It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
People have been brainwashed on guns and they have been for decades they blame a thing instead of the person and the act which is the illegal part.

Without the thing (gun) the person would not be able to perform the illegal act.

It's a proven fact that an increased availability of guns leads to a massively increased gun related crime rate.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Love the Carlos Hathcock Avatar.
LOVE IT.

And I agree. Doom on those that enter my house without permission.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
After watching that video clip of Holder, it is easy to see why Obama anointed him to head up the DOJ. Both of them share the same views on firearms. We've been warned before regarding Obama's veiled intent for the Second Amendment. If he wins a second term, he will hit it with the focus of a Trijicon Reflex sight.

Hearing Holder's 1995 words in the aftermath of Fast and Furious leaves me at a loss for words...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by randomname
a politician will say anything to get votes.

example: all of the sudden mitt romney likes grits. the poor pathetic sap probably didn't even know what grits was 3 weeks ago before some campaign strategist informed him it was a local food and it will get the dumb hicks riled up if he mentions it.

a politician is a reflection of it's voters.

to know what state america is in watch what politicians do. they do it with majority of your blessings.

Yea, I spent a few years in the state called TAXachusetts, and grits is UNHEARD of as well as the word "Y'all" which he also said he "just started saying".

Anyone who ever says "grits" or "yall" up there would be a LAUGHING-STOCK and rightfully so. Thats considered uneducated speaking used by inbreds and hillbillys by them up there.

He is just a FAKE who is looking for VOTES down there. Being from up North, he doesnt realize that the SECRET to VOTES IN THE SOUTH is claiming to be a CHRISTIAN.

Thats the SECRET for you ROMNEY. Southerns EAT that up MORE than GRITS!!!

edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)
Not to derail the thread but didn't Obama and wife turn us into "folks?"He rarely refers to us as people or the American public...anyways just an observation.
Maybe Mr. Holder needs to take his own advice or at least keep up with his lies

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Not true. California has the strictest gun control laws in the US, yet they lead the country in gun related violence. If you don't know like the 2nd Amendment there are many countries around the world where guns are banned. Move there and don't know visit the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

Well actually you can to a degree, by supporting measures to make sure that said crazies and irresponsible gun owners get reduced access to weapons.

No. There's that pesky "shall not be infringed" that leaves no room for disarming others without disarming myself. I'm supremely unwilling to allow someone else to determine if I should exercise MY rights, and so do not expect any lesser treatment to be accorded others.

We can't hope to stop these types of 'incidents' altogether, but people have a duty to reduce them.

I have no such duty if it involves "reducing" someone else's self-control or lack thereof until they present a real danger - not just on a "maybe". It's a slippery slope you trod when you start dosing out consequences before an action has been presented. It's not my job to control or restrict someone else on an off chance that they might be irresponsible.

Good luck with arming your kids at school though if some crazy starts shooting...

There's more to refusing to be a victim than merely arming up - getting armed up is the LAST resort, not the first, and it means you did everything else wrong up to that point. However, if they fail, and that point comes, rest assured that they will be armed where they were not scant seconds previously.

Your first weapon is between your ears - every other weapon comes from there.

School shootings are beyond rare around here - way beyond rare. they are non-existent. Kids here prefer poking knives at one another. Just eliminating guns will NEVER eliminate violence. Eliminating violent people, however, does seem to have that effect.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Good for you in having such a laugh about people dying. I guess you are happy with innocent people getting killed by crazies then? Carry on, like I said, you get the society you deserve.

Why are you allowing crazies to roam free and unchecked in your society? As you say, you get the society you deserve.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

People have been brainwashed on guns and they have been for decades they blame a thing instead of the person and the act which is the illegal part.

Without the thing (gun) the person would not be able to perform the illegal act.

It's a proven fact that an increased availability of guns leads to a massively increased gun related crime rate.

