves a chance at a better life for their families and themselves.

I've said this in another thread, I do not support illegal immigration but I'm also not going to sit here and hate on other people for coming here at a shot at a better life.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
These people that display such an ardently hate towards other people fighting for a better life are the ones that wouldn't think twice about lining up to have a barcode put on their forehead to keep them "safe" from illegals.

I don't hate anyone for their race - I hate a lot of individuals for their actions/inactions but groups; not so much.

Anyway, that's why my solution is awesome. Land mines can't discriminate, they don't see race, age, sex etc., you just put them in the ground and put up a warning that they are there. There are ways around the mines - legal ones through the ports of entry and gates. Want in - take those legal avenues of approach. If not take your chances with the mines.

I've said this in another thread, I do not support illegal immigration but I'm also not going to sit here and hate on other people for coming here at a shot at a better life.

I read the whole thread and I don't see anyone who said they hate people for wanting a better life. I think people are saying - you want to immigrate to the US go through the legal process to do so.

Anything rewarding is hard - if legal immigration was easy everyone would do it. Instead, because there are no real penalties for illegal invasion of the US they come in droves.

I say put up the fence deport the lawbreakers - be they the foreigners or the businesses who employ them. It's not that hard to verify citizenship for Christ’s sake I have a management/human resources team of a small size (1 - me) for my business and I can make a few calls in a half hour and get it done.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I don't hate anyone for their race - I hate a lot of individuals for their actions/inactions but groups; not so much.

Anyway, that's why my solution is awesome. Land mines can't discriminate, they don't see race, age, sex etc., you just put them in the ground and put up a warning that they are there. There are ways around the mines - legal ones through the ports of entry and gates. Want in - take those legal avenues of approach. If not take your chances with the mines.

I read the whole thread and I don't see anyone who said they hate people for wanting a better life. I think people are saying - you want to immigrate to the US go through the legal process to do so.

Anything rewarding is hard - if legal immigration was easy everyone would do it. Instead, because there are no real penalties for illegal invasion of the US they come in droves.

I say put up the fence deport the lawbreakers - be they the foreigners or the businesses who employ them. It's not that hard to verify citizenship for Christ’s sake I have a management/human resources team of a small size (1 - me) for my business and I can make a few calls in a half hour and get it done.

I'd support your landmine "solution" if you also would propose putting landmines on the Canadian border

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'd support your landmine "solution" if you also would propose putting landmines on the Canadian border

If I was not clear I mean the entire border...fence it all in plant the mines - make the signs and sit back and see who wants to violate the national border then.

Won't take more than a few bodies stacked-up for people to get the idea we are serious.

Then deport the people here illegally and we are all set.

You want a better life - not a problem, just sign here, here and here....

So we at least know who is here and what they stand for; America needs neither more "victims" (tax sponges) nor “predators” (criminals) have plenty of those home grown.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've read the thread and had to chime in. Why does everyone assume that all the illegals are Mexican or of South American decent? I personally have known a Russian, Scottish, Chinese and numerous other South American types that were illegal.

The Russian with his prison record (tattooed all over his body and verified by a former Ukrainian police officer that I work with at the time) would not be allowed in via legal methods.

The Scottish lady came over on a visa as a nanny, when her services were no longer needed and her visa had expired, she simply moved to a different town.

The Chinese couple worked for a Chinese guy that owned the restaurant next to my old office. I remember him wanting to use our fax machine several times to get their "visas straightened out". I remember him telling me that it was a strong possibility that they would have to go back and he was really stressed out about it. Less than a month later, lo and behold, he's happy, they get to stay and life goes on. Needless to say about two months later, he said that they had moved. About a year later he was busted for running a drug ring in his basement.

Another old co-worker of mine was from Argentina. I had left that job years ago and still stayed in touch with some of my buddies from there. I found out that Carlos had been deported back to his country. No one had known he was an illegal until the e-verify came into play. I do know when I had left, he had been working there for nearly 17 years.

So, long story short, yes my heart bleeds but to a point. I do sympathize but I cannot condone. The legal immigrants that went through the process to get to this country feel cheated, belittled and are looking on with complete disbelief as we the citizens bicker back and forth between ourselves over what our bleeding hearts want and what our pride and sense of lawfulness require.

I do not think that by allowing the illegals to work for the government, stay in government housing and go to school over a citizen is acceptable under any circumstances. So the solution that you propose may sound like it works, but if it were ever to be implemented, it would eventually back fire and we would have more of an illegal immigration problem due to the fact that we would again be rewarding illegal behavior.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamreader

Why does everyone assume that all the illegals are Mexican or of South American decent?

I never assumed that they were just Mexicans or South Americans. They can be Chinese or whatever land in Tijuana or Juarez and cross the border...I am sure there are many types of illegals, but Mexico and South America have a bad rep with the U.S. government so of course they will stress the issue to make it seem like Mexicans or South Americans are the bad seed of illegal "aliens" when it reality it is everyone who isn't Mexican or South American as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join