It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One liner comebacks against ignorance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Only ignorant people ridicule and berate people for not knowing the information you do.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Only ignorant people ridicule and berate people for not knowing the information you do.

But as noted in my later posts for an alternative phrasing...doesn't the mere fact of using a label - ignorant - ridicule and berate the other?

There is a difference between using the word "ignorance" vs labeling someone "ignorant" or any other label.

We are all guilty of this in our lives at one point or another.....I noticed 1.5 years ago and have been striving ever since to stop labeling people in any shape or form. It's difficult because of so much cultural conditioning and emotional attachment to words... getting closer to my goal.

Lots of labeling on TV, movies, music songs...largely shut those off......getting used to the internal music in my mind and - natural beauty - around us
edit on 17-3-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontneedaname

But as noted in my later posts for an alternative phrasing...doesn't the mere fact of using a label - ignorant - ridicule and berate the other?

There is a difference between using the word "ignorance" vs labeling someone "ignorant" or any other label.

We are all guilty of this in our lives at one point or another.....I noticed 1.5 years ago and have been striving ever since to stop labeling people in any shape or form. It's difficult because of so much cultural conditioning and emotional attachment to words... getting closer to my goal.

Lots of labeling on TV, movies, music songs...largely shut those off......getting used to the internal music in my mind and - natural beauty - around us
edit on 17-3-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

I personally believe it is wrong to label people, and I strive not to, but I'm not perfect and I do have my biases and prejudices against certain kinds of people.

And yes, labeling people can be considered another form of ignorance. Because labels never truly reveal the entire picture of a person and is always based on very little information, but on people's personal prejudices and biases and bigotries.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Can someone please explain the difference between ignorant and arrogant to me?
Actually don't bother, I don't know it but I'm too great for trivial stuff like that anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The difference is this:

An arrogant person believes he or she is right no matter what, and arrogance does often include ignorance because arrogant people are often unwilling to change their stance when receiving new information and are often unwilling to receive any new information at all.

An ignorant person is just someone who has a lack of information or knowledge and is willing to learn more. Ignorance is often associated with a negative connotation to it, but not always, and doesn't always have to be a negative thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

Making those comments will get a removal of said comments. So best to keep said comments to oneself

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

Of all human qualities; ignorance is the most ubiquitous

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The difference is this:

An arrogant person believes he or she is right no matter what, and arrogance does often include ignorance because arrogant people are often unwilling to change their stance when receiving new information and are often unwilling to receive any new information at all.

An ignorant person is just someone who has a lack of information or knowledge and is willing to learn more. Ignorance is often associated with a negative connotation to it, but not always, and doesn't always have to be a negative thing.

Did you notice the second sentence? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ignorants Denied

( only one line )

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Yes I did. If you don't want a question answered in the first place, don't ask it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
__________________________________________________________________________!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join