It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the End of 2012, Humanity Will Undergo a Paradigm Shift

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And the shift will be away from ignorance...ignorance of what?

Ignorance of trying to predict the end/Armageddon/rapture/some big moment that has been predicted countless times over the centuries that people seem to be obsessed over even when they never comes to fruition.

Silly is the person that thinks they will be taken seriously after this huge fail waiting to happen.

It will be a consciousness raising experience, because people will throw out the old illusions that the end of the world is upon us. Instead of worrying about some event that is supposedly going to happen, people will concentrate more on what IS happening in the world, in the present.

These phantom fears will be replaced by real fears, and real fears will position us towards life in a way fake fears like the end of the world bring. There are more than enough real fears in this world to worry about and there is no need to create any pale, fanciful notions. Instead, we will worry about how we are going to sustain ourselves with the prospect of inflation. We will worry more about world resources and conservation. We will worry more about our civil rights that are being slowly eroded, etc.

The shift is coming, and there is nothing mystical about it.

It will be the great, "What the hell were we thinking?" moment.

Being more in line with the reality we live in is precisely what consciousness raising is.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Mankind as a whole is not at all informed off or concerned about a 2O12 doom scenario.

And even if they were I don´t think that that realisation would trigger a paradigm shift of general significance.
edit on 16-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately the evidence from the 2012 threads is that no amount of failures deters most people from believing in people making bad predictions. Authors such as Sitchin and Hancock and Velikovsky and Icke still have their groupies despite their repeated failures.

Maybe the reason people become their groupies is that they look better than Drunvalo and Wilcock.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

You are ridiculous.

What makes your "real" fears any more "real" than what anyone else feels or experiences?

What is the difference as to whether or not Niburu shows its ugly head, Yellowstone ruptures, the poles shift, the world economy goes belly up, a nuclear war breaks out, or mass revolution envelops the globe?

Either way - all of these are the end of the world as we know it. All of these scenarios mark the end of an era. All of these are plausible things that just might happens, some of which have been building for so much time, that there is a head just waiting to be popped.

You speak of fear as if it makes a difference what you fear. You either fear or you don't. It doesn't matter what it is. Whether you like it or not, whether any of the deniers LIKE IT OR NOT, one day this world that is set in front of us is going to come to an end - this is reality. Who then will be more prepared... those who foresaw it coming and were perhaps a little obsessed with its arrival... or those who ignored it and abashed those who chose to be prepared instead of ignorant?

I daresay the former, my friend. But you speak of fear. Fear this, fear that... and I say - fear nothing.

Fear nothing.

Acknowledge all. Prepare for all possibilities. Deny ignorance. But most of all... fear nothing.

Fear is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

I can already answer the question - "What the hell was I thinking?"

Survival of the fittest. Paving the way for a chance at a better future. Because in the current world - there is no future.
edit on 16-3-2012 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

You are ridiculous.

You are ridiculous if you think some great calamity will occur this year because the Mayan calendar is going to end. Even thinking that some magical event is going to occur because of the date is ridiculous. I say nothing is going to happen, unless world governments decide to hijack the notion for their own purposes.

What makes your "real" fears any more "real" than what anyone else feels or experiences?

Let's see. When was the the last Apocalypse? Oh yeah, there wasn't one. And how many times has it been predicted? Far too many. Those fears are unfounded.

Of course the world could end in split second, because of some freak event of nature, but the odds are extremely low of it happening at any time. Why dwell on that?

Why not think of more Earthly matters, like the fact that Israel wants to blow up Iran? A place that took it's land by force, isn't recognized as a country by at least a couple dozen countries. Or what about the increasing wealth gap between the rich and the poor? You like your civil rights? Do you like them even as everything you do is being watched more closely all the time? These are a handful of things I fear and they are VERY real.

What is the difference as to whether or not Niburu shows its ugly head, Yellowstone ruptures, the poles shift, the world economy goes belly up, a nuclear war breaks out, or mass revolution envelops the globe?

