It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carrier Killer Threat: Mach 6 Speeds, No Way to Counter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If china is developing it then that means we already HAVE it. Dormant mean we have to shout to the world like they do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jjinsane1

Couldnt have said it better! The technology the government militaries hold is unfathomable! The technology is past decades of advancement and most likely into a century advance to what the public knows. A few of my family members saw technology that hasn't even come out to the public sector yet and that was Vietnam era! on another note I was thinking about Tesla the other day and how the US government snatched up all the patents and technology... The world would definitely be a different place if that technology and thinking was explored in the public arena.

D.E.W.s have been around a long time! I had a dream last night on an EM directed weapon concept (part of that tesla stuff lingering around in my head). And have been working on an EM engine generator concept. Cool sci fi stuff

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Hey Travis... good post and F n S for you...

I just spent a half an hour updating by reading online.

This technology is very similiar to existing missles and like every weapon of war, all have been countered at some point.

All of these weapons require electronic control, and are succeptable to being hijacked. Can you say Stuxnet and Duqu?

Also, the Chinese are yet to be able to look over the horizon as the US does, and much like Sams in the past years, when they turn one on to fire, there will likely be a drone circling to 'turn it off'. Better yet, likely a superstealthy, 10 times the speed of sound armed UAV or even more likely a sea borne stealth fast attack vehicle.

This system has been in research and development since the 80s, with first generation employed I believe around 1990, (en.wikipedia.org...) and given the US has been aware of this project it would be ignorant (no reference to you or your post) to believe the US has not developed a defense system to contain and or counter it. More than likely there is already an offensive plan to prempt its effectiveness.

I will reiterate, I for one see little if any likelyhood that the Chinese has any interest in punching it out with any of the superpowers.

The Chinese people are some of the most brilliant people in the world and they know a few well placed conventional weapons, let alone nuclear weapons could devastate their country, (just like it would any country) and China isn't going to start a war where 'everyone' loses. In the same tone, neither will Russia.

The days of super powers slugging it out are highly likely to be over given the fact of current and future mutual destruction capabilities. Having said that, I certainly would anticipate the likelihood of some small unit regional conflicts which can be controllable.

The problems of the future will be much like now, with little mice squeaking loudly in an attempt to propaganize their ability to project power. And with no real ability they will end up either acquiesing to sanctions before being stepped on by a super power like a small rodent. The issue here with these countries is they are not world wise and bluster around like gang bangers insisting on having been dissed by another. It will take much diplomacy in the future by the international community to compromise and neutralize the radical thinking of these countries, and in teaching them how it is in everyones best interest not to start an armageddon.

I edit this as I forgot... lean back, close your eyes and picture a railgun capable of launching a 7 pound multi war head projectile in excess of 11,000 miles per hour.

edit on 20-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add informaton

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I truly hope no one will get hit by anything but hope Americans will now get a sense of how it is to feel vulnerable and how they've made the people of other countries feel.

I think it will take a while longer - but it will come - the best medicine is your own!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It would be interesting weapons platform just physics would fight you the entire way. And the rod of god would be a huge waste of money In order to drop the rod it means they would have to be launched so its really a 1 shot deal. When we can use an ICBM have the same effect makes this kinda stupid.Thats why this doesn't exist but you claim it does???? If the government spent money trying to drop tungsten from orbit Im really pissed for wasting my tax dollars. First let me tell you do you know there are people who are paid to keep track of military tech.Did you know long before the blackbirds were admitted that people were aware of it right. So this whole secret thing really doesn't work. A government can hide a system only if they don't use it. If it doesn't go into deployment then its not a game changer.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You and I need to talk sometime
2nd

edit on 20-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Edit

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
About our war with China, did you see it in a dream or is it already planned?

Any war between superpowers will be economic, not wet. China will be an easy winner.
edit on 20-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

Interesting, although the US and the USSR had a weapons race[which the later lost due to their budget], they where not trading with each other.
Nowadays China and the US are too much intertwined, although they may switch trading partners incrementally

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

wars are aimed with a goal in mind. it just doesn't start off with nuclear missiles. nothing on this earth is worth destroying humanity over.

any sane person, including the people in the whitehouse, kremlin, beijing and tehran know this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PhillyParanormal

yes it will create an empire. But it is better to have two empires than one.. Its balance...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

The real question is... How will we learn Cantonese in time?

Fear not people, this is what Area 51 was for! The flying saucers will abduct and probe the Chinese missiles before the ever reach our major cities.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Justwork

How can we look into the future if we dwell upon the past? Some of best friends are from America, I thank the internet for that, before 1996 I would be lucky to speak to someone from outside my town.

Anyway, we are getting off topic.

I am done arguing, the Type-45 is capable of stopping the Chinese missile, end of story. There is evidence all over the internet to support that, and I am obviously not going to change your mind, so go do some reading up on it and try not to let your anti-American feelings sway you from the truth.

Oh and by the way, I do agree, the American government / military could do with being put in its place, preferably without casualties, but it doesn't mean I have to hate America to think that.

Bravo, well put!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
It is good to see the birth of an opposing super power in the world. Since the fall of Russia the US has been stamping around the planet creating illegal wars and murdering millions for profit..

Because it was better having two empires stamping around the world?

