It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw Something strange lastnight...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Last night around 11pm i was out having a smoke on the deck. Out of no where the ground light up red i got up to look around and i couldn't see anything. So i ran to the front and the light was gone couldn't see nothing, but my neighbor saw it and he said all he could see was a huge red light in the sky. He said it shot down a cone shaped light to the ground. It only lasted about ten seconds. I was wondering if anybody in the MN area saw or heard anything.

Peace
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hmm... Not really sure what could cause something like that other than a shooting star. A lot of people said shooting stars could flash red light. This actually has something to do with the Big Bang theory. Some say the Big Bang was so powerful that stars are still flying away from the boom and that they leave a red flash following behind them.

however this would be very fast, and doesn't explain the cone shape of light coming down. Perhaps a chunk fell off lol.
edit on 3/17/2012 by CommandoRenegade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Was the light a flash that you saw in the sky/around you or was it a focused beam from sky to ground? How big was the beam- pencil sized, flashlight sized, flood light sized?

If the light moved across the sky then perhaps it was a meteorite, but I don't know.

S&F I want to see where this goes...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Meteorite I'd say..

Ive been lucky to see two massive meteorites in my life, one was GREEN of all colours and it lit up the ground like it was day but in a green colour.

The other was red, again it lit up the ground and I watched as it broke apart in the sky

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Was the light a flash that you saw in the sky/around you or was it a focused beam from sky to ground? How big was the beam- pencil sized, flashlight sized, flood light sized?

If the light moved across the sky then perhaps it was a meteorite, but I don't know.

My neighbor said it was maybe 100ft above the tree line. The beam of light made a huge circle on the ground, roughly the size of a normal suburban yard.It was a focused cone shape.There was no sound.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Meteorite I'd say..

Ive been lucky to see two massive meteorites in my life, one was GREEN of all colours and it lit up the ground like it was day but in a green colour.

The other was red, again it lit up the ground and I watched as it broke apart in the sky

I have seen metorites,but since i didnt see what was in the sky,i cant really say it was or wasnt. It just isnt sittin right with me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I know i wish i had pics, but it was just not possible as i just went out for a quick smoke.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Where was the light at in relation to you? Were you bathed in the light or was it off in the distance a bit (guesstimate the distance, if so)? Could you see a definite perimeter? How intense was the light? Was it a sudden flash that stayed on for 10ish seconds or did it slowly illuminate the area. Please describe it's characteristics. And thanks in advance!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Based on the few meteorites I've seen, that doesn't sound like a meteorite. The ones I saw streaked across the sky, no focused beams.

Could it have been a helicopter with a red light searching for someone? Any news this morning about missing criminals or the like?

My neighbor said it was maybe 100ft above the tree line. The beam of light made a huge circle on the ground, roughly the size of a normal suburban yard.It was a focused cone shape.There was no sound.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
First off, thanks for coming forward with your sighting. Secondly, I nearly fell off my chair when I read it. As a fellow Minnesotan, I keep tabs on local sightings. Your sighting is EXACTLY like one reported last month. See here:

www.examiner.com...

It is shocking how similar your experiences as with these 4 witnesses'.

Where in MN are you located? If you are in the same geographical area, this may be a repeating incident. Again, thanks for taking the time to post this!

One more thing, I think we need to tip our hats to the Examiner. This is clearly a factual report that was corroborated by an independent witness here on ATS. Usually the Examiner is ridiculed and regarded as not newsworthy, but that is clearly not the case here.
edit on 18-3-2012 by TheReligiousHoax because: Edited to give Examiner props...

edit on 18-3-2012 by TheReligiousHoax because: Corrected location of sighting per article.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
Where was the light at in relation to you? Were you bathed in the light or was it off in the distance a bit (guesstimate the distance, if so)? Could you see a definite perimeter? How intense was the light? Was it a sudden flash that stayed on for 10ish seconds or did it slowly illuminate the area. Please describe it's characteristics. And thanks in advance!

The light must have been at an angle from me as my house was in the way of the tree line. I couldn't see the light so not sure on distance. Yes i could see the outline of the light, it had a definite end. Like a laser beam in the shape of a cone.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReligiousHoax

That's exactly how my neighbor explained it.

Im located in savage...
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Darn people and their fireworks. Least they could do is tell all their neighbors.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Funny thing is there were some people shootin off fireworks i could see them,but this happened long after that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Well, some old person saw others shooting off fireworks and decided that they'd shoot an old firwork they had lying around for years. Old people means it may have taken them hours to find it and get ready to set it off. You know, all that nostalgic stuff you see when you are trying to find something you haven't seen for years. It's lucky the thing even worked, it might have looked different if it was used thirty years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Anyway,i'm looking for serious replies.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

But I am being serious. I have seen things that were weird and found out days to weeks to years later what actually caused them. In a conversation with someone the answer came out and we usually laughed about it. A little awareness and you will probably find the cause.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yes but as I originally posted my neighbor saw it and he did not describe a firework. I also mentioned that there was no sound.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I don't know if this has any connection, but over Central California, Friday morning about 10AM, I saw a very strange (pick) UFO/rocket/cruise missile, or what ever.

This thing appeared to be about the size of a large jetliner, it was rocket shaped, bright silver, but I couldn't see any windows, markings or numbers. I live in the southwest part of Tulare, it was about 10 degrees from vertical west of here, traveling about 750 to 1000 Mph, south south east, at about 10,000'. It had a very loud propulsion system, no visible wings and seemed to be slightly gaining altitude.

When I first saw it, it was about 45 degrees north of my location, what attracted me was the load propulsion, much louder then a F-18, which we commonly see. I watched it until it passed above some cloud cover at about 45 degrees to the south.

There was one other strange aspect, when it was past a 90 degree position and I could see the rear of the craft, I noticed that in the area where a trust cone would be expected (on a rocket) there was some sort of what appeared to a electrical reaction, resembling a arc welder. I didn't see any kind of contrail, or any visible emissions .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Got a report from my girlfriends neighbor. She saw exactly what i saw the same night except it was over her apartment building and she lives about 15 min from me. she said it was in the eastern sky moving south with a cone shaped beam shooting down to the ground. Then 2 days ago, my friend in another city about 20 min from my house saw a green light zig zag across the sky at a high rate of speed and then disappear. Also the red lights along with ats were mentioned on the Craig Ferguson show.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join