It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

the bible is older yet some still find it useful.

most of our laws were written before we were born. You want cave men saying that their reality requires that you eat less because they are hungrier ?
You start throwing things like a nations constitution out the window and you throw society out as well. Unless you like the might makes right mentality. You should move to a dictatorship then.

The USA is no place for constitution burning terrorists.

edit on 21-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps a better security method would be to allow for all people to carry weapons onto planes. This way, if some idiot wants to hijack a plane, he or she won't be the only one with a gun.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Your precious Constitution allows no room for common sense

The 'sheeple bot' program has no 'common sense' up load in the soft ware design when it is uploaded to the brain of the sheeple bots…SAD!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

there is more to it. You ever catch some one lying? You ever scare some one?

There is a difference.

It's not just that one thing. That´s why people spend years training for this sort of thing. It's a combination of many things. The nervous guy might make you take notice of him, but it is more than that. That is just the first indicator. Like having a one way ticket out of your country. Or no luggage.

There are a bunch of things you can look for.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

Both your points add nothing to this discussion, as i've made clear.

Your precious Constitution allows no room for common sense - given there is a precendent for individuals trying to hijack planes, patdowns /scanners act as both a deterrent and an excellent way to identify such individuals.

Expecting a document thats over two hundred years old to still be just as applicable now is frankly, deluded.

It's not "just a document," but rather THE document that defines what being an American means. It's what guarantees your freedoms and rights, and serves as the very foundation of what this country is meant to be.

I absolutely disagree with your post, but freedom of speech, as guaranteed by the Constitution, dictates that I support your right to say what you will even if I'm offended by it.
edit on 3/21/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

TextI feel sorry for Americans that sold out what cost many lives trying to secure and keep. You dishonor everyone that worked hard to create this great country. You should move to Iran where reality is formed by a few fanatics and where secret police arrests people for voicing their concerns

worked hard

Your right, and i am sorry.

I guess it was hard work finding another races land ,and tricking them, as well as the massacre of the Indians,Netheraless bringing black slaves to build 97% of what America is today. I guess it was really hard to sit back, and watch other people do the back breaking work while your people just sat down, and wrote a bunch of stupid laws that hold no common sense to the real world, that god provided for the races of this land.

I guess the fingers get tired of working so hard in the history of this land huh.

You should move to Iran where reality is formed by a few fanatics and where secret police arrests people for voicing their concerns

UMM,Did you see the occupy wall street movment by the way?

edit on 21-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

That may be the most ignorant and dangerous staement I have read in years - if not EVER! The Constitution IS a "Get out" clause. It is the VERY CLAUSE that forces the government to GET OT of our lives and grants them only very specific authority over it. Your post belies your ignorance on the founding principles of this once-great country. Public education has replaced those principles with propagandized non-sense that leads to statements just like yours.

I'm very pleased I have had that effect on you! Do you not think it is equally as ignorant to presume that a document written over 200 years ago can still be just as applicable now as it was then? That it is above reproach? That because in this instance, as it benefits you, you choose to have it 'supercede' common-sense rules you don't agree with?

"They said if I don't walk through that scanner or let them pat me down, they can't let me on the flight!"

Oh the inhumanity!

I can't believe that an American would even say something as retarded as this. In other words, the Constitution is just a piece of paper, those old rules cannot possibly still even mean anything. Our new, "common sense rules" are way better.

I am just dumbfounded. This is like ninety percent of the people's attitude. That's the real scary part. This is apparently taught to them in school these days. The country is DOOMED.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
I personally like feeling safe when im on a plane, I like everyone being checked to make sure they dont have anything illegal on them.

I dont care if the person is young/old/has medical issues, etc. Everyone should be checked equally.

I dont see why people are attacking the TSA for making sure people are safe on their plane rides.

I see people doing their jobs to make sure innocent lives are not in danger.

You have just given a textbook example of Security Theater in practice.

Security theater is a term that describes security countermeasures intended to provide the feeling of improved security while doing little or nothing to actually improve security.

You may feel safe, but you are not actually safer. Furthermore you aren't protected in the thousands of other situations where you're just as vulnerable. Start exploring "If *I* wanted to cause panic in a country, where would *I* attack that would be the most effective?" and you'll start to quickly see the massive gaping holes that are far more open to attack than any airplane has ever been and able to cause far more fear and panic in the population.

