It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A potential solution for illegal immigration?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I understand what you're saying and not knocking you for that. I personally do tend to think south for the leaky boarder. I think it's due to the population demographic from where I'm from. I did notice that after the economy started tanking in 2008, there was a certain demographic type that did become less noticeable.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How about making the punishment for illegal entry 10 years of hard labor and that labor is digging a Texas canal to replace the Panama canal between our two countries Upon completion those remaining in custody are given pardons and sent home.
Let's see how many swim across the canal just to run up against thirty or forty feet of wall and still make it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Fill that river with alligators and on the US side a 40 ft concrete wall facing backwards to mexico and you might have a good defense. If the water hazard is made about half a mile wide and over 50 ft deep most people will not risk swimming it. Its really aggravating how we do our immigration in america though. more would do it right if they did not have to pay over 5 grand to become a citizen.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It sounds great except two things- 1) what about the people that already do those jobs, and 2) The government cost would be so high that it would be the equivelant of paying each of these illegal immigrants $30-$40 an hour. Lets just send them back and bill Mexico, or whichever country they are from, for having to deal with the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Here's a solution for you to ponder and I think it would work excellent.............ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS!

Problem solved!

Star for you ND...
Also: per Roberts Rule of Order:
Motion seconded and passed... all in favor...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Simple way to solve illegal immigration: Stop the jobs and freebies.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Heres my idea, the State of Texas no longer recognizes the Government as being a Constitutional Republic and Secedes. Texas adopts original version of US constitution, while encouraging other states to follow it's lead. Marijuana is Legalized. Illegals are deported. People are welcomed to join the state of Texas as well as other states. Those migrated citizens who take an oath to have citizenship are given a rifle to help defend the interests of the Constitutional Republic.

I second that for the State of California
Only difference is, Marijuana is already legalized here
and we love it

Just leave the guns at the door like in Tombstone, during the Wyatt Earp days...otherwise too much Tequilla on one side and Jack on the other side....Could potentially be a deadly mix...just sayin'

Long live the WEST

ETA
I have never starred or flagged you...but you're welcome (this time)
edit on 3/21/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Golf66

I am sure if you posted signs in between those watch towers that say Trespassers will be shot, and survivors will be shot again. I think people would think twice about crossing that line illegally. No one should feel discouraged on coming to the U.S. but it should encourage people to go through the citizenship legality the right way instead of sneaking between the cracks where it can affect all...

Don't forget to also translate that sign into Spanish so they can't say....

"No Habla Ingles"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is a great idea and things might actually get done. Right now you have projects slowed down so people can suck as much out of the project as they can for one reason or another. I agree with a path to citizenship. I know that the immigration laws have had a devastating effect on certain agricultural enterprises. There is room for a few more people. I know I'll get slammed from all sides but what are we going to do for servants and childcare workers in this country? There are no American servants. Americans don't know how to be servants and there are no schools.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

He had some pamphlets and said that they only need to go to this course that gives them a job, a place to stay, and teaches them english.

There are too little jobs already for US citizens. Where will the jobs to give illegals come from? Will they replace US citizens, increasing unemployment and pushing wages down for everyone? Also, you cannot give them just any job, but only those they are qualified for. And who is going to pay for english lessons and place to stay?

Not even US citizens enjoy the luxury of state-provided jobs, housing and lessons, yet you want to give to illegals?

With this kind of thinking, you may as well abolish the border completely, IMHO.

I say enforce the law, protect the border and deport the illegals. Legal immigration process could be simplified, tough.

edit on 22/3/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Heres my idea, the State of Texas no longer recognizes the Government as being a Constitutional Republic and Secedes. Texas adopts original version of US constitution, while encouraging other states to follow it's lead. Marijuana is Legalized. Illegals are deported. People are welcomed to join the state of Texas as well as other states. Those migrated citizens who take an oath to have citizenship are given a rifle to help defend the interests of the Constitutional Republic.

