It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The problem with that though is many rights do actually end on private property.

Or do you want a bunch of religious fanatics camping out in your living room telling you what a monster you are because you don't believe the same thing they do in the name of freedom of speech? After all, according to many protesters, rights mean they can do anything they want to anywhere they want to, such as trespassing at a dinner event in order to shout down the people who are speaking at it.

Unfortunately while Airlines may be privately owned, but it is a public service, and therefore should be held to the laws of the country and subject to the constitution. That means they really don't have the right to violate people's rights to privacy and invasive and unreasonable search and seizures. They just have the money and the golden rule is those who have the gold make the rules and there's nothing anybody else can do it, so the TSA's heavy handed tactics are here to stay, until it gets challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court. Until then, the utter crap of buying a ticket means expunging your rights will stay.

But the thing about this situation is this: after 911 the American people were screaming at the government and demanding that the airlines be made safe to travel.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Israel has the safest airport in the world and Im pretty sure they dont have TSA. Trust me the only thing you have to worry about is Gov't created attacks to make you feel unsafe and give up your liberty.

Yeah that's what gets me so much. These "terrorist" attacks are inside jobs, yet everyone is so fearful of a terrorist getting on a plane with them. Maybe they should start thinking about who the real terrorists are. The TSA is not going to protect you from an inside job. But hey, if it makes you feel safe and secure to have someone feel up your genitals, just so you can fly across country to see grandma, go on ahead, but don't expect everyone to share your views.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So you like feeling safe yet they couldn't even stop a guy who couldn't figure out how to light his shoe on fire?

They do a lovely job raping, probing, and invading everyone's privacy without actually doing the job they're supposed to.

THATS why we hate the TSA. THATS why I take the train these days (after being an airline passenger for over 16 years), because I like being treated with DIGNITY and RESPECT.

Go to a major airport in the US 4-5 times a year and maybe you'll understand. While you're at it, read up on the TSA's "success" rate at catching terrorists. It's pitiful; most of the "terrorists" (Govt false flags in my opinion to stir public support for the TSA and war on terror) successfully made it on their flight without problem and were stopped not by Government agents, but instead by fellow passengers.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

They don't need a warrant - you agree with their terms and conditions, that state that searches may / will take place. If you don't want to be searched, then you can go through the scanner - or not buy the ticket at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

Its simple, 35% of people want something bad to happen to the 'USA', 15% who oppose ,are not that smart to realize the safety they bring to Americans airports, 4% think timothy McVeigh is their hero so they want to do another ‘Oklahoma’ in the United States, and the rest, just have to much time in life to spare, so they complain just to fit in with the crowd.

edit on 21-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here's a better question. Why do so FEW people NOT have issue with the TSA?

And maybe it's because I'm American, but what's Canadas love for hockey all about? Kidding, I love hockey. But that's how absurd your question sounds to me.

I'll keep my Bill Of Rights, and take my chances with the "terrorists".

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

WHAT!

are you insane? I ask that almost seriously.

35% of us want something bad to happen to our loved ones, our friends and our country???

Ummm, no.

We are not all retarded bored and insane people. We are human beings and have come to like dignity.
You sound like you would argue that people who don't support their local dictators are a bunch of girly men and they should quit whining when things get out of hand because if not they are just a bunch of terrorist hippies.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
Its simple, 35% of people want something bad to happen to the 'USA', 15% who oppose ,are not that smart to realize the safety they bring to Americans airports, 4% think timothy McVeigh is their hero so they want to do another ‘Oklahoma’ in the United States, and the rest, just have to much time in life to spare, so they complain just to fit in with the crowd.

I really hope you're not so scared of "the terrorists" that you feel that the fools at the TSA are justified in their practices and policies.

What makes you feel safer, removing your shoes, or the soft puffs of air they blow over you when you're in their machine?

Let me tell you, it's all just smoke and mirrors designed to get people used to being searched like common criminals even in the absence of evidence of a crime. They're not making anyone safer, they're just the window dressing to make people feel like they're safer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

WHAT!

are you insane? I ask that almost seriously.

35% of us want something bad to happen to our loved ones, our friends and our country???

Ummm, no.

We are not all retarded bored and insane people. We are human beings and have come to like dignity.
You sound like you would argue that people who don't support their local dictators are a bunch of girly men and they should quit whining when things get out of hand because if not they are just a bunch of terrorist hippies.

TextWe are not all retarded bored and insane people. We are human beings and have come to like dignity.

I honestly don’t no where you are from...you threw me off with the dignity, obviously not from the united states. Can I ask where you are from?