The only thing I can conclude from this is you are too young to understand the fear of living during the Cold War, when any minute it could go hot and you could hear bomb sirens going off. Let's just say living through the early to mid 80s were terrifying.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Me, my brother and 3 friends have seen that triangle with our own eyes, it is amazing. We were all in awe. Completly silence, you could mistake this craft with moving stars. Blend in the darkness perfectly.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I can see your pride in the type45 and do not think there is anything wrong with that, I just think it's blinding you from understanding even the type45 in it's "current" form does "Not" have the ability to take down a Df-21d.

AE: OK, so we’ve explored the current capabilities of the system but do you think there are any potential future capabilities for Sea Viper?
NY: Absolutely. Like any defensive system you have to think about how things can move forward. A number of countries are developing new systems – the Chinese for example have developed the DF-21D anti-ship ballistic missile, which while not a major threat to the UK per se, the ballistic missile question is one that is sitting on many people’s thought-pads in the MoD because they want to understand what we can do. Now, with a little bit of tweaking the Sea Viper system is more than capable of undertaking such a role. Whether the Aster 30 is the right sort of munition for that role is a different question, but the system has got the capability. It’s got the range and it’s got the ability to adapt very very quickly and very very easily to that role. And while something like the DF-21 represents quite a challenging target, there’s no reason why we couldn’t develop a system to attempt to engage it. That’s certainly in the initial phase, the boost-phase, but if we manage to develop the system accurately enough and identify the capability we need we could also potentially look at it in the terminal as well.

From what I read it has the ability in the "future" with modifications to tracking and possibly a different munition, as for the time being I don't think so.

Please, yes we all know the type45 is probably the most advanced anti-air ship out there "fact", but please bring "facts" that state they can and have knocked out a df-21d or equivalent. And a sunburn at mach2.5 doesn't count.
edit on 20-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

I read that very article, hence why I used the word "capable" and not "can.

Yes the system would need tweaked, but you can guarantee they are tweaking it given the current situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Biigs

Exactly, if the type-45 can already take on these DF-21D

It seemed like you were insinuating that in its current form it can counter the DF-21d which the article clearly said would need changed to, yes it it "capable" of it (with mods) just like my Honda is "capable" of 200mph (with mods).

edit on 20-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

China fought skirmishes/small wars with Vietnam a few years back. China fought the US in Korea. China fought the US in a proxy war in Vietnam in the 60's and 70's. China and India have had battles. China invaded Tibet and is still oppressing the people there. China constantly threatens to invade Taiwan. China is having skirmishes with various nations including Vietnam, the Philippines, and Japan over islands........ so, yes, they have invaded and continue to war at times.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
China's economy is so dependent on the US economy, and us buying junk from them, that they would never dream of starting anything with us. The US has its own reasons for avoiding a war with China as well...Similar reasons. This is the same reason the Chinese would never call in their debt on the US...Common economic and political sense.

And as far as war with Iran...There will NEVER be any strategic bombing of Iran. IF we attack Iran, we will have to be willing to go the long haul, as well as commit many, many resources. I linked to an article yesterday that made this same point; written by an army intel analyst. Very in-depth and informative.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Exactly. The answer is 'Never has China invaded another country'. Apart from a the few 'skirmishes' around territorial sovereignty (like Tibet and Taiwan), they've ventured over there boarders with the intention of aggressively occupying another sovereign nation; it's just not in their physique. (as Admiral Zheng He demonstrated when he ordered the entire Chinese 'Ghost Fleet' burned on their anchors in port).
America on the other hand... well... the question should really be 'When haven't America either been occupying another sovereign nation or interfering in their domestic affairs through military aggression, black operations, covert action to destabilize legitimately elected governments who wouldn't tolerate the practices of US corporations or predatory entities such as the World Bank or IMF who's only objectives have ever been to load them up with unsustainable debt, bankrupt their economies and then walk on in and take control of their key infrastructure for obscene profit.
The only time China would ever be in a position to need to use weapons such as these ones described on this thread, would be once the US carriers had set sail in their direction and the intentions of the US were well and truly clear. For China to use these 'offensively' would mean that they were in fact the fleet under sail and the 'aggressor' as such. This would be the very first time in China's 4,500 year history that they'd ever undertaken such an act against a foreign power outside its boarders... and this scenario just doesn't make any historic sense.
They also understand implicitly the cost to a country's economy of waging wars on foreign soil and the crippling expense inherent in financing standing armies. Unfortunately American hubris and arrogance failed to consider this small point... the result of which has become increasingly hard to ignore or deny by any sane observer.

Pity... its people, its core values and its principles of individual freedoms and liberties were a great beacon to the world for a period of time there, many decades ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

Oh, yes, ALL Americans funded the IRA, because all Americans are Catholic and don't mind backing violent groups. DUHHHHH. Get a grip bud. Apparently you have no idea how diverse America is, including, WHOEVER YOU ARE, huge numbers of Whatever race, background, or religion you represent. For example, the 2000
Britannica reports up to 4 million Muslims in America. The numbers vary widely as census does not allow asking about religion. One PBS study indicated 5 to 7 million. Chinese in the US, over 3 million. Catholics, 77 million, Protestant based, over 80 million. Jewish, about twice that of Muslim. These numbers are based on various internet sites with my trying to find unbiased sources. Anyway, Don't group ALL AMERICANS as the same. We are a great country because we have all types, including people that can protest their own governments.... unlike many other countries....such as China.

edit on 20-3-2012 by jaxnmarko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join