The point is that everyone is focused on a date that the SHTF and that is absurd. There is NO evidence that will occur as people think. The Mayans DID NOT predict it. Any of the things you said could happen, except Niburu. That is a joke as well. What is the point of thinking any one of those event is going to occur in 2012 and much less on 12/212012, or whatever the special day is now? There is no good reason to think it. It's just a phantom fear that says we are hopeless.

Either way - all of these are the end of the world as we know it. All of these scenarios mark the end of an era. All of these are plausible things that just might happens, some of which have been building for so much time, that there is a head just waiting to be popped.

Is the end of the age, according to the Mayan calendar. We probably even misinterpreted the day the new age begins.

Actually, when I look at the calendar, we are 14 days away from entering the age of April! OMG!

You speak of fear as if it makes a difference what you fear. You either fear or you don't. It doesn't matter what it is.

I truthfully don't know what you're getting at.

Whether you like it or not, whether any of the deniers LIKE IT OR NOT, one day this world that is set in front of us is going to come to an end - this is reality.

I don't think the deniers are saying that the world is always going to be here. If they are saying what I'm saying, then it's stupid to think that people thousands of years ago predicted when it was going to happen. It's counter productive to think that the world is going to end at a certain time.

"I'm going to go to college."
"Why bother? The world is about to end."

"Honey, do you think it's about time to have children?"
"No, the worlds about to end dear."

"Lets all get wasted everyday from now on!"
"Right on! World's about to end anyways!"

Who then will be more prepared... those who foresaw it coming and were perhaps a little obsessed with its arrival... or those who ignored it and abashed those who chose to be prepared instead of ignorant?

LOL
How do you prepare for the end of the world? Your obsession will be wasted energy you could have used for something a little more closer to reality.

I daresay the former, my friend. But you speak of fear. Fear this, fear that... and I say - fear nothing.

Fear nothing.

So why even prepare for the end if you don't fear it, hmm?

Acknowledge all. Prepare for all possibilities. Deny ignorance. But most of all... fear nothing.

Never leave the house. Stay curled up in a ball of constant fear in bed.

It's not that I don't fear the end of the world, I just don't consider it to be a possibility in the near future.

Fear is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

Fear is productive, but not when it's focused on far out ideas around 2012 and the like.

I can already answer the question - "What the hell was I thinking?"

Survival of the fittest. Paving the way for a chance at a better future. Because in the current world - there is no future.
edit on 16-3-2012 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

Yeah well, if people weren't so focused on bogus ideas, maybe they could focus more on the current world. You've taken my point of my OP and said that's why it's good to believe in the 2012 crap. I don't buy it. You would be "fitter" if you didn't.
edit on 17-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Preparing for 2012 is insane, just like all the other "end times"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Preparing for 2012 is insane indeed but thinking about the Earth as one race is something that they people should start thinking about. This is my view away from any texts I've read on the internet because I've aways been talking about how the world should consider them one whole race in the universe, that is thinking themselves as one among all that could exist in space.

If you're saying people should start thinking even more about their daily problems and forget and not think about what remain mystery, about the future of the planet, the ecology, space - something that omly people involved in it are thinking about, well then you are very wrong.

The reason why population is such trash in its majority is that people are forgetting more important and global issues than some daily problems. I also have daily problems but I dont forget these bigger ones.

Ok now that I read again, you seem to be saying the same that people need to focus on global problems so I agree. But doomsayers will always exist and announc eevery month to be smth.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Preparing for 2012 is insane indeed but thinking about the Earth as one race is something that they people should start thinking about. This is my view away from any texts I've read on the internet because I've aways been talking about how the world should consider them one whole race in the universe, that is thinking themselves as one among all that could exist in space.

And what exactly does that have to do with 2012 and doomsday prediction? Do you think that a magical day is going to come along and unite mankind? It's a work in progress and there is no magic bullet.

