It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ancient Egyptians knew that if you forced steam through a hollow pole with opposing holes drilled into the ends, you could use it to turn a stone. This is documented in temple paintings and heiroglyphs.

If they had of figured out cogs or rope to tie this to a stone turning in the other direction (ie horizontally instead of vertically or vice versa) the industrial revolution might have come 5,000 years earlier.

You mean to say that ancient aliens gave them tech to turn a stone automatically but not the "not insurmountable leap" to change the direction of that force?

I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
Most people with half of a brain enough to digest the research they might do (on the existence of extraterrestrials) would conclude that there is in fact extraterrestrials visiting this planet.
Does that mean that all the people that do not share your conclusions have only half of a brain?

That's the thing I hate the most in this whole Aliens/not Aliens discussions, when someone starts saying that only people with half a brain would choose the other point of view, and both sides are guilty of that.

And it is therefore not so far fetched to conclude that extraterrestrials may have built some of the anomalous structures on this planet.
Our ignorance in one topic doesn't automatically mean that all people are as much ignorant as ourselves. When you look at a computer using the Internet (and assuming you don't know how to build a computer and an electronic communication system), do you think that Aliens built them? When you find something in your house that you haven't seen before, do you think Aliens brought it?

That kind of explanation is like saying that X+Y=10 is easy to solve if you say that X=A+B; it doesn't, it just postpones the solution.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I enjoyed this EP -

But I don't think Mainstream Archeology OR these " Ancient Alien Theorists " are very scientific.

Sure we would all like to believe Aliens came down and did something awesome and left some evidence -

But the theory that Ancient Man could not have had more advanced tools and the knowledge to use them for these major undertakings is not based on Any scientific evidence at all !!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
But the theory that Ancient Man could not have had more advanced tools and the knowledge to use them for these major undertakings is not based on Any scientific evidence at all !!

I like the idea that the knowledge of how to carve and move big rocks relatively fast would have been worth an awful lot in some of the older cultures. It would be worth so much, that if it was me, I'd try to keep as much of it a secret as possible. Of course, you're helped by the fact that most people wouldn't know how to read or do mathematics, but even so, I'd still work to keep it hush-hush.

And thanks to wars and natural disasters that could put an end to a civilization pretty much overnight, that knowledge could easily die with you. Then your efforts to keep it a secret might severely hinder folks like us here in the future who are trying to put the pieces back together. It's hard enough to reconstruct the past when people weren't actively hiding things.

I'm not talking about alien techniques. Just those techniques figured out by the human geniuses of the day, that we've simply forgotten. Real forehead-slapping ideas, like, "Duh! Of course that's how you'd do it!"

edit on 27-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Quite frankly, the only desperation here is the breathless assertion that only advanced beings from outer space could have come here and built big stuff out of rocks.

Not arguing...just sayin'.

Not just aliens. Europeans could do it too. But no one else. They needed the help of aliens.

Gods coming down to build Puma Punku in one day in their words.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Mainstream archaeologists say the people of Tiwanaku built their city without help from aliens or advanced white men. Ancient alien proponents say it would have been impossible, and dismiss the Tiwanaku as being primitive and a stone-age culture. So, what part of mainstream archaeology are they basing their views on?

The part that says, nobody was capable of operating technology on par with modern day society, or beyond that for that matter. So it MUST have all been made by clever ingenuity and handheld tools that conform to the past.

No this is NOT a dismissal of a stone culture and primitive culture, but a dismissal of the extrapolations of Skeptical people who are unable to fathom possibilities that are beyond their worldview.

but atleast i'm glad you're no longer harping on these people being racists, which they are clearly not. So don't go the route of accusing these people of racism, you'll Just endup looking more foolish.

Instead of stripping the Native Americans of their agency by saying how they would feel about Ancient Aliens, maybe you should ask them yourself if they think it's so racist? Guess what? None of them do.
edit on 27-3-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo
...but atleast i'm glad you're no longer harping on these people being racists, which they are clearly not. Don't go the route of accusing these people of racism, you'll just endup looking more foolish.

I donno, man...it's tough to promote the Ancient Alien agenda and in the same breath accuse anyone else of looking foolish.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

...but atleast i'm glad you're no longer harping on these people being racists, which they are clearly not. Don't go the route of accusing these people of racism, you'll just endup looking more foolish.

I donno, man...it's tough to promote the Ancient Alien agenda and in the same breath accuse anyone else of looking foolish.