Proven, really? Then please provide the proof. A quick google search (ironically) didn't provide clear and easy statistics to post either way however most of the articles I glanced at stated that the statistics aren't as cut and dry as people would like to think. It isn't worth putting too much time into finding a chart and even if I did people's minds are made up (closed) to what they believe. One poster already provided some great statistics that seem to have been overlooked. My general recollection of history seems to conjure the implication that the absence of guns among the people tend to empower dictators, maybe I am wrong though

So your thinking is that when law abiding people can no longer protect themselves the criminals will start to obey the law? Hmmmm.....it's just pointless to try to have this discussion.

I do know this......I spent a few weeks in a FEMA designated disaster zone this fall. I slept for four nights in a house that had no doors on the back of it. Never a problem and you know why? Because probably 80% of the households in this area are hunters. One neighbor (who's home was completely destroyed) out of necessity spent days sitting/sleeping on a picnic table and in a camper. He let us know that one band of rascals did come through snooping around.....but when they realized there was someone standing watch with a firearm they picked on someone else - probably unarmed. You know where the few crimes in the effected area were carried out? One remote part of the countryside where a bridge was washed away and the people had to leave their property and couldn't defend it. Maybe you haven't seen this play out personally but generally, scum picks on the weakest not the strongest.

It must be great to sit and fantasize about how utopia would be if you could design it.....for the rest of us living in reality I'll keep my gun thank you..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Chicago has a gemstone system ....

The shameless hypocrisy of Windy City politicians
Steve Chapman | November 23, 2009

Last week, the body of Chicago school board president Michael Scott was found in the Chicago River with a single bullet wound in his head. The big story was that this powerful, well-connected public official had, according to the county medical examiner, committed suicide. The less-noticed story was that he did it with an illegal weapon. (
)

[color=gold]After all, handgun ownership is not allowed in the city of Chicago, which has one of the strictest gun control laws in the country, and Scott killed himself with a .380-caliber sidearm.

Unlike most Chicagoans, Scott could have been a legal handgun owner. Because he had it before the ban was enacted, he was allowed to register and keep it. But the police department says he never did. By having it in the city, Scott was guilty of an offense that could have gotten him jail time....
Gun Control, Chicago-Style

Chicago IS ObamaTown !!

edit on Mar-19-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
I've never fully understood the American's obsession with guns.
So many Americans seem to be hard core fundamentalistic christians, when it suits them,
For if i recall correctly , the bible said has this to say:
"Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.""
^Replace sword (ancient time) by the word gun (now)

Every christian that owns a gun is thus by logic disrespecting the teachings of Jesus and the bible, go figure...

Your logic is selective.

It also says " Let him who hath a cloak sell it, and buy for himself a sword"
^Replace sword (ancient time) by the word gun (now)

The difference is in knowing when to fight and when not to. "For everything there is a season, a time for peace and a time for war.".

edit on 2012/3/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

DUH!

How is one to have "gun related crimes" without guns?

They'll just move to other "illegal acts" like "knife related crime", "baseball bat related crime", "broken brick related crime", "claw hammer related crime", "crowbar related crime",, etc, etc, ad infinitum. Crazy thought here, but what about focusing on the criminal and the CRIME, rather than trying to categorize it by instrument and blame an inanimate object?

Just LOOK at the massive "gun related crime" rate in Switzerland, where guns are issued... I'd call that "increased availability of guns", wouldn't you?

edit on 2012/3/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
After watching that video clip of Holder, it is easy to see why Obama anointed him to head up the DOJ. Both of them share the same views on firearms. We've been warned before regarding Obama's veiled intent for the Second Amendment. If he wins a second term, he will hit it with the focus of a Trijicon Reflex sight.

Hearing Holder's 1995 words in the aftermath of Fast and Furious leaves me at a loss for words...

Fast and Furious was a different deal - they weren't disarming the people, who might present a danger to their cushy jobs in a tyranny, they were arming up the enemy in a fit of state supported terrorism, which the US supports the right of every other country to do as well. Wait... I just got a memo about that last part... back in a minute after I read it....

