It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Grand Mufti Calls for "Destruction of All Churches in Region"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

If Bush really thought God was talking to him, he lied about what God said. What Bush thought he heard was something more like this, "Hey Georgie! God here. Why's a big oil man like you waiting for an excuse? There's oil in that there desert and you should be the one to go get it. Now stop playing games and get busy."

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

I could go on and on and on you know, Reagen, now there was a guy especialy fanatical, if ever at a time did America have a good old fashioned Christian Crusade it was under that guy, He was a total crack pot, complete fanatic, real end of days sort of stuff. Guy was a maniac, but most religious extremists are you know.

Reagan was a fanatical religious leader? And how many deaths is he responsible for during his 8 years as President?

Most US Presidents were men of faith…that doesn’t make them religious leaders nor does it mean their decisions where based on the teachings of Christianity.

Religious leaders have the final say in Muslim countries. No Christian religious leader (such as the Pope) is calling the shots in America. You are making a serious leap of logic, sir.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks like your logic Mr. Seabag is shutting the naysayers down. Bravo, very refreshing. I think I'll add you to my friends list. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There is a difference between elected officials who happen to be personally religious and religious leaders who are in charge of a theocracy. Don't let anti-theistic extremism get in the way of apathetic agnosticness/atheism, cause it makes you no better than those you complain about.

If you honestly think America is some sort of Christian nation, then I'm a poor Nigerian who desperately needs your credit card number. I'll pay you back. Promise. The truth is, most Americans in the so-called bible belt don't go to church, don't know the first thing about the religion they may claim because it is only cultural to them, and most of their children are secular little heathens. For real. The statistics are way behind reality. If you don't believe me then you need to get out more.

Re the OP: Christians have been persecuted for a long time in the ME. This is nothing new, but it is sad.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Nope. I am saying that you are no better, nor no worse than they are.
You're all working on the premise that there's your deity who is better than that other guy's deity.
Maybe you're both wrong.

Your idea of religion is just as valid/invalid as theirs.
There is no difference between biblical law (if you've read the bible), and Sharia law.
Maybe you're both wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The official religion of the Saudi Kingdom is a Sunni Wahhabi strand of Islam, that is both deeply conservative and radical, although this all varry's from person to person.

The Saudi Kingdom is intolerant of non-Muslims, which is clearly shown through the difficulties to get even tourists VISAs to Saudi Arabia, and through the denial of entrance, of non-Muslims to Mecca.

Essentially since the expansion of the Wahhabi movement in the Arabian peninsuala in WW1, it has always been a zealous and bigoted interpretation of Islam that has committed numerous dispicable crimes in the name of the prophet of Islam, Mohhamad.

With that said is Wahhabist or Salafist conservatism and radicalism representative of all Muslims? No. Furthermore, I can not say that it is even representitive of a majority or of any Muslims outside the Arabian Peninsuala or the Egyptian brand of the Ikwhan (the Muslim Brotherhood).

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

With that said is Wahhabist or Salafist conservatism and radicalism representative of all Muslims? No. Furthermore, I can not say that it is even representitive of a majority or of any Muslims outside the Arabian Peninsuala or the Egyptian brand of the Ikwhan (the Muslim Brotherhood).

One could argue about the way different Christian denominations interpret the bible or the zeal with which they pursue their interpretation. The fact remains that CHRISTIANITY isn’t killing people en masse around the globe the way Islam is! Period!

As a matter of fact, no ONE DENOMINATION of Christianity is killing ANY people around the globe!! However, there ARE several sects of Islam killing people around the globe, and each time it happens, people try to say “Well, that’s not MY SECT, it’s the other sect.”

You can’t dismiss all of the atrocities around the world perpetrated in the name of ‘Islam’ on a particular sect. It is the religion of ISLAM that ties them together; they fly the same banner just as the different denominations of Christianity do.

If ‘Southern Baptist’ Christians were killing people, I highly doubt you would allow me the courtesy of saying “Oh, it’s just those Baptists doing the killing, and they aren’t the same as the other Christians.”

Nice try though!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
One could argue about the way different Christian denominations interpret the bible or the zeal with which they pursue their interpretation. The fact remains that CHRISTIANITY isn’t killing people en masse around the globe the way Islam is! Period!

My friend, I don't think it's a good idea to promote a war between 2 billion Christians and 1 billion Muslims.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Don't you think that if any of these Muslim groups try to reconstruct a Caliphate that all hell is going to break loose everywhere?

We've already seen reports in the last month that recreating a Caliphate is the ultimate goal of the Muslim Brotherhood.

In the meanwhile, you have a Shia faction called, Hizb ut-Tahrir, who's been holding "Caliphate Conferences" around the world. Their conference is in Austria this year, but it was in CHICAGO last year.

Wahhabi may be the biggest problem at the moment, but once the Muslims try to recreated their Caliphate, you're going to see the ultimate fight between the Sunnis and Shiites, just like times past to see who will rule this Caliphate. Only this time, it will be on a global scale and not limited to the Middle East. The peaceful Muslims may only be left to defend themselves, but it will still end up like a battle in Syria with no end. Don't think that once peaceful Muslims won't turn into violent ones if it comes to this.

Here's a little more info on what Hizb ut-Tahrir is trying to do worldwide. What the Saudi Grand Mufti is doing right now is only a precursor to what's coming later.

