It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~The Secret Power Of Words~

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Man. I really hate to be the perennial bummer...but please google "Emoto Water" before you start fantasizing that you are vibrating yourself or your rice to a higher-level.

I've done my research on the matter and despite a hopeful attitude, it really appears that Emoto--while maybe a true believer--is also a helluva snake-water salesman, ahem.

Don't trust the wiki link below, research and trust your intellect. Now excuse me while I speak positively to the last gulp of tea in my glass and exit this thread. Peace, though!! I love ya Human_Alien...even as gullible as you are.

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls,[9] and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community.[10] In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings.

In the day-to-day work of his group, the creativity of the photographers rather than the rigor of the experiment is an explicit policy.[12] Emoto freely acknowledges that he is not a scientist,[13] and that photographers are instructed to select the most pleasing photographs.[14]
In 2003, James Randi publicly offered Emoto one million dollars if his results can be reproduced in a double-blind study.

In 2005, Kristopher Setchfield (a graduate of Castleton State College in Vermont with a BA in Health Science) published a paper[16] that analyzed deeper motives regarding Emoto's study. In his paper, Setchfield writes,
Unfortunately for his credibility with the scientific community, Dr. Emoto sells products based on his claims. For example, the products page of Emoto's Hado website is currently offering "geometrically perfect" "Indigo water" that is "highly charged hexagonally structured concentrate," and supposedly creates "structured water" that is "more easily assimilated at the cellular level" for $35 for an eight-ounce bottle. Without providing scientific research references for the allegedly amazing qualities of his Indigo Water, Emoto's commercial venture calls to mind ethical concerns regarding his intent and motivation—questions that would not be present if any scientist had published research supporting his claims.

In 2006, Emoto published a paper together with Dean Radin and others in the journal Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing. They describe that in a double blind test approximately 2000 people in Tokyo could increase the aesthetic appeal of water stored in a room in California, compared to water in another room, solely through their positive intentions.

[edit]Triple-blind study
A better-controlled "triple-blind" follow-up study published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration did not yield positive results. More than 1,900 of Mr. Emoto's followers focused gratitude on water bottles in a vault over a period of three days. The water was then frozen and compared to two different sets of controls in a very elaborate protocol. Crystals from all three groups were not, on average, considered to be particularly beautiful (scoring 1.7 on a scale of 0 to 6, where 6 was very beautiful). Crystals from the experimental group were also rated slightly less beautiful than a set of controls. An objective comparison of contrast did not reveal any significant differences among the samples...

...Physician Harriet A. Hall writes, about the ideas of Emoto, that "This watery fantasy is all very entertaining and imaginative, full of New Age feel-good platitudes, holistic oneness, consciousness raising, and warm fuzzies; but it's hard to see how anyone could mistake it for science."
[edit]
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So to to see if your theory has any basis I am going to try an experiment.

For this experiment:

I am going to place three bowls of rice in a refrigerator for thirty days.

Everyday I am going to speak to two of the bowls using the same two words.

To the first bowl I am going to say '# you' repeatedly in the most loving passionate caring way possible.

To the second bowl I am going to say '# you' repeatedly in the most hating contemptuous berating way possible.

The third bowl I will just completely ignore.

I will post the results here in thirty days. I implore others to do the same and post their findings in thirty days.
edit on 16-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If I tell my toilet "thank you" every time I use it, will that mean that I won't have to clean it at the end of the month?

Let's see!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

the positive idea is to truth not to the smile, u keep jumping out for abuse and exploitations of what should never b used, to force the opposite as a matter of fact, searching the way of smiling true, complete morons slaves of evil forever

when truth exist, so absolute superior zero exist, so any is real and all always absolutely existing

then freedom of truth is a relative right of present knowing that all is true

what that moron free sense would do or mean right? the only right it would mean is to smile to true reality he is witnessing while being through constantly, since he must realize it anyways

that is why who never smile to truth is who mean clearly never be but through abusing its existence absolutely for evil life powers over truth present and through truth existence knowledge in absolute perspectives

anyway, keep seeking ur smile to justify all existence from, u wont get it go run

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
One possible example of the power of words can be found here...