‘Dignity’ are you serious!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

oh and the rest having too much time on their hands.....we are all either out of work because our banks and our government betrayed us like a bunch of TRAITORS and sold us out for a buck. or looking for work

The rest of us are worked to the bone. You must either be retired or own a private jet because there is no way a sane and intelligent person sees this BS as a deterrent to real threats. You also must be the typical extremist that argues that either we are with you or against you, even if most of us do not agree with you.
edit on 21-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

New York bub. and yes dignity is not indigenous to any people. We as humans in the 21st century like dignity. Unless you think we are all just animals with cloths. If so I feel sorry for you. The world must really suck from your perspective. I still have hope and such.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

I really hope you're not so scared of "the terrorists" that you feel that the fools at the TSA are justified in their practices and policies.

What makes you feel safer, removing your shoes, or the soft puffs of air they blow over you when you're in their machine?

Let me tell you, it's all just smoke and mirrors designed to get people used to being searched like common criminals even in the absence of evidence of a crime. They're not making anyone safer, they're just the window dressing to make people feel like they're safer.

It makes me feel safe not to wake up to another 911 event.
It makes me feel safe to understand that they are at least....'TRYING' to keep Americans safe.
It makes me feel safe to fully understand that the worst attack in the USA could come from inside.

I love tsa, I think I will send them a thank you card,just to let them no that they are loved by us real ,True Americans.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I love tsa, I think I will send them a thank you card to let them no that they are loved by us real true Americans.

you crack me up sir.
enjoy.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

oh and the rest having too much time on their hands.....we are all either out of work because our banks and our government betrayed us like a bunch of TRAITORS and sold us out for a buck. or looking for work

The rest of us are worked to the bone. You must either be retired or own a private jet because there is no way a sane and intelligent person sees this BS as a deterrent to real threats. You also must be the typical extremist that argues that either we are with you or against you, even if most of us do not agree with you.

There is no way a sane and intelligent person will argue safety issues despite what it is, or how it is done. You break my heart! You really are a human with no compassion for safety, and obliviously a Judas towards your country.

Now I see how Jesus felt.

Every time somebody whines and pouts about the great government of the United States it reminds me of the event when Jesus was betrayed.

Right now I am crying, because I just cant see a NewYorker out of all states, not loving tsa…especially a new Yorker.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I love tsa, I think I will send them a thank you card,just to let them no that they are loved by us real ,True Americans.

Ok... so let me ask you then, since loving the TSA seems to be one of your stated prerequisites for being a "real" American, can you please tell me what I am?

Side though: Sending the TSA a love letter may constitute suspicious behavior. When a bunch of TSA goons show up with a box of latex gloves to return the love, don't tell us you weren't warned.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

New York bub. and yes dignity is not indigenous to any people. We as humans in the 21st century like dignity. Unless you think we are all just animals with cloths. If so I feel sorry for you. The world must really suck from your perspective. I still have hope and such.

The world doesnt suck,just the people in it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Ok... so let me ask you then, since loving the TSA seems to be one of your stated prerequisites for being a "real" American, can you please tell me what I am?

Side though: Sending the TSA a love letter may constitute suspicious behavior. When a bunch of TSA goons show up with a box of latex gloves to return the love, don't tell us you weren't warned.

Textcan you please tell me what I am?

As President George bush jr said.
'Either your with us,or against us'

Which side do you choose?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There is no way a sane and intelligent person will argue safety issues despite what it is, and how it is done. You break my heart! You really are a human with no compassion for safety, and obliviously a Judas towards your country.

Now I see how Jesus felt.

Every time somebody whines and pouts about the great government of the United States it reminds me of the event when Jesus was betrayed.

Right now I am crying, because I just cant see a NewYorker out of all states, not loving tsa…especially a new Yorker.

so you feel like Jesus? ok....

Don't cry, I don't want to die. You don't have to worry, the nearest window to me is really far away...

I can't understand "loving" a government entity. Do they like call you at night and ask you how the kids are?
You can argue the necessity for them...maybe. But to like adore them, you seem a little off the wall.

oh and keeping our government in check is what real Americans do. We don't follow tyranny with blind faith. In fact we don't like mixing faith and government at all in the USA. We are not trying to repeat the errors that led to the American revolution.

I can't have compassion for safety. It is a state of being. I can have compassion for my fellow Americans that are being treated like criminals just because they don't own private jets.

It is a little extreme to label people not wanting to get groped by grumpy goons as un American.
We are no safer. Do you really think that by you having your balls cupped that people with almost infinite resources cant attack us if they really wanted to? If you feel safer then good. We don't and we don't like to be raped just because the rule book we didn't write (or get consulted when written) says it is "the way."

We should reform our foreign policy that creates more extremist abroad if you really want to get at the crux of the problem.

and New Yorkers don't buy into BS police state control over us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

so you like rocks and animals but not your fellow man, like your fellow Americans. We suck?

then end it all. Why are you here. To convince us that this world is crap?

oh and the "with us or against us" thing is what dictators say. you are an extremist. Democratic society is not in line with your thinking. You are anti American.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

As President George bush jr said.
'Either your with us,or against us'

Which side do you choose?

LOL... thanks for the confirmation of your status, however my question remains: WHAT AM I IF I OPPOSE THE TSA?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join