It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carrier Killer Threat: Mach 6 Speeds, No Way to Counter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wasn't the USA developing a Mach 20 missile some time ago? I wonder what happened to this one?

I also wonder how a Mach 6 Chinese missile would stack up against a laser powered Rail Gun, currently in testing phases?

I would think NOT WELL.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by travis911
Most Chinese doctrine suggests for weapons like this to be effective it would need to offensive....

Jog my memory please, when was the last time that China attacked someone offensively? Perhaps you can refresh me as to the last time they went on an empire building spree of false flags, illegal wars, occupations, murder, rape and theft?

Could it be that US strategy of "containing" of China and Russia are driving defensive political & military doctrines of those countries?

The Chinese were the dominant empire in both economic and military terms for over 3,000 years in South East Asia. It's only a matter of time before they take back this title.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Most Chinese doctrine suggests for weapons like this to be effective it would need to offensive....

Jog my memory please, when was the last time that China attacked someone offensively? Perhaps you can refresh me as to the last time they went on an empire building spree of false flags, illegal wars, occupations, murder, rape and theft?

Could it be that US strategy of "containing" of China and Russia are driving defensive political & military doctrines of those countries?

The Chinese were the dominant empire in both economic and military terms for over 3,000 years in South East Asia. It's only a matter of time before they take back this title.

Is it? Well, even if it was, there is nothing your joke nation could do to stop them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

And none are, thankfully, capable of stopping the DF-21D.

Evidence to support your claims please? I believe the evidence I provided indicates a good chance they can stop them.

If you can prove otherwise, I will apologise.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If operational as is believed, the system marks the first time a ballistic missile has been successfully developed to attack vessels at sea. Ships currently have no defense against a ballistic missile attack.

Be quiet, child.

No need to get insulting sunshine, and for the record, the Type 45 has Ballistic missile defenses, I suggest you do research before pulling nonsensical facts out of your hat.

Aster 30 - anti-air missiles (also anti-ballistic missile capable) (range 3-120 km)

By the way, I'm 32 years old, far from a child.

The Daring class (type 45) is built to deal with a new age of threats. Saturation attacks with supersonic ship-killing missiles, that fly from the ship’s radar horizon to ship impact in under 45 seconds. The reality of future threats from ballistic missiles, and WMD proliferation. Plus a proliferation of possible threats involving smaller, hard to detect enemies like UAVs. Overall, the Type 45s promise to be one of the world’s most capable air defense ships

edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

I'm no expert, but one would assume the technology works along the lines of you have a missile coming at you, so you fire one at it. Either head on collision or timed to take it from below.

I'm sure someone here could explain how the system works better, but it is pretty much along those lines.

Can I also suggest you lose the attitude, otherwise you will find yourself unwelcome on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It is obvious by now the UK will help the US, so to your "China carrier killer" I say (or should I say show) this....

Threat eliminated.

EDIT: I highly doubt there will be war with China, or at least I hope, there is enough crap going on in this world without more.

How cute.It's the Love Boat
A single dolphin could take that out.Have a fish flipper,good boy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yup and remember people dont usually make defenses for attacks that dont exist, so now super duper sonic anti ship missiles come out, you can bet your ass that in a few months more there will be a better counter to them (like high altitude flak/shrapnel missiles to cover more area)

A really big very fast missile might be able to take out a carrier that costs 5 billion dollars a throw, you can be very sure that a new protection technology will be out VERY soon.

I bet the THEL style thermal laser tech will be getting some heavy investigation as a possible counter as well as smaller faster (perhaps even tactical nuke) for catching these mach 6 monsters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Exactly, if the type-45 can already take on these DF-21D (type DF-2D vs Type 45 into Google, the evidence is all over) then you can guarantee if they become a real threat more ships will be outfitted with the technology in the Type-45. I'm sure the UK would share it with the US should the need arise.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well, it is a good thing that China's only current carrier ship was also designed as a guided missile cruiser. I know it can hold 12 big ass missiles, and I am not sure if the missile launchers could hold these missiles, but I think it would be a safe bet.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

How cute.It's the Love Boat
A single dolphin could take that out.Have a fish flipper,good boy.

It is the most advanced warship in the world (for now), FACT. Not my fact, not your fact, but absolute fact, Google is your friend. Oh, and Echo or flipper wouldn't get close.

Anti-submarine (Type-45)
MFS 7000 sonar The embarked Lynx HMA 8 helicopter(s) or Merlin HM1 helicopter is capable of carrying Sting Ray torpedoes. The Merlin HM1 helicopter is fitted with its own dipping sonar and carries sonobuoys.

Plus, I reckon there is always one of our subs nearby each of these beasts.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Biigs

Exactly, if the type-45 can already take on these DF-21D (type DF-2D vs Type 45 into Google, the evidence is all over) then you can guarantee if they become a real threat more ships will be outfitted with the technology in the Type-45. I'm sure the UK would share it with the US should the need arise.

Your pro americanism is sickening and equal to treason in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Your opinions are welcome, your insults are not, rather than say "shut up child", why not say "I do not agree because........"

A lousy attitude gets people nowhere, good debate and opinions do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What??? I'm British, I'm not pro-American, but last time I check the American people were our allies. We may not agree with their government, but it is no reason to hate the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What??? I'm British, I'm not pro-American, but last time I check the American people were our allies. We may not agree with their government, but it is no reason to hate the people.

The American people, who funded and armed the IRA for 30+ years to kill innocents, are our allies?
The American government, who turned a blind eye to the millions of dollars and tonnes of weaponry leaving their shores for the IRA, are our allies?
The American government, who kidnaps our citizens but refuses to hand over those who kill our troops for justice, are our allies?

The US is probably the most subversive and vindictive enemy England has ever faced.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

How can we look into the future if we dwell upon the past? Some of best friends are from America, I thank the internet for that, before 1996 I would be lucky to speak to someone from outside my town.

Anyway, we are getting off topic.

I am done arguing, the Type-45 is capable of stopping the Chinese missile, end of story. There is evidence all over the internet to support that, and I am obviously not going to change your mind, so go do some reading up on it and try not to let your anti-American feelings sway you from the truth.

Oh and by the way, I do agree, the American government / military could do with being put in its place, preferably without casualties, but it doesn't mean I have to hate America to think that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The US is probably the most subversive and vindictive enemy England has ever faced.

Which is why its handy their are our allies isnt it.......

And besides, its about the equipment they have on those new destroyers, im pretty sure a air craft carrier has plenty of space to bolt on tripple the amount of the same stuff for protection, plus whatever hair brained sceme the USA has to counter air targets better (lasers, rails microwave beams etc)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join