Meanwhile Texas Will put you in jail for 20/25 for Marijuana LOL

Or force you to register your church home, with your place of employment LOL

California is much more free if we are talking personal freedom and not corporate
freedom

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A simple solution:

First: Close the boarder.

Second: Stop worrying about offending someone, and start having pride in AMERICA

Third: If the "system" would stop worrying about petty "drug" such as marijuana and other natural herbs, then you would have plenty of money and resources to deal with the issue.

fourth: What the hell is wrong with having a register of foreign born people in every town, and have them periodically checked on to be sure they aren't harboring anyone illegal.

fifth: Get rid of the "born here" then you are an american.

sixth: why not actually prosecute for the crime? I have seen many times where an illegal person has been ticketed or an official has been called to investigate a situation involving the person, yet they are never arrested, and if they are, most cities just let them go.

I am tired of listening to people wine and cry about things, but not willing to standup for there beliefs at the voting booths and such. These politicians play a big game, but in the end, the situation is purposely created, so that the american people can focus on these issues at the polls instead of the real ones, which is just putting money in there pockets.

Ask yourself this, if you live in a manufacturing district, how many "blue collar" American born citizens are currently out of a job in your area?

Next time you go by one of these manufacturing facilities during a shift change, take a look and tell me that all of these men and women working are Native to the United States? How many speak english? How many seem to drive nice cars, while you are driving a clunker?

This may not be true everywhere, but it is in my town, and I promise they are not all legal.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

He had some pamphlets and said that they only need to go to this course that gives them a job, a place to stay, and teaches them english.

There are too little jobs already for US citizens. Where will the jobs to give illegals come from? Will they replace US citizens, increasing unemployment and pushing wages down for everyone? Also, you cannot give them just any job, but only those they are qualified for. And who is going to pay for english lessons and place to stay?

They are already here
They are already taking our jobs
but instead of making minimum wage and paying taxes, they are making less than min and paying no taxes.
This concept gets them on the books and paying taxes, along with spreads them out and gives them a functional trade/teaches english.

Eventually we will have to look at reality verses our 50 year long head in the ground approach.

Put a guard post every 5 miles and you are only going to make a few guards at a post rich (big industry, especially agricultural industry) requires the truckloads of illegals to work their farms...they will most certainly be paying a good amount of money to various guards to turn a blind eye at certain hours.). My concept addresses many issues that are based in reality.

But meh..the most popular meme is to do nothing I guess...the lets shoot em fans verses lets discuss rational alternatives.

So far, my favorite argument against it was...if we turn them into americans, they will take jobs from americans...heh. (erm..not if they are americans themselves...then thats just called employment).

There is one good point that was made though...immigrants (not just mexicans) tend to send a significant amount of their paycheck back home to help out their family. I don't know how this can be stopped without harming everyone in the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I always thought the solution was simple. If we can some how fix their homelands they wouldnt want to leave so bad. If we can fix Africa ,Mexico etc.. make them safe and democratic, people wouldnt want to or have to leave. I would love to buy a vacation house in mexico.. It is so beautiful but the the violence and corruption prevents me and i am sure a lot of other people. More businesses would go to these countries if they were safe. I know it sounds like a dream but I believe this would solve all of the immigration problems. I dont agree with the government hand outs but i also know i would do anything to keep my family safe which i think a lot of immigrants are trying just to protect there families and survive.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

California's also bankrupt, just to be fair.

And Texas is different when it comes to Marijuana then California or any other state. Marijuana is a misdemeanor, but if they catch you with enough of it, they charge you with Tax Evasion.

Texas Tax Stamp Law.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I have a better idea. Declare war against Mexico, use the justification of war to detain anyone of Mexican descent, and then after the war deport them all to what is left of Mexico. In the Peace treaty we can seize a buffer zone from Mexico(10 miles into their country) and level all buildings, homes and businesses within the buffer zone. Also outlaw human habitation of the buffer zone except for a few well guarded roads to allow for some trade.

<< 1  2   >>

join