Oh.Never mind about the other countries having that same right... it appears that under US policy, state supported terrorism is considered a BAD thing... unless Holder OK's it...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Take away people's guns and shootings will go down...

but stabbings will go up. You have to treat the root cause of violence.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Criminals don't obey laws!

Exactly.

A medical doctor can't write a prescription for heroin (in the US).... it is totally illegal. But you can buy it on the street corners in all American cities and in many small towns.

The same would be true of guns if they were outlawed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What do you mean its not hip to carry guns?!

Don't you watch hip hop? Carrying a gun is sweeet...all the kids are doing it. Guns, girls, you know...thug life.

Pretty sure that is the target audience he was discussing..no, gun's aren't "cool"..they are a last resort in self defense, precision practice, and hunting...not something to have to give you street cred. If you lot don't see the logic in trying to get young people to stop thinking guns are a bling tool for bad-assery, then you suck at critical thinking. Maybe over in the hills of Montana, the average gun owner is a responsible and trained person that had a strict line of ethics on use of the tool...the same does not apply to inner city Detroit where pop gangsta music runs the code.

Thats all. Didn't read most of the thread. Absolutely positive this is a redundant post, so...just agreeing with whomever said this also.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Take away people's guns and shootings will go down...

but stabbings will go up. You have to treat the root cause of violence.

Ban metallic objects!

Actually, this is a poor discussion.
A disgruntled 140lb wimp can shoot me at 30 paces...let the same peanut come up to me with a knife..his first thrust better kill, otherwise that knife is going straight up his kazoo.

Knifing someone evens the odds, and makes a person think a lot longer before carrying through.
Do murder stats between countries that do and don't have right to carry laws..you will see the end result.

Not saying we need to outlaw guns mind you...I like guns (helps with pop control)...but just get niggled by that argument.
edit on 19-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well now we know the motive behind Fast and Furious... You know the plan to make every legal gun owning citizen an armed criminal....

this is good find

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah...
im sure that when Jesus comes back, he'll prolly have an UZI...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by WordsAreAvenues
Why do you think "random" shootings have been increasing this year?

To get people angry at gun usage.

I mean I've heard this view by extremists before. Is anybody really stupid enough to think that some crazed gun toting guy / kid is shooting people thinking 'that'll learn them gun control folks!'?

No, I'll tell you why shootings are going up - because there are more and more gun owners who are careless in securing their weapons and guns are too easily available to crazies. The gun lobby is too busy defending the right to bear arms to think about the people who are getting shot as a result. The fact is that most people getting shot in these cases are done so by legally obtained guns. If they are guns 'we' control ie not illegal ones, then we have a responsiblity to make sure that as few guns as possible get into the hands of those not responsible / old enough to use one.

In the end you get the country you deserve though. If you guys are happy with hundreds / thousands of people getting killed every year and don't think that any attempt should be made to reduce the casualties thats your problem.

Just hope that one of yours isn't the victim of somebody else's legally obtained weapon.

Doctors kill more people each year than guns do. Cars kill FAR more people each year than guns do. I don't try to legislate your car or doctor away from you. Do not try and legislate my guns away from me.

I'm glad you find this subject so funny. I hope you wouldn't laugh in the face of a victim of gun crime.
My position is to reduce the number of whackos and kids from getting access to guns. You don't agree with that?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fast and Furious was a different deal - they weren't disarming the people, who might present a danger to their cushy jobs in a tyranny, they were arming up the enemy in a fit of state supported terrorism, which the US supports the right of every other country to do as well. Wait... I just got a memo about that last part... back in a minute after I read it....

Oh.Never mind about the other countries having that same right... it appears that under US policy, state supported terrorism is considered a BAD thing... unless Holder OK's it...

Understood, It's the controversy surrounding the motivation behind fast and furious that I was referring to. The apparent move to connect these weapons sales to US gun shops in the hopes of bringing about further restrictive legislation on said shops and the weapons that they sell.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join