It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by satron

Do you see the difference between the phrases "I do not believe they exist" and "I believe they do not exist"? If not...well....don't know what to tell you.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

What if you said, "I don't believe that God doesn't exist"?

WHOOAAAAAAAA!

The fact of the matter is that everyone that has been exposed to the idea has belief either way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

I don't think you are a child anymore. Would you like for your mind to be compared to that of a child? I don't really know why you would. You're going to have to explain that to me.

Circle time again.

We're gonna need an advertising jingle if this keeps up

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I don't think you are a child anymore. Would you like for your mind to be compared to that of a child? I don't really know why you would. You're going to have to explain that to me.

Circle time again.

We're gonna need an advertising jingle if this keeps up

You can step out of the cirlce anytime you want. The cirlce isn't physically there. I know you can do it!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

WHOOAAAAAAAA!

Then you'd apparently have some belief in a god since you used a double negative.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

We're waiting. The ball is in your court. Step outside the circle, 4,3,2,1, NOW!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

WHOOAAAAAAAA!

Then you'd apparently have some belief in a god since you used a double negative.

Ok, what if you said, " I don't believe that God's existence is unreal"

Doens't matter, you believe one way or the other.
edit on 20-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Again, you would have some belief that god's existence IS real. It's a double negative.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by satron

We're waiting. The ball is in your court. Step outside the circle, 4,3,2,1, NOW!

You have a good imagination. Only someone with you're imagination could believe that atheism is a lack of belief.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You have a good imagination. Only someone with you're imagination could believe that atheism is a lack of belief.
Atheism is not a belief system, as much as you'd like it to be. It only is a response to a statement; that god's exist. Atheism says, I do not believe it, that's it.

But, if it is your opinion that atheism is a belief system, then what would I be called if I say, "I do not believe gods exist (besides a fool)" as I state that I DO NOT believe something? I can't be an atheist, since they believe something, so what am I?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Again, you would have some belief that god's existence IS real. It's a double negative.

No you don't.

I believe that Nibiruisn't real.

I don't believe Nibiru is real.

I don't believe that Nibiru isn't a real threat.

Bad grammar or not, they say the same thing.

You don't have to believe in God to not believe in God.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No you don't.

So you still don't see it? In one statement you state a belief. In the other you state an unbelief. So easy even a caveman can see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No you don't.

So you still don't see it? In one statement you state a belief. In the other you state an unbelief. So easy even a caveman can see it.

What? You think because I worded the statement " I don't believe Nibiru is real" infers that I lack a belief in Nibiru? If that's so, you're wrong. My belief is that Niburi isn't real. That's my belief. It's a stretch to interpret it as it as a lack of belief, for one, because that is your assumption, and two, well, there is no such thing as a lack in belief in something you have a concept of

If you don't believe in something you believe that it isn't real because you don't have evidence to say that you know. Get it?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Atheism is not a belief system, as much as you'd like it to be. It only is a response to a statement; that god's exist. Atheism says, I do not believe it, that's it.

But, if it is your opinion that atheism is a belief system, then what would I be called if I say, "I do not believe gods exist (besides a fool)" as I state that I DO NOT believe something? I can't be an atheist, since they believe something, so what am I?

I never said that atheism was a belief system, you're going to have to quote me on that. I'm sure in some instances that atheism can be a belief system. Oh wait, there is: Bhuddism, Satanism.

So you see, it's not just my opinion, but the opinion of many.

And just because you're a theist, doesn't necessarily mean that you have a belief system.

Instead of telling me what my position is, you can ask me what it is.

You are an atheist if you believe that God doesn't exist. And you are a theist if you believe that there is a God.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I'm replying against my better judgement...
Satanism isn't atheism. Satan is the deity, the god, in Satanism. He is the true creator and all the god and Christ religions are the true lies.
Satanism = belief in a god. Thus Satanism is not atheism.

Good night.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyLucian
reply to post by satron

I'm replying against my better judgement...
Satanism isn't atheism. Satan is the deity, the god, in Satanism. He is the true creator and all the god and Christ religions are the true lies.
Satanism = belief in a god. Thus Satanism is not atheism.

Good night.

Church of Satan

The Church of Satan was also featured in a segment of Luigi Scattini's film Angeli Bianchi, Angeli Neri, released in the United States as "Witchcraft '70". According to Peter H. Gilmore, "Satanism begins with atheism. We begin with the universe and say, 'It’s indifferent. There’s no God, there’s no Devil. No one cares!'"

Many Satanists are atheist, but not all are.

EDIT: Why do you say you're replying against your better judgement?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
let's stay on topic...

edit on 21-3-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
let's stay on topic...

edit on 21-3-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

HA! What was the topic? Oh yeah, mkay. All religious folk are silly!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I never said that atheism was a belief system, you're going to have to quote me on that. I'm sure in some instances that atheism can be a belief system. Oh wait, there is: Bhuddism, Satanism.
Bhuddists can be atheists, but Bhuddism isn't atheism, lol. Again, all atheism is, is the response to a statement that gods exist. We say, "I don't believe it."

Instead of telling me what my position is, you can ask me what it is.
I wasn't telling you what your position is. I was trying to explain the difference between saying "I believe Nibiru is real" and "I do not believe it is real". The first statement shows belief in something, the next statement shows disbelief in something.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Almost as silly as believing someone walked on water, turned water into wine, or died and then came back to life days later. Believing someone 'parted' a sea, silly. Believing every type of animal on the Earth lived on a boat during a flood, silly. Believing snakes talk, silly. Believing a virgin gave birth, silly. I can go on but I think you get the point. I choose reality.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

The Church of Satan has nothing to do with the Satan of Christianity

Its something a guy created to have a reason for orgies - - or something like that

An Atheist does not believe in Satan - - the Ying and Yang of God and Satan.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join