Wanting harmony among all groups of people is nothing to sneer at, but why are you waiting for the day to happen? Why not make that day today? Again, another reason these "special days" are silly. They are a procrastination of your hopes, if that is what you believe.

If you're saying people should start thinking even more about their daily problems and forget and not think about what remain mystery, about the future of the planet, the ecology, space - something that omly people involved in it are thinking about, well then you are very wrong.

There are mysteries and their are silly mysteries. 2012 is a silly mystery. The ancient Mayans are doing a face palm in their graves.

The reason why population is such trash in its majority is that people are forgetting more important and global issues than some daily problems. I also have daily problems but I dont forget these bigger ones.

If our daily lives were better off, then we could concentrate more energy towards global problems. Worry about your own house first.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

It doesn't matter what some ancient civilization said or didn't say, or when their calender supposedly ended. What matters is how you speak so matter of factly about how nothing is going to happen just as much as anyone who believes something will. Honestly what is the difference? What makes you any better? What makes the chances of the world going hunky dorey and everyone having a good time any better of happening then the current facade coming to an abrupt end?

I could care less what the Mayans said and I am sure most others could as well. I look at the present time, I look at the state of the world and I base that on why I believe 2012 very well could be the end of the world as we know it. NOT the end of the world, but as we know it.

But then again, maybe it could. I'll admit, there is a chance that the entire world could come to an end and I will be the first to admit that caring and fearing that is fruitless and worthless completely. There is nothing you are going to do about it anyway. What I do worry about is what the world is going to become. You speak of Israel or Iran - tomorrow that situation could erupt into nuclear war and battle lines are being drawn that put civilians in many locations in scenarios where there entire livelihoods would come crashing down. I'd hope to be prepared for something like that. The economy could tank at any moment. Despite "experts" speaking of growth, everyone knows the status of the economy at home and globally and they know that it takes only a small domino to tip that scale. 2012 could very well be the year where that happens and you will be eating your words.

But you also speak of being counterproductive and give your reasoning, but I have my own.

"I'm going to college."
"Why bother. I have a college degree. My friends have college degrees. We are all unemployed or working in factory labor."

"Honey, do you think its about time to have children?"
"No, because I don't really think that the currently volatility of the world is a satisfactory place to raise a child in."

"Let's all get wasted everyday from now on!"
"No thanks. I would rather have a clear head for whatever situation I may be put into."

You don't seem to grasp that most of the 2012 crap is only fueled by the current world that you claim the people aren't focused on. Believe me, that is my main focus and my main motivation. I am certainly not obsessed and I am certainly not banking on 2012 resulting in some catastrophe or some global awakening, but I am not going to just white wash away the signs that are in front of us that bad things could happen and are happening, both through human and natures hands.

You might not believe the possibility of it this year, when in reality, the possibility of it could be tomorrow. Not everyone is so focused on the world being wiped away from a rogue planet not to focus on the reality of the situation at hand. For many of us, it is why we are here in the first place.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

"It will be a consciousness raising experience, because people will throw out the old illusions that the end of the world is upon us. Instead of worrying about some event that is supposedly going to happen, people will concentrate more on what IS happening in the world, in the present."

This thing you said was an eye opener for me! This seems to make a lot of sense
Thank you for the thread OP, I enjoyed it.

But try not to sway others to much, as people will think as they wish. I personally hope something happens soon, A positive non-end of the world type thing of course :p

Itd be nice for it to be like what happens in movies, the bad guys get caught! And hopefully in this case, they’ll get caught and realize what they’ve been doing and become better people for it!

Maybe the sun is changing our DNA, instead of causing doom like some think, it is making us happier people and it will bring us closer together! Who knows eh? .. eh.. yea im Canadian

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
All of the lunatic claims still seem to be floating around despite the strong evidence against all of them.

1. Our DNA is changing
2. Unknown planets appearing
3. Consciousness shift

This appears to be nothing other than hubris. People think that humans are somehow special in the universe.