It's an illusion of safety that seems to be more motivated by profit and political desires than protecting human lives.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/3/21 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Both your points add nothing to this discussion, as i've made clear.

Your precious Constitution allows no room for common sense - given there is a precendent for individuals trying to hijack planes, patdowns /scanners act as both a deterrent and an excellent way to identify such individuals.

Expecting a document thats over two hundred years old to still be just as applicable now is frankly, deluded.

TextExpecting a document thats over two hundred years old to still be just as applicable now is frankly, deluded.

Extrmely deluded if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

excuse me I had no part in that. My family did work damn hard and still do.

you have nothing more to offer me except trollish replies.

good bye terrorist. Go burn the constitution or the flag or whatever you do in your free time.

The rest of us will try and better our world. Enjoy the free sodomy your next visit to the airport.
Maybe one day when someone you love is being mistreated you will remember it is for your safety. I hope no calls the secret police on you like you advocate. You seem more and more like a traitor to me.

again OP,

this is the mentality that destroys a nation.
This is why we have beef with the TSA and every major attack on our founding principles.
This guy is the product of that thinking. Look to history and see where that dark road leads.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

You know nothing of the security business and lack common sense.

that whole post is trolling.

That whole post is what 'WE' call having free will.So sorry you dont have it ,and when i say im sorry,i honestly and truly mean that.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

troll

now you contradict yourself.

You like free speech but basically told another poster that you hope no one calls the secret police on him.

not to mention you just wiped your ass with our constitution that defines free speech.

nice.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

the bible is older yet some still find it useful.

most of our laws were written before we were born. You want cave men saying that their reality requires that you eat less because they are hungrier ?
You start throwing things like a nations constitution out the window and you throw society out as well. Unless you like the might makes right mentality. You should move to a dictatorship then.

Please don't get me started on the Bible!

I've never said it should be completely ignored, or thrown out the window. I simply stated that a document over 200 years old cannot still hold true and be as relevant now as it was then. That stands to reason - the world is a completely different place. That's not me being controversial, or being a constitution burning terrorist - its just a reiteration of a fact.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

that's why we have amendments. worked for 200 years

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

And thats all well and good, but as a Brit I do not expect the Magna Carta to be the default source of reason in 2012. No offence was meant - it is of course just my opinion - but I stand by my assertion that the Constitution's reverence to Americans does not make it beyond criticism.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

so, you would advocate against what to you is a foreign nations founding document / principles. You seem qualified. Being from the UK. You would understand what it means to us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Firstly, i'm not an American - not that it matters, as you seem adept at jumping to conclusions. I have never said that the Constitution is 'just' a piece of paper, or that the old rules cannot possibly still even mean anything, or that new common sense rules are better. If you think I have, then please quote me - otherwise, accept that you have misrepresented my posts.

Please read comments before trying to mount a criticism in the future. To help, i'll re-iterate - the Constitution was created in a much simpler time - to expect it to still be 100% applicable nowadays in unreasonable - any sane person could see that. There are, inevitably, going to be situations that seem to contradict or contravene the Constituition - but they are only a reflection of the times we live in now, not the times we used to live in.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptChaos

Firstly, i'm not an American - not that it matters, as you seem adept at jumping to conclusions. I have never said that the Constitution is 'just' a piece of paper, or that the old rules cannot possibly still even mean anything, or that new common sense rules are better. If you think I have, then please quote me - otherwise, accept that you have misrepresented my posts.

Please read comments before trying to mount a criticism in the future. To help, i'll re-iterate - the Constitution was created in a much simpler time - to expect it to still be 100% applicable nowadays in unreasonable - any sane person could see that. There are, inevitably, going to be situations that seem to contradict or contravene the Constituition - but they are only a reflection of the times we live in now, not the times we used to live in.

any sane person could see that

so what do the insane people see,im very curious?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

so, you would advocate against what to you is a foreign nations founding document / principles. You seem qualified. Being from the UK. You would understand what it means to us.

Do you have an opinion on the performance of professional sports teams / players? Are you a professional sportsman?

Do you have an opinion on the current economic climate? Are you an experienced entrepreneur?

Do you have an opinion on food that is served to you? Do you hold professional cooking qualifications or experience?

Just because I am not from America, doesnt mean I cant have an opinion on you, your beliefs of way of life.

Are you telling me that if I search through all your posts, you will not have passed any opinion or judgement on any country, professional or ideology that wasnt your own?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join