It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

Breitbart has a video of Eric Holder in 1995 (it's an old C-Span2 tape)
(He was a U.S. Attorney back then !!)

As part of a public campaign announcement, he said:

""really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way.""
(@ around 3:07 in the video)

Here is the video Link

He talks in a "fast & furious" manner !!

This is the "Golden Irony" of all time !!

Breitbart Article:

Breitbart.com has uncovered video from 1995 of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder announcing a public campaign to "really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

Holder was addressing the Woman's National Democratic Club. In his remarks, broadcast by CSPAN 2, he explained that he intended to use anti-smoking campaigns as his model to "change the hearts and minds of people in Washington, DC" about guns.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

Holder added that he had asked advertising agencies in the nation's capital to assist by making anti-gun ads rather than commercials "that make me buy things that I don't really need." He had also approached local newspapers and television stations, he said, asking them to devote prime space and time, respectively, to his anti-gun campaign.

Local political leaders and celebrities, Holder said, including Mayor Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, had been asked to help. In addition, he reported, he had asked the local school board to make the anti-gun message a part of "every day, every school, and every level."

Despite strict gun control efforts, Washington, DC was and remains one of the nation's most dangerous cities for gun violence, though crime has abated somewhat since the 1990s.

Holder went on to become Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, and currently serves as Attorney General in the Obama Administration.

The video of Holder's remarks was uncovered by Breitbart.com contributor Charles C. Johnson.

The Story

I wonder what on Earth Changed his mind !!

Here is the video Link

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People have been brainwashed on guns and they have been for decades they blame a thing instead of the person and the act which is the illegal part.

Gun control is a thought crime about what someone might do but only what a small percentage does the simple fact the law abiding citizen has never murdered anyone that Government playing master can't say the same.

I can't stand Holder and his supporters nothing but a bunch of people with small minds whose only goal is to make the citizens only means of defense a 9-11 call.

Criminals have guns cops have guns and there you are caught in the middle without anything not a gun and not even a bullet proof vest(which is illegal in many states).

edit on 18-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Holder, what a tool.
Throughout history, criminal leaders have called for the disarmament of their slaves....err people.
This guy would be a face card if anyone ever made a terrorist playing deck.
Has anyone made a modern terrorist deck?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why do you think "random" shootings have been increasing this year?

To get people angry at gun usage.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Let's hope no one else at Breitbart.com has a "heart attack" or anything similar.
Stay healthy Chuck!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a politician will say anything to get votes.

example: all of the sudden mitt romney likes grits. the poor pathetic sap probably didn't even know what grits was 3 weeks ago before some campaign strategist informed him it was a local food and it will get the dumb hicks riled up if he mentions it.

a politician is a reflection of it's voters.

to know what state america is in watch what politicians do. they do it with majority of your blessings.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Anybody who is against guns and is from the U.S. has never been subjected to the harsh reality of criminals and police response times. By the time the cops get to your house, most criminals would have had time to kill you and play Parcheesi on your corpse.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
a politician will say anything to get votes.

example: all of the sudden mitt romney likes grits. the poor pathetic sap probably didn't even know what grits was 3 weeks ago before some campaign strategist informed him it was a local food and it will get the dumb hicks riled up if he mentions it.

a politician is a reflection of it's voters.

to know what state america is in watch what politicians do. they do it with majority of your blessings.

Yea, I spent a few years in the state called TAXachusetts, and grits is UNHEARD of as well as the word "Y'all" which he also said he "just started saying".

Anyone who ever says "grits" or "yall" up there would be a LAUGHING-STOCK and rightfully so. Thats considered uneducated speaking used by inbreds and hillbillys by them up there.

He is just a FAKE who is looking for VOTES down there. Being from up North, he doesnt realize that the SECRET to VOTES IN THE SOUTH is claiming to be a CHRISTIAN.

Thats the SECRET for you ROMNEY. Southerns EAT that up MORE than GRITS!!!

edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Our one saving grace is our right to bear arms.
The brainwashing efforts the government has tried failed.