We are what we are and the universe is not going to do special things here on Earth just for the vanity of man.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

It will be a consciousness raising experience, because people will throw out the old illusions that the end of the world is upon us. Instead of worrying about some event that is supposedly going to happen, people will concentrate more on what IS happening in the world, in the present.

That is a very real and certainly attractive possibility. But, if we need an example of how this machinery works, all we have to do is to look back to the Y2K scare. It was something of a mini-2012 in that there was the paranoia and the scenarios of madness, death and destruction as the global infrastructure collapsed because computers would cycle back to the year 1900...

For those too young to remember so vividly, planes and satellites would fall from the sky, bank computers would crash and take all you money down the pipes, communications would crumble, the ability to ship and stock needed supplies would cease to function...

But on 1 January 2000, when we all woke up with our hangovers to find the world still spinning, we didn't take it as a lesson. All we did was scout for the next doomsday... the long count Mayan calendar and December 2012.

*sigh*

I suspect that sometime around new year's day 2013, we will again wake and again be hungover from drink and illusion, just to strike out one more time in search of the next day of calamity.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some countries do tend to think that they are somehow better than the rest. They bomb the # out of others so to remain comfortable in 'their' world-view of peace and love. How consciously awakened they are!!

We don't need a change. All is well here and now.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
And the shift will be away from... of trying to predict the end/Armageddon/rapture/some big moment

The end of 2012 will have no effect on the Biblically-based expectations, because they're not making any predictions for that date.
"2012" is a completely different religious movement.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I know what you mean, but this just feels like to me like it's going to be a sort of culminating point as far as doom prophecy goes.

I'd like to think that we will be able to step back and say, "This is stupid". I know this type of prophecy won't completely disappear, but it would be nice if it lurked farther in the shadows for awhile. I hope even the people that have high hopes will find themselves to believe a silly notion. Instead of waiting for positive change some years in the future, I hope they go for positive change in the present moment. There's no need to wait if it's really that important.
edit on 18-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I agree with your sentiments, but unfortunately I don't see any rational awakening by those who buy into the whole doomsday thing. They will just make up some reasons to say that they were still right even though nothing happens, and they will make up a new date.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
All of the lunatic claims still seem to be floating around despite the strong evidence against all of them.

1. Our DNA is changing
3. Consciousness shift

This appears to be nothing other than hubris.

After taking 2 out I don't think that's hubris really. Maybe just a natural phase of our evolution if it happens. I don't even see 1 happening if we have a shift either really because most of our DNA is classed as unused isn't it? So it's possible we could activite or re-activate some of it as part of a shift.
edit on 18-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

1. Our DNA is changing
2. Unknown planets appearing
3. Consciousness shift

This appears to be nothing other than hubris. People think that humans are somehow special in the universe.

We are what we are and the universe is not going to do special things here on Earth just for the vanity of man.

I don't necessary think those ideas are irrelevant, I just think it's ignorant to focus on a future date that is it going to happen...With zero evidence to say it will.

One poster said something about the Y2K problem, and there was a chance it could have happened. There was evidence that a catastrophe could have struck. It wasn't just some prediction that something was going to happen just because.

Just because a huge, Earth destroying asteroid will pass by the Earth, with a million to one odds of hitting it, doesn't justify people freaking out because of it.

Lets face it, there are many things that can happen given any moment of every day, but there is no point in obsessing about something you have no control over, unless you can shield yourself.

I guess it's possible for some rogue planet to be in space somewhere, but there is no credible evidence that we are being threatened by one, so there's no point in worrying about it until it gives you an ulcer.

Anything can happen at anytime, and if you consider one bad thing could happen, why not consider it all? What's stopping you? All you have to lose is your mental health. And you'll have also overlooked things that should matter more to you on Earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Things will happen, earth is ripe for a miracle..

or we can go back to paying taxes, going to war and stay being slaves to the system..(people who fear change will probably be comfortable in this area)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join