Which then gives sustenance to arguements such as...

www.mysticalblaze.com...
Using Sacred Words in Magick

Hebrew, Sanskrit, Chinese, Egyptian, Tibetan - all these are considered sacred languages. In recent experiments with sound and its effect on matter, one experimenter found that when sand was placed on a plate and the plate was vibrated at various frequencies, the sand reacted by forming various patterns. When the vowels of Hebrew and Sanskrit languages were spoken, the sand took the exact shape of actual written vowels used in those languages. This is very significant in that the ancients must have known secrets about sound and its effect on the environment that we have lost in the present day. If you have read other pages on this site, you already know that it is suspected that sound was used to lift the heavy blocks to build the pyramids (a feat we cannot duplicate even today), and that sound is also strongly suspected as being the catalyst in crop circle formation.

maybe...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by MoneyIsWorthless
reply to post by Human_Alien

I saw this with water in one "documentary" - "What the bleep do we know" I think it was called. But I have also seen it in other ones where he put notes of "Love" and "Hate" on water glasses and froze them down and after he looked through a microscope. Surprisingly the ones he put the note "Love" on came out with perfect geometrical shaped crystals while the ones with hate had all messed up ones. To me it's just proof on how everything is a vibration of sound and how we are affected by different sources(Say TV,Wireless Internet, Radio, Cell Phone Towers, Music, Words) etc.

For some reason, my heart just sank thinking of all the innocent animals science experiments on.
They isolate monkeys ...from birth!!!.....just to see how it interacts in 'society' once he's introduced to others.

You know, I think science does a lot more harm than good.

They also do the same to humans. Although nobody seems to care about this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

You've lost me. Is English not your first language...can you clalify please

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

oops, I tried to fix clalify to clarify and it still came out as clalify...and heres me accusing the poster of bad english...sorry

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan

Originally posted by MoneyIsWorthless

I saw this with water in one "documentary" - "What the bleep do we know" I think it was called. But I have also seen it in other ones where he put notes of "Love" and "Hate" on water glasses and froze them down and after he looked through a microscope. Surprisingly the ones he put the note "Love" on came out with perfect geometrical shaped crystals while the ones with hate had all messed up ones. To me it's just proof on how everything is a vibration of sound and how we are affected by different sources(Say TV,Wireless Internet, Radio, Cell Phone Towers, Music, Words) etc.

For some reason, my heart just sank thinking of all the innocent animals science experiments on.
They isolate monkeys ...from birth!!!.....just to see how it interacts in 'society' once he's introduced to others.

You know, I think science does a lot more harm than good.

They also do the same to humans. Although nobody seems to care about this.

I dunno man. I just feel more empathy towards animals than Humans. Probably because animals don't have a voice and we treat them in an inferior manner. I DEPLORE zoos because of this and yet.... have less emotional sensitivity with people behind bars. Go figger!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I don't need to experiment or read how a person may or may not be a snake charmer.
This, in the deepest part of my soul, rings true.
Unspoken emotions (vibes, energy, intention, frequencies etc...) are more powerful than the Sun.

You're one of my favorite adversary too GUT !

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have experienced this in my own life. I started out existing as the hated rice, became the neglected rice to survive, and am now reconfiguring myself into the loved rice to live.

This experiment is something that I know to be true. I have no proof other than my own feelings after watching the videos on the link posted.

Especially this one:

Watching that video made me feel like weeping. And, it gave me hope.

Thank you very much for posting this thread, Human_Alien.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

it is not a subjective opinion to clarify it, so if u admit some objective facts i said u must tell me which ones u need more of my perspective to

that is why language doesnt matter when communication is about objective facts, any awareness or conscious know all objective from being existing any reality of, that is how animals dont need a tongue to share their emotions about objective reality they are bound to
while also conscious humans literate expressions about everything keep meaning precisely creations and extrapolations over facts as there is no need to lot of words to explain what clearly exist, its existence is much more talkative about

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You see, I don't think it's the words rather the true intent.

This experiment says: place three bowls of cooked rice in the refrigerator for a month ----- each day stopping by giving praise to one bowl.-------negativity to the other------and the third one, ignore all together.

it'll react positively because your energy field and intent was positive.