LOL and this coming from a canadian lumberman that looks in need of a few IQ points. You better change your avatar before launching an Epic fail Ad Hominem attack instead of providing coherent arguments.

Beliefs and their validity are actually quite arbitrary and determined more by social politics and attempting to put people in their place, instead of a genuine discourse which you are so clearly demonstrating.

edit on 27-3-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes they were technologically primitive. I'm not comparing them to some other race or people. I'm comparing their tech to today's tech not "white people's tech" You are making assumptions without basis. I have never thought of the Egyptians of being inferior to the Romans or anyone of their time for that matter. And, the only way you could yourself conclude such a ridiculous notion out of what I have posted is if you yourself is thinking along these terms.

I actually in fact hold the ancient Egyptians to a higher standard than most other cultures of their time regardless of color. I raise two black boys that aren't even my own, race plays no part of my decision making. Period.

Completely agree, I see too many people using this line of argument and bringing up the race-card is a cheap Adhominem tactic used by many people who themselves are ironically using their own white privilege to discredit such an argument.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yes they were technologically primitive. I'm not comparing them to some other race or people. I'm comparing their tech to today's tech not "white people's tech" You are making assumptions without basis...

Sure, no basis at all, except the constant questioning of how peoples outside of Europe could have achieved the same engineering feats as their contemporaries. And of course, always referring to these cultures "primitive" or "stone-age" cultures when they were nothing of the sort.

Ancient Romans: aqueducts, bridges, hydraulic mining, the Colosseum...no question.

Go outside of Europe...and things like Tiwanaku had to be built by aliens. No way those "primitive" savages could have done such a thing.

But yeah, you're right. There is no racism at all; I have no basis for even suggesting such.

They all say that they don't know. Its all speculation after a certain point and they all admit it.

Even if that were true, it does not mean aliens were involved. You are using the God in the Gaps argument. "I don't know, therefore aliens."

Originally posted by Alien Abductcarried those over 2 million blocks all the way to their destination

No need for aliens when we have the Egyptians themselves how they moved such massive stones...the tomb of Djehutihotep depicts workers using a sledge wet with water, used to carry Djehutihotep's 60 ton statue. See Experiments in Egyptian Archaeology

Show me an engineer that has stated that he could do it (and how) with everything at his disposal with even today's tech let alone the available tech. JUST ONE, SHOW ME JUST ONE.

Michael Lerner and Roger Hoskins built a pyramid for NOVA in the 1990s. The construction firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall think so too. That's just two examples from the entirety[/] of mainstream archaeology. Show us the one mainstream archaeologist who says building the pyramids would have been impossible for the Egyptians.

No one says it is automatically aliens, but it does explain it a hell of a lot better then you ever have.

No, it doesn't. Even if it still remains unknown how the Great Pyramid was built exactly, unknown does not mean aliens. Yes, there are competing theories about it's construction, but those have evidence to support them; the ancient alien hypothesis has nothing. Show us one bit of evidence that shows aliens did it. "It's unknown" is not evidence.

First of all you have presented no evidence.

I myself do not need to present evidence. We have the whole of Egyptology backing me up. You have nothing. You rely on a God-in-the-Gaps argument.

Originally posted by Alien AbductWhat I mean is exactly what I said, read the words there is no hidden meaning I can assure you. Its plain text, its not difficult to understand that one little sentence...."yet to be adequately explained".

Come on now, we know how you types operate. We know what you mean. Reject the conclusions that are not your own, ignore the evidence. That is standard operating procedure for the ancient alien believers.

Show your "evidence that supports another explanation".

Show your evidence it was aliens.

edit on 27-3-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Show where I said it was aliens?

"your type"? *laugh out loud*

I'm too tired to debate the rest but you did make some valid points so not much to debate with anyway.

One thing tho.....If we humans were to get exterminated by 95%, even a million (not just a few thousand) years from now there would be definitive evidence (and lots of it) that we had developed and possessed tech to the level that we have today.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just sharing an intuitive viewpoint not asserting anything as factual...

Maybe they just dont hear their own words or maybe, dont understand what "gateway" means...but I 'heard' gateway as soon as I saw the site at the vids opening creds - a word used by the narrators only mid way through the video. So I stopped it early and went and looked up the word to see what intuitive ping might or would come from the words definitions and the only one that 'pulled' at me to take notice was the computor definition of the word.

dictionary.com:

"4. computing hardware and software that connect incompatible computer networks, allowing information to be passed from one to another "

Given the mathematical precision and intellgent design of many of the sites artifacts, I do feel its possible that "gateway" in this instance refers to this site being a place of transmission...be it of information, people or knowledge, 'something' being transmitted, or moving between one thing/place and another thing/place...or between two types of things which are ordinarily not 'compatible' with each other. ( that could be as simple as sky and land)

Whether this transmission was between AA's and mankind or AA's on the ground and AA's in their air I dont know..couls spend years speculating...but it does to me feel like a ..well 'radio' station type of deal.