People are buying guns like crazy. I really don't see American's turning in their guns like sheeple. Thanks to the internet the truth isn't completely squashed. Distrust for the government is high and getting higher as our freedoms/rights are getting stripped.

edit on 3/18/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People already are brainwashed on guns. Rather than as a tool to form an organized and effective militia, to defend against invasion, or overthrow an govement that turned against the people, guns are seen by many as some kind of toy, much in the same fashion as fancy cars.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordsAreAvenues

I put no restrictions on the evil this government is capable of, including random shooting.

This is going to be interesting. People are so peeved that when anything goes wrong people are going to be throwing back on the government.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
People already are brainwashed on guns. Rather than as a tool to form an organized and effective militia, to defend against invasion, or overthrow an govement that turned against the people, guns are seen by many as some kind of toy, much in the same fashion as fancy cars.

I respectfully disagree. People see guns as weapons to protect themselves and their families. Somebody else can speak for how criminals and government view them, my guess would be tools to control others.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Anybody who is against guns and is from the U.S. has never been subjected to the harsh reality of criminals and police response times. By the time the cops get to your house, most criminals would have had time to kill you and play Parcheesi on your corpse.

No Parcheesi in my house, my redneck friend! I play, pin the tail on the burglar. My tail travels over 2750fps...('
')
edit on 18-3-2012 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He didn't change his mind.

He's still a Marxist satanic globalist traitor.

He's just adding the other tactic which has been used before . . . trigger some horrific incident and then use it to scare people about guns.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Yeah ....cool.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordsAreAvenues

I mean I've heard this view by extremists before. Is anybody really stupid enough to think that some crazed gun toting guy / kid is shooting people thinking 'that'll learn them gun control folks!'?

No, I'll tell you why shootings are going up - because there are more and more gun owners who are careless in securing their weapons and guns are too easily available to crazies. The gun lobby is too busy defending the right to bear arms to think about the people who are getting shot as a result. The fact is that most people getting shot in these cases are done so by legally obtained guns. If they are guns 'we' control ie not illegal ones, then we have a responsiblity to make sure that as few guns as possible get into the hands of those not responsible / old enough to use one.

In the end you get the country you deserve though. If you guys are happy with hundreds / thousands of people getting killed every year and don't think that any attempt should be made to reduce the casualties thats your problem.

Just hope that one of yours isn't the victim of somebody else's legally obtained weapon.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What do you guys think "Bowling for Columbine" was all about? Appealing to our feminine side. Playing on the honest intentions of mislead men, was it?

Columbine was not real. Not in the sense that most believe.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Having a little experience with Special Ops Domesitc PsyOps guys, let me put it this way: Imagine you had a program that tested inputs on the American public and their reactions. Over time you'll learn what inputs cause what reactions, and you'd be able to create a program to get the results you want: Reduced liberties, minimized constitutional rights, increased government power, manipulate elections (laws put in place, politicians elected, etc.).

You don't need to manipulate individuals, just the masses.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The argument that blows a hole in any anti-gun argument is very simple...

Criminals don't obey laws!

Make all the laws you want to, guess what, criminals don't care! That is what makes them criminals!

If guns were made illegal it would just be another law criminals break. It makes zero sense to outlaw guns. Gun laws just disarm law abiding citizens.

It is so foolish. The whole argument is just so silly.

Guns cannot be un-invented. They exist, they have been made for centuries, they are not going anywhere no matter what the legal status of owning one is. If you don't like guns, don't buy one... it is that simple.

Guns are the great equalizer. Good luck to Holder or anybody that tries to take mine away. I am not surprised by this news, just more of the same.

Thousands upon thousands more people die from prescription drugs (when used as intended) and car accidents (non-alcohol related) than violent gun use. It is all such a sham. You want to save lives? Go stand on the highway with a sign that says SLOW DOWN!

edit on 19-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
No, I'll tell you why shootings are going up - because there are more and more gun owners who are careless in securing their weapons and guns are too easily available to crazies.

Actually, it's because they're not easily available enough to non-crazies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join