Things can't differentiate between words. But it can feel vibes/intent/truth.
Words are nothing. They're man-made letters thrown together. Nature doesn't respond to our 6000 different dialects in the world but rather the one true element, truth.
So it ain't the spoken word...it's the heartfelt intent.
I bet this experiment would work with no words spoken at all just....telepathy/thought.

I 'kinda' agree.

The spoken word is just that, speech.
But the true essence of a word is the meaning we put IN it.

So as you may be right about the switch up of the words yet keeping the meaning of another. As the people that we are, we dont speak like that. unless there is sarcasm involved in which the meaning still comes out the same.

Such as "I really love the new project you created" even though you hate it all together.
I believe I will do this expeirement and post it here.

It may take me a few days to get it started due to my everyday obligations, but I will try.
I will set up 9 bowls of rice. 3 the same as he did. 3 with the same writing just different intents and 3 with no writing or spoken words at all, with just intent.

stay turned. I will report back in about a month with pics and the results.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

FANTASTIC post !!

I think you make a well thought out, insightful point.

Here comes the pain.

You are wrong about Rush. I hate talking about this because it is a contrived political distraction, a false flag attack to make us look over here so we don't look at what they are doing over there.

I listened to Rush all 3 hours and he never called anyone a c #. Find a clip or real soundbite where Rush uses language and hate like that and I will bow down and beg your forgiveness.

Bill Maher is on audio and video calling Sarah Palin a c # and making fun of her Downs Syndrome baby. Or was that last bit Louis CK. I get my foul mouthed democratic liberal comedians mixed up.

The point is, it's easy to document his foul mouth and deranged brain. Find real proof that Rush used that word as well. And quit listening to state run media for your news, first and foremost.

Otherwise - fine work sir. Star.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Let us know your findings Tall! Thanks in advance for taking time to experiment with this

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Without going too off topic it's been said that extraterrestrials, who have evolved enough to traverse the cosmos only were able to because of their telepathy and equal-ness (if you will) within their species.

It's been claimed, there's no pecking order (although there are Universal Laws) like we have here where governments rule and the rest are slaves. Because on their specific planet, no one can lie, dupe, cheat or control one another because their intentions are raw so they live in honesty and truth at all time. There's no choice. And that's the way it should be, no?

So it's not only due to their technological advancement that they're out there but also due to their telepathic balance with one another.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Did Anonymous come from V-for Vendetta? I have that movie sitting on my shelf and still haven't watched it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think it was the bible that says words are a living spirit. In a manner of speaking, all knowledge is literally alive within us vying for attention. Some gets more attention than othes and some gets burried deep down below other dominant thoughts. A single powerful idea can completely transform a soul. And I read somewhere else that a spoken word will exist for eternity.

Words are power.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotaz

I think it was the bible that says words are a living spirit. In a manner of speaking, all knowledge is literally alive within us vying for attention. Some gets more attention than othes and some gets burried deep down below other dominant thoughts. A single powerful idea can completely transform a soul. And I read somewhere else that a spoken word will exist for eternity.

Words are power.

Well in these modern days they hold some weight but we haven't been talking in words for all that long. And I hardly believe 'words' is what makes us special.

I'm not arguing with you but we are conditioned to use words.
What about 10,000 years ago?.....don't you think this rice experiment (minus a fridge) would've work with grunts?
I do. Because it's all in the intention. Not word.

I think we're more instinctive and perhaps telepathic if we were conditioned to be so. But we were trained to speak with words that only helps further the divide a world that contains only one (decision making) species. Humans.
It's pretty sad actually.

And what about a deaf person?.....who never spoke a word? Don't you think s/he can have the same effect on the rice just with thought?
I certainly do.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I did say words are power but I didn't say they were all powerful. Certainly the power of belief & thought are equally powerful in their own right when properly applied.

Perhaps in reality it's true knowledge (wisdom) that is most powerful. Eitherway, what I was trying to say is that thoughts are actually alive within us. Ideas have, in a manner of speaking, a life of their own. The attention we give to them determines how powerful they become. Some ideas we control. Some control us. Perfect example of this is FEAR. Or how about a person who says "I want to lose weight" but continually gains weight. IMO, Self-mastery should be everyones goal...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join