It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~The Secret Power Of Words~

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by reitze

Did Anonymous come from V-for Vendetta? I have that movie sitting on my shelf and still haven't watched it.

NFW. "Anonymous" came from fake screen names that have been used by engineers like me since the early days of the internet. Especially for sharing opinions and POVs that aren't kosher with employer's POV and stuff like that. HOWEVER, some like me also feel less need to use fake screen names than in days gone by since most engineering type employers have put policies in place that treat social data as a form of "information" that is not appropriate for use in the work place as well as specifying that the employees not "represent their employer" in their on-line posts. Of course its not a perfect world either, and for all I know could have something to do with my own unemployment while at the same time having a good track record of both engineering and inventions.

Considering the OWS, and Guy Fox masks, yea that V for Vendetta USES the concept of "anonymous" to promote their ideas without those ideas getting lost by association to the people presenting them. Many blogs use that same thing - as even here at ATS.

Also, the V- speech (video in 1 of my posts above) represents some of the core philosophy that relates also to this thread... the power of words and censorship taking words out of context of their intent in order to discredit opponents while also reducing the number of words available to express ideas (eg: the Jerad Laughner paranoia).

In example form, have you ever tried to have a serious conversation with someone like Bill OReiliee? Rather than sharing and contributing information, their "game" seems more about CONTROLLING the CONVERSATION - in order to hold onto whatever lies their profiting by, or unwilling to allow to be fully challenge. In a very similar vein, certain family/friends come to mind, nurses Drs, etc ... promoting the do what the Dr Pusher does, stuff like that... and no its not absolute either. More like conspiracies of going along to get along an not having time to do their own research and so-on. (eg: I reversed Type 2 diabetes w/o drugs and with terrible opposition from family/Dr Pusher --- 4 years ago via my own research and bio-feedback-testing).

The V for Vendetta MOVIE also brings in the "revolution" concepts and seem why its a core element of OWS - and those protesters with the $ bills over their mouths. I did find it quite entertaining. It also intermixes the sort of food and drug population domination concepts that seem a challenge to folks who tend to believe in wholesome organic foods and have learned of GMO toxins and other abuses of the big food companies. The movie brings together a wide range of conspiracy theories into an action adventure - so it is quite entertaining, and perhaps a little "too real" to some people.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skylonda
reply to post by reitze

FANTASTIC post !!
I think you make a well thought out, insightful point.

Here comes the pain.
You are wrong about Rush. I hate talking about this because it is a contrived political distraction, a false flag attack to make us look over here so we don't look at what they are doing over there.
I listened to Rush all 3 hours and he never called anyone a c #. Find a clip or real soundbite where Rush uses language and hate like that and I will bow down and beg your forgiveness.

Bill Maher is on audio and video calling Sarah Palin a c # and making fun of her Downs Syndrome baby. Or was that last bit Louis CK. I get my foul mouthed democratic liberal comedians mixed up.

The point is, it's easy to document his foul mouth and deranged brain. Find real proof that Rush used that word as well. And quit listening to state run media for your news, first and foremost.

Otherwise - fine work sir. Star.

(With wording and addition edits):
Thanks for the compliment. I stand by my point regardless of whether or not Rush used the C word. Bill's use of c-word made the association of policy_whore-for-money-over-personal_values using a word that directly meant that. His illumination of her pregnancy (fake???) - speaking engagement and flight home to deliver her daughter's kid demonstrated her hypocrisy and emphasized his point with simple references to widely speculated things in common news articles.

In contrast Rush went on and on trying to discredit the ideas expressed by Ms Flake by making miss flake appear to be a whore (eg: bent on sex and money from us to pay for it) as well as fueled by his ANGER. So even if there were a thread of logic he made it personal rather than a matter of sharing ideas.

Originally, Ms Flake's sexuality was never anything to do with the political issue of the insurance-coverage of birth control. Nor was Sara's sexuality the essence of her policies or Bill's characterization of her.

Rush crossed that line, Bill didn't. (that's reiterating my prior post a bit). Bill didn't create a SEXUAL SLUT innuendo about Sara's personal life while insinuating that had anything to do with her positions. Rush did.

Edit++
BTW, I'm against socialized health care due to the insurance layer corruption as well as the other corruptions of the system (pushes drugs imho). So I sympathize w/ the Rep anti-HCR POV, but also sympathize with HCR should cover that subject whether or not its socialized. Rush could have done a better job opposign HCR iniatives by going for core issues rather than birth control that isn't just for sex but also has health benefits.

Birth control pills saved my wife's life from long-term female bleeding... she's better now, thank God. If healthcare is socialized then that's part of it. And in my view so is ABORTION - lest someone like my wife need one in the middle of a risky pregnancy - NFW would I trust a Dr or govt to decide for her if it were necessary - and if there's laws in the way there WILL be coat hangers and self-punched abortions like I once saw a personal friend do.
edit on 3/19/2012 by reitze because: additions

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Now you understand the power of prayer no matter what your religion.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hidden Messages in Water

yeah I did a thread years ago on him... very interesting. The crystal formations were/are amazing...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie. Keep speaking it. ~Gaskins Jr"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join