It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carrier Killer Threat: Mach 6 Speeds, No Way to Counter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
United states own the water, greatest navy force in history and the world. And china made one missle to blow it all up?"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am sure the US is aware of this.
The Chinese do not want a war with America. That would be so foolish on so many levels.
The history of the US is.............that they do not attack first (unless it is a false flag) ...they wait to be attacked.
Even their nuclear capabilities won't even reach US mainland. 2000 Nukes that can reach their country in minutes versus a missile that I am sure we can counter?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by Justwork
The US is probably the most subversive and vindictive enemy England has ever faced.

Which is why its handy their are our allies isnt it.......

And besides, its about the equipment they have on those new destroyers, im pretty sure a air craft carrier has plenty of space to bolt on tripple the amount of the same stuff for protection, plus whatever hair brained sceme the USA has to counter air targets better (lasers, rails microwave beams etc)

They have never been our allies, they have persued a policy of attacking English interests, nationals, military and political goals ever since they got their independance.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
wow this is gone way off topic

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They have never been our allies, they have persued a policy of attacking English interests, nationals, military and political goals ever since they got their independance.

Well, I would class my friends over there as allies, same as any other friendly country, yes, even the French.

Don't forget WWI, WWII, the ME crisis and all other joint adventures that the UK and USA have worked side by side in, whether we agree with them or not, and I don't agree with the ME situation, but still, allies.

If there was ever a conflict with China (god forbid), then I'm sure we would stand by the Americans.

And just because you wish the type-45 to fail against these missiles just so the Americans get blown to smithereens doesn't make it true. Have you even bothered trying to find out the facts yet?

edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: Manners and decorum.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Well, I would class my friends over there as allies, same as any other friendly country, yes, even the French.

Don't forget WWI, WWII, the ME crisis and all other joint adventures that the UK and USA have worked side by side in, whether we agree with them or not, and I don't agree with the ME situation, but still, allies.

If there was ever a conflict with China (god forbid), then I'm sure we would stand by the Americans.

And just because you wish the type-45 to fail against these missiles just so the Americans get blown to smithereens doesn't make it true. Have you even bothered trying to find out the facts yet?

edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: Manners and decorum.

You are a traitor.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

and YOU are making a thread about Chinese missiles hitting USA superchargers about england...

Remember its about the possibility of the new UK destroyers being able to handle the job.

Stop wiht this stuff man you ruining this guys thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
These national pride fuelled posts are funny. My ICBM is bigger than yours. Size doesn't matter.
phallic width = warhead length (angle of the tip) divided by the square of the vertical fin surface area + population of neocons and inverse the number and voila, the answer to who is better just needs to be rounded down to the lowest IQ within 2 meters of the observer.
Now, who wants some tea?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What is really impressive are the white wall tires on the missile transport vehicle. Like a boss!!! I wonder if it has a killer stereo.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe they can add some nice rims? 24's?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If we actually do have a war with china, do you honestly think that we would let them just blow up our carriers? hell no, tomahawks will be launched at the places that fire these missiles and our subs will sink whatever navy they have and the war would end like that. or look at it this way, china has like what 100 nukes? well we have thousands. as someone else stated, if there ever is a war with china it will be economic or a cold war of sorts. the chinese people would also most likely riot if the chinese military started a war of aggression.

the only way i see war with china starting up is if they invade taiwan and we would most likely retalliate and push them back. the real problem here is if china sells these missiles to iran or some other country in the middle east that wishes us harm

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

China no doubt has thousands of nukes, they would not build the 'underground' wall of China otherwise, possibly over 3000 miles worth of tunnels which are a hidden means of transporting them among other things. Any war between China and America would be economic and through proxies, in that regard China is winning....it will overtake America within 5 to 10 years. A full scale conflict would mean nuclear Armageddon.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Scripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I doubt they have thousands since they didnt really start to modernize their military till fairly recently. and an underground wall? where did you hear this? some links would be appreciated
edit on 20-3-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
If we actually do have a war with china, do you honestly think that we would let them just blow up our carriers? hell no, tomahawks will be launched at the places that fire these missiles and our subs will sink whatever navy they have and the war would end like that. or look at it this way, china has like what 100 nukes? well we have thousands. as someone else stated, if there ever is a war with china it will be economic or a cold war of sorts. the chinese people would also most likely riot if the chinese military started a war of aggression.

the only way i see war with china starting up is if they invade taiwan and we would most likely retalliate and push them back. the real problem here is if china sells these missiles to iran or some other country in the middle east that wishes us harm

Your military is as effective as a wet paper bag.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board. By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

Russian bomber buzzes U.S. aircraft carrier heading towards Japanese coast

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It happened on Saturday as the Nimitz and its battle group including the guided missile cruiser USS Princeton neared the coast of Japan for a long-planned friendship visit. In the early hours of Saturday morning the Russians launched four Tupolev 95 bombers - armed with an array of missiles - from the military base in Ukrainka.

Keep dreaming about having any military capability to speak of.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

In war game exercises the US asked them to turn the air defence system off as it was skewing the results, so you can take your fippant flipper remark and re-think it

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Scripter

That is some of the most sense I've heard
F**kin well done
However .........
Apply your thoughts ........
Do a little more research .........
Then tell me if you really believe it hasnt already begun

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OP read the article. Then look at your title. Hype much?

No where in the article does it claim make your sensationalist claim. In fact, the person that being interviewed pretty much said he doesn't know how effective it's going to be but it does give the Navy in that area food for thought.

Great article but bad heading. You get a star thou, i enjoyed the read.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Missile could go Mach 20 , still has a chance of being defeated.

Inertial Guidance systems has to be imputed by a Human Being / GPS system. Human being inputs data? Change course , data nearly irrelevant as the fleet will simply change course. GPS input? If we are at war with china, expect many satellites to be destroyed within hours of declaration. GPS input irrelevant and satellites are can be jammed by an EW aircraft that sits above the fleet.

Radar signals are easily jammed. Only problem is , it also jams your signals , however , this is why you have an aircraft that sits about 55 thousand feet above a carrier (in a state of war) with radar systems of its own. This plane can link up with the entire fleet and allow nav readings. Even though the local airspace around the fleet is jammed.

If the missile is being controlled by radio signals , they are easily found and scrambled.

All the while giving away tons of data about where your missile came from and how for retaliation.

--------------------

Electromagnetic Pulses can also work , however , electromagnet pulses are very short-range pulses so as not to damage other ship electronics. This was originally for torpedos , but can be used for missiles as well.

One of our Frigates took 2 surface skimming missiles from Iran , guess what? It still floated and made it back to port. Ships are armored in such ways to take an Anti ship missile.
---------------------

Seahawks also carry a crap ton of EW and are anti missile , submarine , and ship capable.
edit on 20-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
tumults of mach 28 magma core swirlees and walls of lava rising from the depths, the spinning carbons and the density of molten rock destitute of life is mine. I like HELLRAISER. chains falling from above spinning the hooks and ascending the flesh. torn limbs. rivers of blood. rivers of molten flesh. blood and brimstone. hell on earth. slicing dicing...RYGAR. all that is war I AM American. bodies swallowed up into the depths walls crushing. an act of denial through the HAARP . Slayer REIGN IN BLOOD. what music. red hots. Get em while they're hot. theyll kill you. heal them with abyssmal decimation. the keys are mine to strike. fill the voids with sanguine gold is my only pay.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join