Hizb ut-Tahrir — which is banned in many countries, including Germany, but is free to operate in Austria — is virulently opposed to Western capitalism and democracy and seeks to extend the future caliphate to Europe and the United States.

www.theblaze.com...

and...

www.newstatesman.com...

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure that most of us thought we'd never hear the term "New World Order" in our lifetime either. So, to think that something of this scale could happen in the Islamic communities in our lifetime isn't too far fetched.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This neatly illustrates one of the uncomfortable truths. Saudi Arabia, supported, funded and defended by the USA is the home of Wahhabism.

en.wikipedia.org...

The most intolerant anti western form of Islam.

They fund schools round the region and world exporting this ideology. This then breeds radicalism in other places.

Saudi is an infected limb spreading poison but as keeping them onside is necessary for the petro-dollar it has to be ignored and we have to send people to die fighting the symptoms of infection elsewhere.

The war on terror is like the war on drugs. We fund our soldiers directly and we fund their opponents indirectly through oil purchases. Our taxes fund one side, our purchases fund the other. It will go on until the oil runs out and we don't care about the Saudis anymore.

People bleating about Iran while ignoring Saudi are either woefully ignorant or hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

The war on terror is like the war on drugs. We fund our soldiers directly and we fund their opponents indirectly through oil purchases. Our taxes fund one side, our purchases fund the other. It will go on until the oil runs out and we don't care about the Saudis anymore.

True to an extent. It's not just our oil purchases that fund our opponents indirectly, it's also the billions of dollars we spend every year in the name of "foreign aid". Except, when the oil runs out, we'll still be sending out foreign aid to Middle East countries in order to keep these extremist factions from invading Israel or the U.S.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If ‘Southern Baptist’ Christians were killing people, I highly doubt you would allow me the courtesy of saying “Oh, it’s just those Baptists doing the killing, and they aren’t the same as the other Christians.”

Nice try though!

Every board on the internet I've ever been to trots out the 'No True Scotsman' argument on Christians. How amazing is it that the logic doesn't seem to be applied to other religions?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Reagan was a fanatical religious leader? And how many deaths is he responsible for during his 8 years as President?
reply to post by seabag

You dont know a lot about the history of your own country do you?

news.bbc.co.uk...

You should probably start with what is called the Christian Right, theres even a wikipedia page on it for you, kinda glosses over things though.

I still kinda think its odd you think only muslims can be fanatical, your denial is perhaps a sign of your own fevered fanaticism maybe?

heh, you probably still think Reagen ended the cold war lol

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by KennyDurazo

the hanging gardens cannot be raised if all my churches are destroyed. 
you must have the LORD's permission to stand in exalted land beset in heaven. 
the arches are on the ground you stand on. 
I KNOW. 
EUROPE. 
verify me. 
I am s2p81 ds2p81. 
I command the powers of ascending terretories of earth. 
I am king. 
only YOU may witness ascension for what it was designed for. 
seek the deleted youtube video of s2p81 ds2p81. 
I am the master. 
I am humble. 
I want peace and conversion, please. 
I am the wings of perseus and the chains of the hanging gardens. 
war must be done away with. 
I am STARGATE ONE.

Really??? Why didn't you share this earlier??

All this time I thought you were just KennyDurazo!

Kenny might be off the meds today...
Anyways, I am not surprised at all.
All these guys do wage wars against religions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I recently learned that Muhammad's first wife was a Catholic from a very wealthy family.
edit on 17-3-2012 by IndieA because: sp

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

You dont know a lot about the history of your own country do you?

news.bbc.co.uk...

You should probably start with what is called the Christian Right, theres even a wikipedia page on it for you, kinda glosses over things though.

I still kinda think its odd you think only muslims can be fanatical, your denial is perhaps a sign of your own fevered fanaticism maybe?

heh, you probably still think Reagen ended the cold war lol

Dude, how does shipping arms to the contras constitute a holy war perpetrated by Christians??

You still haven’t told me how many deaths Reagan is responsible for? After all, there were no prolonged US military conflicts during Reagan’s 8 years! Maybe you need to study history.

“Reagan resorted to military force far less often than many of those who came before him or who have since occupied the Oval Office. . . . After the [1983] assault on the Marine barracks in Lebanon, it was questioning the wisdom of U.S. involvement that led Reagan to withdraw our troops rather than dig in. He found no good strategic reason to give our regional enemies inviting U.S. targets. Can one imagine one of today’s neoconservative absolutists backing away from any fight anywhere?”
link

You are REALLY being silly now…no offense!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I was going to post something to the effect that this is just the beginning, but it wouldn't really make anyone think. Read the Quran and the history of Islam and you'll know without anyone telling you.

What’s amazing is the evidence keeps pouring in daily and the deniers still deny.

If it was the US taking out Mosques the entire site would be bombarded with posts. It’s the lack of attention to this Muslim plan that is eating up Europe and the entire Middle East. I guess they will eventually succeed.

Islam must be Arabic for CRYPTONITE because nobody will touch it.

So two groups speak for 1.5 billion people. Couldn't find anything better for your weekly Islam hate thread?

And it's spelled Kryptonite I see your knowledge of comics is as complete as your knowledge of Islam.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Double

edit on 17-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join