That said, given what has been lost to us from catclysm and war over the eons, I personally feel the assumption that aged/ancient civilisations were 'primitive' is a self serving fundemental error too many paleo-acheologist
make and so I'd not rush to automatically assume this site is solely of ET origin. Considering the site does contain items scultped by very comprehensible engineering and mathematical principles, whose building mechanism isnt so odd or weird if one comprehends electomagnetism, sound waves and anti-grav principles, I dont think we can too quickly rule out advanced humans doing their thing surrounded by primitive peopels who *thought* they were gods because they could do it.

I try to keep in mind the papua tribe that thought a 1960's silver DC10 was a ship of the gods and treated the explorers who disembarked as if they were magical beings...given we have stone age commuities to tokyo style advanced ones present at the same time at the same place on the planet concurrently today...who knows.

odd timing tho..given how much reading on ancient things ive done..Id ever heard of this place until today...kewl...ty for the diversion!

just my .02c

Ro

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

well then you'll have to include the writers of those tablets seven thousand years ago because they are the ones who tell the story to begin with. you are blaming the messenger

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

it's been done a million times, find it for yourself and the original people are the ones who claim they didn't do it. Why wouldn't they take credit for it? Why wouldn't they boast about it and use it to their advantage?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

LOL and this coming from a canadian lumberman that looks in need of a few IQ points. You better change your avatar before launching an Epic fail Ad Hominem attack instead of providing coherent arguments.

Hold on there!

He's a lumberjack and he's okay....

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Quite frankly, the only desperation here is the breathless assertion that only advanced beings from outer space could have come here and built big stuff out of rocks.

Not arguing...just sayin'.

Not just aliens. Europeans could do it too. But no one else. They needed the help of aliens.

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

well then you'll have to include the writers of those tablets seven thousand years ago because they are the ones who tell the story to begin with. you are blaming the messenger

reply to post by WingedBull

it's been done a million times, find it for yourself and the original people are the ones who claim they didn't do it. Why wouldn't they take credit for it? Why wouldn't they boast about it and use it to their advantage?

You both have made assertions here regarding what ancient peoples said about these so-called "anomalous" constructions.

I note with no surprise whatsoever that neither of you has quoted these words you claim to have been written by the ancient peoples that lived there.

IMO, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Well, I don't believe that Moses received the 10 commandments from a god disguised as a burning bush either. Nor do I believe that what we call an eclipse is actually a dragon eating the sun, so I guess you've got me there.

I kinda expect a higher standard of critical thinking in this here 21'st century, but hey...my bad.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No this is NOT a dismissal of a stone culture and primitive culture, but a dismissal of the extrapolations of Skeptical people who are unable to fathom possibilities that are beyond their worldview.

It is not about being "unable to fathom possibilities...beyond their worldview." It is about following the evidence. Skeptics and archaeologists are bound to it. There is no escaping it. All the evidence tells us these achievements were done by humans. No one else.

On the contrary, it is the ancient alien proponents who cannot "unable to fathom possibilities...beyond their worldview," rejecting and ignoring evidence that does not fit their conclusions.

but atleast i'm glad you're no longer harping on these people being racists, which they are clearly not. So don't go the route of accusing these people of racism, you'll Just endup looking more foolish.

They may not be racist themselves, but the belief that non-European cultures were incapable of great accomplishments without the help of advanced white men or aliens is racist. There is absolutely no denying it.

Instead of stripping the Native Americans of their agency by saying how they would feel about Ancient Aliens, maybe you should ask them yourself if they think it's so racist? Guess what? None of them do.

None of them do? Ever consider for a moment that the American Indians featured on New Age and ancient alien shows don't speak for all of us? Or even the majority? If anything strips people of their agency it is stereotyping them.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Which tablets would those be?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Says who? The people of Tiwanaku left behind no written language...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Which tablets would those be?

you're right I was drifting.

in my view we're dealing with the same people- the ones with the beards. aren't there are other cultures around the world who memorialize , or in some way, emulate beards? Enki AND Quetzalcoatl are BOTH depicted with beards. they are also both represented by, among other things, the serpent.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join